• ベストアンサー

和訳して頂けませんか

Though he criticized the judges who gave an American the men's figure skating gold last week, Mr. Putin yesterday waxed philosophic, saying, "Of course we expected more . . . but it's not a reason to lose heart, scatter our heads with ashes and beat ourselves to exhaustion with chains.

noname#155817
noname#155817
  • 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数3

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.2

#1です。間違えたので訂正します。 「プーティンは、先週男子フィギュア戦でアメリカ選手に金を与えた審判員たちを批判しものの、昨日は諦めムードで「もちろん我々はそれ以上(の成果)を期待していた、だからといって落胆したり、頭に灰をまいたり、鎖で我々自身を疲れ果てるまで打つ必要は無い」と言った。  (これいつの話か知りませんけど、先週の水曜日は、 Ash Wednesday 灰の水曜日で、懺悔のしるしに額に灰で十字架を描く習慣がありますから、それに引っ掛けているのかも知れません)灰をかぶったり、鎖で我が身を打つのは、キリスト教のある宗派が行う、慚愧の念や懺悔の表し方です。

noname#155817
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございました。ただただ、脱帽です。

その他の回答 (1)

• SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

「プーティンは、先週男子フィギュア戦でアメリカ選手に金を与えた審番を批判しものの、昨日は諦めムードで「もちろん我々はそれ以上(の成果)を期待していた、だからといって落胆したり、頭に灰をまいたり、腐りを引きずり回して精力を使い果たす必要は無い」と言った。  灰をかぶったり、鎖を引きずるのは、キリスト教のある宗派が行う、慚愧の念や懺悔の表し方です。

関連するQ&A

• 次の文でわからないところがあるんですが。

Armed with the power of science applied to technology, we ourselves, through exhaustion of irreplaceable natural resources, have become our own most formidable enemy. Armed ~technology,の部分がどこにかかるのか、または分詞構文なのか、なんなのかがわかりません。主な形は、we ourselves have become our own most formidable enemy. だと思うんですが。 教えていただきたいです。よろしくお願いします。

• 長文 和訳

こないだテストでだされたんですが和訳した回答を配ってくれませんでした。。。自分の訳があっているか知りたいのでだいたいで良いので和訳できる人がいたらよろしくお願いします。。。 You may wonder why Hawaiians are so eager to maintain their native language. I think the answer is that language is more than just a means of exchanging information. We see the world around us through the window of our language. It enables us to share the history and culture of our people, and so it helps us find our identity. If we lose our language, we lose something of ourselves. Imagine that English has taken the place of the Japanese language here in Japan. What happens to your culture and identity? English is useful for communication in many parts of the world, but your mother tongue is an important part of your identity. In Japan ,too,there is a minority language, just as in Hawaii. The Ainu people have lose much of their language and culture. Today, they are trying to revive their traditions. In this class we are going to study English of course, but I want you to remember that your mother tongue is the most important language in the world. Mahalo for listening. 以上なんですが長文なのでかなり長いです。。。  これでも回答してくれる方お願いいたします。

• さらっと和訳をお願いします。さらっとでOK

I dont say you did not make an effort but the quality overall is much less than i expected. Of course i am not placing my order with you, but i would like to know if you will take it back, since i rarely use sub quality items and unfortunately your pen is one of them. Please give me your address so i can sendit back for full refund.

• Oh no, he didn't

以下はNEW YORK TIMESに一昨日ロシア・プーチン大統領が寄稿した記事に対するCNNの報道記事の一部です。最後の”Oh no, he didn’t!”はどういう意味に取ったらいいでしょうか? Putin ended with a swipe at Obama, with a reference to the Tuesday night address in which the president said that while America can't be a global cop, it ought to act in certain situations. "That's what makes us exceptional," Obama said. "With humility, but with resolve, let us never lose sight of that essential truth." Putin's answer to that? "It is extremely dangerous to encourage people to see themselves as exceptional, whatever the motivation," he wrote. "We are all different," the Russian leader concluded, "but when we ask for the Lord's blessings, we must not forget that God created us equal." The Internet responded with variations on "Oh no, he didn't!"

• 英文で2つ質問です

The ones with more to lose are more likely to lose them. これは、どういう意味なのでしょうか?失うものが多い人は、失いやすいみたいなことでしょうか? 文脈的にはまらない感じがするので、これでよいか教えてください。 ↓は周辺の文です。受験についてです。(placesは定員の空きのことです) He said: "It is not a case of saying that we have more applicants from state schools. Therefore, we must reduce places from independent schools. But if competition goes up, somebody will lose out on places. The ones with more to lose are more likely to lose them." また、↓の文でless than以下は、「(セントヒルダスカレッジの出願の少なさが)古典・生物・化学の2人分の定員に一人以下」と読んでみたのですが、いまいちどういう意味がわかりませんので教えてください。 St Hilda's, Oxford's only all-female college, typically receives far fewer applications than other colleges — less than one for every two places offered in classics, biology or chemistry, for instance — but gains from the university’s allocation of candidates who have expressed no college preference.

