コンビニの昼食とワーキングプア

このQ&Aのポイント
  • コンビニでの昼食や夕食を食べる際、ワーキングプアについて考えましょう。
  • ワーキングプアの人々は、あなたが起きる時間よりも前の早朝に、弁当やサンドイッチを作っています。
  • 彼らの労働に感謝しましょう。
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

短い英文の和訳があるのですが、和訳は正しいですか?

Finally, the next time you eat a prepared lunch or dinner bought in a convenience store, think about the working poor. They probably made your bento or sandwich the same morning before you woke up. 和訳 最後に、次にコンビニで作りおきの昼食や夕食を食べる時、 ワーキングプアについて考えましょう。 彼ら(ワーキングプアの人達)はあなたが起きる時間よりも前の早朝に 弁当やサンドイッチを作ったのだろう。

• 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.3

意味は正しいと思います。少し、滑らかにしてみましたのでご参考に。 1行目「最後に、次に」は、最後と次とが並んでおかしい印象があり、「今後」にしました。2行目は日本語としての主語に並びを変えています。 案 最後に、今度コンビニで作りおきの昼食や夕食を食べる時は、 ワーキングプアについて考えましょう。 その弁当やサンドイッチは、あなたが朝起きるずっと前に彼らがつくったものなのだ。

iwano_aoi
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございました。

その他の回答 (2)

回答No.2

最後に、次にコンビニで買ってきたできあいの昼食や夕食を食べる時、ワーキングプアたちのことを考えてみてください。 彼らはおそらく、その(食べたのと)同じ朝、あなたが起きる前にあなたの弁当なりサンドイッチなりを作ったのであろう。 in a convenience store は過去分詞 bought にかかります。 起きる前だから早朝なんでしょうが...

回答No.1

最後に、あなたが調理済みの昼食を取る、または、夕食がコンビニエンスストアを買いこんだ次のとき、ワーキングプアのことを考えてください。 あなたが起きる前に、彼らは同じ朝あなたの弁当またはサンドイッチを多分作ったでしょう。 なので、当ってると思います。 英文は、yahoo!でやると分かりやすいです。

参考URL:
http://honyaku.yahoo.co.jp/

関連するQ&A

• 短い英文のboughtの訳し方について質問です。

Finally, the next time you eat a prepared lunch or dinner bought in a convenience store, think about the working poor. They probably made your bento or sandwich the same morning before you woke up. という英文を 最後に、次回、あなたが調理済みの昼食を食べたり、または、コンビニエンスストアで夕食を買った時には、ワーキングプアのことを考えてください。 あなたが起きる前の同じ朝に、あなたの弁当またはサンドイッチを多分作っただろうから。 と和訳した場合、boughtはうまく訳せていますか?またこの英文の日本語訳は適切でしょうか?

• 英文と日本語訳があります。和訳は適切ですか?

We have discussed the increase in the number of working poor in Japan who often include freeters. Clearly, they have less money to spend than people with higher paying careers. Although the number of working poor has increased recently, the cost of renting a room has decreased only slightly. This has pushed some of the working poor to find new ways to find a place to sleep. Coincidentally, in the past decade, there are more restaurants and cafes that are open 24 hours a day. This has led to a new type of accommodation for the working poor. Renting a room is too costly for some of the working poor, but they do not want to join the homeless on the street. Instead, they sleep in fast food restaurants or Internet cafes, thus the term “net café refugees.” Here’s the story of a typical one. 和訳 しばしばフリーターを含めた日本のワーキングプアの数の増加について説明してきました。 あきらかに、彼らは高収入をもらう職業の人達よりも使える金額が少ないです。最近になってワーキングプアの数が増加しているにもかかわらず、部屋の賃貸料はほんのわずか減少しているだけです。このことがワーキングプアの一部に寝る為の場所を確保する新しい方法を見つけ出させる要因となっています。 偶然にも過去10年で、24時間オープンのレストランやカフェが増えています。これがワーキングプアの為の新しい宿泊施設へとつながりました。部屋を借りることはワーキングプアの一部の人にとってはとても負担が大きいのですが、彼らは路上のホームレスにはなりたくないのです。そういう人は代わりにファストフードレストランやインターネットカフェで眠るので、「ネットカフェ難民」という言い方をされます。代表的な例を見ていきましょう。

• また別の人の発音

また別の人の発音です。 どこに課題があるでしょうか? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmH1TTyfQgA 読んだ文は以下です。 Bento box lunches are special to Japan. A bento is a lunch that has many dishes. The most typical bento has fish, other meats, rice, pickles, and different kinds of vegetable dishes. Some kids take them to school. Some people take them to work for lunch. People love them. Some busy people buy them at convenient stores and eat them for dinner. You can even buy a bento before taking a train trip.

