• ベストアンサー

She used a little bit of

She used a little bit of psychology in order to get the kids into the car. という例文の、ofとintoの働きを教えてください。

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • bakansky
  • ベストアンサー率48% (3502/7245)
回答No.2

a little bit of ... はそのカタマリで1つの表現。「少し」 という量を表す。 a little bit of ... を省いてみると She used psychology ... (彼女は心理学を使った) だし、省かなければ 「彼女はちょっとした心理学を使った (応用した)」 といった感じの文になります。 into X は、X の外から X の中に入るイメージ。get A into X だと 「A を X の中に入れる」 だから、get the kids into the car だと 「そのこどもたちを車に乗り込ませる」 ということを表しているということになります。

10330SS
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございました。非常にわかり易かったです。

その他の回答 (1)

• 92128bwsd
  • ベストアンサー率58% (2275/3919)
回答No.1

それぞれ特にややこしくないですよ。 a little bit of psychology は「心理学の中のほんの少し」つまり「ちょっとした心理学」 a little bit はpsychology 全体の中に所属している本のごく一部。つまり所属を表す所有格です。 into the carのintoは物事が起こる方向を表す前置詞で、何かの中に向かっていることを表すので、まさに「車の中に(へ)」。 get the kids は、子どもたちを持つ。全体では子どもたちを持ってそれを車の中に入れる動作のイメージ。実際には物理的に子供をひっつかんで車に入れるわけではなく、前に「心理学」と言っているので、子どもたちをコントロールして車に入らせると言うような意味になります。

10330SS
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございました。理解することができました。

関連するQ&A

• 英語表現。a bit of

NHKラジオ英会話の6月号テキストの中に、次の表現があります: 1)It takes some getting used to.(慣れるまでに少しかかります) 2)It takes a bit of getting used to.(慣れるまでにちょっとかかります) 2)の中で、a bit of の使い方に疑問があります。このような使い方があるのでしょうか? It takes a bit getting used to. なら分かるのですが。。。 どなたか教えて頂ければ幸いです。

• little of の使い方についての質問です。

little ofの使い方についての質問です。 PROGRESSIVEという辞書によると littleには、形容詞・副詞・名詞があり、名詞のところに以下のような記載があります。 ☆I understood only a little of his speech 彼の話はほんの少ししかわからなかった。 (× I understood little of his speech のように little を単独には通例用いない) と書いてあるのですが、 ☆Little remains to be said. 言い残したことはもうほとんどない。 という例文や ☆I’ve seen little of her lately という例文が載っています。 以上のことが矛盾しているようでよくわかりません。 また以下の括弧内にはどのような語句を入れるのがいいのでしょうか? I am very busy today. So I have ( ) time to talk about the plan. 何卒宜しくお願いいたします。

• get used to

be used to や use to の使い方はわかりますが、 get used to の使い方と意味がいまいちわかりません。どなたか助けてください。例文もあると助かります。よろしくおねがいします。

• a little と little 使い方

I will be there in few seconds.すぐ行くから。  He seems he needs few more hour to calm down. 彼は落ち着くのにもう少し時間がかかりそうだね。 I saw him little while ago.少し前に(さっき)彼を見たけど。  Step back just bit more.もう少しだけ下がって。  You look little weird.君、なんかちょっと変だよ。  Add few more scoop of sugar, please.もう少し砂糖を足してください。  You did little too much.ちょっとやりすぎたね、君。 上の文はある解説の中にあった文です。これらの「little」 「few」 の前に「a」をつけないといけないと思うのですが、もしかしたらこれでいいのか、解説をお願いします。

• get used to

get used to   ~に慣れるですよね。 日本の生活に慣れましたか、はこれでいいのでしょうか、 単純な質問ですみませんが、教えてください。 Did you get used to living of Japan?

• ...has a little more the meaning of ...

8月1日(および2日)のNHKラジオ『ビジネス英会話』のヴィニエットに、 Risky behavior with mobile phones isn’t peculiar to drivers and pedestrians on the move.  という台詞がありました。この “peculiar” の解説をアシスタントの米国人女性が次のようにしていました。 “Peculiar” is sort of an interesting word. You can use it to mean “strange” or “unusual.” In this case it has a little more the meaning of “restricted to” or “exclusive to.” この第3文にある表現: “a little more …” (ただし、…は「限定辞+名詞」) についてお尋ねいたします。 この表現は googleで "has a little more the" や ”is a little more the” と入力するといくつか用例が得られます。例えば、次の第1文です。 The character of Cage is a little more the product of that era. Although he's not as scary as some of her early "heroes" with their controlling attitudes, he is too overbearing at times. (http://72.14.253.104/search?q=cache:NUU6GEVVLO4J:www.amazon.com/Twist-Fate-Jayne-Krentz/dp/0373772297+%22is+a+little+more+the%22&hl=ja&ct=clnk&cd=15&gl=jpにある”Customer Reviews”の一人目の最後から2つ目の段落) 意味は、この比較表現と文脈から、「ほぼ(おおよそ)…」ぐらいであろうと思います。辞書も少しは引いてみたんですが、ぴったり一致する表現(あるいは例文)を取り上げているものがみつかりませんでした。 この表現はどうもhaveやbeなどの動詞の直後に置かれるように想像します。私には、“no more …” や “more or less …” などの比較表現の一種と考えればいいような気がしています。もし比較表現だとすると、省略されているはずの ”than~” を補えるはずだと考えましたが、上の文脈からするとこの ~の部分には何が入るのかな?、などと気になってきます。 質問をまとめます。 (1)この表現: “a little more …” (ただし、…は「限定辞+名詞」) は例えば『ビジネス』の例文ではどのように考えればよいのでしょうか?もし "than~"を補うとすると~の部分にはどのようなものになるのでしょうか? (2)この表現を含む例文を取りあげて解説してくれている辞書や文法書があればその書名とページなどをお教えください。

