• ベストアンサー

rabbit hole

My brother, a widower, is dating a new girlfriend after a long search. She is kind and loving, and I want them to be happy, but there’s one major problem: She has breast cancer, and she’s gone down the naturopathy rabbit hole. gone down the naturopathy rabbit holeはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• corta
  • お礼率76% (4131/5367)
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.1

"Down the rabbit hole" a metaphor for an entry into the unknown, the disorienting or the mentally deranging, from its use in Alice's Adventures in Wonderland (英語版Wikipedia) 自然療法でガンを直そうという,誤った考えにはまってしまった。 私の親しい友人もこれで手遅れになり,そういう人が増えてほしくないので,あなたの質問には答えない方針ですが,それを曲げて回答をつけました。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

関連するQ&A

• rabbit hole

I have been dating the most amazing man for the past 11 months. As we approach the one-year anniversary of the day we met, this perfect man is showing some not-so-perfect traits. I was unlucky in love for many years until he swept me off my feet. We have both become extremely close with each other's respective friends and family. He's everything I have been searching for in a life partner and husband. But when he drinks, he confides his deep fears of dating me and enumerates each and every one of my relationship insecurities -- nagging, anxiety, loneliness, etc. The next day he acts like nothing happened! He swears up and down that it was the alcohol talking and he doesn't mean any of the harsh words he spoke the night before. Should I believe him? Please don't let me be the naive girl traveling down a dark rabbit hole. rabbit holeという表現をたまにみかけるのですが、良くわかりません。traveling down a dark rabbit holeでどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• rabbit hole

Today, nothing is going right. You receive disappointing news. You’re late to work, of course, after spilling coffee all over your clothes. You didn’t get much sleep because you’re thinking of everything you needed to do yesterday. You’re also late paying your bills. You pick a fight with your partner. The rain pounding on the pavement feels like it’s pounding directly on your head. You fall down the Facebook rabbit hole, and don’t emerge until an hour—let’s be honest, several hours—later. https://psychcentral.com/blog/when-youre-having-a-hard-day/ fall down the Facebook rabbit holeはどのような意味でしょうか?(以前似たような質問をしたのですが、見返しても分かりませんでした) よろしくお願いします

• "breast of cancer" ?

下記文中の”breast of cancer” は”cancer of breast”の間違いでしょうか。それとも文法的に正しいのでしょうか。 よろしくお願いします。 Dr. Sterns said researchers need to find out how much of the drug is needed and how often it should be administered to rid the breast of cancer. --出展-- http://www.voanews.com/english/news/health/New-Breast-Cancer-Treatment-Shows-Great-Promise-135778523.html

• fall out

My 20-year-old son “Ted” has a 19-year-old girlfriend named “Dahlia.” Dahlia is very well-endowed and rarely wears a bra. However, she does wear low-cut clothing and often looks like she’s about to fall out. fall outはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 和訳お願いします

She is in a good playful mood-you can now see why they might have once gone out-they are comfortable as old boyfriend and girlfriend. おねがいします! 参照元 「FOUR WEDDINGS AND A FUNERAL」より 動画はhttp://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm16454787の5:30に該当(セリフではなく描写の文である)

• 英語問題

下から適切な単語を選んで空欄をうめる問題なのですが、わかりますか? わかったら翻訳もお願いします(;_;) breast cancer syphilis menopausal disorder uterine cancer infertility toxemia of pregnancy (1)_____ indicates a medical condition after permanent shutting down of the female reproductive system. (2)_____ primarily refers to the inability of a man or a woman to achieve conception. (3)_____ is a malignant tumor that sats in the cells of the breast in women and men. (4)_____ is a medical condition where hypertension arises in pregnancy as well as signifcant amounts of protein in the urine. (5)_____ is a bacterial sexually transmitted disease caused mainly by sexual intercourse. (6)The term _____ refers to several different types of cancer which occur in the uterus.

• 文解釈について

小説の一節です。 He chose a spot not too far from the sidewalk. Where my mother changed busses she'd gone into a store and bought him a trowel and four packets of seeds. この文のshe'd gone into a store以下をどう解釈してよいのか分かりません。 busses she'dの間には何かが省略されているとは思うのですが。。 changed, had goneとあるので時系列に考えてみたのですが整理しきれません。 どなたか分かる方いらっしゃいましたら教えてください。

• Is this Ms.Green?に対してyesの答え

今ワークをやっているんですが Is this Ms. Green? に対して ___,__is.___a teacher. と穴埋めになっています! で、答えあわせをしたら答えが Yes, she is. she’s a teacher. となっていたのですが Yes,she is.って変じゃないですか?すいません説明おねがいします・・・

• 久保田 利伸 

彼の曲で、だいぶ昔なのですが、 .... Oh, it's a magic (ブランケットがどうのこうの・) and she's gone, gone, gone ... という、とてもsweetな曲があったのですが、 ご存知でしたら、その曲名とアルバム教えてください。

• よろしくお願いします

My younger brother has recently started dating a girl who our entire family feels is wrong for him. Though she’s a nice person, she is unemployed and bounces from couch to couch. She has no support from her family and suffers chronic health issues. Unfortunately, she has no education beyond high school. She lives in the suburbs without a car and thus depends on friends, and now, my brother, to get around. How can I politely suggest that my brother raise his standards without alienating him? bounces from couch to couchはどのような意味でしょうか?あと、raise his standardsとはどういうことでしょうか?よろしくお願いします