• ベストアンサー
※ ChatGPTを利用し、要約された質問です(原文:英文で意味するところが分かりません。)

英文を分解して解説!タイトル:質問文章から意味を探る

SPS700の回答

• ベストアンサー
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.5

#3です。補足です。 >>で、質問ですが、onto the bottoms ですが、ドラムは上下逆さまにして置いてあるのでしょうか?  おっしゃる通りです。 >>ドラムを上下逆さまにしたら底が上面になります。その上面にレースを縫い付けたのでしょうか? ドラムの元々の上面にはフタなどの突起物があるので、それを上面にしてはテーブルとして使えないと思うのです。  ですからドラムを上下ひっくり返して使っているわけです。 >>レースはそのどこに縫い付けられていると想像できますか? 全体像が分かりません  鉄のドラム缶には縫い付けられないので布が必要ですから、ドラム缶の底より広い高価な布をかけ、それにレースを縫い付けた、と考えればいいと思います。

0123gokudo
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございます。 すっきりしました。

関連するQ&A

• この英文を訳してください

"Makeup artist Greg Wencel, who created the beauty look for "In Living Color" (page 54), was literally swept off his feet - and onto the back of a scooter - after leading on the Greek island of Mykonos for a vacation." 雑誌の一部でGreg Wencelさんのある話を紹介しています。

• worthの意味

I have a background in food service, about ten years worth of experience bartending and waiting tables. about ten years worth of experienceのworthは具体的な意味があるのでしょうか。もし「10年の価値のある経験」という意味なら、「実際には10年の経験はしていないがその価値がある」という意味と考えてよいのでしょうか。それともあまり意味はないのでしょうか。 それからbartending and waiting tablesの二つのing動詞は現在分詞でexperienceを形容していると考えてよいのでしょうか。

• コーオプテーションの意味内容(英文邦訳)

It is therefore worthwhile to consider both explicit and inadvertent reasons for the formation of interlocks. Several have been stipulated, including collusion, cooptation and monitoring, legitimacy, career advancement, and social cohesion. Cooptation and Monitoring A less sinister interpretation of interlocking is that it reflects attempts by organizations to coopt sources of environmental uncertainty. This idea has spawned considerable research and continues to influence organizational theory. In his classic study of the Tennessee Valley Authority (1949), Selznick defined cooptation as the absorption of potentially disruptive elements into an organization’s decision-making structure. Drawing on Selznick, Thompson & McEwen (1959) presented a hypothetical example of cooptation, in which a corporation invites onto its board of directors a representative of a bank to which the firm is heavily indebted. 上記英文中のcooptationの意味内容を日本語にすると一体どういう意味になるでしょうか?お分かりの方,宜しくお願いします。

• 英文の翻訳お願いします。

靴をの宣伝のメールだと思いますが大変でも翻訳お願いします。 Do you think you could start selling some our ‘nicks Boots’? They are hand lasted but the pricing is closer to $320-350 retail. I have some samples if you would like to take a look. We’re able to do oxfords in 3, 4 and 5” heights, different colored upper stitching and sole stitching and we also have a 5” lace to toe model. Let me know if you’re interested, I can send you some detailed pictures.

• 英文の小説で、分からないところがあります。

小泉八雲の『十六桜』を訳しています。 この中で、侍が(介錯なしで、たった一人で)切腹をする場面があるのですが、 いまいち、よく分からない描写があるのです。 "...under that tree he spread a white cloth and divers coverings, and sat down upon the coverings, and performed hara-kiri after the fashion of a samurai." ここに出てくる"covering(s)"が、何のことなのか、いまいち、よく、分かりません。 はじめ、「(周りの)覆い」かな、と思っていたのですが、"sat down upon the coverings" とあるので、「覆い」ではなさそうです。 この"covering"とは、 「筵」のことでしょうか。「白い布を一枚、広げ、その上に、 筵を何枚か、敷いた。」ということなのでしょうか。 どなたか、教えてください。

• 英文確認

参考画像にある「〇」のバンダナマスクと同様に、あなたにはバンダナマスクの下あごの布を首の部分まで少し広げて描いて欲しいです。 Like the bandana mask of '0' in the reference image, I want you to draw the cloth of the lower jaw of the bandana mask a little to the neck and draw it. お送りしました参考画像のように×のような下あごにピッタリサイズではなく、〇ように首の部分まで少し布を広げて描いて欲しいと海外の方に伝えたいのですが、この英文は正しいでしょうか? 文法等に間違えがありましたら教えて頂けますと幸いです。

• 英文翻訳をお願いいたします。

At the start of the war, Britain was involved in two minor naval clashes – Heligoland and Dogger Bank. A full-scale naval clash between Germany and Britain had not occurred. Germany’s fleet was smaller than Britain’s but both fleets benefited from the development in 1906 of the Dreadnought. Overnight, all warships were redundant in terms of what they could do relative to the Dreadnought. The new design was quickly latched onto by the Germans and a naval race began.

