• ベストアンサー

和訳をお願いします。Still pretty hard but,

Still pretty hard but, counting down days now, so, starting to get a bit easier. Just waiting to like to see if they're all right and that when I get letters off them. Never thought a letter could make you feel so good, and it's just amazing, that's why I'm waiting to get them today, cos I just want to feel like that again because it was great. 長文ですいません… 話し手は軍人で、訓練のため家族と離れ離れになっている状態みたいです。この日に手紙が届くってことのようですが、この部分の意味が良く分からないんです。 宜しくお願いしますm(..)m

• 英語
  • 回答数5
  • ありがとう数5

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • ucok
  • ベストアンサー率37% (4288/11421)
回答No.5

#2で回答した者です。 直訳すると 「まだかなりつらいけど、今は日数のカウントダウンに入っているから、少しは楽になり始めている。単に待っているだけ。例えば(何を待っているかというと)、彼らが大丈夫かと確認できることとか、彼らからどのくらい定期的に手紙を受け取れるのかとか。手紙が人をこんなにいい気持にするとは考えたことがなかった。そして、ただただすごい。だから私は今日、それらの手紙を受け取るのを待っている。だって、そのような気持ちに再度なりたいから。なぜなら、それは最高だったから。」 です。 噛み砕くと、 「まだかなりつらいけど、日が近づいてきた分、少しは楽になってきた。単に、みんなが元気か、次に手紙をくれるのはいつ頃になるのか、そんなことを知りたいだけなんだけどね。いやあ、手紙が人をこんなにいい気持にするとは考えてもみなかった。とにかく、あれはすばらしい気分だ。だから今日も手紙を待つ。あの気分をまた味わいたいから。だって最高だったもの。」 です。 日本語でも主語を省略することがありますが、基本的に、文脈から主語が何なのか想像しにくい時には、主語は「私」であると考えるのが自然です。それは日本語でも英語でも同じ。 もしかしたら、「手紙を来る日を指折り数えている」はずなのに、「今日、待っている」のが、あたかも今日届くかのようで、わかりにくかったのでしょうか。たしかに、そこはちょっと「あれ?」と思うところかもしれませんが、話の流れというか「のり」をつかむと「今日は待っているだけ」なのだとわかります。特に、質問者さんとしては、家族の手紙を待っているということまでわかっているのなら、その手紙は「一通」であると考えるのが自然ですよね。ということは、「letters」や「them」のような複数形は「今後、何度かにわたって届くであろう、何通かの手紙」なのであって、「特定な日に届く、次回の手紙」ではないと考えるのが自然なのです。こういうことは、多くの英文を読み慣れると、わかってくることです。 また、質問者さんは「話し手は軍人で、訓練のため家族と離れ離れになっている状態」だということまでわかっているのですから、そういう話し手の身になってみると、英語がわかりにくくても、この英文の中身はだいたい想像つくと思うのですよ。例えば、毎日あたりまえのようにメールを交換している相手と、何らかの事情でメール交換ができないと、こんな気持ちになるんじゃないかと思います。 理屈はわきに置いて、その世界に入り込んでみてください。

chinotto
質問者

お礼

ようやく理解出来ました! もっと想像力を豊かにしないとダメですね…  詳しい説明ありがとうございました(*^_^*)

その他の回答 (4)

回答No.4

話の内容から文章を見て行った時に、(The training is) still pretty hard but, (I'm) counting downs days now, と、書いた人が主語を省略しているというのがわかったので、Never thought...の文も、(I) Never thought (that) a letter could make you feel so good と( )内が省略されているんだなと思ったんですが(thatはもともとなくてもいいんですが)、それ以外で判断できるのは、thought と過去形になっていることです。もし、「決して~と考えてはいけない」だと Never think...と現在形になるでしょうね。 それから、a letter could make you feel so good と、you を使っていますが、ここでは直接「あなた」を指していっているわけではなく、あなたも含めて一般の人を言っています。

chinotto
質問者

お礼

なるほど。英語も主語ってあまり省略されないと思っていました… 思い込みって怖いですね(;^_^A) 凄くためになりました!ありがとうございます。

回答No.3

こんにちは。文の主語など省略されているところがいくつかあるので、一見わかりにくいかもしれませんが、話の内容から主語を補うと、 「(訓練は)まだかなりハードだが、今は(帰る日までの日数を)カウントダウンしているので、少しずつ楽になってきた。手紙を家族に送る時に、みんなが大丈夫かというのを知りたいというのをただ待ち望んでいる。(自分は)手紙がこんなにいいものだと思わなかったし、驚くほどすばらしいものだ。だから、今日手紙が届くのを待っている、というのはまた(手紙というものが)すばらしいことをただ実感したいからだ」 2番目の文章がちょっと訳しにくかったのですが、全体はこういう感じでしょうか。

chinotto
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございます! 色々、略されてる箇所があるんですね。 Never thought a letterが主語でネガティブな意味だと思ってました。判断するポイントってありますか??

