• ベストアンサー

~してしまうような~をする、の英訳

私は恋人に、気取ったあの若い青年が思わず(私の)彼に嫉妬してしまうような熱いキスを(見せつけるかのごとく)する。 という文の英訳をしたいのですが、うまくいきません。ご添削お願いします。 I kiss my boyfriend such hot as an affected young man can't help being jealous of him. よろしくお願いします。

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数5

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • ohboy729
  • ベストアンサー率41% (244/589)
回答No.1

元の日本語は字数こそ違いますが、まるで短歌のようで面白いですね。 原文の手直しくらいで書きました。参考になればよいのですが。 I kiss my boyfriend so passionately as if to make/drive that bigheaded young man jealous of us. (私はまるであの気取った青年が私達に嫉妬するようにしむけるがごとく恋人に情熱的なキスをする) [ as if to 不定詞 ] は「まるで、あたかも-するかのように」という意味で She talks me down as if to say I'm nothing. (彼女はあたかも私が取るに足らぬやつだと言わんばかりにまくしたててしゃべる) のような使い方です。 [make/drive +人+感情を表す形容詞 ]は「そういう心理状態にする、追い込む」の意味で [make/drive that bigheaded young man jealous]で「あの気取った若者を嫉妬させる」となります。 affected young man は僕の不勉強のせいでしょうか「病気にかかった、感染した若者」というイメージが 強かったのでbigheadedにしました。 それにしても「気取った(奴)」というボキャブラリーが僕には乏しかったことに気づいて少しがっかりしているところです。(笑) of him をof us に代えたのはhimがどちらの男を指してるのかが判然としないような気がしたからです。

nananaa
質問者

お礼

詳細なご説明ありがとうございます。make 人 形容詞の組み合わせは使い勝手がいいですね。非常に勉強になります。

その他の回答 (1)

回答No.2

conceitedのほうがいいかも? っていうことで I kiss my boyfriend pationately as if that conceited young man can not help being jealous of him. でどうでしょうか?

nananaa
質問者

お礼

conceited、思いあがった、というのは実にいいですね。気取った雰囲気がでていると思います。ご回答ありがとうございます。

関連するQ&A

• 英訳お願いします。

英訳お願いします。 ちなみに仮定法です。 1. A man of sense would not do such a thing. (~of sense 分別ある~) 2.Without his help, I could not have finished the job easily. 3.To hear him talk, you'd take him for an American. (To hear~=If you) 4.It is high time you went to school. 5.Not even the most imaginative people could have foreseen the computer age and spece travel.

• 英訳:代名詞の使い方について

日本人のなかには、街で外国人に会うとすぐ英語で話しかける人が多いし、また、外国人に対しては英語で話すべきだと考えている人も多い。そのような人たちは、日本の大学生は外国人に英語で道を教えることもできないと嘆いたりする。それよりも、外国人に話す機会があったら日本語で話し、そのうえでもし英語ができたら英語で話せばいいと思う。 この英訳なんですが、合っているかどうか添削お願いします。特に,oneとかhimとかの代名詞の使い方が合っているかどうかが知りたいです。 There are many Japanese who speak to a foreigner in English as soon as they see him and there are also many Japanese who think they should talk to one in English. Such people complain that Japanese college students can't even tell one the way. Instead, if we have a chance to talk to one, we should talk in Japanese and then , talk in English if we can.

• 英訳添削:あの青年に、この張飛の頭を自然に下げさせる威厳が備わっていたのか。

こんにちは、いつもお世話になります。 英語の勉強の為に、柴錬三国志 「英雄ここにあり」を英訳しています。 背景:黄巾の乱の最中、張飛と劉備は出会う。その当時まだ、蓆売りでしかった劉備と会話するうちに何故か頭を下げてしまった張飛。自分でも理解できずにしきりに首をかしげる。その時の心理描写。 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~三国志 英雄ここにあり~~~~~~~ あの青年に、この張飛の頭を自然に下げさせる威厳が備わっていたのか。 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ この英訳に悩んでいます。  Could it be that young man? Did his dignity lead me to bow naturally? どうも、「そなわっている」だとか、難しい表現が多くて自信がありません。添削よろしくお願い致します。 ちなみに、その後は、 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ それとも、自分が、うっかり、頭を下げてしまったのか。 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ と続きます。(ここは、簡単な文なので質問しません。)

• 和訳をよろしくお願いします

I’ve been dating my boyfriend for nine months, and he’s kind, gentle, and thoughtful. But last week I had an experience that has given me pause. My apartment building has been hit by burglars several times over the past few months. Last week, my boyfriend and I came home and were surprised by a burglar coming out of my apartment door. My boyfriend confronted him, and the burglar charged at him—whether to push past or attack, it’s hard to say. My boyfriend quickly subdued the burglar and told me to call 9-1-1. Here’s where it gets disturbing. He very calmly told the burglar, “Now it’s time for you to learn your lesson.” And he proceeded to beat the man unconscious, deaf to my protests that he should stop. My boyfriend handled the police (I didn’t contradict him) such that they were ready to pin a medal on him. My boyfriend handled the police such that they were ready to pin a medal on him.の和訳をよろしくお願いします

