• ベストアンサー

和訳の添削をお願いします(修飾語句について)

We learn from a young age what food communicates in our particular culture or family. この英文を私は「私たちは若い世代から私たちの特定の文化や家族のなかで、食べ物が伝えるものを学ぶ」と訳しましたが、どうやら違ったようで「私たちは”幼いころから”、私たちの~」と訳すのが正解なようです。言われてみればなんとなく納得はいきますが、私の訳はどこで間違っていたのかがよくわかりません。ご教示お願いします。

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数0

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.1

単純に a young age で「若い世代」にはならないということです。 at a young age で「若いころに」 from a young age で「若いころから」 普通なら learn O from A で「A から O を学ぶ」ですが、 O が長くなると learn from A O となります。 この「A から」はおっしゃるような訳でいいのですが、 ここでは a young age ではそういう「若い年齢の人、世代」とはならない、 あくまでも「~時(幼少時など)」という意味でしかありません。

関連するQ&A

• 和訳を教えてください(>_<)

We learn it by heart before going to sleep. We try to connect our dreams with waking life. 上の二つの英文の和訳を教えてください。

• 質問文を和訳していただきたいです。

1. How do you perceive United States culture? How would you define our culture and why? 2. What do you think of behaviors, traditions and beliefs in the US? (Industry, religion, values, etc.) 3. What are some of the good things about US culture? (What do we do that is good?) 4. What are some of the bad things about US culture? (What are some of the harmful things we do? お願いします!

• 次の語句を並べかえて英文を完成させる問題で、

(from / a secret / we / our promise / kept ) our classmates. が、よくわかりません。日本語訳も教えてください。 別の質問ですが、次の文を英文にすると、 「ブラウン一族は石油会社を経営している。」 The Brown family run oil company. で正しいでしょうか?

• 添削をお願いします(長文です)

長文なのですが、添削をお願いします。また、ちょっとした和訳のコツ(?)などを教えていただけるとありがたいですっ。  「I think the answer is that language is more than just a mean of exchanging information. We see the wold around us through the window of our language. It enables us to share the history and culture of our people,and so it helps us find our identity. If we lose our language,we lose something of ourselves. imagine that English has taken the place the Japanese language here in Japan.what happens to your culture and identity? English is useful for communication in many parts of the world,but your mother tangue is an important part of your identity.」  「私は、その答えはちょうど情報伝達の意味で言語が使われていると思います。私たちは、私たちの言語の窓から世界を見ています。それは私たち人間の歴史と文化の伝達を可能にし、それは私たちが、私たちのアイデンティティを発見するのを助けます。もし私たちが言語をなくしたら、私たちは私たちの何もかもをなくします。  日本で日本語が英語に変わることを想像してください。あなたの文化とアイデンティティに何が起こりますか?英語はたくさんの世界の地域での情報の交換に便利です。しかし、母語はあなたのアイデンティティにとって重要なのです。」

• 英文和訳についての質問。

We get used to particular newspapers and magazines and often, after a while, come to take their typical content for granted. 【Some degree of familiarity with a particular paper or magazine is often necessary, if what it has to offer is to come through to us easily. But of course there is a danger, as we get used to the particular way of looking at the world which our favourite paper or magazine embodies, that we shall forget that it is, after all, only one of many possible ways. 】 『特に新聞や雑誌でよく知られた学位の中には、たとえ新聞や雑誌が知らせてくれることによって私たちが簡単に思っても、しばしば必要なものである。しかし、もちろん私たちのお気に入りの新聞や雑誌が具体化する世界を独特な方法で見る事に慣れているので、危険であり、結局、そのことがあらゆる方法の中の1つだけであることを私たちは忘れるだろう。』 【】の中の英文だけで結構です。 この英文の構造、熟語・構文などの解説をよろしくお願いします。

