• ベストアンサー

英訳お願いします。

英語科教育法関連の英文です。 It also means that it is possible to provide input materials in quantity for languages where we have common frequency counts, or better still, frequency counts adjusted for such things as availability and usefulness. とくにin quantity 以下から、whereとの関係、common frequency countsの意味が分かりません。よろしくお願いします。

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • bakansky
  • ベストアンサー率48% (3502/7245)
回答No.2

お礼をありがとうございました。恐縮です。 おおよその内容は想像しましたが、訳文を作るとなると、それは別問題です。専門的な文章のようですし・・・ この文では、まだ input materials の方面のことを述べているように思われます。 仮にそれらしい訳文を考えてみますと、  つまり、おおよそは単語の使用頻度が分っている言語について、インプットする素材を大量に作ることは可能であるということでもある。できれば、すぐに使えて、実用上のメリットがあるようなものに最適化された使用頻度であれば、なお好ましい。 ただ、ここで述べられている対象が、単語レベルのものなのか、それとも挨拶表現のようなまとまりのある文を含むのか、そういったことがこの文からだけでは判断できないので、一応 「単語」 としておきました。何しろ素人なもので、こういう文を読むことには慣れていませんし、訳文も稚拙なものですが、少しでもヒントになれば幸いです。

その他の回答 (1)

• bakansky
  • ベストアンサー率48% (3502/7245)
回答No.1

まず全体の感じを掴んでおくと、これは言語教育の方法論に関するもののように思えます。 common frequency counts は見慣れない語ですが、言語についての文だと思って見ると、「日常的に良く使う言葉」 みたいな意味ではなかろうかという予測がつきます (「頻繁に数えられるもの」 と読めますから)。 それだけ分れば、「日常よく使われる語にできるだけ多く接する機会を与えること、できれば実際に用いられることの多い実用的な語に多く接するようにさせること、それもやろうと思えばできることである」 といったふうな文であろうと見当がつくと思います。  where は直前の languages を受けて、その言語が使われる場所 → その言語を日常的に用いている人々の生活環境 といったような意識から、たとえば which に代えて用いられているのではないかと思います (時々このような where の用法を見ますが、私は素人なので、きちんとした説明はできません)。 * 余計なことですが、ご質問のタイトルは 「和訳をお願いします」 の方がいいと思います。

Aicy_1976
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます!「和訳」ですよね…f^_^;) 以後、気をつけます☆ 説明が足りなかったのですが、 この前の段落でinputとoutputの違いを述べられていて、 更にinputの教材 (input materials)を作るのは比較的簡単だが、Outputのための教材作りは困難。 という内容になっています。 それを踏まえての訳にしたいのですがどうでしょう? 何度もすみませんが、よろしくお願いします!

関連するQ&A

• 英訳教えてくださいませんか

Finally, there is the question of what to advertise. People around the world have different customs as well as different likes and dislikes. This is true even in places such as Latin America where most people share a common language. So the best advertisement in the world means nothing if the product is not right for the market. ↑の文章で、common languageがどういう意味なのかを教えてください。 汚いって意味でしょうか。。

• 契約書

いつもお世話になっております。 前回に引き続き楽曲の契約書の翻訳で質問です。 Licensor will provide the Licensed Materials to the Licensee in the following manner: Physical Media. Copies of the Licensed Materials have been provided to the Licensee on physical media (CD master) for use on Licensee's network and workstations. という文章があるのですが、 ここでいうLicensed Materialsと こういう場合のprovideの訳しかたがわかりません。 もし、分かる方いらっしゃいましたら 教えてください!!

• 英訳を教えて下さい

訳してみたのですが、意味の分からない文になってしまいました。 意味の分かる文を教えて下さい。 The production of fake, illegal titles to Amazon land has become so common that Brazilians have a name for it: grilagem, from the Portuguese word grilo, which means “cricket.” In order to make fake land titles look order and therefore more authentic, grileiros, as the people who steal land by creating false titles have come to be known, put the documents in drawers full of hungry crickets.The practice is certainly widespread: in just three years, the Brazilian government discovered 62000 questionable land titles.

• 英訳お願いします

英訳してみたのですがいまいち意味が分からないので訂正よろしくお願いします。 In Korea, where suicide case of elite grade-skipper are often reported, many people show negative response toward grade-skipper. 英訳 韓国では、たくさんの人が飛び級の人に対し否定的な反応を見せ、エリートな飛び級の人が自殺してしまう事例が報告されていた。 It is time for world educational experts to carefully examine whether the benefits of grade-skipper outweigh disadvantages for the common good of society. 英訳 世界の教育専門家は飛び級の利点が、社会の公益のために、不利益よりまさっているかどうか、慎重に調べてる時である。 どうでしょうか?

