文法についての数問質問があります

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Grammarの練習問題を解いていて、分からないものが数問ありました。
  • I know only of the two singers. I don't know anything else of the singers.
  • Health is more important than anything else. Nothing is so important as health.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

文法について数問質問があります。

Grammarの練習問題を解いていて、分からないものが数問ありました。 恐れ入りますが、教えていただいたら幸いです。 書き換え文です。 I know only of the two singers. I don't know ( ) of the singers. Health is more important than anything else. ( ) is so important ( ) health. ↑最初はNothingで最後はasかなと考えました。 Nobody can enter the classroom if he or she comes late. ( ) comes late cannot enter the classroom. ↑Anybodyではと考えました。 誤りを指摘して、正しい語(句)を書きなさい。 (1)Most of the members remained silently during the meeting. ↑silently→ silentだと考えました。 (2)Kenji is older of my uncle's two sons. (3)All things considering, I'm sure our decision was the best. どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.1

I know only ONE of the two singers. I don't know (both) of the singers. not both で「両方は知らない」ですので,「2人のうち1人しか知らない」 Health is more important than anything else. (Nothing) is so important (as) health. お考え通りです。 「健康は他の何よりも大切だ」 =「健康ほど大切なものはない」 Nobody can enter the classroom if he or she comes late. (Whoever) comes late cannot enter the classroom. 「遅く来た場合には誰も教室には入ることができない」 =「遅く来た人は誰でも教室に入ることができない」 通常,any ... not という語順は不可ですが,関係詞があれば可となります。 Anybody who comes late cannot enter the classroom. なら正しいですが,主格の who は省略できません。 whoever = anybody who です。 (1)Most of the members remained silently during the meeting. silently → silent remain の後は補語として形容詞(あるいは名詞)がきます。 (2)Kenji is older of my uncle's two sons. older → the older Kenji is older than ~なら older ですが, 誰かと比較せず,「2人のうちで年をとっている方」という場合は the older of the two です。 (3)All things considering, I'm sure our decision was the best. considering → considered If all things are considered → All things (being) considered 「すべてのことを考慮に入れると」 all things と consider の関係は受身です。 これを分詞構文で表したのが All things (being) considered です。

noonstory0
質問者

お礼

早々の、お答、本当にありがとうございます。 また、丁寧な解説もどうもありがとうございます。 全問、納得できました。 とても感謝しています。

関連するQ&A

• 英語 文法(3)

・A、Bの会話が成り立つように(  )内の語(句)を並び替えなさい。  (1)A: Do you know the schedule of the concert?     B: No, but the magazine (us/begins/will/when/it/tell).  (2)A: Has the train come yet?     B: No. (wonder/late/it's/why/I) today.  (3)A: I want (how/to/old/is/know/Himeji Castle).     B: Ask Mr.Tamura. He knows a lot about Japanese castles.  (4)A: Excuse me. Could you tell me (here/Tokyo Station/how/is/from/far)?     B: Oh, it's more than two kilometers from here. You should take a taxi.  よろしくお願いしますm(__)m

• これの和訳を教えてください。

In order to understand precisely the formation process of planets it is important to study extensively the two-body encounters between planetesimals taking fully into account the influence of the solar gravity. Some authors have tried to simulate numerically the growth process of N-planetesimals to the present planets, taking into account the influence of the Sun. But before executing the simulation of the N-bodies’ encountering process numerically, it is necessary to know more detailes of the fundamental features of the two-body encounters between Keplerian particles. Furthermore, according to Hayashi, the ratio of the collisional rate to the scattering rate as well as the collisional rate itself is one of the important parameters which determine essentially the time scale of the planetary growth.

• 英語の文法で困っています。

英語を1からやり直そうと思って文法問題をやっていたら、これでよかったっけ?となってしまってます。誰か正誤を判断してください。お願いします。 Q次の空所に入る最も適切なものを1つずつ選んでください。 (1)I don't know what NGO (  ) for. (1)expresses (2)indicates (3)means (4)stands 自分の答え→(3) (2)The construction (  ) until next spring because of the budget shortage. (1)has postponed (2)is postponing (3)will be postponed (4)will have been postponed 自分の答え→(2) (3)The window (  ) open by the child. (1)leave (2)leaves (3)left (4)was left 自分の答え→(1) (4)The man (  ) at the chairman's right is the new president. (1)seating (2)sitting (3)is seated (4)sat 自分の答え→(3) (5)One of my Japanese friends (  ) an American woman. (1)married (2)married (3)married with (4)married on 自分の答え→(3) (6)I wanted to see (  ) all the members had arrived. (1)if (2)while (3)who (4)which (5)what 自分の答え→(4) (7)(  ) that this is a serious matter. (1)You are important realizing (2)It is important for you realizing (3)You are important to realize (4)It is important for you to realize 自分の答え→(2) 問題は以上です。よろしくお願いします。

• この文法を教えてください。

When if you want to know word or grammar etc,please tell me. I look a word up and teach you. Do you know Hiragana? と送ったところ As for words, how would I say something is tough or difficult? and the only Hirigana I can think of is writing yes? or am i wrong on that? と返信がきました。 なんとなく、この言葉はなんて言うかと聞いてると思うのですがよくわかりません。 教えていただけると助かります。