• 訳をお願いします。

These days, Japanese-style bento are becoming popular among Americans. On the Internet, many bento fans give people a lot of information about bento. Americans traditionally take a simple lunch in a brown bag to school or work. It contains a sandwich, an apple, and potato chips. Some people don't like such bag lunches. To them, a bento is well-balanced, because it has a variety of foods. In its cute box, it also looks unique and charming. So now many Americans are making their own bento.

• 和訳

A year or two ago a college teacher carried out an experiment. He asked his class to eat some biscuits which he had brought to the classroom and which he described as a kind that was soon to be sold in grocery stores. The biscuits were in plain paper boxes without any printing to tell what kind they were. When the students had finished eating,the teacher asked them to write down how they thought the food tasted. Most of the students wrote that they liked the biscuits. They felt that the flavor of the biscuits was interesting and that the public would buy them. The next day the teacher brought the same kind of biscuits to the class again. But this time the boxes were properly labeled. Each box had the words “DOG BISCUITS” printed on it. Some of the students would not even taste the biscuits. Those who tasted thought that they were unpleasant to eat. This experiment shows an important point: People are influenced by words. If someone served you a tasty-looking steak(perhaps garnished with onions or mushrooms),do you think that you would like it? You probably would. However,if someone told you that it was horse,dog,or snake meat,many of you surely would refuse to eat it. Some of you might even feel ill if you did eat it. And why would you feel this way? You would feel this way because of the power of words. The printed and spoken word can actually influences and change your feelings and your behavior. 和訳していただけたら嬉しいです。

• wich?

wich? オランダ人の友達がwhichではなく、よくこのwichを使ってくるのですが、イマイチ意味が分かりません。 調べてもsandwichぐらいしかヒットしなくて。。。 whichの脱字かなぁ、と最初は思っていたのですが、頻繁に使用してくるのでそうでもなさそうです。 それともwich=whichと一般的に広まっているのでしょうか?あるいはオランダ(orイギリス)訛りとかなのでしょうか? どなたかご存知でしたら教えていただきたいです。よろしくお願いします。 以下メールの抜粋と自分なりの適当意訳です。 Wich Dramas do you like? どのドラマが好き? wich you'll probably like. きっとどっちも気に入るよ。 wich I don't really like either. どっちもあまり好きじゃないなぁ。

• 和訳お願いいたします。

和訳お願いいたします。 Oh I quickly show you what I normally eat for breakfast ... muesli with yogurt. It's not what Belgian people usually eat. Normally people eat bread with jam or choco paste or ... ha something very new and very Belgian speculoos paste Do you know viennoiserie? That's what people would have for breakfast on Sunday (or at least when I was young we had this every Sunday). Before I go to work I need to pass by the super market and I can take some pictures. But you probably know it ... in Japan you have many break shops. Ok we'll arrange a nice breakfast for you. Don't worry. Well done with your homework! I guess that we can do all the things you want ... but you made it very easy for me :) Just one thing ... the night view ... we don't have something as roppongi hills or Tokyo tower. We only have but it closes at 6 :( ... so maybe we'll only be able to see night views from Satomi-chan's height. Oh ... I keep forgetting ... ●cm right? Very cute ... I attached a picture of the oil you gave me. I really liked it. But I trust your taste. Actually I'm very happy that we enjoy the same things. Hair dryer ... see that's something I totally didn't realize I didn't have. I can imagine it must be very important to you :) I'll get one ... hotel ●● should be fully equipped ... haha 以上です。ありがとうございます。

