• ベストアンサー

O.ヘンリーのここが分かりません。

And what I says goes in that neck of the woods, don't it? の中の、neck of the woodが分かりません。 どなたかご存じの方はいらっしゃいませんか?

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • bakansky
  • ベストアンサー率48% (3502/7245)
回答No.1

necks of the wood は下記の辞書にあるように region といった意味です。  → http://www.thefreedictionary.com/neck+of+the+woods

sktomotomo85
質問者

お礼

分かりました。ありがとうございます。

関連するQ&A

• O.ヘンリーのここが分かりません。

Gilbert and Barbara get along swimmingly. There was a tacit and tactical understanding all round that the two would stand up under a floral bell some high noon, and promise the minister to keep old Jerome's money in a state of high commotion. the two would stand up under a floral bell some high noon なんですが、ここは「いつか二人が結婚するという」という読みでいいんでしょうか? また、 promise the minister to keep old Jerome's money in a state of high commotion. ministerは誰を指すのでしょうか?それから、high commotionが分かりません。

• O.ヘンリーのここが分かりません。

When Mr. and Mrs. Gilbert Warren were spinning softly homeward in a closed carriage, after the ceremony, Gilbert said: "Nevada, would you really like to know what I wrote you in the letter that you received to-night?" "Fire away!" said his bride. "Word for word," said Gilbert, "it was this: 'My dear Miss Warren -You were right about the flower. It was a hydrangea, and not a lilac.'" "All right," said Nevada. "But let's forget it. The joke's on Barbara, anyway!" の部分なのですが、まず、これがオチの部分になっていること、それから、文中に花への言及がないこと、BarbaraとGilbertは結婚するという暗黙の了解があったこと、それから、Nevadaは、西部生まれでかなりやんちゃな娘であること、またGilbertがNevadaを深夜に自分のうちまで来るようにメッセージを送って、Barbaraがそれを読んでショックを受けたこと、が前提です。 hydrangeaとlilacはそれぞれNevadaとBarbaraを指すのだと思いますが、花言葉や花に関する言い回しとして普通なことなんでしょうか? また、タイトルがSchools and Schoolsになっていますが、これは「やり方いろいろ」とか、「人それぞれ」と訳してしまっていいんでしょうか。

• How much is the cost of the removal

How much is the cost of the removal of the lymph node in the neck? There is no giving way of impossibility in Japan, and it goes to the United States. It goes to the Johns Hopkins hospital and Massachusetts General Hospital, etc.

• O.ヘンリーのここが分かりません。9

Without knowing why we look up suddenly to see in a window a face that seems to belong to our gallery of intimate portraits; in a sleeping thoroughfare we hear a cry of agony and fear coming from an empty and shuttered house;instead of at our familiar curb a cab-driver deposits us before a strange door, which one, with a smile, opens for us and bids us enter; a slip of paper, written upon, flutters down to our feet from the high lattices of Chance; we exchange glances of instantaneous hate affection, and fear with hurrying strangers in the passing crowds; a sudden souse of rain---and our umbrella may be sheltering the daughter of the Full Moon and first cousin of the Sidereal System; at every corner handkerchiefs drop fingers beckon, eyes besiege and the lost, lonely, the rapturous , the mysterious, the perilous changing cues of adventure are slipped into our fingers. の中の、a slip of paper, written upon, flutters down to our feet from the high lattices of Chance; の部分が分かりません。 どなたか分かる方はいらっしゃいませんか?

• 英文の訳をお願いします。

友人が"Only"について教えてくれているようなのですが、詳しく知りたいので力を貸して頂けますでしょうか。よろしくお願いします。 "Only" refers to it being something and nothing else. For example if I said "I only eat vegetables." That would mean that I eat vegetables and not meat, chicken, fish etc. In the context I used it in ("It's only cold in the mornings,") it would mean that it is cold in the morning, but it is not cold during the rest of the day. In a different context it could mean that it is always cold never hot, warm or cool in the morning. A clearer way to say what I meant that would have my intended meaning regardless of context would be "It is cold in the mornings only."

• 和訳をお願いします

I don't want to lose it , and I'm afraid that if I don't change that is what will happen. ここで、文の流れでand ではなくbut の気がするのですが、それも教えていただけたら嬉しいです。よろしくお願いします。

• 英語の翻訳お願いします。

I will print off the photographs that you sent and send them to the Customs House. What does the receipt say that it written in Japanese related to the price paid of $70? I wanted to find out before it I mail it to the Customs House because the handbag would not be a “gift” if the receipt says that $70 was paid to you. I also wanted to be sure that the receipt does not include EBay. Many thanks for your help with translation.

• 和訳をよろしくお願いします

I am a single mother of an infant daughter. I love my daughter more than life itself, but I am at a crossroads and she is in the middle. I work a very good, high-paying job. However, I don't like it. I want to go back to school and get a master's in a field I am passionate about. I'd get a job that would ultimately only pay about half of my current earnings, but I would actually enjoy it! I'd get a job that would ultimately only pay about half of my current earnings, but I would actually enjoy it!の和訳をよろしくお願いします

• わからない個所を教えてください。

In your head is the key. And I know in that moment that Jamie has already understood me better than my parents and everyone else ever have. I meet his eyes with a surge of gratitude pushing up inside me. I want to say something, but I can’t imagine what.(前回の終わりの部分です) ‘Hey,’ he says. ‘I know.’ His eyes are suddenly bright with inspiration. ‘Ask if I can come over to your house this weekend. To stay, I mean. There’s an annual in one of the boxes with whole stories in it – fourteen episodes, one after the other, so you don’t have to wait a week or find the next issue. I could read it to you, if you want.’ He says this last almost shyly, as if he’s afraid I might say no. ‘That would be great!’ I say. ‘I really like them.’ ‘Yeah,’ he says. ‘Me too.’ Downstairs I hear the sounds of people moving about – his parents, I suppose. He glances towards the door and sighs. ‘It’s time for lunch,’ he says. ‘I’d better go.’ ‘Oh. And me,’ I say. ‘But I’ll see you later.’ ‘Yeah.’ ‘Don’t forget to ask about the weekend,’ he says. ‘Ask if I can stay the night.’ ‘I will,’ I promise. In the darkness, there is the shape of a figure: pale, outlined against the shadows. ****************************************** 主人公のAlexはartistで、展示会に備えるために、幼い頃過ごしたイタリアに戻ってきています。この英文は幼い頃の回想シーンです。 There’s an annual in one of the boxes with whole stories in it – fourteen episodes, one after the other, so you don’t have to wait a week or find the next issue. の個所は、どういうことを言っているのでしょうか? annualは年刊の、という意味ですか?? 教えてください。お願いします。

• 至急、訳していただけませんか?

"The day we engineered that factory,a mental barrier was broken,"says Danoneco-COO Emmanuel Faber.What the factory lacks in size,it makes up for in ease of use;workers simply don't have to be as skilled.