• 意味と文法的解説をよろしくお願いします

Do you have suggestions on whether and how to encourage a partner to lose weight? We've talked about it a bit in terms of improving his health, but in terms of heart rate/blood pressure/previous illnesses he's healthier than I am. So I feel bad that much of my motivation is just wanting to be more physically attracted to him. Especially as he's never made me question his attraction to me, and my body's undergone a lot of negative changes (medical). I guess I don't know how honest to be. 最後のhow honest to beの意味と文法的解説をよろしくお願いします

• 【文法】 正しい直訳 と 文法の説明を願います

I remember an evening I spent with two of my sons some years ago. It was an organized father and son outing, complete with gymnastics, wrestling matches, hotdogs, orangeade, and a movie--the works. In the middle of the movie, ... 1 compelete with は どのような意味になりますか? 2 the works は どのような意味になりますか? 3 complete は動詞ですか? 動詞だとしたら主語は何になりますか? 文法の説明をお願いします。 4 自分なりに直訳しました。正しい直訳をお願いします。 それは 体操、レスリングの試合、ホットドッグ、オレンジエード、そして映画という the works を伴う 計画された父と息子のお出かけだった。

• 英語です。適語を入れる問題です。得意な方

2つの文が同じ意味になるように(--)の中に適語を入れなさい。 1.This is the reason why I came late.= This is the reason (--) (--) I came late. 2.I know an old man named Smith.= I know an old man (--) name is Smith. 3.May 5 is my birthday.= May 5 is the day (--) I was born. 4.I know a girl with brown eyes.= I know a girl (--) (--) brown eyes. 5.The building on the hill is a castle.= The building (--) (--) on the hill is a castle. 6.I didn't believe him.= I didn't believe (--) he said. 7.The road is full of cars, so it is the most dangerous place in the city.= The road, (--) is full of cars, is the most dangerous in the city. 8.I called on my aunt, but she was out then.= I called on my aunt, (--) was out then. 9.He had two sons,but both of them were killed in the war. = He had two sons, but both of (--) were killed in the war. 10.It was not the thing that I wanted to do now.= It was not (--) I want to do now. 11.Everyone longs for peace and security.= There is (--) one (--) longs for peace and security. 12.He came to the dinner because he admired her.= His admiration for her was the (--) (--) he came to the dinner. 13.His father was a barber. He loved his father deeply and lived in the same house for thirty-five years.= His father,(--) whom he was deeply attached and (--) whom he had lived thirty-five years,was a barber. 14.I am ready to do (--) service may be in my power.= I am ready to do (--) service (--) may be in my power. 長くなりましたが、できる方、お願い致します

• 文章の間違いを指摘し、文法的に説明して下さい。

次の3つの文章の間違いを指摘し、文法的に説明して下さい。 (1) In my opinion, the most important subject in all is home economics. Most student don't think it is important. Because it is not necessary to a university entrance exam. However, what we learn this subject, for example, cooking and sewing, is necessary things of daily life. We will surely be able to use these skills and knowledge in the future. (2) Today we live an information society. I think computers are useful for a lot of jobs. Nowadays I use my personal computer for three hours everyday. I can discuss about much things with friends by using it. Discussion on the Internet makes excited. This is why I think of the class of information very important. (3) I think no subject is less important than math. I like math. I enjoy to take my math class. I don't like any other subjects, because they are not interesting for me. My teacher also talks math is important too. I think math is very useful in my future.

• 文法

(1)次の副詞句を言え。 「彼がどんな本を読もうと」 答え:whatever(no matter what) book he reads となっていたんですがbookにaとかsとかつけなくていいのですか? (2)I don't know whether the report is true. のtrueはtruthでもいけますか? (3)The law is one of his most surprising discoveries. のsurprisingはなぜ?surprisedのような気がするんですが・・・ 彼は驚いたんですよね? 多いですが、どうか回答お願いします。

• 文法

解答解説をしていただけないでしょうか。お願い致します。 1 “Did you enjoy the party?” “It was okay, but I'd rather () to a movie.” アgo イbe going ウhave gone エbeen gone 2 You can use a large plastic bottle, () cut off, as a pot to grow young plants in. アthe top is イthe top of which ウwhose top エwith its top 3 I asked her several questions, but she () not answer any of them. アmight イmust ウshould エwould 4 He would still be alive () he refused to go to the battlefield then. アif イhad ウprovided エunless 5 She did not look so () afraid as deeply suspicious. アwell イmuch ウbetter エmore 6 The weather was () that we had to stay indoors all day. アso much イsuch ウgreat エso 7 Human beings differ from other animals () they can use language. アat which イin that ウfor that エwith which 8 It is true that love is important. Still, money is () important. アmuch イlittle ウno more エno less 9 There is not one of us () wishes to help you. アwhom イwhose ウbut エas 10 This suitcase is very small. There () room in it. アisn't much イaren't any ウaren't much エisn't many 1 It appears () that he was a very famous musician in his youth. He appears () () () a very famous musician in his youth. 2 I hope you will not scold him because he did not come on time. I hope you will not scold him for () () come on time. 3 The rope wasn't very strong. It couldn't support him. The rope wasn't () () () support him. 4 I reminded her that health was important. I reminded her () the () of health. 5 We believe there was an accident at the corner two days ago. We believe () to () () an accident at the corner two days ago. 6 He worked hard;otherwise he would have failed. He worked hard;if () () () hard, he would have failed. 7 I said to him, “Don't speak until you are spoken to.” I told him () () () until () () spoken to.