• ベストアンサー

【英文法】接続詞orについて

To receive the following month's issue, subscriptions should be sent in by the 15th of each month whether submitted electronically or by mail. 上記の英文のor by mailのorですが、こちらは等位接続詞でelectronicallyとby mailを対等の関係で結んでいる ...とのように考えていますが、解釈あっていますでしょうか?

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Nakay702
  • ベストアンサー率80% (9724/12096)
回答No.1

以下のとおりお答えします。 >To receive the following month's issue, subscriptions should be sent in by the 15th of each month whether submitted electronically or by mail. 上記の英文のor by mailのorですが、こちらは等位接続詞でelectronicallyとby mailを対等の関係で結んでいる ...とのように考えていますが、解釈あっていますでしょうか? ⇒はい、まさしくおっしゃるとおりです。 このorは、副詞electronicallyと副詞句by mailとを対等の関係で結んでいます。そして、この両者が動詞should be sentを修飾する格好になっています。 訳文はこうなります。 「翌月号を受け取るには、電子メールか郵送によって、毎月15日まで(のうち)に購読を申し込むものとします。」

その他の回答 (1)

noname#258631
noname#258631
回答No.2

whether submitted electronically or by mail 和訳: 電子メールで送っても郵便で送ってもどちらでもよいので(どちらであろうと) 難しい文法用語は知りませんが。

関連するQ&A

• 語順

日本語で、「期限までに書類が提出されたかどうか」を英訳する場合の語順ですが、下記の1・2のどちらが相応しいでしょう? 1.whether the document has been submitted by the due date or not. 2.whether the document has been submitted or not by the due date .

• 至急和訳おねがいします!!

But Americans should not be fooled by political leaders putting forward a false choice. The issue is not whether the government should vigorously pursue terrorists. The question is whether the security goals can achieved by less-intrusive or sweeping means, without tramping on democratic freedoms and basic right .Far too little has been said on this question by the White House or Congress in their defense of the N.S. A.’s dragnet.

• 文法について教えてください 1

文法について質問があります。 1. In 1938 Pearl S. Buck became the first American women (------) the Nobel Prize for Literature. (A) receive (B) received (C) to receive (正解) (D) she received 正解はCなのですが、私はBが正解だと思っていました。 Bはなぜ間違いなのでしょうか?また、CのToはどのような用法なのでしょうか? 2. The early years of the United States government were characterized by a debate concerning (-----) or individual states should have more power. (A) whether the federal government (正解) (B) either the federal government (C) that the federal government (D) the federal government Bはなぜ間違いなのでしょうか? 3. Beneath the streets of a modern city (-----) of walls, columns, cables, pipes, and tunnels required to satisfy the needs of its inhabitants. (A) where exists the network (B) the existing network (C) the network's existence (D) exists the network (正解) この文について、文法的に理解できません。 どれが主語と動詞でしょうか?

• 自由英作文

Write an essay in English from 100 to 120 words answering the following questions. "If you could change places with one person for a single day, who would it be and why?" You may choose anyone, living or dead, whether a famous figure or someone you know personally. You should describe the person, explain why you have chosen him or her, and state how would spend the day. 構造や書き方のコツ、作例などをどなたかお願いしたいです…

• 【大至急】英文メールのご添削

下記のビジネス上の英文の返信メール(2)について、おかしな箇所や自然にした方が良い部分がありましたら、訂正を宜しくお願い申し上げますm(_ _)m (1)先方からきたメールです。 Please can you email me a copy of the invoices each month? I am based in the ◯◯ and so will need to receive the invoices via email. The original copies should be sent to our Japanese office at the following address: ◯◯◯… (2)以下、上記のメールへの返信文です。 Thank you for your reply. Then, I will email you a copy of the invoices each month. Regarding the original copies, I will send to the this designated address. Best Regards,

• notice of entryとは

契約書にロイヤルティの支払いに関する記述があります。 XXXX shall pay the royalties either to a bank account designated by XXXX or by notice of entry, by the last day of the month following the month that・・・・. という英文の、指定口座の対となるby notice of entryの意味がわかりません。 ご存知の方がいらっしゃいましたら、ご教示ください。

• 英作の添削お願いします

Do you think that everyone should learn to speak one common international language? Explan why or why not. Write a passage of 5 sentences in English on your answer sheet. に対する英作です。 問題の文章の意味がはっきり分からなくて、 よく分からないまま書いてしまいました・・・。 I think that everone should learn to speak one common international language. But, it not means that remove many different language in the world. Many language are being lost, month by month, year by year. So, we need to save many different language. In addition, we need to speak one common international language, because if we do not know common international language, we can not conversation among people who speak different language. 宜しくお願いします。

• 英作文-5

日本に滞在している外国人の学生に次のように聞かれたとします。あなたならどのようにこたえ、どんな理由説明をしますか。 "Why do so many young Japanese have their own cellular phone? Most of my Japanese friends have a 'keitai'. Do I need to get one? It is a very useful tool. We had contacted other people by using telephone in our home or company , or using public telephone in towns. However, nowadays we can contact them by using it wherever you are. Furthermore, it has a lot of information and you can readily look for almost everything by using it. That's why many young Japanese have it. However,you should be free to decide whether you have or don't have it. よろしくお願いします!

• 英文和訳をお願いします。

下記文章なのですが、いまひとつ適切な訳が出来ません。 日本語に合った訳をお願いしたいのですが。 We would like to bring your attention to the following review submitted by Tat regarding lost or stolen goods. 遺失物や盗品に関しての下記観察に気を留めてもらいたい。 と言った意味合いでしょうが、Tat という単語が何を意味するのか全くわかりません。 宜しくお願いします。

• 分詞の問題で疑問になったところがありました

I want this parcel sent by air mail. という文で小包は送られる存在だからsentで過去分詞なのに。 You should not leave your engine running as you wait here. で、エンジンは動かされる存在なのに、過去分詞にならないのは何ででしょうか?教えて下さい。