• ベストアンサー

validate her feelings

Mercury needs a best friend, and I can’t be that friend to her. I can’t sit and listen to all her problems and validate her feelings. validate her feelingsはどう訳したら良いでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• corta
  • お礼率76% (4131/5367)
  • 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数3

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • cbm51901
  • ベストアンサー率67% (2671/3943)
回答No.1

"validate her feelings" 「彼女の感情が理に適っているか聞きただす。」

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

その他の回答 (2)

• bakansky
  • ベストアンサー率48% (3502/7245)
回答No.3

失礼。#2 の回答に出した辞書サイトの URL を間違えました。正しくは  https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/validate の方です。ただし、#2 に出した URL の辞書の方にも  to make something officially acceptable or approved とありますから、「同意する」 「同調する」 という意味合いが取れます。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

• bakansky
  • ベストアンサー率48% (3502/7245)
回答No.2

下記の辞書で validate という語の定義を見ると  to support or corroborate on a sound or authoritative basis というのがありました。音楽などで コラボ というのがありますが、「同調する」 に近いものと思われます。相手の言うことを サポート すると見ても、「そうよねぇ、確かにそうだわ。あなたの言うとおりよ」 と 「気持ちを合わせる」 態度・行為と取れます。 すると、お示しの文の場合、たとえば 「マーキュリーには、誰か話を聞いてやる役目の人間が必要だ。だけど、わたしには無理。わたしには、彼女の話をじっくりと聞いてやって、彼女の気持ちに寄り添うようにするなんてことができそうにない」 ということを述べていると読めます。

参考URL:
http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/validate
corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

関連するQ&A

• flew her out

My father began dating four years after my mother passed away from a terrible bout with cancer. He and I have always been close; in fact, I have always considered him to be one of my best friends. But since he started dating he has changed. I just traveled across the country for a family funeral and discovered that he has a new love in his life, and that he flew her out to see all of our extended family. My dying grandmother got to meet her, but I didn't even know her name! flew her outはどのような意味でしょうか?あと、got toはcouldに置き換えられるでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• brought her on trips

My friend had a bad breakup last year and needed a place to stay, so I took her in, loaned her money, brought her on trips, broughtの代わりにtookでも良いでしょうか?なにか違いはあるでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• her mothers friends?

大学受験用の参考書「英文解釈の技術100」の演習94番で分からないところがあるので教えてください。 問題の文章の一部ですが、Ever since her childhood she had been hearing her mother and her mothers friends talking of the new woman and the new woman's right to live her life as she chose. とあります。ここで、「母親の友人たち」と問題の解答で訳されている部分がher mother's friendsでなくて、her mothers friends となっている理由が分かりません。 宜しくご指導お願いいたします。

• called her out on it

I've been with "Betty" for 20 years. Last week, a repairman came to fix the phone line. On his way out, Betty followed him and said in a sexy voice, "I like bald-headed men. You come back." Betty didn't know I overheard what she said until I walked in after she had picked up the phone to call her girlfriend. She then told the woman that it probably hurt my feelings. She's right. It hurt my feelings and made me realize she really didn't care one whit about me. When I called her out on it, she claimed she was just being friendly. called her out on itはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• acknowledge her

One of my co-workers constantly interrupts when I'm having a conversation with other people. It doesn't seem to matter who I am speaking with or what the subject is. She'll interrupt in the middle of the conversation, and everyone must stop and look at her or acknowledge her. ここでのacknowledge herはどう訳したらよいでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• loomed over her

Recently, my daughter “Sarah” and her best friend, “Lauren,” were playing outside. Lauren’s mom, “Kerry,” and I have become good friends, so she was over as well. Kerry is white, and Lauren’s father is black. While the girls were playing together and I was inside, Sarah apparently cracked her jump rope at Lauren and called her “my ——.” Kerry flew into a fury. She took Sarah’s jump rope, loomed over her, and read her the riot act. loomed over herはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• in her honor

I work in a small office (fewer than 20 employees), staffed entirely by women. This is usually a good thing, and we get along well and support one another. There is one employee, “June,” who has been with the company for three to four years, and who recently announced she is leaving to pursue an opportunity with another company. We congratulated her individually on her new opportunity, signed a group card each reiterating a similar message, and had a catered farewell lunch in her honor. After the lunch, another employee found June crying in her office. Apparently, June was upset that we hadn’t given her a parting gift in recognition of her time with the company. Now two employees are asking everyone to contribute toward a gift for June because of how upset she was. I have been at the company for 10 years, and to my knowledge, it is not standard practice for us to give gifts to departing employees unless they are retiring—which June is not. I don’t feel inclined to contribute toward a gift for a grown woman who threw a tantrum because she wasn’t offered a present. But if I don’t, I look like a “bad guy” to my colleagues who I have to continue to work with. Can I draw a line in the sand and opt out of a collective gift? in her honorとcollective giftの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• よろしくお願いします

My mother is in her mid-60s and I think she still looks pretty great for her age. However, I’m beginning to suspect that she doesn’t know how to properly deal with her aging skin. It’s the only explanation I can think of for why she’s begun adding more and more dramatic makeup over the past several years. She applies a thick line of black eyeliner under her eyes, well below where most women apply it. She also pastes on thick foundation and uses very dark lipstick. All of this makeup does nothing for her and I think she looks quite beautiful without it. My husband has noticed how heavy her makeup is as well. I would love to buy her a makeover so that maybe an experienced makeup artist could show her how to apply a softer look that works with her skin. But she’s extremely sensitive and I can’t think of a single way to tell her she needs to dial back the makeup without hurting her feelings. Is there a delicate way I can offer to buy her a makeover? buy her a makeoverとdial back the makeupの意味をおしえてください。よろしくお願いします

• wired her the money

I am a struggling student who works full time. My sister called begging me for $500 for rent and that she was on the verge of being kicked out. I stupidly wired her the money. It was a lie. Her idiotic dog got out (again) and hit by a car and needed medical attention and she posted about it on social media. I called her on it, and she confessed, saying I wouldn’t give her the money otherwise. The money I sent her was all my savings, my grocery money for two weeks, and leftover birthday money. I lost it. I screamed at her and called a selfish little bitch. She cared more about this stupid dog than her own sister. I am barely keeping my own head above water as is. wired her the moneyの意味を簡単に説明してください。あと、I am barely keeping my own head above water as is. の意味も教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• parse

(相談投稿) Hi Carolyn: My friend's boyfriend passed away last week and the funeral is tomorrow. My friend told her roommate that she didn't want her friends going to the funeral if they were going just for her, and I'm torn on whether to go. Although I liked her boyfriend and considered him a friend, my connection to him was through her and I would mostly go to support her. I want to respect her wishes, but I'm also worried that not going is the wrong thing, and that she will look back and be upset I wasn't there. The service is being held six hours away from me, so I've got to figure it out today. -- To Go or Not to Go Maybe it's just me, but I find "her wishes" almost impossible to parse. parseは「理解する」くらいで良いでしょうか?よろしくお願いします