• ucok
  • ベストアンサー率37% (4288/11421)
回答No.2

質問者さんがお書きになっているように、手紙が届く日を待っているわけですよね。もじどおり「まだ、かなり、つらい、しかし」です。大切な家族の手紙を待ちきれないわけなので、当然つらい。しかし「counting down days now, so, starting to get a bit easier」ではある。だから「easier」だけど「まだ」かなりつらい。わかりにくいですか?

chinotto
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございます! えっと… 難しいですね(;^_^A ) 話し手が後半何が言いたいのか良く分からないんです…

noname#102281
noname#102281
回答No.1

まだすこしハードだが、今日にちを数えている。小銭をもらうのはかんたんだ。私が手紙を出すとき楽しみにしていてくれればいいが。 決して手紙を読んで安心しないで欲しい。そして君たちが今日手紙を受け取るのは不思議なことなのだ。 何故ならそれがすばらしいことで、私はただ試したいだけなのだ。 たぶんこのヒトは軍事的に切手を買ったりする余裕もなく、 軍事郵便だから、元気ですと書いてあっても(いつ届くかわからないから)信用しないでくださいと、そういう意味だと思います。

chinotto
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございます! 助かりました。

関連するQ&A

• 和訳をお願いします

長文で申し訳ありませんが、 よろしくお願いします I'm very flattered to know that you think like that for me?️! My friends & sisters are really very kind to me! I'm just returning those kindness to them by being a good friend & co-workers also ! And Im so happy that you feel their concern it for me.?️ Actually some of them started to practice for the showtime even I'm not present! They really looking forward for my fast recovery . Once again...thank you! よろしくお願いします

• 会話文なんですが和訳お願いします。

You know, I had the hour-long conversation why I wasn't gonna do this, one thing that they said, this is, you don't do them so you don't realize that they can actually be entertaining and yet informative and comfortable. and I said, well, all right, and I always feel comfortable with you, so that's. インタビューに答えてる状況なんですがthisやthemが一体何を指し示してるのかがわかりません、、、 宜しくお願いします。

• 和訳をよろしくお願いします

I am a therapist who does home-based counseling with very poor people with very complicated and difficult issues. The problem is that I really feel like I am the blind leading the blind. Many of my clients tell me that I help them tremendously, and my entire case load has followed me from one agency to another, so I do feel like I am effective in my job in many ways. I really feel like I am the blind leading the blindとmy entire case load has followed me from one agency to another, の和訳をよろしくお願いします

• 和訳をよろしくお願いします

Dear Annie: After reading the letters from "Tired of the Tips" and "Yes, I Have Tried Excedrin," who suffer from migraines and don't want to hear any more "helpful tips" from well-meaning friends, I'd like to offer another point of view. I, too, suffer from migraines, and I occasionally receive "new medical information" from friends. Though it's never actually been helpful as far as relieving my migraine pain goes, I appreciate that these people are showing concern for my well-being. I wouldn't want them to get the impression (which they might get from the aforementioned letters) that they deserve ridicule for their thoughtfulness. -- Another Migraine Sufferer Dear Another Migraine Sufferer: The intention was not to ridicule so much as to point out that unsolicited advice, however well-intentioned, can rub the recipient the wrong way, especially regarding health issues. The intention was not to ridicule so much as to point out that unsolicited advice, however well-intentioned, can rub the recipient the wrong way, の和訳をよろしくお願いします(not~so much asがわかりにくいです)

• 歌詞の和訳をお願いします。

参考)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5TqIdff_DQ この歌にぴったりくる和訳をお願いします。 『 James Brown - I Feel Good 』 I feel good, I knew that I would, now I feel good, I knew that I would, now So good, so good, I got you I feel nice, like sugar and spice I feel nice, like sugar and spice So nice, so nice, I got you When I hold you in my arms I know that I can't do no wrong And when I hold you in my arms My love won't do you no harm

• 和訳お願いいたします。

And from time to time I take a quick look at your picture .. It's the first time I bought chocolates from that shop ... I hope you like them. sigh ... I can't get enough of you ...

• 和訳して頂けませんか?

Just thinkin bout ya! I hope your safe and having fun!! I wanted to ask you that when ever you wanted to get rid of any of your wardrobe if I can buy them before you toss them!!Is that weird Lol!!?? I absolutely love your style of dress and jm tired of sweats! Lol!! i deserve better! So I am saving to do so! So please em remember meeee Keikoi!! Lol! Thank youuuu! Miss ya sis!

• 和訳をお願いします。

下記の文章を和訳していただきたいです。よろしくお願いいたします。 I Pray to God. that he makes me feel alright Hope He gets me through this one more night. I Pray to God. He's like one too many drinks And my intuition starts to sink. It's like ba-da-da-da-da-da your shadows.they follow and they're hauntingme where'd you go? This hollow soul is lonely I'm on my knees. begging pretty please I'm so love drunk. stupid off these memories Mother Mary.please.have mercy over me tha sun came up.and I can't believe you're over me When I'm hungover you I swear to God.that I won't do this again I've already wasted all my sins I swear to God.I'm so sick of what you do But I'll never get enough of you

• 和訳をお願いします。

和訳をお願いします。 「What do people most often criticize about you? -There's no on-going criticism. I'm open to personal and professional growth and welcom the opportunity to improve.」 「I am committed to this company and its advancement so, should I not be selected, I will work with and support whoever might get selected. However, I do feel that my experience in the department and with the team would make me the best candidate.」 どなたか、お願い致します。

• 英語が得意な方、和訳お願いします!

英語が得意な方、和訳して下さると助かります。 baby in a few more days we get to see each other. i know how it is to have hard times and how important it is to have a great support system so you wont let it slow you down or bring your feelings down. i know your friends are there for you when you need them but there are situations where you need to handle on your own. i want to always learn how to change your mind and help your feel positive in your life. i want you to feel like you are growing all the time. i know that what is not growing is dying and when you feel like that you can't help but wonder what is the meaning of your life? when you feel like you are growing, you never want to die; you just want to live forever. feel like yelling out "i love my life" . that is what i hope i could be for you. make you feel and scream out " i love me life". i wont give up on you! i just want you to know that! with or without me i only want you to be happy!!! 長文でお手数おかけしますが、宜しくお願いします。。