Stupid Driver Causes Serious Injuries: Drive Safely!

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Learn about the correct usage of 'because' with the present perfect tense and understand the difference in nuance between 'I've been' and 'I was' till today.
  • A person shares their experience of being hospitalized due to injuries caused by a reckless driver and emphasizes the importance of driving safely.
  • Find out if using the present perfect tense with 'because' and 'till today' is correct and explore the differences in meaning between 'I've been' and 'I was' till today.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

以下の英文についてお尋ねします。FB Tra

Sorry for not having updated my face book for a long time. It's because I've been hospitalized for treating my injuries all over my body caused by a stupid driver's reckless driving till today. Be sure drive safely,otherwise,you guys should end up in hospital like I did.. 現在完了がbecauseに使われtill todayとありますが、用法として正しいのでしょうか? また、It's because I was~ till todayとすると、本文の現在完了とのニュアンスの違いはどうなるのでしょうか? 宜しくお願いいたします。

• 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数4

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • 92128bwsd
  • ベストアンサー率58% (2275/3919)
回答No.2

> 現在完了がbecauseに使われtill todayとありますが、用法として正しいのでしょうか? 正しいです。 完了形と言うのはどんな場合でもある一定の期間の時間の幅と言うか厚みを意味に含みます。このケースの場合、まずnot having updated my facebook とある一定期間facebookをアップデートしていなかったことをわびているわけで、するとそれとセットで相当する期間アップデートできる状況じゃなかったことを言う必要があります。そうすると完了形が自然で正しい表現になります。 > また、It's because I was~ till todayとすると、本文の現在完了とのニュアンスの違いはどうなるのでしょうか? 上の説明のように、not having updated と対のhave been hospitalizedなので、was hospitalized だとバランスが崩れます。ある期間入院していたのでアップデートできなかったと言うよりは、病院の行ったので、アップデートできなかったと言う意味になり、例えば3日間もアップデートしていない言い訳にはなりません。また完了形の様に時間の幅があるから till today (今日まで)が使えますが、過去形だと時間の幅が無いのでtill todayは使えません。単に todayとかyesterday とか。

konan3939
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます!

その他の回答 (2)

• Nakay702
  • ベストアンサー率80% (9728/12102)
回答No.3

「バカな運転手クン」の車の助手席にでも座っていたんでしょうか。交通事故で全身にケガをして、入院していたんですね。 >現在完了がbecauseに使われtill todayとありますが、用法として正しいのでしょうか? ⇒はい、正しいです。この文章、全体的に正しい、素晴らしい文章だと思います。 >また、It's because I was~ till todayとすると、本文の現在完了とのニュアンスの違いはどうなるのでしょうか? ⇒大差はないと思いますが、It's because I was~ till todayだと、「今日まで(入院)していたからですよ」という感じですね。 ただ、細かいことを言うと、過去形は「単なる過去の事実」を述べるだけで、必ずしも「今」とはつながりませんので、till todayとはしっくり合わないかも知れません。この場合はむしろ、例えば、for a weekなどの方がぴったりするでしょうね。 それに対して、本文のような、It's because I've been hospitalized ~ till todayでは、「今日の今日まで入院していて、たった今退院したばかりだからなんですよ」といったニュアンスが伝わってくる感じです。(臨場感というか本人の息遣いまで感じられるようです。)

konan3939
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。

• SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

1。現在完了がbecauseに使われtill todayとありますが、用法として正しいのでしょうか?  はい、正しいです。 2。また、It's because I was~ till todayとすると、本文の現在完了とのニュアンスの違いはどうなるのでしょうか?  同じ時の相(更新しなかったという「継続」と、入院していたという「継続」)ですから、同じ現在完了で表しているので、違いがないのが当然だと思います。

関連するQ&A

• 以下の英文の誤り

1.I have been waiting for her for about an hour, but she hasn't turned up yet. I'll wait till she will come. 2.I got very tired last Sunday, because I spent the whole day to help my help my friend move into his new apartment. 3.Would you please hand this note to whoever comes to see me while my absence? 訳をしてなぜそうなるのか説明もお願いします。

• 以下の英文を和訳して頂けないでしょうか?

I REALIZED THAT IT HAVE BEEN 10 YEARS FROM TODAY THAT I`VE CAME BACK TO DISNEY FROM NBCUNIVERSAL WHEN DISNEY TRADED ESPN SPORTSCENTER, AL MICHAELS FOR ME.TODAY IS MY 10TH ANNIVERSARY OF MY RETURN TO DISNEY.

• 英文添削をお願いします。

英文添削をお願いします。 28th September ‘10 I considered to make good use of an unused ground today. This work is enjoyable for me, but I think whether it is necessary for our project or not. And I have a question whether all of my bosses have same aim or not. I think it’s not important for me whether the plan will be used or not, it’s important to make my bosses understand my aim. But I am worried whether it makes them change their though or not.

