• ベストアンサー

held herself out

I’ve just discovered that my dad has children by another woman (Note to cheaters: Facebook isn’t as secret as you think it is). This other woman has held herself out as my father’s wife. held herself out as my father’s wifeはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• corta
  • お礼率76% (4123/5358)
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.1

This other woman has held herself out as my father’s wife. この別の女性は父の妻として振舞っています。 hold oneself 振舞う https://ejje.weblio.jp/content/hold+oneself Hold oneself as... 「…として振る舞う」 https://www.mkikuchi-law.com/article/14615873.html

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

関連するQ&A

• recognize herself

My mother-in-law is not depressed. She's just lazy and has poor organizational skills. She spends too much time watching TV and emailing. I am hoping she might recognize herself in your column.https://www.arcamax.com/healthandspirit/lifeadvice/anniesmailbox/s-2026281 recognize herselfとはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• catch herself

My mother-in-law, "Linda," has been calling my daughter Tootsie as a nickname since the day she was born. I have no idea where this nickname came from but it drives me crazy. I have asked her to call her by her given name so she is not confused as she grows older and to avoid possible ridicule from classmates down the road. She tried to catch herself at first but now continues to call her Tootsie even with gentle reminders. ここでのcatch herselfはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• hold out on

I have recently started to have some serious anger issues toward my older sister. She has had a major drug problem for years so I started to slowly cut her out of my and my husband and child’s lives. We tried it all, interventions, etc., but nothing worked. When my father passed away in 2012, it was his wish that we split everything 50/50. She started selling equipment and pocketed the money. Once I found out about it, we had a huge blowup. I started the process to open his estate and wanted to finish it as quickly as possible. She held out on things she wanted: his house, my grandparents’ home, an empty lot. hold out onはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• flew her out

My father began dating four years after my mother passed away from a terrible bout with cancer. He and I have always been close; in fact, I have always considered him to be one of my best friends. But since he started dating he has changed. I just traveled across the country for a family funeral and discovered that he has a new love in his life, and that he flew her out to see all of our extended family. My dying grandmother got to meet her, but I didn't even know her name! flew her outはどのような意味でしょうか?あと、got toはcouldに置き換えられるでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 和訳お願いします。

My father thinks of my mother, of how lady-like she is, and of the pride which will be his when he introduces her to his family. They are not yet engaged and he is not yet sure that he loves my mother, so that, once in a while, he becomes panicky about the bond already established. But then he reassures himself by thinking of the big men he admires who are married: William Randolph Hearst and William Howard Taft, who has just become the President of the United States.   My father arrives at my mother's house. He has come too early and so is suddenly embarrassed. My aunt, my mother's younger sister, answers the loud bell with her napkin in her hand, for the family is still at dinner. As my father enters, my grandfather rises from the table qnd shakes hands with him. My mother has run upstairs to tidy herself. My grandmother asks my father if he has had dinner and tells him that my mother will be down soon. My grandfather opens the conversation by remarking about the mild June weather. My father sits uncomfortably near the table, holding his hat in his hand. My grandmother tells my aunt to take my father's hat. My uncle, twelve years old, runs into the house, his hair tousled. He shouts a greeting to my father, who has often given him nickels, and then runs upstairs, as my grandmother shouts after him. It is evident that the respect in which my father is held in this house is tempered by a good deal of mirth. He is impressive, but also very awkward.

• The Guardian -和訳お願いします。

And yet nothing anyone has ever said to me in my capacity as “woman” has ever come close to what comes my way in my capacity as “wheelchair user”.

• よろしくお願いします

My father has just collapsed from a cancer none of us knew he had. He is ailing, and my mother is absolutely freaking out. She has always had undiagnosed, untreated mental illnesses. Since his retirement, she has clung to my father. My sister is there trying to manage things while my father is in the hospital. ここでのMy sister is thereはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• break out in hives

My childless sister “Sally” and I are close but are having a disagreement. Sally lives several hours away, and my 8-year-old daughter and I try to visit for the weekend about once per month. The problem is that my daughter has severe pet allergies, and Sally has two cats and a small terrier. Though she keeps her house as clean as possible, the very presence of these pets causes my daughter to sneeze, congest, and sometimes break out in hives. break out in hivesはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• act out

I work long hours in order to contribute to our rent and utilities. My sister and I are essentially raising our younger brother, who has been struggling in school and acting out. https://www.arcamax.com/healthandspirit/lifeadvice/anniesmailbox/s-2054072 ここでのacting outはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• よろしくお願いします

My 82-year-old father is doing well for his age but is not as swift and smooth as he used to be. Lately, when we go over for dinner, my dad gets my husband alone and asks him to buy a shotgun for Dad to use for “protection.” go overは「父のところに行く」でしょうか?あと、gets my husband aloneはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします