The Language of Bees: A Fascinating Discovery

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Discover how bees communicate with each other using a unique language.
  • Learn about the limitations of the bee language and how it differs from human language.
  • Find out how this discovery by Von Frisch revolutionized our understanding of bee behavior.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

英語翻訳

英語に翻訳お願いします。 This is clearly an example of displacement.The scout bee tells what he found in the past, far away, and the worker bees know what they must do in the future. Von Frisch discovered that this ability was highly developed. Different bee colonies had different dances or 'dialects,' and they could find food up to seven kilometers away. Just ask yourself if you could easily give or follow directions, without a map, to a particular tree several kilometers from your home! However, this is not to say that these bees have a human ability with language. Von Frisch did an experiment in which he put a food source high in the air on a pole. The scout bees found it, but they were unable to tell the worker bees that it was much higher up than their usual food supply. Their language was a closed system with no way of expressing something new or unexpected. It lacked another feature of human language called "open-endedness."

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数0

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
noname#232424
noname#232424
回答No.1

ミツバチの生態についてですね。たぶん,日本語に翻訳してほしいの誤記でしょう。 This is clearly an example of displacement.The scout bee tells what he found in the past, far away, and the worker bees know what they must do in the future. これは明らかな情報転移の例である。斥候バチは,過去にどれくらいの距離で何(=蜜源)を発見したかを(身振りで)告げ,働きバチは彼らがこれから何をすべきかを知る。 Von Frisch discovered that this ability was highly developed. Different bee colonies had different dances or 'dialects,' and they could find food up to seven kilometers away. Von Frischは,この能力が高度に発達していることを発見した。異なるハチの巣には,異なる身振り,すなわち「方言」があり,彼らは最大7キロメートル遠方の食料(=蜜)を発見できる。 Just ask yourself if you could easily give or follow directions, without a map, to a particular tree several kilometers from your home! However, this is not to say that these bees have a human ability with language. 自問してみよう。地図を使わずに,自宅から数キロメートル遠方にある特定の樹木の位置を,簡単に他人に教えたりたどったりできるだろうか。しかし,このことは,これらのミツバチが言語を使うヒトの能力を持っている,ということは意味していない。 Von Frisch did an experiment in which he put a food source high in the air on a pole. The scout bees found it, but they were unable to tell the worker bees that it was much higher up than their usual food supply. Von Frischは,食物源(訳注:砂糖水を入れた皿)を棒の先に高くかかげる実験を行った。斥候バチはそれを発見したが,通常の蜜源よりもはるかに高い位置にあることを,働きバチに教えることができなかった。 訳注:ミツバチの伝達情報には,「太陽方角との相対方角」と「距離」しかなく,「地上からの高さ」はふくまれないから。 Their language was a closed system with no way of expressing something new or unexpected. It lacked another feature of human language called "open-endedness." ミツバチの身振りは閉鎖した情報体系であり,新しい予期しなかった事象を表現することはできなかった。すなわち,「拡張性」と呼ばれるヒトの言語の特徴を欠いていたのである。 ーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーー レベルとしては,理学部の「教養英語」クラスの予習ですか。明日の授業にカンニングが間に合ってよかったですね。これくらい読めないと,困るよ。

関連するQ&A

• 英語の翻訳お願いします

先月、金星堂出版の英語のテキストを購入したのですが、解答が付いていなく、訳が分からないのでお忙しいとは思いますが翻訳お願いしたいです。以下長文。 English is often called the world's lingua franca. About this, there is little dispute. However, what about the term lingua franca? It means the Frankish language, but how did it come to be known so well as an expression in English? The language is full of intersting idioms and expressions whose origins we often fail to give even a thought to. If we did, we would find that English expressions and idioms often have fascinating stories behind them. Pidgin English is one such expression. If you ask a native English speaker what thia means, he or she will likely explain the meaning corrently:broken, or badly spoken, English. If you ask why people use this exprettion, they might explain in it this way: Pigeons are not very clever birds, so it means someone whose Englilsh is not beyond the level of a simple bird. However, this is not correct at all. During the period of the Opium Wars,1839-60, Potuguese, British, and Dutch traders went to China in large number to do business. They created a simplified from of English that could be used to do business. Business English often sounded like pidgin English when spoken with an accept, so this name stuck. Flea market is another intersing expression. Most people think that this word comes from the old goods that are often sold at such markets. Because they are old and possibly durty, they might be full of fleas. Fleas are associsted with dirty things. People used to think that those selling goods at such markets looked dirty,too. They might have been carring fleas, which could have been a cause for the name. Neither is correct. There was a market in New York City long ago called the Vallie Markt. In Dutch, it meant Valley Market. It is easy to forget that the Dutch were the first European settlers in New York, before the British too over in 1664. Over the year, Vallie Markt became Vlie Market. In Dutch, the "v "sound like an "f" in English: "Flee" or "flea" both sound like the "vlie" in "Vlie Market." The term "flea market," however, has been translated into "market of fleas" in many languages, Japanese and French included. When a ship is in troublle, it sends out this message: "Mayday! Myday!" Many believe that this word is used because something bad once happened on May 1. Actually, it is the English version of "M'aidez!," which means, "Help me!" in French. "My brother is up the river!" thismeans that your brother ia in prison. How did English get this expression? Ossining State Prison was 30 km away from New York City... along the Hudson River. Therefore, if you did something illegal in New York City, which has never had a shortage of criminals, you might have been sent to Ossining... up the Hudson River. So many words and phrases have entered the English language in an intersting way. Bcause English is the lingua franca of the world, it gets to borrow from many launguages of the world as well/ Bravo for English! Brovo... that was originally an Italian word, by the way.

• their lack of English language ability と the lack of their English ---

会話の本に This explains why it is almost impposible to get a westernーstyle conversation or discussion going with English students in Japan. I used to think that the problem was their lack of English language ability. But I finally came to realize that the biggest problem is that they,too, are playing the wrong game.  私はこの文章を覚えているのですが, 問題は二番目の文章で、their lack of English laguage ability を 時たまthe lack of their English language ability といっております。文章を書く場合は後者がただしいのだと思いますが、 話す場合は前者で良いのでしょうか。 教えて下さい。英文文頭のThis は前の文章のことです。

• 英文和訳(科学論文)の添削をお願いします.その2

QNo.6655500の続きですが,しっくりしないものになってしまいました.どなたか宜しくお願いします. To test this we gave the bees a series of challenges to see if they could complete them or not, and then tested them to see if they solved the puzzle and how they solved it. It was a difficult puzzle, because the bees could not just learn to go to the colour of the flower. Instead, they had to learn to go to one colour (blue) if it was surrounded by the opposite colour (yellow), but also to go to the opposite colour (yellow) if it was surrounded by blue. We also wanted to know if all the bees solved the puzzle in the same way. If not, it would mean that bees have personality (if a bee goes to the blue flower every time, it tells us that it really likes blue). これを試すために,私たちはハチ(彼ら)が,それを完全にできるかできないかを確認するために,ハチ(彼ら)の一連の課題を示した.そしてそれはハチ(彼ら)がパズルを解けるか?どのように解いたかを考えるために(彼ら)をテストした.ハチは今はじめて花の色について学習できたのではないので,これは難しいパズルである.そのかわりとして,ハチ(彼ら)は反対色(黄色)で囲まれた色(青)かどうか,それどころか(?)青に囲まれた反対色(黄色)なのかどうか学習しなくてはならなかった.また,私たちは全てのハチが同じ方法でパズルを解くかどうか知りたかった.もしそうでないなら,ハチが顕著な個性をもっていることを意味する.ハチが毎回青い花に行くなら,それは,青がほんとうに好きなことを私たちに言っている.

• 翻訳

お願いします。 Can we continue to import food and virtual water like this? Developing countries,where some of the food imported to Japan is produced,may not export to us in the future. They'll need all the food they produce to feed their own growing populations. In that case,we may have to produce much more of our own food in Japan. For this we will nedd a large amount of water. If that happens,we won't be able to use water as freely as we do now. You can probably understand now that our lives are sustained not only by visible water,but also by invisible,virtual water. We should keep this virtual water in mind and remember that water is a limited resource. We nedd to use it as carefully and as wisely as possible.

