A Fascinating Discovery: An Old Book in Margie's Diary

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Margie and her friend Tommy discover an old book, a rare artifact in their futuristic world where all stories are displayed on screens.
  • They are amazed by the physical nature of the book, with its yellowed pages and non-moving words.
  • While Tommy sees it as a waste compared to the millions of books on their televisions, Margie is intrigued by the mystery and asks where he found it. It turns out to be in Tommy's attic and is about school.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

翻訳お願いします

Margie even wrote about it that night in her diary. On the page headed May 17 , 2155 , she wrote , “Today tommy found a real book..” It was a very old book. Margie's grandfather had heard about books like it When he was a little boy. He once said his grandfather had told them that there was a time when all stories were printed on paper. They turned the pages , which were yellow. It was very funny to read the word. They stood still, instead of moving the way they were supposed to - on a screen , you know. And then , when they turned back to the page before , it had the same words on it. It was just the same as it had been when they read it the first time. “Oh,” said Tommy. “What a waste!” When you're through with the book , you just throw it away , I guess. Our television screen must have had a million books on it , and it's good for many more. “Same with mine ,” said Margie. She was 11 and hadn't seen as many telebooks as Tommy had. He was 13. She said , “Where did you find it?” “In my house.” He pointed without looking , because he was busy reading. “In the attic.” “What's it about?” “School.”

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数0

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • sayshe
  • ベストアンサー率77% (4555/5904)
回答No.1

マージは、彼女の日記にその夜それについて書きさえしました。 2155年5月17日のページに、「今日、トミーは本物の本を見つけました..」と、彼女は書きました。 それは、とても古い本でした。 マージのおじいさんは、彼が小さかったとき、そのような本について聞いたことがありました。 彼(マージのおじいさん)のおじいさんが、すべての物語が紙に印刷された時があると、彼らに話したと、彼はかつて言いました。 彼らはページをめくりました。ページは黄色くなっていました。 単語を読むことは、非常におかしかったです。 分かっていると思いますが、画面上を ― 動くことになっている様に動かずに ― それら(単語)は、(紙のページ上に)静止していました。そして、彼らが前のページに戻ると、そのページには同じ単語がありました。 彼らが初めてそれを読んだ時にあったのとそれは同じままでした。「ああ」と、トミーは言いました。 「なんて無駄なんだろう!」本を読み終えたら、それを捨てると、僕は思うな。 僕たちのテレビ画面には、100万冊の本があったにちがいないし、もっと多くの本でも保管できるよ。 「私のテレビも同じよ」と、マージは言いました。 彼女は11歳で、トミーほど多くのテレブックを見ていませんでした。 彼は、13歳でした。 「どこで、それを見つけたの?」と、彼女は言いました。 「僕の家で。」彼が読むのに忙しかったので、顔を上げずに、指さしました。 「屋根裏で。」 「それは、何についての本なの?」 「学校。」

その他の回答 (1)

• ydna
  • ベストアンサー率63% (179/281)
回答No.2

---拙訳ーーー マージーはその夜のことを自分の日記に書いていたのです。2157年5月17日のページに、彼女は書いた。『今日、トミーは本物の本を見つけた。』 それは、とても古い本だった。マージーのおじいさんは、子どもだった頃、それによく似た本のことを聞いたことがあった。おじいさんは、以前に言った。彼のおじいさんが彼に言いました。『物語はみんな紙に印刷された時代があったんだ。』 人々は、そのページをめくったんだ。それは黄色だった。文章を読むのが、とーっても面白かったのさ。文章がーーーほら、スクリーンの上で、動くべき方向に動くだろ?ーーーその代わりに、じっと動かないんだ。それから前のページに戻ってみると、同じ文章がある。初めて読んだ時と同じ文章がそこにあったんだ。 『へえーっ!』トミーは言った。『なんて無駄なんだ。その本を読み終わったら捨てちゃうんでしょ。僕たちのテレビ画面には100万冊の本が入ってるのはまちがいない。もっとたくさんでもいい。 『私のも同じ。』マージーが言った。彼女は11歳で、トミーが持っているほどテレブックをたくさん見ていなかった。 彼は13 歳だった。 マージーは聞いた。『どこで見つけたの?』 『僕の家さ。』トミーは、目も向けずに指差した。彼は読書で忙しかったんだ。『屋根裏部屋さ。』『どんなことが書いてあるの?』『学校さ。』 --- keys --- even は、「ちょっとした驚き」があればいいと思って、文体で even の意味を表したつもりです。 head… 2157 = page を修飾。直訳は、『2157年5月17日と頭に書いたページ』 When you're through with the book = この時の you は、(その時代の)一般の人々 School = ここで、『学校』と訳すと、後から困りそうなんですけど、英語で同じ単語を使っているから、『学校』としておきます。 小学校高学年くらいを対象に訳したつもりです。 後、数行で完訳できますので、なんでも尋ねて下さい。もう少し、少ない量の方が皆さん訳しやすいと思います。 ただ、私が訳しているのは、原文で書き直し版じゃないので、少し修正に時間がかかりました。ごめんなさい。原文は、少し難しいです。 ここまでで、疑問がある場合は、補足でお願いします。 少しでもお役に立てたでしょうか? ★ydna★