• 英訳の添削お願いします

大学入試の範囲で、少子化で若い労働力が減っている。何かいい方法はないか?というテーマで、自分の意見を述べよとぃう問題です。字数は150字以上の指定です。 英文にするのが苦手なので、日本語もつけておきました。 I think I should accept foreigners more. Especially, we help their life and support languages. 具体的には彼らの生活の補助や言葉のサポートをする。 外国人を受け入れると←英文がかけません we suppose they commits crimes. But indeed we feel demerits, there are merits too. First, we learn the other culture and languages. このlearnは知るという意味でのlearnです Secondly, we can see Japan by their angle. 2つ目にわれわれは外国人の視点で日本をみることができる Because we are able to see goodness of Japan and badness of Japan clearly. Finally,saying a point of demerits, we often will mind them. 最後にデメリットの視点から言うと、われわれは外国人を気にすることが多くなるだろう。 ここの間の文がいまいちどう書けばいいか・・・日本語で表現できますが、英文で簡単にわかりやすくというのが思いつきませんでした。Finalyの後に なぜなら彼らが犯罪を犯す可能性が高くなり、それに伴ってトラブルも増えるからだ。このようなデメリットもあるが、地域の住民との話し合いやサポートすることによって良くなるだろう。 よって少子化の根本的な解決は移民(外国人)によって少しはよくなるだろう。と日本語は思いつきましたが、英文にできませんでした。簡単に日本語で書こうとしてもうまくかけませんでした・・・添削していただけるのなら、簡単にわかりやすくしていただけるとうれしいです。 Therefore I think I should accept them.

• 英文和訳

英語が苦手なもので次の英文を和訳してほしいのです。 what shoud we do about her? Take it easy on her Naomi,she is smart but also young. I don't trust her,she hides something. You are over reacting.

• 英文和訳、お願いします。

◆Swimming develops every part of the body. Proper breathing plays a big role in increasing lung capacity. Stroking and kicking develop the muscles in arms, legs and back. Timing and mental alertness are important, for the good swimmer must take advantage of every opportunity offered. ◆One of our most important duties is to give our guests the best possible service and to satisfy them. Because we serve them well, they come to our restaurants, and spend their money. Our guests keep us in business. In the last analysis, our guests really pay our wages. ◆Since we make daily use of the newspaper, and we base much of our opinion upon what it tells us, we should make efforts to understand it. Unless we know what newspapers are, and how they are made, we shall not know how to tell a good newspaper from a bad one, or whether we should believe any particular piece of information.

• 並び替え

次の英文はどう並び替えればいいですか? 1.私は外国へ旅行するときはいつでも、その土地の言葉で数え方を覚える。 (I/,/abroad/I/whenever/learn/travel) how to count in the local language. 2.それぞれの文化がどんなに異なっていても、私たちはお互いを尊重することができる。 (culture/we/different/,/however/is/each) can respect each other. よろしくお願いします。

• 添削お願いします

次の質問に対する答えを書きました。文法や英語の表現の間違い、文のつながりの悪さなどありましたらご指摘お願いします。 Q1: What do you think about the man’s way of apologizing? (彼女が目の前にいるのにメールで謝るやり方) Answer: I think it’s a good way because we sometimes have a thing we can’t say face to face in spite of wanting to. 「それはいいやり方だと思います。何故なら時々面と向かって言いたいけど言えないことがあるからです。」 Q2: Some people say that cell-phones are indispensable to our lives these days. Do you agree? Answer: Exactly. We, especially young people, keep in touch on each other by cell-phone. If not for cell-phones, we couldn’t communicate with our friends. We would feel alone. I think cell-phones are a very important item. 「全くそのとおりです。特に若い人たちは携帯で連絡を取り合っています。もし携帯がなかったら、友達とコミュニケーションがとれないし、寂しく感じます。携帯は重要な道具です。」 Q3: What do you think about people who stay in a restaurant or a coffee shop for long time. Answer: I don’t think it’s a bad thing because we use a restaurant or a coffee shop to talk with our friends, sometimes to have a small meeting. Those places are necessary, where we can communicate. 「悪いことではないと思います。何故ならレストランやコーヒーショップは友達と話したり、時々小さな会議をもったりするのに使われます。コミュニケーションが取れるような場所は必要です。」 つたない英文、よろしくお願いします。