• ベストアンサー

amorous stakesって何ですか?

Simon wasn't just ahead of his pack when it came to the serious business of making money, he also trumped them in the amorous stakes, as well. Simonはロックバンドのマネージャーです。

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.1

amorous というのは、この場合、「恋愛の」とか「色事の」 という感じですね。stakesは、競馬なんかでもステークスといいますが、 ここでは競争とか競い合いと訳せばいいんじゃないでしょうか。 全文を訳すと、次のようになります。 サイモンは、お金を稼ぐという真面目な仕事において、グループの 先頭に立っていただけでなく、恋愛という分野での競争でも彼らを 負かしていた。

arigato0
質問者

お礼

PERFECT! ありがとうございます。

関連するQ&A

• 英文の解釈

They speak well of him.の受動態は回答を見ると He is well spoken of by them.となっていますが、 なぜHe is spoken well of by them.ではいけませんか?

• よろしくお願いします

I live with my long-term boyfriend in my house. I make significantly more money than him and am also far more conservative on finances; I pay all my bills and put 15 percent of every check into savings before I make any “want” purchases. When my boyfriend moved in, we discussed and agreed that he would take over a few bills but concentrate on getting his savings built up. It has been three months, and he hasn’t saved a penny. Instead, he is blowing his money on video games, trips, and expensive hobbies. He also has been short on bills, and I have to cover them, but it is never more than $20 or $50, and he pays me back. Our last huge fight was when he leased a brand-new truck even though he has a perfectly running, paid-off older Honda. He said I was trying to control him and that I wasn’t his mother. I yelled that I might as well be, since he was acting like a teenager and living rent free under my roof. 1 getting his savings built upですが、having something built upという形はよくみるのでうすが、そのようにも言えるでしょうか?違いはあるでしょうか?あと、getting his savings to build upは言えるでしょうか? 2 short on billsは「紙幣が不足している??」short on moneyと同意でしょうか? 3 I yelled that I might as well beの訳を教えてください。 以上、よろしくお願いします

• 和訳教えてください

Lieutenant-general Alexander Sheveshenko,part of the military delegation showing off the equipment, came to Putin's aid,but when he grabbed the door handle, it came away in his hand.

• straightened out

Bud is 44 years old and owns his own business, but he does not save money. When I met him, he had nothing. Now he has $20,000 in a retirement account and another $5,000 in savings. He finally has his two kids pretty well straightened out, although they will never be exactly normal. has his two kids pretty well straightened outはどのような意味でしょぅか?よろしくお願いします

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

They also didn't like the idea of Scott making money on his own off Core/Purple without them, basically milking his status as the singer and leaving them out to dry. Their position is/was that if you're going to perform using STP to sell your tour, then it needs to be with us as your band.

• 次の英文を訳してくださいm(__)m

次の英文を訳してくださいm(__)m He began his lifelong love affair with Japan five years before the Okinawan blood bath,when he came across A translation of the 11-century Japanese novel "The Tale of Genji" while he studying at Columbia University.

• 英訳おねがいします。。

彼と彼女のどちらにも責任はあるが、比較すると彼のほうが悪い。 この文は英語でなんて言えばいいですか?? Although it is responsible also for which of his and her, he is worse when it compares. だと変ですか?? よろしくお願いします。

• 翻訳お願いします。

But what about Stockton? How is he doing? Well, his chances of becoming a detector dog look very good. He is progressing faster than some of the other dogs at the training center. He also seems to have the right kind of nature and character since he is a meek, or gentle,dog. Heldt explains why the beagle may be doing so well: “His demeanor is really meek; he just rolls along kind of like a tortoise.” According to Heldt, Stockton is also good at his job because he is so calm and he likes what he is doing. “Nothing fazes him,”says Heldt, “He loves working. It's a game to him, which is really important.” As stockton finishes a training exercise in which he has performed particularky well, Heldt picks stockton up into his arms and continues to encourage him. “Good job! Good job, very good!”he says as he rubs the dog's head and smiles. When the two partners are working together, it is easy to see that it is not only stockton who loves his work! 訳してみてもあまりうまく訳せなかったのでよろしくお願いします。

• 動名詞の意味上の主語のある文

(1)He insisted on my paying the money. (2)He insisted on me paying the money. が 両方OK文なのは、わかるのですが、 (1)にすると(つまりmyです。)  He insisted on my paying of the money. ⇒ my paying で名詞あつかいにしてしまう。(ちゃんとした名詞は、paymentとかいうのは、わかります。)というので of をつけたりするのは、 どうなんでしょうか? やはり paying 分詞あつかいの目的語のthe moneyで ofなんてつけるのを考えるのは、論外なのでしょうか?   I was proud of his winning of the race. も同様の考えです。 どうなんでしょう? やっぱり I was proud of his (him) winning the race. ですか?  宜しくお願いいたします。

• Bill will come back when he h

Bill will come back when he has spent all his money. の訳を教えてください。