関連するQ&A

• 和訳をお願いします。

翻訳機はなしで^^; Margie even wrote about it that night in her diary. On the page headed May 17, 2155, she wrote, 'Today Tommy found a real book." It was a very old book. Margie's grandfather had heard about books like it when he was a little boy. He once said his grandfather had told them that there was a time when all stories were printed on paper. They turned the pages, which were yellow. It was very funny to read the words. They stood still, instead of moving the way they were supposed to - on a screen, you know. And then, when they turned back to the page before, it had the same words on it. It was just the same as it had been when they read it the first time. "Oh," said Tommy. "What a waste! When you're through with the book, you just throw it away, I guess. Our television screen must have had a million books on it, and it's good for many more. I wouldn't throw it away." "Same with mine," said Margie. She was 11 and hadn't seen as many telebooks as Tommy had. He was 13. She said, 'Where did you find it?' "In my house." He pointed without looking, because he was busy reading. "In the attic." "What's it about?" "School."

• 和訳お願いします。

Margie even wrote about it that night in her diary. On the page headed May 17, 2155, she wrote, 'Today Tommy found a real book." It was a very old book. Margie's grandfather had heard about books like it when he was a little boy. He once said his grandfather had told them that there was a time when all stories were printed on paper. They turned the pages, which were yellow. It was very funny to read the words. They stood still, instead of moving the way they were supposed to - on a screen, you know. And then, when they turned back to the page before, it had the same words on it. It was just the same as it had been when they read it the first time.

• 翻訳お願いします

So she said to Tommy , "Why would anyone write about school?" Tommy looked at her. “Because it's not our kind of school , stupid. This is the old kind of school that they had hundreds of years ago. He added , saying the word carefully , “Centuries ago.” Margie was hurt. “Well , I don't know what kind of school they had all that time ago.” She read the book over his shoulder for a while. Then she said , "Anyway , they had a teacher." “Sure they had a teacher , but it wasn't a regular teacher. It was a man” “A man? How could a man be a teacher?” “Well , he just told the boys and girls things. He gave them homework and asked them questions.” “A man isn't smart enough.” “Sure he is. My father knows as much as my teacher.” “He can't. A man can't know as much as a teacher.” “He knows almost as much , I'm sure.” Margie wasn't prepared to argue. She said , "I wouldn't want a strange man in my house to teach me." Tommy laughed. “You don't know much , Margie. The teachers didn't live in the house. They had a special building , and all the kids went there.” “And all the kids learned the same thing?” “Sure , if they were the same age.” “But my mother says a teacher has to be adjusted to fit the mind of each boy and girl it teaches. Each kid has to be taught in different ways.” “Just the same , they didn't do it that way then. If you don't like it , you don't have to read the book.” “I don't say I don't like it , ” Margie said quickly. She wented to read about those funny schools. They weren't even half finished when Margie's mother called , “Margie! School!” Margie looked up. “Not yet , Mama.” “Now,” said Mrs. Jones. “And it's probably time for Tommy , too” Margie said to Tommy , “Can I read the book some more with you after school?” “Maybe,”he said. He walked away whistling , the book under his arm.