• 意味と文法的解説をよろしくお願いします

I was supposed to be getting married this weekend, but 10 days ago my fiancée called it off saying, “It wasn’t right.” This was a huge blow, of course, and I’m still struggling with it. My problem is that once it was announced I was inundated with messages from people asking about their gifts. I get that they want their gifts back, and I’m going to return everything. But I really need some space here just for a few days until I can get to a better place. Is it rude to put out a message on social media just saying that? just saying that?の意味と文法的解説をよろしくお願いします

• 和訳教えてください。

Newspapers can't be first with the news as television and radio are, so they must offer their reader something different. Events must be explained so that results are understandable to the reader. The story of what caused the news must be told. Many newspapers are already preparing to meet this need. Today's front pages explain the news as they report it. During the weekends newspapers are filled with stories of such things as politics and would problems. Reporting the news is not enough in today's fast-moving world. It is not enough for newspapers readers to know what happened. They must also know why it happened and what it will do to their country, their city and themselves. For many years newspapers were only expected to report facts. Readers had to do their own explaining. But most readers did not know enough of what was happening behind the news to be able to explain or understand it. That is why news magazines such as Vision, in Latin America, and others around the world were started. They did the job which most newspapers were not then doing―going behind the news to explain why it happened. Explaining the news is not giving an opinion. It is telling as much as possible about an event to let readers know what caused it. For example, they should know about the downfall of agovernment in Latin America, but should also understand what caused that downfall. Saying only that a government of a South America country has fallen is not enough. It would be better to make readers understand the real problms which caused the collapse. よろしくお願いします。

• 和訳お願いします。 すみません。

(1) I always think of them as being quite different. As for keeping myself dry, there is evidently no one here who can at all appreciate an emotional nature. Fortunately for myself , I don't care. The only thing that sustains one through life is the consciousness of the immense inferiority of everybody else, and this is a feeling that I have always cultivated. (2)But none of you have any hearts. Here you are laughing and making merry just as if the Prince and Princess had not just been married. (3)“Well, really,” wxclaimed a small Fire-balloon, “why not? It is a most joyful occasion, and when I soar up into the air I intend to tell the stars all about it. You will see them twinkle when I talk to them about the pretty bride” (4)“Ah ! what a trivial view of life ! ” said the Rocket: “but it is only what I expected. There is nothing in you; you are hollow and empty. Why, perhaps the Prince and Princess may go to live in a country where there is a deep river, and perhaps they may have one only son, a little fair-haired boy with violet eyes like the Prince himself; and perhaps some day he may go out to walk with his nurse; and perhaps the nurse may go to sleep under a great elder-tree; and perhaps the little boy may fall into the deep river and be drowned. What a terrible misfortune ! Poor people, to lose their only son ! It is really too dreadful ! I shall never get over it.”

• 和訳をお願いします。

What makes some people more susceptible to mugging, bullying, rape and other crimes of interpersonal violence than others? Of course, being elderly and small in stature can go against us : criminals like to concentrate on people who are easy to exploit. They don’t want their “job” to be any more difficult or dangerous than it has to be, and thus look for targets who send out certain signals. What are these signals? In a famous 1984 study, two criminal psychologists, Betty Grayson and Morris Stein, asked prison inmates convicted of violent crimes to watch a video of pedestrians walking down a busy city street. The pedestrians had no idea they were being taped. The researchers then asked the convicts one at a time to identify which people on the tape would make the “best” victims. Grayson and Stein found that the inmates consistently chose the same people, and for the same reasons. And it wasn’t just old people and small women who were chosen; these were often passed over in favor of large men. In fact, race, age, size, and gender had little to do with the selections. Instead, they involved several other factors that indicated to the convicts a sort of “victim mentality”. In an article entitled “Marked for Mayhem” in the February 2009 issue, Psychology today says that criminals assess their victims on several nonverbal signals, including posture, body language, walking speed, and awareness of surroundings. “These cues are what psychologists call ‘precipitators’, personal attributes that increase a person’s likelihood of being victimized”. But the authors, Chuck Hustmyre and jay Dixit, don’t want readers to reach the wrong conclusion. “Whether victims are selected randomly or targeted because of specific characteristics, they bear no responsibility for crimes against them. But by being aware of which cues criminals look for, we reduce the risk of becoming targets ourselves.”

• 和訳お願いします2(長文でもうしわけありません)

A workplace that allows for more overall autonomy — one where shift workers work together to schedule around family needs (without forcing people to lose health care or benefits) and law firms don’t blink at an arrangement that allows a parent to leave in time for pick-up two to three times a week for a year or a decade — may be a distant dream, but it’s far from impossible. To get there, we need more willingness to talk about what works (like The New York Times assistant managing editor Susan Chira’s story of juggling a powerful career in journalism with raising two children) and what doesn’t (Professor Slaughter’s experience with commuting to Washington) and how parents and employers can create career arcs that accommodate family life’s ebbs and flows whether that career is in politics or in retail. Can it really benefit anyone that many hourly workers find flexibility only by quitting, and finding another hourly job when family pressure eases up? Every one of Working Mother magazine’s Best Companies for Hourly Workers 2012 offers at least child-care referrals, and half offer their own back-ups. The real disconnect isn’t between school hours and work hours, or between “having it all” and “staying home.” It’s not between what men and women stereotypically prioritize, or even between people with and without children (as Kate Bolick writes, Single People Deserve Work-Life Balance, Too) or “having a career” versus “having a job.” It’s between what’s really possible, and the choices we’ve given ourselves. A shorter version of this post appeared in print on page D2 of the New York Edition with the headline: If You’re Thinking of Having It All …? ほんとに困ってます。お願いします。