• ベストアンサー

Go wild.

'We've got the local paper on microfiche,' said the woman. She was large, and had silver hoops in her ears. Scarlett could feel her heart pounding in her chest; she was certain she looked guilty or suspicious, but the woman led her into a room with boxes that looked like computer screens, and showed her how to use them, to project a page of the newspaper at a time on to the screen. 'One day we'll have it all digitised,' said the woman. 'Now, what dates are you after?'  'About thirteen or fourteen years ago,' said Scarlett, 'I can't be more specific than that. I'll know it when I see it.'  The woman gave Scarlett a small box with five years' worth of newspapers on microfilm in it. 'Go wild,' she said.  上の文中のGo wild.を翻訳してください.

• 英語
  • 回答数4
  • ありがとう数5

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • litsa1234
  • ベストアンサー率28% (230/795)
回答No.4

>出典を明記していただけると助かります. http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/go_wild です。

greekgift
質問者

お礼

リンクありがとうございます。  恥ずかしながらこんな素晴らしいwiki型辞書があるとは知りませんでした。go nutsでも同じ意味なんですねえ。  結果的に文脈から推測した意味とぴたりと符合しました。

その他の回答 (3)

• tkltk73
  • ベストアンサー率54% (171/315)
回答No.3

「さあ、思いどおりにやりなさい」 疑いの目で見られているのではないかとオドオドしている スカーレットを安心させる意味と、貸し与える資料は自由に 使っていいという意味を込めてこう言ったのではないでしょうか。

greekgift
質問者

お礼

私もtkltk73のおっしゃっている「貸し与える」意味を本文から読み取れました。  ちなみに現時点での私の訳は「お好きなように」です。  もう少し他の御意見も待ってみたいと思います。

• litsa1234
  • ベストアンサー率28% (230/795)
回答No.2

go wild (idiomatic, in the imperative) Go ahead; do as you please used to grant permission for or to give endorsement of a suggestion or proposal, especially when the speaker is not interested in the outcome of the proposal. > 'Go wild,' she said. 「大変ね、さあどうぞ。」と彼女は言ったが内心興味はなかった。

greekgift
質問者

補足

出典を明記していただけると助かります.

• ucok
  • ベストアンサー率37% (4288/11421)
回答No.1

無難な訳は「がんばって」。 でも、それだと作者の意図が活きない可能性があります。 というわけで、この文を見た限りでの話ですが 「じゃ、ガンガン行っちゃって」あたりで。

関連するQ&A

• called her out on it

I've been with "Betty" for 20 years. Last week, a repairman came to fix the phone line. On his way out, Betty followed him and said in a sexy voice, "I like bald-headed men. You come back." Betty didn't know I overheard what she said until I walked in after she had picked up the phone to call her girlfriend. She then told the woman that it probably hurt my feelings. She's right. It hurt my feelings and made me realize she really didn't care one whit about me. When I called her out on it, she claimed she was just being friendly. called her out on itはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• goの使い方

ある問題集に I invited her to go see the movie, but she happened to have seen it. 「私は映画を見に行こうと彼女を誘ったが、偶然、彼女はその映画をすでに見ていた。」 という文が書いてありました。 上記の文で、”go”の用法がわかりません。どなたか教えてください。 ちなみに私が思うに、上の文は ~her to go to see the movie,~ か、 ~her to go and see the movie,~ が正しい文だと思うのですが、どう思いますか。

• 直接話法と間接話法

(1) A Japanese woman explaned: "In Japan, firms usually make women promise to leave thir jobs when they get married. Sometimes the firms demand this in writing." One day, two years ago, she said to her husband, "I am going out to work. I want to have a profession." This seemd to astound her husband. He said to her, " Are you going to turn into a man like me?" (2) A Japanese woman. She explained that in Japan, firms usually make women promise to leave their jobs when they got married. Sometimes the firms demand this in writing. One day, two years ago, she said to her husband about when she goes out to work. she wanted to have a profession. This seemed to astound her husband. He said to her that she want going to turn into a man like him or not. (1)の直接話法の文章を(2)のように間接話法に変えたのですが、ちゃんと間接話法になっているでしょうか?また、この文章の中の伝達動詞は何ですか。教えてくださいお願いします。

