• ベストアンサー

和訳お願いします。

She was buried in the cathedral, as befits someone of her position. Cambridge dictionaryより。 後半がよくわかりません。 「彼女はキャセドラルで埋葬された。彼女にふさわしく(?)」 someoneのこの使い方に馴染みがありません。 解説よろしくおねがいいたします。

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Nakay702
  • ベストアンサー率80% (9728/12102)
回答No.2

「彼女は、その地位(の人)にふさわしく、大聖堂に埋葬された。」 someone of her positionは、「彼女の地位の人」といった意味です。

oshieruoshiete
質問者

お礼

解説ありがとうございます。

その他の回答 (1)

• hiro_1116
  • ベストアンサー率30% (2367/7662)
回答No.1

彼女は、その地位にふさわしく、大聖堂に埋葬された。

oshieruoshiete
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます

関連するQ&A

• 和訳お願いします

From Siberia, the mammoth was sent to the Netherlands and Japan for analysis. Detailed studies of her teeth showed she was just one month old when she died. Ongoing research has also showed us the sequence of events that led to her death. Lyuba fell to her death near a muddy river. The mud helped keep her body frozen until she was found 40,000 years later. Scientists hope that further analysis will help explain how mammoths such as Lyuba lived―and why they finally all died out.

• 英語の和訳をお願いします

Prince William and Kate Middleton got their first royal wedding from the queen: the titles Duke and Duchess of Cambridge. Buckingham Palace said Friday that William is now His Royal Highness The Duke of Cambridge, and that Miss Catherine Middleton is now Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Cambridge. Because Middleton was not born royalty, she will not officially become Princess Catherine - although the public may choose to call her that, or even "Princess Kate," in defiance of royal protocol. The second Duke of Cambridge, Prince Adolphus Frederick, was the seventh son of King George III. Defying the Royal Marriage Act, he married his mistress, Sarah Louisa Fairbrother, an actress and a commoner, in 1847. Since the marriage wasn't legal, his children were all illegitimate, and the dukedom became extinct on his death, in 1904.

• 和訳してもらいたいです。

Evelyn was born on a farm in Scotland. She began taking piano lessons at age eight. Later that same year, she began to notice that her hearing was gradually failing. “As I was losing my hearing, I tried hard not to be sad, but I was becoming a very angry person,” says Evelyn. “Then one of my teachers said, ‘Evelyn, put your hand on the copper ball of one of the timpani drums.’ I could feel the vibration. Then he tuned the two timpani drums to different pitches. I noticed the difference between the vibrations.” Evelyn gives a lot of credit to her secondary school teachers for encouraging her to take drum lessons at the age of 12. After just a few lessons, she seemed to have found the right thing for her. She soon began working with various percussion instruments, but it wasn’t long before she had lost most of her hearing. However, she simply refused to worry about it and continued to follow her dreams. What does Evelyn think about her success? She often points out, “I’m not a deaf musician. I’m a musician who happens to be deaf.” 問1、Who encouraged her to take drum lessons? 問2、Does Evelyn think of herself as a deaf musician? やってもらうと助かります。

• 英文和訳の質問。

"What would you like for Christmas?" Mrs. Deverell asked. Angel had scarcely spoken a word ail day, was lying there, fuming, frustrated by this intrusion. For once, she did not know what she would like. It was only a matter of time before she would have everything she wanted. [As a famous novelist, she could buy herself jewelry, expensive clothes, a fur coat, her own car. All that separated her from such riches was the time it would take to transfer what was m her head to the pages of the exercise-book ― time which her mother's unexpected visit was causing her to lose. ] 『ディバレルが有名な小説家になったので、ディバレルはアンジェルに宝石や高価な衣服、毛皮のコート、車を買い与えることができた。そのような豊かさからアンジェルをを引き離したすべてのことは問題集のページに自分の母親の名前が出てきたことで変えていったのでした。つまり、母親が思ってもいなかった事態に、アンジェルは自分を見失ってしまったのだ。』 [ ]の英文だけで結構です。 この英文の訳を教えてください。また、熟語・構文等の解説もよろしくお願いします。

• 和訳見てください!

