• ベストアンサー

「This article was prepared by XX ed

「This article was prepared by XX editors from staff and other reports」ってどういう意味ですか? とく海外のニュースサイトなどでこう書かれていますが、特に「 from staff」がよく分かりません。 「編集者がスタッフとともに」という感じでしょうか? よろしくお願いいたします。

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数13

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
noname#202629
noname#202629
回答No.1

XXをNewsWeekとすると This article was prepared by NewsWeek editors from staff and other reports. となり、この文章を能動態に直すと NewsWeek editors prepared this article from staff and other reports. になります。と、   ニューズウイークの編集者が、(編集部の)スタッフとその他諸々のレポートから、この記事を作成しました。 ですから「編集者がスタッフとともに」と訳しても問題は無いと思います。

maquia9
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございました。

その他の回答 (1)

• SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.2

これは「内輪」staff、と「XX編集部以外のレポート」 other reports とを列記して、情報源の所在を明らかにし、後になってクレディット(誰の情報がもとで)こういう記事を誰が書いたか、ということが裁判沙汰になった時を予想しているものではないかと思います。  from は staff と、other reports の両方にかかっていますから、「この記事は、内輪で、自社で集めた情報と、外の人が書いたレポートと、二者を纏めて当社の編集者が書いた物である」という意味だと思います。

maquia9
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございました。

関連するQ&A

• 和訳 prepared by

正しい日本語に書き直すことをお願いします(辞書形) The Japanese Constitution was originally written in English and prepared by: "Ruth A. Ellerman, Milton J. Esmon..." 日本の憲法はもともと英語で書かれており、次の人々によって準備された:「Ruth A. Ellerman、Milton J. Esmon ...」※名前を翻訳は必要ではない

• This was done ……この英文はどう訳せばよいでしょうか

QA135 This was done by means of the "Returns", a poem in five books ascribed to Agias or Hegias of Troezen, which begins where the "Sack of Troy" ends. It told of the dispute between Agamemnon and Menelaus, the departure from Troy of Menelaus, the fortunes of the lesser heroes, the return and tragic death of Agamemnon, and the vengeance of Orestes on Aegisthus. 「試し訳」 これは『帰還』という、アギアスかトロイゼンのヘギアスの作とされる五冊の中の一編の詩によってなされて、『トロイの陥落』が終わるところから始まる。アガメムノーンとメネラーオスの口論、メネラーオスのトロイからの離脱、あまり目立たない英雄の運命、アガメムノーンの帰還と悲劇的な死、アエギストスに対するオレストスの復讐を述べている。 質問 (1)次の訳語は正しいでしょうか This was done;為される(書かれた?)  the vengeance of O on A;Aに対するOの復讐  QA136 The story ends with the return home of Menelaus, which brings the general narrative up to the beginning of the "Odyssey". 「試し訳」 この物語はメネラーオスの帰国で終わり、『オデュッセイア』の始まりに向けて 一般的な話を取り上げる。 質問 (1)bring upについて ‘育てる、仕込む、提起する‘の意味があるが、「取り上げる」と訳した。  (2)the general narrativeについて   "Odyssey".の冒険の前触れの話という意味でしょうか *“Cycle”では、『オデュッセイア』の前に『帰還』(ノストイ)が書かれた事になっ ている。

• これはなんと訳せばいいのでしょうか?↓

これはなんと訳せばいいのでしょうか?↓ By from and for what purpose was this city built? 分かる方おねがいします。

• 受動態でのbyとfrom の使い分けがわかりません

下記のように受動態でgivenに対しfromが使われています。 (1)~(3)はto~from いり(1.590.000.000hit)(4)~(5)はtoなし(847.000hit)を例文でググってみました。 ちなみに was given byなら40.300.000hitです。 (1)best award was given to the EuroVideoMapping from Germany. (2) Careful consideration was given to input from staff and families as well as student learning styles. (3)When the captives were brought to Madinah, I was given to a family from Ansar. (4)Oyaki (bun) which was given from our friend convenient as not only between-meals but also side dish. nsknet.or.jp ... research works, the Young Researcher Award was given from Japanese Neural Network Society (JNNS) in [...] 2001, (5)The label showing that this specimen was given from Professor S. Hatta and constructed by a taxidermist A. よくある問題例文で、My uncle gave me this computer.を受動態の形にしなさい。というもので、 (4)I was given this computer by my uncle. (5)I was given this computer from my uncle. もbyでもfrom でもいいと思うのですが、どの参考書もbyのみで答えがのっているのは、なぜでしょうか?なぜfrom だといけないでしょうか?教えてください。 ちなみに自分の考えは以下です。 参考書寄りidea: Iに対してgivenの動作を作用させたbyがmy uncle。 fromを使うなら、その注視はthis computerの出どころをイメージさせるからIの主語と合わない。This computer was given to me from my uncle.にして主語とto~from~を関連させるならfromを使う意味がある。 私の直感: 基本どっちだって使える、Iにfocusしたいか、物にfocusを当てたいかで使い分けたらいい。その人のfeelingでOK. 教えてください。宜しくお願いします。

• 2~3分のスピーチ アドバイスお願いします!