• 和訳をお願いします

These people are the extreme edge of Europe's working poor: a growing slice of the population that is slippping through the long-vaunted European social safety net. Many, particularly the young, are trapped in low-paying or temporary jobs that are replacing permanent ones destroyed in the economic downturn. Now, economists, European officials and social monitoring groups are warning that the situation is about to get worse. As European governments respond to the debt crisis by pushing for deep spending cuts to close budget gaps and greater flexibility in their work forces, "the population of working poor will explode," said Jean-Paul Fitoussi, an economics professor at L'Institut d'Etudes Politiques in Paris. To most Europeans, and especially the French, it seems this should not be happening. With generous minimum wage laws and the world's strongest welfare systems, Europeans are accustomed to thinking they are more protected from a phenomenon they associate with the United States and other laissez-faire economies. But the European welfare state, designed to ensure that those without jobs are provided with a basic income, access to health care and subsidized housing, is proving ill prepared to deal with the steady increase in the number of working people who do not make enough to get by. The trend is most alarming in hard-hit countries like Greece and Spain, but it is rising even even in more prosperous nations like France and Germany. "France is a rich country," Mr.Fitoussi said. "But the working poor are living in the same condition as in the 19th century".

• 英文の和訳です。

できるだけ、意訳を避けて訳していただけると助かります。 知らない化学物質の名前などが多く、難しく感じました。あと、人の名前もよく分かりません… スペルのチェックはしましたが、もしも間違っていましたらすみません。 お願いします。  Dr.Michael Liebowitz has found that love is not that spontaneous, mysterious feeling, but is the result of chemical reactions.  Scientists still do not know very much about the chemistry of human emotions; however, they have known for some time that specific chemicals are the cause of feelings and emotions.  Working at New York State Psychiatric Institute, Dr.Liebowitz has identified the chemical that transfers the feeling of love to the brain. This “love chemical” has the formal name phenylethylamine and is a member of the amphetamine family. Amphetamine are chemicals that cause adrenaline to be produced in the body. When your body produces adrenaline you will breathe faster and will feel your heart beat faster. Also, your face may get red and your hands may shake. In other words, you will be acting as if you are in the first stage of falling in love.  In addition, Dr. Liebowitz has found another connection between love and the “love chemical” phenylethylamine. This connection is chocolate, which contains large amounts of the chemical. When observing parents who tended to fall in and out of love rather more often than the average person, he noticed that when a romance ended, these people tended to eat chocolates. Dr. Liebowitz concluded that brokenhearted people, without actually realizing it, eat chocolates to get a similar feeling of being “in love”. So he or she eats chocolates to increase the body´s level of the love chemical. (Could it be that when we give our loved ones chocolates, we unconsciously expect to increase their levels of the “love chemical”, and consequently their feelings of love?)  It has also been found that love is based in the brain, not in the heart. Dr. J. Money, of John Hopkins University, has found that people who have had certain kinds of brain operations are incapable of experiencing romantic love, although they can experience other emotions. Dr. Money thinks that the day will come when we will be able to fully explain the chemistry of love. 以上です。

• この英文をどなたか和訳してください。

1.“Everything in Japan seems about half the size of things in our society”, runs the typical American refrain. 2.Some scholars define Japanese culture as a ‘compact culture.’ 3.In the chapter, I will show you some evidence for that. 4.Traditional aspects of Japanese culture provide an abundance of examples of compact culture. 5.Bonsai, or an art of creating dwarfed potted trees, is a perfect example.] 6.In Ikebana, which is Japanese flower arranging a vast universe is compactly expressed by an elegant combining of flowers. 7.Even in the layout of a traditional Japanese garden, there is a unique technique of incorporating the outer scenery into a small garden called ‘shakkei.’ 8.Haiku, the shortest poem of a 5-7-5 pattern, also appropriately illustrates a compact culture. 9.Throughout Japan’s history, Japanese eating habits have had a tendency towards compactness. 10.In the Heian period, the dishes eaten by court nobles were gorgeous with several separate trays full of food. 11.Over the course of time, those gorgeous dishes were transformed into a compact lunch box called a ‘makunouchi bento.’ 12.Today, any trip to the local supermarket is a visual feast because this time-honored tradition of delectable delights attracts everyone as they walk by. 13.Elements of a compact culture can also be detected with regards to religious aspects in Japan. 14.A large shrine can be represented by a portable shrine called an ‘omikoshi’. 15.In this way, the same deities can be worshipped at special festivals anywhere outside the shrine. 16.This portable shrine can further be ‘reduced’ (in a sense) to be represented by a small Shinto altar in a traditional Japanese home so that people can pray to the deities anytime at home. 17.And lastly, this altar can be represented by a portable charm called an ‘omamori,’ a definitive example of this unique Japanese compact culture. 18.Learning, you could say, is also related to compact culture