• ベストアンサー

talk abt openings an offi

「TOEIC TEST DS トレーニング」で次の文章を見掛けました。 As all of you know, we have talked about openings an office on the West Coast. 何故openingsは複数形なのでしょうか?

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Him-hymn
  • ベストアンサー率66% (3489/5257)
回答No.1

これは間違いです。openingでないと英語としておかしいと思います。そのテキストが間違っていると思います。openingsという言い方自体はありますが、この場合、an officeを目的語にとる動詞ですから、sは不要です。

neko_tango
質問者

お礼

Him-hymnさん、いつもご回答ありがとうございます。 an office の様々なopening方法について??等と考え込んでしまいました。 すっきりしました!

関連するQ&A

• as we already know について

as we already know について (1)as we already know (2)as we have already known 違いを教えてください。 どうぞ宜しくお願いします。

• asの基本的な語法がよく分かりません。

初歩的な質問で恐縮なんですけど、僕は関係代名詞のasと接続詞のasの違い(というか使い分け)がなんかよく分かりません。 ●the myths as we have them (我々がもっているこのような神話) ●technology as we know it today (今日我々が知っているところの技術) 上のasは接続詞だと思うんですけど、これを such myths as we have とか such technology as we know today と関係代名詞のasで書き換えてもいいんですか?また意味はどう違うんですか?

• ''an'' 80 % decreas

下記の文中で気になる箇所があったので質問させてください。 80 percent の前にある ''an'' はどいう意味をもっていますか。 As a result, there has been up to an 80 percent decrease in livestock losses and farmers have developed more tolerance for having cheetahs around. --補足-- 【出展】 http://www.voanews.com/english/news/usa/people/-US-Woman-Fights-to-Save-Cheetahs-123739294.html 【前後の文】 Over the past 15 years, CCF has donated more than 400 dogs to Namibian livestock farmers. As a result, there has been up to an 80 percent decrease in livestock losses and farmers have developed more tolerance for having cheetahs around. Since the introduction of the guard dog program, CCF says the population of cheetahs in Namibia has risen from about 1,000 to 1,500, to between 3,500 and 4,000.

• 倒置についておしえてください

Little as we know about his origins, we can at least be sure that he was brought up in Greece. は 倒置を戻すと、As we know little about his origins, ですが 否定の副詞を文頭に持ってきた場合残りの部分は疑問文の語順になったとおもうんででが なぜならないんでしょうか?

• talked right over us

My husband's sister came to visit us recently. From the minute she came in the door, she talked, nonstop, for an hour and 45 minutes. She talked about her life, complained about her husband, talked about her adult children and on and on. She never once asked how we were or what we were up to. The few times my husband or I tried to talk, she talked right over us. she talked right over usはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• line up

I’ve always had an interest in genealogy, and since I already know as much as there is to know about my family, I started looking into my partner’s family. He gave me some names, and for the past few days I’ve been telling him about information I found, and we were both quite excited about this. However, I might have just found out that his mom was previously married. All the facts seem to line up, but I’m not sure what to do with this information. ここでのline upはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• all over the place

We have different strengths. Al's a craftsman, so he is quite pedantic about design, where I'm much more of an artist and all over the place. ここでのall over the placeとはどういうことでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 至急翻訳をお願い致します。

英語がご堪能な方、以下文の翻訳をお願い致します。 WE CAN DO ALL 3 FOR THE STARTING BID £1330.00 AND CHARGE DISCOUNTED CARRIAGE WHICH IS £155.00 THANKS IF THIS IS OK DO LET ME KNOW AS I HAVE AN INQUIRE ABOUT ONE OF THE ●●● BECAUSE YOU ARE REMOTE JAPAN UPS IS CHARGING ME SURCHARGE WHICH I HAVE NOT PASSED ON TO YOU IN ANY OF YOUR PURCHASES AS I SAVE ON EBAY FEES WE COULD GET THEM OFF TOMORROW THANKS 翻訳ソフトを使いましたが、意味がわからなかったので ご堪能な方、ご教示いただけると助かります。 宜しくお願い致します。

• 英訳してください

human beings have taken life about as far as it an go

• 和文英訳です。

訳出お願いします 話題は尽きず、多岐におよんだ。どんな話をしても飽きることがなかった。彼は7歳ほど年上のようだが身なりやちょっとした仕草の端々に品格と知性が感じられる。 自分でも訳してみたので添削or感想もいただけると嬉しいです。 We had a lot of topics to talk and talked about various matters. Whatever we talked about, we weren't bored. Looking his clothes and his behavior, he, who was seven years older than I was, came across as polite and intelligent.