• ベストアンサー

セス・ゴーディンの名言について

“In a crowded marketplace, fitting in is a failure. In a busy marketplace, not standing out is the same as being invisible.” - Seth Godin この名言は日本語に翻訳すると、どのような感じになるでしょうか? わからなくて困ってます・・・ どなたかご存知の方、どうか回答待ってます。(>人<;)

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Al2O3H2O
  • ベストアンサー率65% (15/23)
回答No.1

ご質問の文言の出典は、Godin氏の著書、"Purple Cow" にて提起されたマーケティング方法論の一つに関する記述の抜粋です。この箇所を口語訳しますと: 『競合が盛んな商業分野において、市場動向に適合した商品は失敗作である。また、流動が活発な商業分野においては、市場で異彩を放たない商品は人の瞳に映る意味すら持たず、存在しないのと同等に無価値と言えよう。』 と、なります。 この御方は、至極マットウなご意見を述べる際にもあえて過激な表現を多用される為、上記箇所の日本語訳だけで当為が伝わるのかしら・・・と思い、書棚を探ったところ、幸いにも自宅に原書 "Purple Cow: Transform Your Business by Being Remarkable"が残っていたので、同文言の趣旨にあたる一文のみ補足引用させていただければと存じます。曰く、 Playing it safe is the riskiest strategy of all. (無難な手を打つことこそ、最も失敗リスクの高い戦略であると心得よ。) 以上、ご参考となれば幸いです。

mari_chan0107
質問者

お礼

回答どうもありがとうございました!! とても助かりました(^^)

関連するQ&A

• 準動詞の質問です!

次の問題の(        )に入るのは When I walked past the stadium, I saw a lot of people (       ) in the line. (1)  stands (2)  to stand (3)  standing (4)  being stood (3)  standing で正しいでしょうか? 教えて下さい! 何かの曲のタイトルにもあった気がするのですが・・・。

• rage blackouts

summerの言ったI suffer from rage blackoutsの意味を教えてください Seth : Well, you did agree to take this little trip down to mexico. Summer : I needed a ride. Seth : We shared the same bed. Summer : I wasn't going to sleep on the couch, it smelled like these eggs Seth : You ate my toast, Summer. Summer : I like crusts, Seth. Seth : Face it, our chemistry is undeniable. Summer : You know what else is undeniable? Seth : What? Summer : the pain this fork is going to cause when i jam it into your EYE. Summer : (apologetic smile) I suffer from rage blackouts.

• in case (that) について

in case ~(should)と本にあり、これで例文を作るときには suggestのI suggested to him that he (should )take a rest.のように言いたいことの中身の動詞は原形だと思っていました。 (1)In case the road should be crowded, you should take a train. と作るもんだと思っています。しかし (2)In case the road is crowded, ~.という例文も見つけました。 (1)だと覚えていたので、(3)In case the road be crowded,~なんじゃないの?と思っています。(3)は間違い文ですか? in case (that)の後にくる文はいつもshould(万が一)を入れなくてもいいのですか? またshouldのないin caseの文(2)と(1)を比べて何がちがうのでしょうか?万が一の度合い??? 本にあった 解説のin case ~(should)の (should)の意味は(2)のような文にして、後の文にshouldを入れてもいいよという意味なのでしょうか? 教えてください。

• 日本語に訳してください。よろしくお願いします。

・Having so many different and confusing aspects that it is difficult to understand. ・Being extremely important in the success or failure of something. ・The fact of being more powerful or successful than others.

• being inseparable parts of our existenceの訳

The change from 1800 to today is extraordinary. In 1800, in most places in the world, money was almost invisible. Today it is everywhere. Work existed then as now, but the notion that work is life, and life is work, has practically disappeared. We work in order to earn a living, and we may even dream of a day when we will no longer need to work, so that we will have time to “really live.” Work and life, instead of being inseparable parts of our existence, have become conflicting, almost contradictory notions. この文での、being inseparable parts of our existenceのいい訳が思いつきません。どなたか何かございますか? (「我々が(この世に)存在するためには[我々が生活するためには]、分けられない[切っても切れない]物である)でどうでしょう?

• 分詞構文??

In a crowded train or bus,you notice a vacant seat and go toward it,not totally able to believe your luck. この文について質問なんですが、not totallyと きているのは分詞構文だからでしょうか? 省略されているのはbeingであっていますか??

• 詩の質問です(小学生)

Being alive Being alive, now That is being thirsty That is the glare of the sunlight That is the sudden remembrance of a melody That is sneezing That is holding hands with you Being alive Being alive, now That is a miniskirt That is a planetarium That is Johann Strauss It is Picasso It is the Alps That is meeting everything beautiful and carefully shaking off the evil hidden away in it. Being alive Being alive, now That is being able to cry That is being able to laugh That is being able to be angry That is freedom Being alive Being alive, now That is somewhere out there a dog is barking now That is the earth is spinning now That is somewhere out there is someone's first cries That is somewhere out there a soldier is in pain now That is somewhere out there empty swings sway back and forth now And now, now is gone Being alive Being alive, now That is a bird fluttering its wings That is the waves drifting in and out That is the snail crawling on the ground That is people loving one another The warmth of your hand That is giving me life この詩は谷川俊太郎さんの詩です。 英語が得意な方、poetic devices (simile.. Personificationなどなど…) 探していただけないでしょうか? よろしくお願いします。

• この英文、合ってますか?

翻訳サイトで訳したのですが、いまいち分かりません。 皆様の力をお貸し下さい。 「違う人種で違う宗教で違う意見を持った人間である前に、私達は同じ人間です。」 →before being a human being with the opinion which is different by the religion which is different by the different race, we are the same human beings. 「人が人を殺していい権利なんてどこにもありません」 →There are no people anywhere in the right which may kill people. 「戦争をしていい権利もありません」 →There is also no right which may war. お願いします。

• itが指しているものが分からない

某参考書の例題です To be informed is to know simply that something is a fact. To understand is to konw everything about the fact : why it is a fact, what its connections are with other facts, in what ways it is the same, in what ways it is different; in other words, what the fact means. この文の why it is a fact, what its connections are with other facts, in what ways it is the same, in what ways it is different のitは何を指すのでしょうか?

• 英文の和訳をお願いします

A very fitting beginning to our NETWORK broadcast designed to show you, the viewer, just what a day in the life of a Runner is like. 状況は分かりませんが、記者やリポーターのような人が一般に向けて発言しているのではないかと思います。 よろしくお願いします。

専門家に質問してみよう