• 英訳について。

英訳について。 こんにちは!皆様の力を貸していただけませんか? 外国の方と知り合いになり、メールがきました。 ‥が、なんとなーくの雰囲気は分かる(つもりかも)のですが、意味がつながりません。。結果、さっぱりわかりません‥助けて下さい。泣 文字数が足りなかった為、もう一つ英文投稿しています。宜しくお願いします。Actually I had a bit of a problem to get to Amsterdam. Although I booked a ticket from Brussels -> Amsterdam -> Singapore. But between Brussels and Amsterdam it's actually a train. Not an airplane. Because there were maintenance works in the Netherlands, so I had no direct train and I had to switch trains. But my train got technical problems and it took some time before they got fixed. So I lost my connection and I would be on time in the airport. So I decided to take a taxi ... and I arrived just in time before the gate closed ... pfew ... see how bad the trains are in Europe ... I think it might be difficult for you to get used to this, no? So I got here in Singapore. It's indeed a bit like coming home ... I have lived here once for 3 months and once for 9 months. I know how to find my way around very well. But things change very fast in Singapore. New buildings everywhere ...One thing remains the same ... it is SO WARM ... and very humid. Today it was 35 degrees. I used to like Singapore very much ... but now that I have been in Japan ... there are many things that I think are better in Japan. But my hotel in Singapore is much much better :) www.goodwoodparkhotel.com It's like having a small holiday :)

• 英訳お願いします

どなたか英訳お願いいたします。 I can actually fully understand the second one too! But am I right in thinking that the way you wrote it would be closer to "where is my wallet?" than "I'm looking for my wallet"?

• 「ご了承お願いします」の英訳

海外に出すメールで、在庫がやや少なかったので用意できるのが注文分より少ないということを伝えて客先の了承を得ようと思っています。 日本語の文章だとこういう内容です。 「今回10kgの注文をいただきましたが、ただいま在庫が9.6kgです。今回はこの9.6kgを提供いたします。なにとぞご了承お願いします。」 In this time, we accepted the procduct for 10kg. But we are sorry that the amount of the stock we have this product is 9.6kg. So we'd like to provide this product for 9.6kg in this time. Please note it. If you have any problem, please let me know. We are sorryを途中に入れるのは大げさすぎるような気もしますが、どうでしょうか?また「ご了承お願いします」は「Please note it.」で丁寧な表現と言えますでしょうか? お詳しい方の意見をお聞きできればうれしいです。よろしくお願いします。

• 英文の意味がよくわからないのです。。。

You're so hungry for approval that you'll court it in areas where frankly, you'd be better off being condemned for not going. とうい文章なのですが、どうも意味がつながらずこまっています。 簡訳してみたのですが、 「あなたは支持を求めるあまり、正直なところ、行かないことを非難された方がいい場所においても支持を得ようとするでしょう」 自分で訳していて???状態です。 アドバイスをどうぞよろしくお願いします。

• 英訳お願いします

Have you changed job recently? という質問に対し、私はこう答えました  not,yet.but, i will go into retirement in the March.It will been workede for 5 years on next March 自分としては、私は3月に仕事を辞める(自主的に)つもりです。次の3月でちょうど5年間働いたことになります。と答えたかったのですが、彼からの返事はこうでした。  Retirement? you are only 25 right? Still too young  きっと、私の英語は定年退職と伝わったように思います。  それと、私の質問で、please tell me about to change job in your country, is it good things or bad things?  自分としては、転職することはあなたの国ではいいことですか?悪いことですか?と言う意味でいいたかったのですが、彼からの答えはこうです。  Work is good here, but a bit stressful.Why dont you come to Australia for a working holiday Visa? とても私の聞いている事がうまく伝わってませんよね?  そこで皆様に教えていただきたいのは、次の彼に送るメールでなんて書いたら自分の聞きたい内容が相手にうまく伝わるのか教えてください。自分の英語力のなさの誤りの文も含めて、おしえていただきたいです。

• 英訳助けてください><お願いします★

There are some big problems with this type of approach to studying adulthood. One of them is that it is very culturally specific━it is probably fine for describing the lives of middle-class white North Americanmen, but things may be rather different for people of different backgrounds, where the normal course ofliving takes different forms . Another is that it doesn't account for individial differences. Some people don'tleave home until much later in life;some people don't experience a lengthy period of independence but marryfrom their family home ;and some come across these transitions at very different ages. So it would be difficult to say how the model applied to them. Insight We will all experience several life- transitions , but they will be different for each of us. It is more useful to try to explore the psychological processes involved as we tackle our life-transitions,than to try to predict categorically what those life-transitions will be. If there are so many problems with this type of model, why should we bother with it at all? Well, mainly because it's a start. By identifying the kinds of things that are missing from a model like this, we can move towards developing better theories. Psychology doesn't have all the answers: it is continually changing, and trying to improve its theories and ideas. When a new area is first opened up, the initial theories are often quite liited;but they provide a useful basis for further research which can help us to develop a deeper understanding.