• 添削お願いします

朝日新聞の4コマ漫画の描写を英語にして英作文を練習している者です。 次の英文から状況が読み取れるかお聞きしたいです。また、文法間違いや英語表現の間違い(全体的に自信がありません)などご指摘していただけるとありがたいです。 When a woman was just going to make lunch, she found nothing but udon in the fridge. Her mother-in-law said only udon would be enough. However, the woman said it was just one portion. Somehow, her mother-in-low caught the letters on the package, and she said, "It says two portions!" The woman mumbled she would eat two portions. The next moment, her surprised and angry voice rang out in their neighborhood. よろしくお願いします。

• 意味が

Japanese girls are more than women, women, women, women, women, women, girls, women, women It is a woman who has entered a woman who has entered a relationship. Want a rich man, even without love.  a lot of the constant conflicts and quarrels.  If you’re a little bit horny This is my opinion! I looked on the internet about Kyoko Hamaguchi. She practices Judo. In the photo she is big and strong. I really like that Japanese girls differ from the Ukrainian, Russian - character, temperament, calm and loyal, Japanese women are more complaisant than Russian, Ukraine women. Japanese woman, entering into a relationship, marriage with a man (of any nationality), is aimed at cooperation, while the Russian woman, mainly considering the relationship as a benefit, particularly financial. We have a lot of women want a rich man, even without love. a lot of the constant conflicts and quarrels. Russian, Ukraine women love to talk a lot of dirt on their second half, regardless of whether it is the husband or just a gentleman. This is my opinion! I looked on the internet about Kyoko Hamaguchi. She practices Judo. In the photo she is big and strong. 長いですが意味が良くわかりません。 経済力を自国の女は欲しがり、何を言うのですか?私は角質?経済力は大事だと思うのですが。うーん。浜口京子さんは、強くて大きいです。

• 和訳をお願いします!

She said she initiated the project with a nine-years-olds on Jan. 4 1971, to show her students what one million of some-thing looked like. The project continued with subsequent classes over the years. 'What does one million mean ?' one student asked, viewing the complicated project. ' It means a lot.' 宜しくお願いします!

• 翻訳お願い致します(><)!!

Years later, on the family's property in Hyannis Port, Massachusetts, she'll have a little separate place of her own.

• よろしくお願いします

Around two years ago, after I had broken up with my girlfriend, I started going by myself to a live music venue. I started running into a woman I used to know. (Years ago, I had been interested in her, but she had a boyfriend, and I dropped it.) I dropped it.とはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• unless it rains はas long as it doesn't rain と同じか

Unless it rains tomorrow, I'll go on a picnic. の意味は、--ピクニックに行くことになるための唯一の条件は雨が降らないことである。--だと思います。  As long as it doesn't rain, I'll go on a picnic. も全く同じ意味になると思うのですが、どうなのでしょうか。  つまり、Unless it rains tomorrow, I'll go on a picnic.  と As long as it doesn't rain, I'll go on a picnic. が全く同じ内容のものなのかということを知りたいのですが、どなたかよろしくお願いします。

• 急ぎです!!和訳

なるべく急いでいます!! 和訳お願いします。長文ですが、ご協力お願いします(*´・ω・`) なるべく、翻訳機能などで訳したものは避けたいです。 注文多くてすいません...。 ↓ In one afternoon, I learned everything about selling from my father, Walt, at his furniture store in Michigan. I was 12 years ago. I was sweeping the floor when an elderly woman entered the store. I asked Dad if I could wait on her. "Sure," he replied. "May I help you?" "Yes,young man. I bought a sofa from your store and the leg fell off. I want to know when you're going to fix it." "When did you buy it?" "About 10 years ago." I told my father that she thought we were going to fix her old sofa for free. He said to tell her we'd be there that afternoon. After screwing on the new leg,we returned to the store. On the drive home Dad asked, "What's bothering you, son?" "You know that I want to go to college. If we drive around fixing old sofas fr free,we'll go broke!" "You had to learn how to do that repair job anyway. Besides, you missed the most important part. You sisn't notice the store tag when we flipped the sofa over. She bought it from Sears." "You mean we did that job for nothing and she's not even our customer?" Dad looked me in the eye and said, "She is now." Two days later she returned to our store and bought several thousand dollars worth of new furniture from me. When we delivered it, she put a big jar filled with change, singles, fives, tens, twenties, fifties and hundreds on the kitchen table. "Take what you need," she said andleft the room. I've been selling for 30 years since that day. I've been doing good business in every store I have represented because I treat every customer with respect.