• 翻訳お願いします。お

The heart of this debate was: How do I reconcile belong in this country of my birth when this country seems bent on oppressing what l believe are my most fundamental and necessarily unalienable individual rights? To white segregationists,this supposed right was the one that entitled them to segregate those different from themselves away from themselves; where as to blacks and integrationist whites the opposing right was the one that freed them to move wherever and associate however they pleased without fear of harm when they did so. In this commotion and in the disputation surrounding it―a long disputation called the American Civil Rights Movement―many people lost their lives in order that justice and right should prevail, which it did, if not perfectly・

• 英語翻訳、できる方、どうかお願いします。

We note that you have provided only a partial reimbursement for this order. In this situation, a partial reimbursement is not appropriate because it does not address the cause for which this claim was filed. We would advise you to reimburse the buyer appropriately. Please let us know what the refund status is as soon as possible so that we may resolve this claim. Please note that failure to respond to this email within three business days may result in a debit to your Amazon.com account. 翻訳機を使わずできるかた、どうぞよろしくお願いします。

• 英語の翻訳をお願いします。

英語の翻訳をお願いします。 海外の方にカメラを販売して、来たメールです。 I have appreciated dealing with you all in the past. I have a three concerns about this item, as it was described in near-mint condition. The light meter is non-functional. It cannot be repaired (selenium cell). I had expected it was a working light meter, as it was included in the picture that was described in "near mint" condition. I expected a light meter. I got nothing. The hood "CdS Chimney finder" has some kind of fungus growing on the lens (see pic). It also goes into the metering area, so not sure if it has killed the meter, and not sure how successful I will be in rooting this out. If anyone had taken a look at this, they would have seen this is not "near mint." The 127mm lens has some kind of black gunk stuck on the back lens element that I am not sure if I can remove safely. I will see. The camera is in good working order, and the included lenses, chimney-finder and grip are deeply appreciated, I am a little let down that some of the other things were not as described. Regards 長文ですけど、よろしくお願いします。

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

There's been a lot of times though in the band situation where there's been some deep wounds. Like that press conference they put together in 1996, after canceling three shows. The same stuff was going on with certain members of the band, that I was doing at that time. That was that time, I'm not making an excuse for it, it was a horrible time in my life. As well there were a lot of great things going on in my life, but that part of it was miserable. But I don't think at all that there needed to be a press conference to out me publicly, that was my own business.

• 英語で分からない問題があるので教えてください!

(1)次の英文をIt is〔was〕... that~の構文を使い、 ←の語句をそれぞれ強調する英文を完成させなさい。 1) Jim ← It was ( )that ( ) in a taxi. 2) his wallet ← It was ( ) that ( ) in a taxi. 3) in a taxi ← It was ( ) that( ). (2)日本語訳を完成させなさい。 I'd like to book a room at the hotel.  →そのホテルの部屋を( )。

• どなたか英語に詳しい方、日本語に翻訳してください。

長文ですが、どなたか日本語に翻訳してください。 お願いします。 First,please allow me to introduce my self. i am monica guiao, 22 years old.now let me share a short story of my life. year 2010, it was the year that i finished my studies. on that year i also started to look a job. i am lucky because i was given the opportunity to teach a korean students. it was my first job.in terms of salary it was good but it is not enough in our daily lives so i decided to lokk for another job. until one day someone told me that japan is looking for a machine operator. we all know japan is one of the richest and the most beautiful countries in the world. so, i tried to apply.i am very much lucky because i was selected. november 13,2011, i remembered that day when i left my country to work in japan. it was such a ravishing feeling, thinking that i can reach my dreams. this was also the first time being far away from my family. but why should i stay away from my family. my goal is to earn money to give a better future for my family and in order to send my niece to school. It has already been 10months since we came here in japan. so, i realized that as a foreigner trainee in a japanese company, it is very important to learn their culture, and business practices and etiquettes.about the language, very few japanese can understand english. so, i realized that i really need to study to learn japanee language, to be able to communicate much easier with the japanese people. for me if you want to survive here, learn japanese. but i can say that with the help of takasaki san we learned a lot. About the japanese foods, for me all the japanese foods are delicious, especilly ramen. For now what i really want to do while in japan is to embrace and adopt the displine that the japanese so effortlessly display. It amazes me how naturally it comes to them, and I believe that this firmly rooted trait of the japanese is one of the key reasons to their progressive country. for the end of this presentation I would like to say thank you to all of you. thank you for trusting me to work here in taiyo yuden japan. I will assure that you will not repent that you chose me to work here in japan. once again thank you very much..