• 翻訳お願いします

Margie went into the schoolroom. It was right next to her own room. The mechanical teacher was on and waiting for her. It was always on at the same time every day except Saturday and Sunday. Her mother said that little girls learned better if they learned at regular hours. The screen was lighted up. It said , “Today's arithmetic lesson is on the addition of proper fractions. Please insert yesterday's homework in the proper slot.” Margie did so with a sigh. She was thinking about the old schools they had when her grandfather's grandfather was a boy. All the kids from the whole neighborhood come. They laughed and shouted in the schoolroom , and went home together at the end of the day. They learned the same things , so they could help one another with the homework. And they could talk about it. And the teachers were people … The mechanical teacher was flashing on the screen : "When we add the fractions 1/2 and 3/4 … " Margie was thinking about how the kids must have loved it in the old days. She was thinking about the fun they had.

• 和訳お願いします。

"Oh," said Tommy. "What a waste! When you're through with the book, you just throw it away, I guess. Our television screen must have had a million books on it, and it's good for many more. I wouldn't throw it away." "Same with mine," said Margie. She was 11 and hadn't seen as many telebooks as Tommy had. He was 13. She said, 'Where did you find it?' "In my house." He pointed without looking, because he was busy reading. "In the attic." "What's it about?" "School."

• 和訳お願いします。

翻訳機は使わないでください^^; Margie went into the schoolroom. It was right next to her own room. The mechanical teacher was on and waiting for her. It was always on at the same time every day except Saturday and Sunday. Her mother said that little girls learned better if they learned at regular hours. The screen was lighted up. It said, 'Today's arithmetic lesson is on the addition of proper fractions. Please insert yesterday's homework in the proper slot." Margie did so with a sigh. She was thinking about the old schools they had when her grandfather's grandfather was a boy. All the kids from the whole neighborhood came. They laughed and shouted in the schoolroom, and went home together at the end of the day. They learned the same things, so they could help one another with the homework. And they could talk about it. And the teachers were people…. The mechanical teacher was flashing on the screen: "When we add the fractions 1/2 and 3/4 ..." Margie was thinking about how the kids must have loved it in the old days. She was thinking about the fun they had.

• 翻訳お願いします

Margie made a face. “School? What's there to write about school? I hate school.” Margie always hated school , but now she hated it more than ever. The mechanical teacher had been giving her test after test in geography. She had been doing worse and worse. In the end , her mother had shaken her head sadly and sent for the County Inspector. He was a little man with a red face. He had a whole box of tools with dials and wires. He smiled at her and gave her an apple. Then he took the teacher apart. Margie had hoped he wouldn't know how to put it together again. But he knew how , all right. After an hour or so , there it was again - large and black. It had a big screen , on which all the lessons were shown and the questions were asked. That wasn't so bad. The part which she hated most was the slot where she had to put the homework and test papers. She always had to write them our in a punch code they made her learn when she was six years old. The mechanical teacher calculated the mark in no time. The inspector had smiled after he had finished , and patted her head. He said to her mother , "It's no the little girl's fault , Mrs. Jones. I think the geography part was geared a little too quickly. I've slowed it up to an average 10-year level. In fact , the overall pattern of her progress is quite satisfactory." Again he patted Margie's head. Margie was disappointed. She had been hoping they would take the teacher away. They had once taken Tommy's teacher away for about a month , because the history part had not worked.