今度夏休みについてのスピーチをすることになりました。 一応自分で考えてみたのですが、文法などおかしい所がありましたら アドバイスください><;; あと、少し短いのでどうしたらいいでしょうか・・ I went to photograph exhibition in this summer vacation. That was memorable day I had in this summer vacation. The photograph exhibition was take place at the Sakae. There was many photograph and many people in this exhibition. This photo exhibition was planned by Fujifilm. More than 100 photos were in there. Most photograph is taken by amateur and other was taken by photographer. I was impressed by beautiful photos.

• 組み込む理由が判りません。

プラスミド・pHT114mutの段階でABCの能力を持ち、 大腸菌に組み込んで、取り出して pHT014に組み込んでpHT016になると ACの能力しか発現しないという流れだと思います。 大腸菌に入れて、出す間に何があるのですか? (論文の該当部分) A HindIII-BamHI fragment containing a region corresponding to the remaining single type III module was prepared from plasmid pHT014. The fragment was subcloned into BamHI- and HindIlldigested vector plasmid pUC119 to give plasmid pHT114mut. Oligonucleotide-directed mutagenesis was performed by the method of Kunkel with the Mutan-K mutagenesis kit. Plasmid pHT114mut was introduced into E. coli BW313, and uracil-containingsingle-stranded DNA was prepared. This DNA was used as a template and hybridized with a synthetic oligonucleotide, 5'-ACCGGAGGTACAGTGACGACAAATCCTGGT-3'. The left half of the oligonucleotide is complementary to the DNA region encoding the C-terminal end of the large N-terminal domain (catalytic domain), and the other half is complementary to the region encoding the N-terminal part of the Cterminal domain. Mutant clones were selected after sequencing by the dideoxy chain termination method of Sanger et al. The HindIII-BamHI segment in plasmid pHT014 was replaced by the HindIII-BamHI fragment prepared from pHT114mut with the desired deletion, giving plasmid pHT016.

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

“Before [the Scott Weiland solo tour this year] there was a lot of other stuff, and you know just going on tour and being 30 minutes late or 40 minutes late on stage. That's the thing, I remember he was an hour and a half late in New Jersey [On May 31, 2008 at the PNC, Filter also played at this show]. [The DeLeo brothers] came from Point Pleasant, New Jersey.”

• 英文を訳して下さい。

At this point the attack was stopped as the Russian Commander-in-Chief had no reinforcements on hand to put into the action apart from 17th Siberian Regiment, which refused to go to battle, this mutiny was supported by several other units from the II and VI Siberian Army Corps, and an augury of things to come in the Russian Revolution. Whilst the mutiny by the Siberian units on the field caused a halt in the Russian battle-plan, the Germans were receiving substantial troop reinforcement from Jelgava, and quickly launched a counter-attack upon the Russian and Latvian positions in their breached defences.

• 日本語訳をお願いいたします。

At 9:00 p.m. on 3 July, the 30th Division occupied Bernafay Wood, losing only six casualties and capturing seventeen prisoners, three field guns and three machine-guns. Patrols moved eastwards, discovered that Trônes Wood was defended by machine-gun detachments and withdrew. Caterpillar Wood was occupied by the 18th Division early on 4 July and reports from the advanced troops of the divisions of XIII Corps and XV Corps, indicated that they were pursuing a beaten enemy. On the night of 4 July, the 18th Division took Marlboro' Wood unopposed but a combined attack by XX Corps and XIII Corps on 7 July, was postponed for 24 hours, after a German counter-attack on Favières Wood in the French area.

• 整序英作文

整序英作文を解いていて解答が破れてないところがありました。 自分で解いてみましたが正解なのかが分かりません。 分かるかた見てもらえませんか? 1.この美しい写真は誰によって取れれましたか? Who()()()()()(). (1)beautiful(2)by(3)picture(4)taken(5)this(6)was 回答 Who was taken this beautiful picture by 2.お互いを助け合うことほど大切なことはない。 Nothin()()()()()() (1)is(2)than(3)each other (4)helping(5)important(6)more 回答 is more important than helping each other