• ベストアンサー

英語 文章

Scientists consider this a remarkable feat, given that heavy lifting equipment used in modern construction was not available at that time. この文章の訳、文型を教えてください。

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数0

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • sayshe
  • ベストアンサー率77% (4555/5904)
回答No.2

Scientists---S consider---V this---O a remarkable feat,---C given that heavy lifting equipment used in modern construction was not available at that time.---M M の中をさらに文型表示すると、 given that---conj.接続詞 heavy lifting equipment---S used in modern construction---M(Sを修飾) was---V not available---C at that time.---M given だけでは、「前置詞」とか「形容詞」とか説明されています。 次のURLの[前]を参照 http://dictionary.goo.ne.jp/leaf/ej3/35953/m0u/given/ 次のURLの【形容詞】3 を参照 http://ejje.weblio.jp/content/given あまり品詞にこだわらず、以下のURLの様に考えておくと楽かもしれません。 http://eow.alc.co.jp/given+that/UTF-8/?ref=sa <和訳例> 現代の建設において使われる大型リフティング装備が当時利用できなかったことを考えれば、科学者はこれを注目に値する功績だと考えます。

その他の回答 (1)

回答No.1

Scientists consider this a remarkable feat, ここまでは Scientists:主語 consider:V this:O a remarkable feat:C の第五文型。「O を C とみなす」 科学者たちは,このことをすばらしい偉業だと考える」 this の内容は前に出ているはずです。 コンマ以下は given (that) SV で「~ということを考慮に入れると,~だと仮定すると」 heavy lifting equipment (used in modern construction) までがその S was not available at that time で V C (M) となっています。 現代の建設作業で用いられる重いものを持ち上げる装置などは, 当時利用できなかったことを考慮に入れると こういう複文構造になると,全体で第何文型かというのは意味がなく,部分部分の各動詞につき 文型を考え,全体の意味をとらえることが要求されます。 SVOC, 接 SVC. とつながっています。

関連するQ&A

• 英語の問題教えてください。

同じ意味になるように( )に一語入れてください。 よろしくお願いします。 He did not go to school that day. He was( )( )school that day. Mary has not written to me since 1987. I have not ( )( )Mary since 1987. This dictionary is mine. This dictionary( )( )me. The heavy snow prevented me from coming on time. I could not come on time ( )of the heavy snow The news filled me with joy. I was( )of joy( )the news.

• 英語 問題

The first great invention in the world, I suppose, is one that is still commonly used today ―the wheel. This ( )( )( )( )( )( ) things and to travel long distances. (1)easier (2)to (3)heavy (4)makes(5)it (6)carry どう並び替えるのが適切でしょうか?

• 英語の問題お願いします!

英語の問題お願いします! 空所に適当な語句をいれてください! 1.Harry as well as you () responsible for that accident. (1)are (2)do (3)does (4)is 2.Both my brother and my sister () studying abroad. (1)are (2)have (3)is (4) was 3.Some of the most remarkable scientists in history () not considered especially intelligent in their school days. (1)is (2)are (3)was (4)were 誤った箇所を指摘し正しい形になおしてください! 4.Most of the class members (1)[is] working (2)[people] and (3)[very] few of them ever (4)[miss]a class. 5.There (1)[has] been many (2)[cases] of (3)[the] flu in this area (4)[in recent] years. 以上の5問です! 見づらいかもしれませんがお願いします!