• 英文の意味を教えて下さい。

海外のサイトで手作りの石鹸を見つけました。欲しいので日本に発送してくれるか?成分はどんな成分か?サンプルはもらえるか?等と質問をして返事が来ました。 すみませんが意味を教えてくれませんか?お願いします。 I do sell samples- they ate listed in my store under the samples category. I do ship internationally but you would need to pay shipping. All my ingredients are listing in every listing. I used to carry detergent soaps but are phasing them out and only purchase detergent-free base now. Because of FDA regulations, I cannot legally say anything more that my soap washes. I cannot say that it moisturizes or helps dry skin. I also cannot say that it helps with any medical conditions such as eczema, etc. I can only simply state that it washes. FDA had tough rules on that. Although I would love to supply soap to you on a regular basis, at this time, I'm not able to make more than what I have as we're moving in 5 weeks and I got a new job working 58 hours a week so that keeps me too busy to find time to make soap right now. If you'd like to contact me in a few months and see if things have changed, that would be fine.

• 英文の構文と意味がわかりません

2006年のエッセーで少し古いのですが、 http://st.japantimes.co.jp/english_news/essay/2006/ey20061013/ey20061013main.htm?print=noframe %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% As I write these words, Shinzo Abe has just been named Japan's 90th prime minister. As his election had been widely expected, both Japanese and English media reports have featured him lately. Unfortunately, many liberal writers have unnecessarily cranked up their panic machines over Abe's conservative views. Words like "nationalist" and "hawkish," for example, are used frequently in a Sept. 19 article in the Washington Post. Likewise, Michael Zielenziger writes in the LA Times on Sept. 25 that Abe's election "raises fears that [Japan's] long-repressed well of virulent nationalism, buried just beneath the surface, could again rise up." What has Abe done to spur these horrible worries? According to Mr. Zielenziger, the fact that Abe "envisions Japan as a 'country that can be proud of its history and culture,'" which he goes on to warn is "a nod to the virulent strains of nationalism still frighteningly potent within Japanese society." Methinks Mr. Zielenziger has a problem distinguishing between healthy patriotism and "virulent nationalism." Abe has suggested that he would visit Yasukuni Shrine as prime minister. The "obvious" message in this action, if we are to believe Mr. Douglas Lummis in his Sept. 15 essay here, is that ("if [this logic is] carried to its conclusion...,") the prime minister believes Japan's war criminals were heroes, he rejects the judgment of the Tokyo War Crimes Tribunal, and he thinks that Japan is no longer bound by the 1952 San Francisco Peace Treaty. Those are some hard-to-swallow conclusions, given that Abe (and Koizumi before him) has stressed repeatedly in speeches that Japan's relations with the United States are the cornerstone of the nation's foreign policy. I also find it remarkable that many leftists, Korea and China continue to harp about Yasukuni visits, claiming they are a celebration of Japan's military past, or the class-A war criminals. This is despite the fact that the latter makes up a mere 0.00057 percent of the 2.5 million souls enshrined at Yasukuni, and that Koizumi himself has made clear, ad nauseam, that he only visits the shrine to pray for peace. Apparently those opposed believe they are capable of reading the prime minister's mind. I'm surprised that Abe's politics even show up on the radar of the left, given the condition of the United States under George W. Bush. The nationalism and hawkishness that permeate present-day U.S. foreign policy completely surpasses anything coming out of Japan. Compared to Bush, Abe is positively middle-of-the-road. Somehow I don't see him rewriting the Constitution to permit the invasion of a nation in the Middle East in a misguided attempt to promote democracy. There's a fine line between patriotism and nationalism. One dictionary defines nationalism as "excessive patriotism, marked by a feeling of superiority over other countries." If Abe does, in fact, feel Japan is superior, he's got good reason: The country's low crime, high longevity, superb infrastructure, near-100 percent literacy, spectacular high-technology and world-leading medical care are all justifiable sources of pride (and part of why I've made But let's give the man some time to get to work and show his true colors before we start plastering him with questionable labels. We're still a very long way from the days of his grandfather. %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% 上記の第三段落の the fact that Abe "envisions Japan as a 'country that can be proud of its history and culture,'" which he goes on to warn is "a nod to the virulent strains of nationalism still frighteningly potent within Japanese society." この部分の構文が分かりません。the fact がどこにかかるのか、the fact とwhich は同格なのか、which は何を指してどこにかかるのか? また最後の We're still a very long way from the days of his grandfather. ですが、 安倍首相の祖父の岸信介氏の安保闘争の時代ですから60年前ですね。その60年が長いと言ってるのでしょうが、still が入って意味が分かりにくくなってしまいました。この文は何を言いたいのでしょうか? 宜しく。

• 英文確認

突然のご質問を誠に申し訳ございません。 もしよろしければ、ご回答を頂けますと幸いです。 参考画像にある「〇」のバンダナマスクと同様に、あなたにはバンダナマスクの下あごの布を首の部分まで少し広げて描いて欲しいです。 Like the bandana mask of '0' in the reference image, I want you to draw the cloth of the lower jaw of the bandana mask a little to the neck and draw it. お送りしました参考画像のように×のような下あごにピッタリサイズではなく、〇ように首の部分まで少し布を広げて描いて欲しいと海外の方に伝えたいのですが、この英文は正しいでしょうか? 文法等に間違えがありましたら教えて頂けますと幸いです。