• ベストアンサー

英文の人生訓

英語の諺集に以下のような一文がありました。意味がわかりかねています。ご教示下さい。(学校とか何かの授業の宿題ではありません^^;) Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except the best.

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • bran111
  • ベストアンサー率49% (512/1037)
回答No.1

あなたの持っている才能を使いなさい。なぜなら最も歌のうまい鳥以外は歌を歌わないなら森は全く静かになってしまうでしょう。 つまり下手でも歌え、2流の才能でも披露してみろ、才能を無駄にするな、トップでなくてもいいじゃないか という意味にとりました。

e-toshi54
質問者

お礼

回答有難うございました。「一番じゃなくてもいいんだ。頑張れ。」ということだったんですね。納得です。 昔、F1レースを見る時、金魚のフンのようについていくだけのドライバーに疑問を感じたものでした。しかし、表彰台に上れなくても、あの舞台で走れるだけでも、奇跡のようにスゴイことだと気がついたのは、随分大人になってからでした。 それにしても森で聞く鳥の声は、全部Bestに聞こえます。「Bestじゃない鳥」がいるという発想が出来なかったのが、上手く解釈できなかった一因でした^^;

関連するQ&A

• ざっくりと和訳をお願いします。

Who would be the very best person or place to send this razor in to be honed for use ?

• この英文なんて訳しますか?

As the Guam Hotel Okura's chefs would note, as there is no winter in Guam to stunt their growth , locally caught fish tend to be larger and have a very low fat content in comparison to those found in ledd temperate waters. すみません!よろしくお願いします。

• 英文見てください

どなたか英文を添削してください。よろしくお願いいたします。 彼女って気さくですごく話しやすい人だと思うけど、何となく距離を置かれてるような気がするときがある。 I think she is friendly and very easy to talk to, but sometimes I can't help but feel she keeps some distance from me for some reason. 趣味を仕事にできるならそれが一番だろうけど、自分の得意なことと好きなことって必ずしも一致しないのではないかと思います。(wouldなどをここで使うべきかどうか自信がありません) It would be best if we could make a living by our hobby, but I think what you are good at does not always agree with what you like to do. 一ヵ月後自分がどこにいるかすらわからない。(evenを入れる場所がよくわかりませんでした。) I have no idea even where I will be two weeks later from now.

• この英文の意味と文法を教えてください!

この英文の意味と文法を教えてください! I would be happy to chat through skype, if your fine with it. I'm not sure how to connect with someone on it, since I barely use it.But i will try my best. Message me back. Bye

• 英文をお訳し願います。

A world of craft production and barter would have little use for the quantifier’s tools, and would be impervious to them. It has been urged that accounts have less to do with representing conditions than with guiding behavior in large firms. This is undoubtedly so, though there is more than a hint here of a false dichotomy. Numbers that have no credibility as truth claims will be less effective also at projecting power and coordinating activity. 上記英文中の,It has been urged that accounts have less to do with representing conditions than with guiding behavior in large firms.をお訳し願います。

• which would be best

どれがベストだろうか I have no idea which would be best. というような例文を見ました。 ここでひっかかったのがbestの部分です。これは"the best"というように冠詞がありません。 冠詞なしの使用については、google検索で2600万件ほど見つかりました。というので、一般的に使われる用法だと思います。 このような例の"冠詞なしのbest"というのは、どういう理由で冠詞がつかないのでしょうか? よろしくお願いいたします。

• 英文を訳して下さい。

The high point of the ridge is at Wytschaete, 7,000 yd (6,400 m) from Ypres, while at Hollebeke the ridge is 4,000 yd (3,700 m) distant and recedes to 7,000 yd (6,400 m) at Polygon Wood. Wytschaete is about 150 ft (46 m) above the plain; on the Ypres–Menin road at Hooge, the elevation is about 100 ft (30 m) and 70 ft (21 m) at Passchendaele. The rises are slight apart from the vicinity of Zonnebeke which has a 1:33 gradient. From Hooge and to the east, the slope is 1:60 and near Hollebeke, it is 1:75; the heights are subtle and resemble a saucer lip around the city. The main ridge has spurs sloping east and one is particularly noticeable at Wytschaete, which runs 2 mi (3.2 km) south-east to Messines (Mesen) with a gentle slope to the east and a 1:10 decline to the west. Further south is the muddy valley of the Douve river, Ploegsteert Wood (Plugstreet to the British) and Hill 63. West of Messines Ridge is the parallel Wulverghem (Spanbroekmolen) Spur and the Oosttaverne Spur, also parallel, lies further east. The general aspect south and east of Ypres is one of low ridges and dips, gradually flattening northwards beyond Passchendaele into a featureless plain. Possession of the higher ground to the south and east of Ypres gives ample scope for ground observation, enfilade fire and converging artillery bombardments. An occupier also has the advantage that artillery deployments and the movement of reinforcements, supplies and stores can be screened from view. The ridge had woods from Wytschaete to Zonnebeke giving good cover, some being of notable size like Polygon Wood and those later named Battle Wood, Shrewsbury Forest and Sanctuary Wood. In 1914, the woods usually had undergrowth but by 1917, artillery bombardments had reduced the woods to tree stumps, shattered tree trunks and barbed wire tangled on the ground and shell-holes; the fields in gaps between the woods were 800–1,000 yd (730–910 m) wide and devoid of cover. Roads in this area were usually unpaved, except for the main ones from Ypres, with occasional villages and houses.

• 和訳お願いします。

The early democracy could thus be called “direct” democracy, where all citizens (except slaves) could, if they wanted, be involved actively in govenment, and where many matters of policy could be decided by referendum, that is, direct voting on particular problems by the entire state. This kind of democracy could never operate in very large states, as there would be too many people involved, and the result would be chaos. よろしくお願いします。

• 私の人生訓のようなものですが

何ほどの事にやあらん 海のほとりで人の嘆くは というのがあります。昔から,知ってる言葉ですが、誰の作かと聞かれました。ご存知の方,教えてください。

• 英文の添削&解説をお願いします!

1)Mary is studying, so you (not/her/had/interrupt/better). →had not better interrupt her 2)(be/lot/used/of/there/a/to) fireflies in Japan. →There used to be a lot of 3)She refused to accept this truth. She could not and [would] not believe that I was mentally and physically handicapped. 1,[Would] you so kindly lend me a hand? 2,He said he [would] arrive by the first train tomorrow morning. 3.No matter how hard we pushed, the door [would] not open. 4,On Sundays he [would] sit for hours doing nothing. 4)I do hope I'm not intruding and I know how busy you [must] be. 1,All living things [must] die. 2,He [must] be tired, because he has been working since eight o'clock this morning. 3,Many people think the ability to understand English is a [must]. 4.You [must] be very careful in driving a car to avoid a traffic accident. 1,2は()内の並べ替え、3,4は[ ]内の助動詞に最も近い意味の助動詞を含む英文を選ぶ問題です。 特に3,4はわかりやすく解説してくださると助かります。 よろしくお願いします。