• 英語の訳をお願いします。

One of the purposes of this new system, beyond allowing researchers and scientists to talk to each other, was the creation of a communications network that the government hoped would be secure in case of nuclear or other emergency. 訳をお願いします。

• 英語のご堪能な方、和訳をお願い致します。

以下文の和訳をお願い致します。 all work great except the number 1, I presume that they used the letter I for the number one. This machine was owned by a small government office and was used very little it is a good machine. 以上です。 ご教示いただければ幸いです。 よろしくお願い致します。

• 英語がいまいち訳せません。

英語がいまいち訳せません。 以下の文章を翻訳サイトを使って訳したのですが、いまいち日本語的に通じる文章へ訳せません。 こんな翻訳であっているのでしょうか? ご教授お願いします。 Are we more lonely than we used to be? ((we used to beの意味が分からなく訳せませんでした)) A recent survey tried to answer this question, but with ironic results. 最近の調査では、この質問に答えることを試みたが、皮肉な結果だった。 When people were given the questionnaire, they agreed at once that people nowadays are more lonely than people of their parents' generation. アンケート用紙を人々に与えたとき、彼らは"現代の人々は彼らの親の世代よりも孤独である"ということに賛成しました。 However, when asked to fill in the questionnaire, they replied that they were too busy! しかしながら、アンケート用紙を記入するようにたずねると、彼らは忙し過ぎると答えた! Perhaps this reaction was more interesting than people's answers to the questionnaire, because it showed that we can be lonely despite being busy! おそらく、この反応は人々のアンケートの答えよりおもしろかった。なぜなら、忙しいのにもかかわらず私たちは一人になれるということを示したから! ほんとに意味が分かりません…。 回答お願いします。

• 英語お願いします

1, Stephen Hawking is the greatest scientist that ever lived =( ) ( ) ( ) is as ( ) ( ) Stephen Hawking 2, My paper is good, but his paper is much better =His paper is (f ) better than ( ) 3, This ballpoint pen is as good as ( ) I have ever used 4. I love chatting with my friends on the phone. ( ) is more enjoyable. すいません ( )の中に入る語をお願いします

• 以下の英文を日本語訳して下さい。

・One last thing,the best advice I was given was,"Don't sweat the small stuff." ・This means that you shouldn't worry about unimportant things. 宜しくお願いします!

• 受動態でのbyとfrom の使い分けがわかりません

下記のように受動態でgivenに対しfromが使われています。 (1)~(3)はto~from いり(1.590.000.000hit)(4)~(5)はtoなし(847.000hit)を例文でググってみました。 ちなみに was given byなら40.300.000hitです。 (1)best award was given to the EuroVideoMapping from Germany. (2) Careful consideration was given to input from staff and families as well as student learning styles. (3)When the captives were brought to Madinah, I was given to a family from Ansar. (4)Oyaki (bun) which was given from our friend convenient as not only between-meals but also side dish. nsknet.or.jp ... research works, the Young Researcher Award was given from Japanese Neural Network Society (JNNS) in [...] 2001, (5)The label showing that this specimen was given from Professor S. Hatta and constructed by a taxidermist A. よくある問題例文で、My uncle gave me this computer.を受動態の形にしなさい。というもので、 (4)I was given this computer by my uncle. (5)I was given this computer from my uncle. もbyでもfrom でもいいと思うのですが、どの参考書もbyのみで答えがのっているのは、なぜでしょうか?なぜfrom だといけないでしょうか?教えてください。 ちなみに自分の考えは以下です。 参考書寄りidea: Iに対してgivenの動作を作用させたbyがmy uncle。 fromを使うなら、その注視はthis computerの出どころをイメージさせるからIの主語と合わない。This computer was given to me from my uncle.にして主語とto~from~を関連させるならfromを使う意味がある。 私の直感: 基本どっちだって使える、Iにfocusしたいか、物にfocusを当てたいかで使い分けたらいい。その人のfeelingでOK. 教えてください。宜しくお願いします。

• 英語の文章を日本語訳して下さい。

By early 1915, all the combatants had lost the illusion that the war could be won quickly, and began to consider harsher measures in order to gain an advantage. The British, with their overwhelming sea power, had established a naval blockade of Germany immediately on the outbreak of war in August 1914, and in early November 1914 declared it to be a war zone, with any ships entering the North Sea doing so at their own risk. The blockade was unusually restrictive in that even food was considered "contraband of war". The Germans regarded this as a blatant attempt to starve the German people into submission and wanted to retaliate in kind, and in fact the severity of the British blockade did not go over well in America, either.