• 和訳おねがいします

翻訳機は使わないでください^^; So she said to Tammy, "Why would anyone write about school?" Tommy looked at her. "Because it's not our kind of school, stupid. This is the old kind of school that they had hundreds of years ago." He added, saying the word carefully, " Centuries ago." Margie was hurt. "Well, I don't know what kind of school they had all that time ago." She read the book over his shoulder for a while. Then she said, "Anyway, they had a teacher." "Sure they had a teacher, but it wasn't a regular teacher. It was a man." "A man? How could a man be a teacher?" "Well, he just told the boys and girls things. He gave them homework and asked them questions." "A man isn't smart enough." "Sure he is. My father knows as much as my teacher." "He can't. A man can't know as much as a teacher." "He knows almost as much, I'm sure." Margie wasn't prepared to argue. She said, "I wouldn't want a strange man in my house to teach me." Tommy laughed. 'You don't know much, Margie. The teachers didn't live in the house. They had a special building, and all the kids went there." "And all the kids learned the same thing?' "Sure, if they were the same age." "But my mother says a teacher has to be adjusted to fit the mind of each boy and girl it teaches. Each kid has to be taught in different ways." "Just the same, they didn't do it that way then. If you don't like it, you don't have to read the book." "I didn't say I didn't like it," Margie said quickly. She wanted to read about those funny schools. They weren't even half finished when Margie's mother called, "Margie! School!" Margie looked up. "Not yet, Mama." "Now," said Mrs. Jones. "And it's probably time for Tommy, too." Margie said to Tommy, "Can I read the book some more with you after school?' "Maybe," he said. He walked away whistling, the book under his arm.

• どなたか、翻訳お願いします。(きちんと翻訳してくれる人、お願いします)

どなたか、翻訳お願いします。(きちんと翻訳してくれる人、お願いします) ※翻訳サイトを使わない翻訳をお願いします。 TUSAYAN,Ariz.,Sept.27 Sept 27 (NP)-A sight seeing plane crashed into a wooded hill near the Grand Canyon Airport on Wedensday,killing 10 people and injuring the other 11 people aboard. The aicraft's wings were sheared off by tall Ponderosa pines but some passengers survived because the fuselage of the de Haviland Twin Otter remained largely intact,said Sheriff Joe Richards.The two crew members were killed,he said. National Park Service Ranger Paul Crawford,how was among the first to reach the wreckage,said some of the passengers were walking around when he arrived at the scene on a small ridge about 275 meters east of a runway. "They were shell shocked.They had that empty,dazed look,"he said. The twin engine Grand Canyon Airlines plane went down at 9:49 a.m.,said U.S.Federal Aviation Adminis tration spokeswoman Elly Brekke. Brekke said the plane hit trees,fipped over and crashed after veering on its landing approach.Elizabeth Sebold,co-owner of Grand Canyon Airlines,said from Las Vegas,New.,that the plane was on a sight seeing fight and was comin in for a landing. Seibold said all those aboard were from the United States. The identities of the dead and injured were not immediately available. Larry Nickey,a Grand Canyon National Park Fire Department captain,said there was fuel in the plane's cockpit area but the wreck age did not catch fire. Nickey said fire fightersvcut out the plane's bottom to free a man and a woman.He said they were the only two still alive in the plane when he arrived.

• どなたか、翻訳お願いします。

どなたか、翻訳お願いします。 ※翻訳サイトを使わない翻訳をお願いします。 TUSAYAN,Ariz.,Sept.27 Sept 27 (NP)-A sight seeing plane crashed into a wooded hill near the Grand Canyon Airport on Wedensday,killing 10 people and injuring the other 11 people aboard. The aicraft's wings were sheared off by tall Ponderosa pines but some passengers survived because the fuselage of the de Haviland Twin Otter remained largely intact,said Sheriff Joe Richards.The two crew members were killed,he said. National Park Service Ranger Paul Crawford,how was among the first to reach the wreckage,said some of the passengers were walking around when he arrived at the scene on a small ridge about 275 meters east of a runway. "They were shell shocked.They had that empty,dazed look,"he said. The twin engine Grand Canyon Airlines plane went down at 9:49 a.m.,said U.S.Federal Aviation Adminis tration spokeswoman Elly Brekke. Brekke said the plane hit trees,fipped over and crashed after veering on its landing approach.Elizabeth Sebold,co-owner of Grand Canyon Airlines,said from Las Vegas,New.,that the plane was on a sight seeing fight and was comin in for a landing. Seibold said all those aboard were from the United States. The identities of the dead and injured were not immediately available. Larry Nickey,a Grand Canyon National Park Fire Department captain,said there was fuel in the plane's cockpit area but the wreck age did not catch fire. Nickey said fire fightersvcut out the plane's bottom to free a man and a woman.He said they were the only two still alive in the plane when he arrived.