英文について

このQ&Aのポイント
  • 「ー」の役割や意味について質問しています。
  • 文章から要約すると、アメリカがドイツの降伏後にソ連へのレンドリース法を遮断したことが明らかになった。しかし、その遮断は日本との戦争に直接関係がない場合に限られる。
  • 質問の要点は「ー」の使われ方についてである。特に、lend-lease、surrendered and、confrontation-Ameica、Truman-Molotovといった箇所での「ー」の役割を知りたい。
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

英文について

On May 11, two days after Germany surrenderedーand two weeks after the Truman-Molotov confrontationーAmerica had abruptly terminated all lend-lease shipments to the Soviet Union that were not directly related to the war against Japan. 以上のような英文がありました。 今回お聞きしたいのは「ー」についてです。 lend-leaseの-は武器貸与(政策)(レンドリース法)で、一つの単語的な役割を果たしていますよね? 長さ的にはsurrenderedーand とconfrontationーAmericaのーの長さは同じで、Truman-Molotovは中間の長さです。 ここで使われているーはどのような役割があるのでしょうか? ()的なことかな?と思ったらたまにーのみで出てくることがあります。(一文に一つだけ) (訳としては「トルーマンとモロトフ対立から2週間後の5月11日に、ドイツは降伏した。そして、アメリカはソ連へのレンドリース法をすべて遮断したが、それは日本との戦争に直接関係していなかった。」 「ー」の役割がわからないまま、とりあえず訳してみました。)

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Nakay702
  • ベストアンサー率80% (9726/12098)
回答No.1

>On May 11, two days after Germany surrenderedーand two weeks after the Truman-Molotov confrontationーAmerica had abruptly terminated all lend-lease shipments to the Soviet Union that were not directly related to the war against Japan. >(訳としては「トルーマンとモロトフ対立から2週間後の5月11日に、ドイツは降伏した。そして、アメリカはソ連へのレンドリース法をすべて遮断したが、それは日本との戦争に直接関係していなかった。」 ⇒以下のとおりお答えします。 訳文添削: 「ドイツ降伏の2日後にして、トルーマン-モロトフ対立から2週間後の5月11日に、アメリカはソ連へのレンド・リース法(武器貸与法)を突然すべて打ち切ったが、それは日本との戦争には直接関係していなかった。」 誤訳部分の確認: 「ドイツ降伏の2日後=トルーマン-モロトフ対立から2週間後=5月11日」ですが、この部分に勘違いがあるようです。 記号の用法説明: ーand ... confrontationーAmerica ...は、and ... confrontation部分の挿入を示す。 Truman-Molotovの-は、versusの代用を示す(T対M)。 lend-leaseは、「小区切り+連結」関係を示す。

topsakura_8520
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございます。 詳しく説明していただき大変分かりやすかったです。 とても参考になりました!!

関連するQ&A

• 以下の英文を訳して下さい。

The Germans offered surrender terms, which were rejected by Botha and the war continued. On 12 May Botha declared martial law and divided his forces into four contingents, which cut off German forces in the interior from the coastal regions of Kunene and Kaokoveld and fanned out into the north-east. Lukin went along the railway line from Swakopmund to Tsumeb. The other two columns rapidly advanced on the right flank, Myburgh to Otavi junction and Manie Botha to Tsumeb and the terminus of the railway. German forces in the north-west fought the Battle of Otavi on 1 July but were defeated and surrendered at Khorab on 9 July 1915. In the south, Smuts landed at the South West African naval base at Luderitzbucht, then advanced inland and captured Keetmanshoop on 20 May. The South Africans linked with two columns which had advanced over the border from South Africa. Smuts advanced north along the railway line to Berseba and on 26 May, after two days' fighting captured Gibeon. The Germans in the south were forced to retreat northwards towards Windhuk and Botha's force. On 9 July the German forces in the south surrendered.

• 至急この英文をやくしていただけますか!?

Although the magazine focuses on exotic differences,at many points there appear to be only two worlds―the traditional and the modern;the world before "the West"and its technological and sosial progress cam to "the rest"and the world after.

• この英文であってますか?

この英文があっているか教えていただきたいのですが? 「いろいろよく考えた結果、私はアメリカには戻らないことにしました。 きっとこれが私にとって一番いい選択なのだと思います。私はここで私の夢とキャリアを追いかけることにします。」 「After much consideration (あるいはafter careful thought), I elected to not to stay in America. I suppose that this is good choice for me. I pusuit my dream and career here.」 詳しいかた、お願いいたします。

• 英文翻訳をお願いいたします。

Eventually, his men faced starvation due to a lack of supplies and the remaining garrison including Fahreddin Pasha surrendered on 10 January 1919. Abdullah I of Jordan and his troops entered Medina on 13 January 1919. After the surrender, the Arab troops looted the city for 12 days. Overall 4,850 houses which were locked and put under seal by Fahreddin Pasha were opened forcefully and looted. About 8,000 (519 officers and 7,545 soldiers) men of the Turkish garrison were evacuated to Egypt after their surrender. Besides the evacuated some died of disease and others dispersed on their own to various areas. The weapons and ammunition of the garrison were left to the besiegers.