• この英文ではつたわりませんか?

この英語理解できる範囲にありますでしょうか・・・・すみません英語苦手で・・・これは私が書いて送ったものなんですが、理解しょうとしてくれれば何とかつたわりますか?間違えなど気づきましたら教えてください お願いします。(ちょっと訳合って大文字になってしまいましたがお願いします) THANK YOU FOR YOUR EMAIL. I'M VERY GLAD TO TALK WITH YOU. YES I LIKE SNOWBORDING. BUT I'M NOT GOOD AT SKATING... WELL, ARE YOU JAPANESE? BECAUSE YOUR NAME IS JAPANES NAME ........ NOW, WHERE ARE YOU LIVE? I LIVE IN SHINAGAWA, DO YOU KNOW SHINAGAWA? OH, I FINISHED FOR WORK RIGHT NOW, IT WAS EASY DAY:) I HOPE TO HEAR FROM YOU AGAIN. THANKS FOR READING という文と、 NOW,IM SEEING TO MY PAGE BY CELL PHONE. TODAY, IM GOING TO STUDIO WITH FRIEND. BECAUSE MY FRIEND TEACH ME GUITAR TODAY. IT FIRST TIME THAT I GO TO STUDIO. WHAT ARE YOUR PLANS FOR THE FRIDAY? I ANSWER YOUR QUESTION. MY GOAL IS... I GET FLUENT ENGLISH AND I TALK ABOUT VARIOUS THINGS WITH PEOPLE OVER THE WORLD. AND I LEARNING MORE GUITAR. です。よろしくお願いします

• 英文の添削希望。よろしくお願い致します。

"5年間病気で働けない" It's been 5 years since I couldn't worked because of health. I couldn't have worked for 5 years because of health. I couldn't have been working for 5 years because of health

• 不自然な英文e-mail(間違いをおしえてください)

こんにちは。 先日、自分自身で英文e-mailを書きました。しかし、表現が不自然だと思うところがとても多くありました。どうか、このe-mailの表現を添削することを通じて不自然な表現の訂正をお願いします!(気になったところだけで結構です!) 引用: Dear ○○○, Hi, I am in Katmandu now. It's second day for me here. This is very good city to pass time, so that I am always strolling in the city and reading some books in the small cafe restaurant (astonishingly there are many pretty good restrant to pass time^^). But Seeing past my shoulder to the days before here, it makes me a little shiver..It was beyond my imagination, actually, I have never imagined this travel had been this hard way... In fact, I struggled to this small city... Sufferings Detail: 1. Because of High fever(38 Celcius), no appitite(vomition), water-like something and loose emotion, I was hospitalized for two days in DELHI. When I arrived there, it's even difficult for me to walk! I was said 45 kg. 10 kg lesser than my ordinary weight! It was terrible expression. It was 7th day in India. I couldn't eat any solid meals for 5 days! (...to be continued.)

• フランス人から届いた英文の翻訳(英→日)おねがいします。短い英文だと思

フランス人から届いた英文の翻訳(英→日)おねがいします。短い英文だと思いますので宜しくおねがいします。 I wanted to know if you can post the bag to Sigrid Michardire and no Eugnie (me), this is my mother and we live together. It's just because i will go to Paris for one month, and I'm afraid missing the package ! My mother stays home !

• 英文を見ていただきたいのです。

Today we(we mean I and my husband)had a plan that play golf.But yesterday I checked the weather of pin-poit about the golf course,then I knew today was rainy day.So we canceled a reservation. ど~ぉも”then I knew today was rainy day.”この文章がおかしいと思うのですが。今日は今のことだし.....でも昨日のこと話してるし....まだまだ、よく解っていません、時制の一致とか完了型とか。上の文章を見ていただきたいのです、よろしくお願いいたします。

• 英文添削をお願いします。

英文添削をお願いします。 29th September ‘10 Today, I worked in a relax mood, because my boss took a day off today. After working, I went out to drink with my friend of junior high school days. He is my best friend, so I could enjoy from the bottom of my heart. Especially when I lost my confidence now, this drink made me smooth over my hut feelings. I remembered that someone said , ‘If you drink, you should drink old alcohol. If you read a book, you should read old book. If you talk, you should talk with old friend.’ I thought I had a good day today.

• 和訳を教えてください

Q. Headphone quandary: Just about everyone in my office has their headphones on all day. It’s entry-level and production oriented, so we can safely ignore each other. I wear mine sporadically, because I find them uncomfortable and distracting. It’s entry-level and production oriented,の和訳を教えてください。よろしくお願いします