Stone Temple Pilots: Core vs Tiny Music [Songs From The Vatican Gift Shop]

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Find out how the album 'Tiny Music [Songs From The Vatican Gift Shop]' took Stone Temple Pilots to new heights in the eyes of music critics.
  • Learn about the experimental nature of the album, including recording the drums on the front lawn.
  • Discover what level of musical experimentation Scott Weiland and The Wildabouts are capable of.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

翻訳をお願い致します!

"Core was our best-selling album, but Tiny Music [...Songs From The Vatican Gift Shop] was the first album that really got music critics on our side as STP," Weiland explains. "On 'Big Bang Baby', the drums were recorded on the front lawn. That was a really experimental album for us." Well, now it's time to see what level of experimentation Weiland and The Wildabouts are able to achieve too.

• tsf12
  • お礼率86% (1168/1348)
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • marbleshit
  • ベストアンサー率49% (5033/10253)
回答No.1

『《コア》は売り上げナンバー1のアルバムだけど、《タイニー・ミュージック》(ヴァチカン土産物屋からの曲)がSTPとして初めて音楽批評の俎上に乗ったアルバムなんだ』 ウェイランドは説明する。 『〈ビッグ・バング・ベイビー〉のドラムは玄関先の芝生の上で録音したんだ。 俺達にとってはかなり実験的なアルバムだったね』 さあ、ウェイランドとワイルダバウツの面々が、一体どんなレベルの実験を達成することが出来るか、 とくと拝見する時期が到来したのである。

tsf12
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます

関連するQ&A

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

Weiland is getting ready to embark on a solo tour where he will perform songs from the first two STONE TEMPLE PILOTS albums, 1992's "Core" and 1994's "Purple". "Originally, it was an idea I came up with for STP for the anniversary of 'Core' to do the 'Core' album in its entirety," Weiland told MLive. "The rest of the guys didn't want to do it. So, it was still something that there was a lot of public interest in. Having that said, the idea was brought up to me through management. I talked to the guys in my solo band, THE WILDABOUTS, and they were totally into it, as were the promoters. It worked out." ※ 『Stone Temple Pilots』『THE WILDABOUTS』はバンド名、『Scott Weiland』は人物名、『Core』『Purple』はアルバム名です。

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

SCOTT WEILAND REFERS TO HIS SOLO BAND AS ‘THE ROCKABOUTS’ Scott Weiland called his solo band ‘The Rockabouts’ at his show in San Francisco on Friday night. The band has been known as the Wildabouts since last year. Scott also referred to them as The Walkabouts though in a recent interview. Weiland also introduced the new special guest Rockabouts drummer, Frank, who was filling in for Danny Thompson who had to take a couple of days off according to Weiland. ※ 『the Wildabouts』はバンド名、『Scott Weiland』『Danny Thompson』は人物名です。

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

Weiland and THE WILDABOUTS will kick off the 20-city trek, dubbed the "Purple At The Core Tour", on March 1 in Flint, Michigan. The singer will stop by several U.S. cities during the run, including New York, Chicago, Cleveland, Cincinnati, Boston, Houston, and Dallas. ※ 『THE WILDABOUTS』はバンド名、『Scott Weiland』は人物名、『Core』『Purple』はアルバム名です。

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

They now move into their ‘Chester Hagarton’ era so to speak. But on the other hand, I think it's fantastic that the DeLeo brothers and Eric Kretz will continue to perform and make music together. When they fired Weiland in February, my greatest fear was that the ‘firing’ was just a parting shot at Weiland and that it was really just a split, and that the DeLeos and Kretz would pack it in and stick to producing. If that had happened and Scott Weiland's Purple at the Core touring was the only thing keeping the STP legacy alive, that would have been very troubling.

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

Scott Weiland is extending his ‘Purple at the Core’ tour dates into the late summer. The rocker, who has been on the road for most of the year with his solo band the Wildabouts, will continue to perform music from Stone Temple Pilots two most successful records — ‘Core’ and ‘Purple.’ His continuing usage of Stone Temple Pilots music in his shows has been a thorn in the side of his former bandmates, who sued Weiland earlier this spring. They claimed that he sabotaged the band's attempts at a 20th anniversary tour in support of the ‘Core’ record and was trying to gain all the glory by scheduling his own dates singing the songs from the record. They also claimed that doing so violated a legal agreement the band had signed about the best interest of the band. ※『Scott Weiland』は人物名、『Stone Temple Pilots』『the Wildabouts』はバンド名、『Core』『Purple』はアルバム名です。

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

looks like all of march is touring with scott weiland and the wildabouts. working on a new album right. sessions are going great ※ 『scott weiland』は人物名です。

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

When I formed the band and created the Wildabouts with my friends, we decided we wanted to make a band-sounding album, a rock-sounding album. I made two solo albums before that were more experimental albums, and I think that they didn't really resonate with my fan base because they were too out-there, too artsy. ※『The Wildabouts』はバンド名です。

• 翻訳をお願いします。

Scott Weiland and the Wildabouts drummer Danny Thompson posted the following on Facebook, “I have just officially QUIT the Scott Weiland Solo Band.. Loved playing with the guys for 7 years but it's a matter of self-worth. Not going to elaborate.” Thompson responded to a fan comment that asked what happened, and he said “The Darkness.” Scott Weiland is currently recording his third solo album and is planning more Purple at the Core shows. Weiland was fired by Stone Temple Pilots in February. ※ 『Scott Weiland』『Danny Thompson』は人物名、『Stone Temple Pilots』『the Wildabouts』 はバンド名です。

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

Scott Weiland praised his solo band the Fuckabouts according to HelloItsLate on BelowEmpty.com at a recent show in New York: “Throughout the night, Scott made a few digs at the guys from STP by saying that the Wildabouts are the best band that he's ever played with. He also said they are the most talented. Later on in the middle of the show, he was telling the audience that it’s very difficult to find good friends throughout life, but the he's lucky that hes got these guys cause they're real friends (something along these lines).” Scarf Weiland and the Scarfabouts are currently on The Purple Scarf tour of the United States. Weiland has been a member of Stone Temple Pilots and Velvet Revolver, who are both inferior to the Wankabouts.

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

Scott Weiland & The Wildabouts are replacing Puddle of Mudd as the headliners of the Utica Music and Arts Festival in Utica, New York on September 14th at Hanna Park. Puddle of Mudd frontman (and April Fools Day Nirvana frontman) Wes Scantlin has had personal problems recently and Puddle of Mudd have canceled several shows. Scantlin was arrested last year for being intoxicated on a flight from Boston to Los Angeles, leading to the plane making an emergency landing. In May Scantlin was arrested on domestic violence charges. Galaxy Events sales manager Carrie Wojtaszek told UticaOD.com, “He's been making the news recently,” she admitted. “Obviously we wanted to be sure we had a band that would show up to the event.” She also said that Weiland replacing Puddle of Mudd is a “huge upgrade for the festival.”