• なでしこ関連の英文で分からないセンテンスがあります

次のafter getting the better of two defendersの意味を教えてください。 ネットでワールドカップの記事を読んでいるのですが、 ピントこないものがありました。次の文の中の、 after getting the better of two defenders です。 The match continued in an open fashion and at a high tempo following the recommencement. Morgan carved out the first opening of extra time only to be askew after getting the better of two defenders. 大体の意味はわかるのですが、 最後の所の”after getting the better of two defenders” がピント来ません。 after getting the better of two defenders はどう言う意味なのでしょうか? 教えてください。

• 英文で分からないところがあるので教えてください。

質問1:私は、ペンパルの英文をこのように訳したのですがあっていますか? (I wanted to ask, did Hayao Miyazaki also animate a cartoon called "the Last Union"?) 「私は、 宮崎はやおは、「最終監督」と呼ばれる人物であり、彼は漫画を動画にしたのですか?」 質問2:1と2と4~6の英文が正しいかどうか教えてください。3の日本語の文章をどのように英文にすればいいのか分からないので教えてください。 1.手紙やあなたの写真やイーメールやすてきな写真や2羽のイースターひよこを送ってくれてありがとうございます。それとtwo Easter chicksは、かわいいですね。日本ではEasterを祝いません。 (Thank you four your letter, your picture, e-mail(Smile), nice photos and two Easter chicks. Two Easter chicks are very pretty. Well, we don’t celebrate Easter in Japan.) 2.Easterについて話してくれませんか? (Could you tell me about Easter in England?) 3.Smileの詩は、とてもおもしろいですね。あなたからのイーメールで初めてあなたがアメリカへ言ったことを知りました。あなたがアメリカに行って楽しんだと聞いて嬉しいです。あなたのアメリカの写真を見てアメリカに行きたくなりました。 4.私は、まだアメリカには、行ったことがありません。 (I have never been U.S.A.) 5.それとニューヨークに行ってみたいです。私のペンパルが住んでいるからです。 (I’d like to go to N.Y. Because my pen friend lives there.) 6.もう一度イングランドに行きたいです。そしてあなたに会いたいです。 ( I’d like to go to England agein. And I’d like to meet you someday.)

• 英文を日本語に直そうとしています

英文を日本語に直そうとしています 下記の文章の*マークから.までの翻訳が上手くいきません そこだけでいいので教えて下さい ちなみにこれは本来図があるのですが、載せることができないので御容赦ください 私の訳はこうです 問題はシンプルに聞こえますがあなたはいくつか進む前に可能なパスをやりたがっているのかもしれません going any further が特に上手く訳せないんです The Prussian city of Konigsberg (called Kaliningrad during the era of the Soviet Union) lies on the Pregel river. It consists of the two river banks A and C, and two islands B and D. Seven bridges connect the four land areas of the city. Residents of the city used to take evening walks from one part of the city to another. This, naturally, suggested the following question: Is it possible to walk through the city, traversing each bridge exactly once? *The problem sounds simple, and you might want to try a few possible paths before going any further. After all, by the multiplication principle, the maximum number of possible paths is 7! = 5040.

• 英文を訳して下さい。

Ottoman officials informed the German government that the country needed time to prepare for conflict. Germany provided financial aid and weapons shipments to the Ottoman Empire. After pressure escalated from the German government demanding that the Ottoman Empire fulfill its treaty obligations, or else Germany would expel the country from the alliance and terminate economic and military assistance, the Ottoman government entered the war with the recently acquired cruisers from Germany, the Yavuz Sultan Selim (formerly SMS Goeben) and the Midilli (formerly SMS Breslau) launching a naval raid on the Russian port of Odessa, thus engaging in a military action in accordance with its alliance obligations with Germany.

• 英文を訳して下さい。

In 1908 Moltke began to alter the plans for operations on the left wing of the German armies to face France and allocated the XIV Corps for the protection of Upper Alsace and several Landwehr brigades for the security of the Upper Rhine. Subsequent plans added forces to the region and by 1909 the 7th Army had three corps and a reserve corps, with two corps from Wissembourg to Saverne and Strasbourg, one corps on the left of the Rhine from Colmar to Mulhouse and the reserve corps on the right bank of the Rhine. The 6th Army was to assemble between Metz and Sarrebourg in Lorraine, which massed eight corps on the left wing, which with fortress garrisons and Landwehr troops, changed the ratio of forces between the left and right wings from 7:1 to 3:1. Moltke added forces to the left wing after concluding that a French offensive into Alsace and Lorraine and particularly from Belfort had become certain. The 7th Army was to defeat an offensive in Alsace and cooperate with the 6th Army to defeat an offensive in Lorraine. After 1910, the 7th Army was to attack with the 6th Army, towards the Moselle below Frouard and the Meurthe; provision was also made for the movement of troops to the right wing of the German armies, by reserving trains and wagons in the region.

• 英文を日本語訳して下さい。

On the left flank, fire from Quadrangle Alley stopped the advance and contact with the rear was lost, amidst the tangle of undergrowth and fallen trees. The barrage was eventually brought back and two battalions of the 115th Brigade were sent forward as reinforcements. The Hammerhead fell after a Stokes mortar bombardment and a German battalion headquarters was captured around 2:30 p.m., after which the German defence began to collapse. More British reinforcements arrived and attacks by the 50th Brigade of the 17th Division on the left flank, helped capture Wood Support Trench. The advance resumed at 4:30 p.m. and after two hours, reached the northern fringe of the wood. Attempts to advance further were stopped by machine-gun fire and a defensive line 200 yards (180 m) inside the wood was dug.