• 締切済み

英作文の質問です

混み合った電車の中で、立っている人もいるのに、2人分の席を占領して平気でいる人を見ると、腹が立つ。 を英文に直すのですが、解答例では I get angry when I see someone occupying two seats on a crowed train,not feeling guilty about it though there are others standing. となっています。 ここで質問なのですが、not feelingの下りはどういう仕組みなのでしょうか。確か、「VしながらV"する」が「SV",Ving」という形があったと思うのですが、だとしたらこのfeelingの主語はsomeoneではなくIになって、おかしなことになりませんか? 私はとんでもない間違いを言っているかもしれません。訂正と回答の方をよろしくお願いします。

• 英語
  • 回答数4
  • ありがとう数1

みんなの回答

noname#114795
noname#114795
回答No.4

>このfeelingの主語はsomeoneではなくIになって、おかしなことになりませんか? そうですよね。英文を解釈する時は、まず意味がどうなっているか理解する必要があります。 「SV",Ving」という形、というように、分詞構文がどうだとか、そちらから攻める習慣はできるだけ止めましょう。 「I get angry when I see ~」で, 「~の状況を見ると(知ると)憤りを感じる」ですね。何を見てか、というと、「someone occupying ~(, not feeling ~)」です。つまり、「二人分の座席を占有している(のを)」見て、です。occupying という動作に、補助的に「not feeling ~」が続いています。 (1)ここで、occupying と not feeling を「並列」と見ることはできますね。その場合は、 >,(コンマ)でなくandでもよいのでしょうか。 and と考えても構いません。二つの動作が重なっていると考えます。 (2)「並列」というよりも、occupying を not feeling で飾っていると考えることもできます。その場合は、「, not feeling」を「with not feeling ~」と置き換えて考えてもよいのです。その場合は「without feeling ~」としましょう。 when 節の中に「,」があっても、あくまで when 節の中です。「,」があるからといって、feeling の主語が I ということにはなりません。

回答No.3

分詞構文と考えてもかまいません。 I see ~という部分に対しての分詞構文でなく,occupying という ing 形の動詞としての部分に「~しながら」と考えることができます。 「罪悪感も感じずに,占領している」というように,occupy という動詞について,副詞的に分詞構文の役割を果たしています。

noname#199598
noname#199598
回答No.2

No.1で回答した者です。... and not feeling...で問題なく通じますよ。

noname#199598
noname#199598
回答No.1

解答例に問題はありません。 I see someone =>occupying... =>not feeling... という感じに、see someone occupying/feelingの関係にあるわけです。分詞構文といわれるものではないのです。

tooooooo
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございます なるほど occupyingとnot feelingが並列というわけでしょうか。 だとしたら,(コンマ)でなくandでもよいのでしょうか。

関連するQ&A

• 英作文の添削をお願いします。

問い:What do you think of using mobile phones in the train? Do you agree or disagree? Put your opinion in English with 50-60words. I disagree with the opinion. it is because using mobile phones in the train may make other people feeling bad. For example, if a man calls someone in mobile phones, other people cannot help hearing the conversation even if they would not like to hear. Thus, I think we should not use sell phones in the train.(57words) 私はその意見に反対です。なぜなら電車内で携帯電話を使うことによって、他の人の気分を害してしまうかもしれないからです。例えば、もしある一人の人が誰かと電話で話していたら、他の人はたとえその話を聞きたくなかったとしても、聞かざるをえません。 よって私は車内で携帯電話を使うべきでないと思います。

• 英作文の添削

今日一日を通して、自分を責める人間でなく、優しく他人にするように接する人間でありたい。 I want to be someone who treats himself kindly as they do to others , not them who beats himself up throughout today . 英作文を作ったのですが、 日本語のニュアンスをちゃんと英語にできているのか自信がなく、 見ていただきたいです。 また、もし、他により良い表現が有れば 教えてください。

• 英作文の添削をお願いします。

大学の二次試験で自由英作文があるのですがなかなかうまく行きません。添削をお願い致します。 テーマは、[携帯電話についてどう思うか]です。 In my opinion, cell phone was enabie us to do many things.Take an example.we can contact other people immediatly when we are late for appointmennt.And we can use it whereever we are.we need not find a public phone.In addition to, we can contact someone I want to talk wherever the person is.But contraryto their good sides,we have bad sides,too.For example,we often see someone calling on train or bus.And we often catch a phone at midnight suddenly.It is very rode and they think nothing but their conveniences.we understand such bose sides and should consider apt time and appropriate place when we use cell phone. 間違いが多いとは思いますが、どうかお願いします。