「it was typical of her that her first thought was , how unpleasant it would be for her friends to know she had overheard .」 という英文を和訳する問題で、 「ふと話を聞いてしまったことを知ることが彼女の友人にとってどれだけ不満かというのを、彼女がまず考えるのはよくあることであった。」 と和訳しました。 この訳ではどこがまずいでしょうか?ご指摘願います。

• 和訳お願いします。

Rachel has a lot of young fans. Does she think of herself as a role model, or someone they can respect? Rachael says:`I don't really consider myself to be a role model. If someone wants to think of me as one, that's great. But I don't really see why they would. Iexpected to come here, do my best, have my dogs do their best, and hopefully finish in the top 15 or 20. But that obviously didn't happen. The worst thing you can do is to give up. It doesn't matter what your 'disability' is. You can overcome it." Rachael manages to complete the race. As she passes the finish line, everybody cheers. She finishes the weeklong race as the 23rd racer out of 27 racers. Many people are very proud of her and what she has done. She has achieved a lot . After the race,Rachael stands proudly at the finish line with the other racers. Although she did not win the race itself, she successfully completed seven days of hard racing. She made it across 300 difficult miles guided by her alternate senses and her love of racing. In many people's opinions, this is what makes Rachael a real winner !

• 和訳をよろしくお願いします

Dear Annie: My adult daughter recently visited from out of state, and she has developed some odd and off-putting habits. I really don't mean to judge her, but I'd also like to help her. At the same time, if I said anything, she might run a hundred miles in the opposite direction. She has stopped showering every day. I'm not sure whether it's a "save the water" thing or what, but frankly, she smells like the zoo. No deodorant, either. Her clothes are dirty, as well. She has also dropped table manners. She frequently eats with her hands -- says it's what they do in other countries. Her open mouth chews away as she talks, with bits of food spraying all over. She burps freely, and it's not a health/indigestion issue. Her body language says "relax," no matter what position she's in -- slumped at the table, reclined on the couch, etc. I think she's trying to be as earthy as possible. Her husband is very similar, so at least they're not offending each other. -- Judgmental-ish Mom Dear Judgmental-ish Mom: It sounds as if your flower child has taken on a whole new look and smell, and she wants you and everyone around her to notice it. It is lovely that she has found a more relaxed state of living, but not at the expense of her own hygiene. The dirty clothing and lack of bathing will eventually catch up with her -- perhaps in the form of a rash or sickness, and that would take away from her and her husband's "relaxed" state. The dirty clothing and lack of bathing will eventually catch up with herの和訳をよろしくお願いします

• 和訳してください!!

自分で訳してみても全然わからないので和訳してください!! Eventually,she has to stop and follow the ropes with her hands. She tries to get them straight by touch alone. This time,her hands are not enough, so Rachael gets her helper, Matt,to assist her. During the race, Matt has traveled along with Rachael on a snowmobile. After he helps her to move the dogs into position, she is able to continue the race. Later, Racheal reflects on the difficulties she had. ''I think the hardest part was just keeping it together,"she says. "I was just thinking, 'okay, either quit right now and stay in the cold,or finish this leg and them do this again tomorrow.' "Rachael decided to continue the race, but unfortunately, she was last across the finish line for the day's leg. Day five of the race was difficult for Rachael, but at least she made it!

• 英文の和訳をお願いします。

She was such a famous pianist that five months of her concerts paid for her house for 18 years. 簡単な単語ばかりなのですが、イマイチ内容が掴めません。どなたかよろしくお願いします。

• as pastの説明

She was still young, though she vaguely thought of herself as past her prime. think of A as B のBには名詞が入るのではないかと思うのですが、as past her prime のpastは動詞のように使われています。慣用表現なのでしょうか。