• bit busy? little?

メッセージをもらったのですが、訳を見て欲しいのですが、 1 I have been wanting to go to yokohama for christmas time cause i heard it was nice but i never got to go. i heard it was ok there, i guess ill go one day. im just worried about driving cause i cant really read the signs unless they are in hiragana so i dont want to get lost in japan. i hear its easy to get there but also i know of a lot of americans who get lost and spend all day trying to get back home. but anyway im glad to hear from you. 私はクリスマスに横浜へ行きたかった。よかったと聞いたから。でもいけなかった。横浜はよかったと聞いた。 いつかいくつもり。私は車の運転が不安。ひらがなの標識ホントよめないから。日本で免許をなくしたくない。免許取るのは簡単、でも免許をなくしたアメリカ人を知ってる、家へ戻って毎日??? 2 well i know your probably busy but i just wanted to know how your weekend went for you? did u have a good time? あなたはたぶん忙しいよね、でも週末どう過ごしたか聞きたくて。週末は楽しく過ごせた? 3 返事おそくなってごめんなさい。週末は少し忙しかった。ちょっとおそいけど新年のパーティーへいったよ。 Im sorry for late reply, I was bit busy for weekend. I went to the new year party ........ 教えてくださいおねがいします

• Ttribes of sea people were already

Ttribes of sea people were already organized into a sort of confederation in this region, so that the people living at the western end of Shikoku could be brought to Akashi. 海の部族(海人族)がこの地方で、既にある種の同盟を結んでいた。 四国西岸に住む人々が明石までbrought to できるよう brought toがわかりません。ご教示ください。

• Used to の問題

The topics mentioned in the text. A Small Screen, Some Big Changes (文)…..How has TV changed our lives? Before television, people got their news from the newspapers or the radio. For entertainment, they went to the theater to see live shows or music, or they went to the movies. What was TV like in the early days? TV started to become popular in the 1950s. In 1950, there were about 10 million televisions in the US. All the shows were in black and white. There were only one or two channels and they were only on in the afternoons and evenings. How did people watch TAV back then? In the early days of television, the family used to watch TV together because there was usually only one TV at home. The new idea of the “TV dinner” (frozen food that you can just heat up and serve) became popular. In those days, watching TV was a family or social event. People were amazed that they could see live sports in their homes or get the latest news instantly. How has TV changed? In 1954, TV networks started to broadcast in color and by 1970, there were 37 million color sets in the US. Nowadays, TV sets are cheaper. We have 24-hour news and hundreds of channels. TV is no longer amazing. It is an accepted part of our daily lives. (問題)read the text again. How did it use to be? 質問 (For example….) 1. Nowadays people get their news from the TV or the Internet. 答え people used to get their news from the newspaper or the radio. 質問 2. Families often have more than one TV at home now. 答え The family used to watch usually only one TV at home. 質問 3. TV shows are in color today. 答え TV used to watch black and white. 質問 4. Nowadays there are hundreds of channels. 答え TV used to watch only one or two channels. 質問 5. TV shows are on all day and night now. 答え TV show used to watch only on in the afternoons and evenings. 2.~5.の問題の答えに自信がありません。 答え合わせをして下さい。 よろしくお願いします。

• Used to の使い方

【問題】 Complete the sentences. Use the correct forms of used to and the verbs in parentheses. 【例】1. Amelia didn’t use to sing. But she used to dance. (not sing/dance) 2. Emma (not study hard/read a lot) 答…..Emma didn’t use to study hard but she used to read a lot. 3. Eric (not play soccer/swim) 答…..Eric didn’t use to play soccer but he used to swim. 4. Tim and Dan (not ride bikes/go running) 答…..Tim and Dan didn’t use to ride bikes but they used to go running. 5. We (not study chemistry/study biology) 答…..We didn’t use to study chemistry but we used to study biology. 6. My friends (not watch DVDs/go to the movies) 答…..My friends didn’t use to watch DVDs but we used to go to the movies. 2.~5. の答えのチェックをして下さい。よろしくお願いします。