• 自由英作文添削

自由英作文の添削お願いします 設問:「子供は親の背中を見て育つ」と言う言葉があります。それでは、親というものは子供にどのような「背中」を見せるべきではないと思いますか。また、それ はなぜですか。具体的な例をあげながら70語程度の英語で説明しなさい。 I think parents should not show their children their rudeness to others. It is because , if they see their rudeness every day , they will imitate their attitude. It leads to many ploblems in the society. For example, if they don't look up to the senior , they talk friendly with their boss, and the boss get angry then they may lose their job. It is very terrible. 英語得意なかたお願いします。 出来れば文章の構成方法も教えていただけたら嬉しいです。

• 英作文です。見て頂けると幸いです、よろしくお願いします。

英作文です。見て頂けると幸いです、よろしくお願いします。 I'm glad to hear the story about cell phones. The american cell phone etiquette is not good as far as I hear the story. But I cannot say that the Japanese cell phone etiquette is good. I occasionally take charge of the cash register when working at the bookstore. There is a person who calls with the ckeckout stand also in Japan. Moreover, there are a lot of people who operate the cell phone in the train. However, I have ever not seen the taxi driver that is speaking with the cell phone. The Japanese taxi driver seems to get instructions by wireless. The taxi driver from India and the Middle East might also get instructions with cell phone. However, they talk too much. I want you not to forget it is a service trade. Certainly, the cell phone begins to ring here and there. Then, the cell phone rang though it visited an art museum the other day. There seems to be a problem in manners of the cell phone also in Japan and the United States. When the cell phone is used, it is necessary to worry about other people. No smoking was written. There are a lot of places of no smoking also in Japan. There is a shop that divides the no-smoking zone and the smoking seat, too. As for the cigarette and the cell phone, manners may be defended. ケータイに関する話を聞けてよかった。アメリカのケータイエチケットは、話を聞く限りよくないね。 でも、日本のケータイエチケットも良いとはいえない。書店で働いているとき、私は時折レジを担当する。日本でもレジで電話する人がいます。さらに、電車でケータイを操作する多くの人々がいる。しかしケータイで話しているタクシー運転手は今までみたことがない。日本のタクシー運転手は無線によって指示を得るようです。また、インドと中東のタクシー運転手はケータイで指示を得るのかもしれません。しかし、彼らは話しすぎです。接客業であることを忘れないでほしいと思います。 確かに、ケータイは至る所から鳴り出すね。この間、美術館に行ったんだけど、そ こでもケータイが鳴っていたよ。 日本もアメリカも、ケータイのマナーに問題がありそうだね。 ケータイを使うときは、他の人を気遣わないといけないね。 禁煙について書いていたね。日本でも禁煙の場所は多いよ。禁煙席と喫煙席を 分けているお店もあるよ。たばこも、ケータイも、マナーが守られるとよいね

• 埼玉大学 自由英作文 添削のお願い

埼玉大学の2010年度の問題です。                                                                                                       条件・ 街中等でもし困っている外国人に出会った場合、あなたは、そのひとを助けますか、助けませんか。自分の意見を状況を踏まえつつ述べなさい。 (120~150字以内)                                                                                          I like foreign countries and want to go various countries , but my English                                                                skill is not so a good , so I'm worried about talking to foreigners in English.. Thus, foreigners also                                                               have a problem in japan., so if I find foreigners who seem to have some troubles , I'm willing to                                                                                                                              help them . This is because if someone helps me when I have a problem in foreign countries , I will                                                              be very happy . I have an experience . When I waited a train for arriving in the station , I was                                                                                                                             spokened by a foreigner who seemed to have some trouble. He asked me " Which train would go                                                                                                                             to Tokyo station?" I ansewered the question and he seemed to be happy. thus , I think that                                                               helping each other is very important thing and I con tinue to do that when I come across such                    foreignes.  今年センター試験を受けた者です。添削をお願いできる状況にないのですが、どなたか何かお気づきな点だけでも良いので評価をお願いします。また、初投稿なので見苦しいかとも思いますが何とそお願いします。(127字)

• 先ほどの英語質問の追加お願いいたします。

私が彼にYou mean lot to me? I just want to know your feeling それで、あなたがもし、他の女の子ともデートしているなら、私達はもう会わない方がいいと思うとメールすると、 理解したよ。とメールが返事かあったので、何を理解したの?と返したら I like you and I am not dating with others but But I think it is a difficult situation that we live so far apart Not much opportunity to meet と返事がきました。 私が頑張って続くようなら、もう少しお互いを知りたいです。まだ、デート期間なので。 どう、思われますか?これは彼の優しさで遠回しに断っているんでしょうか?

• 次の英文の訳を教えてください!!

・For the Americans, helping others in need is not a special deed but more a natural action of showing small kindnesses. ・In such a society, all seats on a train would be "silver seats", not just the few seats at the ends of the cars,so that everyone should give up their seats to the elderly passengers. ・Each state holds its own primary elections or caucus meetings in which voters decide who to support at their party's nominating convention. ・All citizens over the age of 18 and registered to vote have aright to vote in his or her state.

• 英作文の添削をお願いします

自由英作文の添削をよろしくお願いします。 テーマ:いじめに対するアドバイス 条件 ・150words以上 ・3パラグラフ構成以上 ・序論・本論・結論が明確であること。 These days, the problem of bulling is often picked up on the TV program. Some students choose to kill themselves because they feel that they have no another choice to solve the problem. Other students ceased to go to school and study at home. Still others rely on their parents and their parents speak to child’s teacher or the principal and ask them to tell bully to stop bulling. In my opinion, the best way for being bullied students to solve the problem is just continuing to go to school. Of course, I can understand that their parents worry about child’s safety. However, if parents tell them not to go to school, students never change their thought. In my experience, I did go to school when I was bullied, even though I wanted to quit the school or kill myself. But now, I think it was a good experience for my long life. Since I had been mentally injured a lot, I got my heart strong and when my friends or people related me are in trouble, I can give them more proper advice than other people who had never been bullied. For this reason, even if you feel miserable or feel like killing yourself now, you should go to school. This makes you stronger and some day it will be a good experience for you. (226 words) 結論が短いため主張が弱いとは思うものの、文章展開の仕方や肉付けがうまくできていませんが アドバイスや指摘などいただけるとありがたいです。 宜しくお願いします。

• 英作文を見ていただけると幸いです、よろしくお願いします。(手紙形式)

英作文を見ていただけると幸いです、よろしくお願いします。(手紙形式) The story concerning the cell phone was able to be heard and it was good. Thank you. When the story is heard, the etiquette of the cell phone in the United States is not good. However, the etiquette of the cell phone in Japan is not necessarily also good. Because I am working at the bookstore, the cash register is occasionally stricken. Even Japan : at accounting. There is a person who is speaking with [ni] and the cell phone. Moreover, there are a lot of people who operate the cell phone in the train. However, the taxi driver that is speaking with the cell phone has not seen up to now. It seems to struggle for the report of work though it talks in the wireless. Do not think that it is too speaking even if the taxi driver from the Middle East is struggling for the report of work to India. I want you not to forget feelings of serving. Certainly, the cell phone begins to ring here and there. Then, the cell phone had rung the other day though it visited an art museum. Also in Japan and the United States, there seems to be a problem for manners of the cell phone. When it is used, only I am regarded that it is necessary to worry about other people. There are a lot of places of no smoking also in Japan though no smoking was written. There is a shop that divides the no-smoking zone and the smoking seat, too. As for the cigarette and the cell phone, manners may be defended. ケータイに関する話を聞けてよかったよ。ありがとう。 アメリカにおけるケータイのエチケットは、話を聞く限りではよくないね。 でも、日本におけるケータイのエチケットも、良いとは言えないんだよ。 私は本屋で働いているから、レジを打つときがあるんだ。日本でも、お会計の時 に、ケータイで話している人はいるよ。また、電車の中でケータイを操作する人はたくさんいるよ。 でも、ケータイで話しているタクシードライバーは今まで見たことがない。無線では喋っているけど、仕事の連絡を取り合っているようだよ。もし、インドと中東出身のタクシードライバーが、仕事の連絡を取りあっていたとしても、それは話しすぎだと思うな。接客の気持ちを忘れないでほしいよね。 確かに、ケータイは至る所から鳴り出すね。先日、美術館に行ったんだけど、そ こでもケータイが鳴っていたよ。 日本もアメリカも、ケータイのマナーに関して問題がありそうだね。それを 使うときは、自分のことだけでなく、他の人を気遣わないといけないと考えるよ 。 禁煙について書いていたけど、日本でも禁煙の場所は多いよ。禁煙席と喫煙席を 分けているお店もあるよ。たばこも、ケータイも、マナーが守られるとよいね