• 和訳を教えてください。

アメリカでの刑務所と厳罰化がうみだす矛盾についての文章の一部です。 Young man of an earlier generation were shamed by the label "jailbird." But in some communities, being locked up is such a commonplace event that hardly anyone takes notice of it. We're fast approaching the point at which it's the odd young man who hasn't been locked up --- or who has any respect for the criminal justice system. We're fast approaching 以下をうまく訳すことができません。どなたか良いアドバイスをおねがいします。 それと at which は the point にかかっているのでしょうか? すぐ後にit's と続くのが良く分りません。  このことについても教えていただけると とてもありがたいです。 よろしくお願いします。

• 英訳 もらいたい派

いつもありがとうございます。 長くなり、申し訳ございません。 お手数おかけいたしみますが、英訳の添削をお願いできませんでしょうか。 和文 1.一つ聞いていい?   May I ask you one thing? May I ask you something? 2.お誕生日にプレゼントをもらいたい派?それとも、もらいたくない派? Are you an person want a present for Happy birthday? Or an person don't want? 3.私、お誕生日にプレゼントがほしい人じゃないの。  私のお誕生日を覚えていてくれて、「お誕生日だね、おめでとう」って言ってくれるのが1番のお誕生日プレゼントなの・ あとは、何もいらない。その言葉で1年間がんばれるの。   I'm not an person want a present for Happy birthday. Being said" It's your happy birthday, isn't it? Happy Birthday" is the best present for me. I don't need anything except it. Only the word makes me ganbaru for 1 year. 4.あなたは何かほしいものがある? Is there anything you want? 5.そういえば、お誕生日は4月だっけ?   お誕生日おめでとうって、お祝いの言葉を言いたいから。  Well, Your birthday is April? Because I want to say words of congratulation "Happy Birthday" ※遠距離恋愛の彼を想定しています。

• 英訳の添削お願いします

英訳の添削おねがいします。 きのう学校でマラソン大会がありました。 We [ held a marathon meet ] in our school yesterday. 健二はインフルエンザにかかったので参加しませんでした Kenji [ didn't take part ] in it because he [ had had the flu ]. お母さんの話によると、2,3日間ずっと熱があった His mother said that he [ had had a ferver for two or three days ] . きょう健二に電話をしたら、一生懸命練習したのにレースに参加できなかったことをとても残念がっていました When I called him today, he was very sorry that he [ didn't take part in the race ] though he [ had paracticed very hard ]. 今までにこれほどの高熱を経験したことはなかったと彼は言いました。 He said that he [ had never experienced such a ferver ].

• 英訳お願いします。

英訳お願いします。私は彼がいますが、好きな人ができてしまいました。 でも素直にはなれず、喧嘩しました。怒っているのかニュアンスがわかりません。 どなたか訳してもらえますか? 女:i know i was being selfish last night when you are busy 男:No your not being selfish i just think its not good idea 女:what is mean 男:im sorry though i know you want to see me i just dont think it is good idea 女:why? 男:i think you deserve more then i can offer 女:??? 男:i know you want boyfriend and right now i cannot have girlfriend so i think maybe you should find someone else 女:i usually dont need boyfriend..you dont know me well.i like just fun and something like that..you dont know me..im maybe not good person 男:by your text messeges you give off a different vibe 女:you dont know me really... 女:i dont need boyfriend..so i just told you i dont like something is such a hassle i like just fun 男:you just text me way too much making me think you are looking for boyfriend 女:im soorry i have boyfriend 4years..so idont need boyfriend..you asked me before..JK is your boyfriend? its true.do you know me? 男:haha i knew it and you told me no. i should just trust my instincts 女:then you never asked me..sorry 男:yea its ok idont care about that as long as you dont get too attached 女:next month he is going trip..so..still i wanna see you ..its true 男:sounds like trouble to me ..does he know? 女:no! he doesnt care me.he doesnt try to know about me. anyway you dont care about me right? 男:still sounds like too much drama for me 女:why too much drama? you told me you dont care..you dont need girlfriend i dont need boyfriend.. 男:yea i dont but i dont really care to get involved either... its just too much right now . 女:?? you dont be involved...what? 男:im done. 女:i dont know what you want to say..you dont like 'i want you' but i didnt tell you that 男:your situation is too complicated for me i just dont wanna get involved with you 女:i dont know..never mind its not problem.what do you want to say? i mean to say that you want me to tell you.. 男:yea..then ill be clear about it you should probably find someone else 女:is it okay i will break up him right now? and i dont need boyfrien im free! its okay???!! 男:No thats not the point.. 女:someone? no need. Tell me really want you want to say ! it was better that i didnt tell you true things.. if i tell you whatever..you will be mad.. 男:i dont want to hang out anymore. im not mad..im just done 女:im just done too.

• 英訳お願いします。長くて申し訳ありません

長くて申し訳ございませんが、英訳おねがいします。ニュアンスがわかりません 英訳お願いします。私は彼がいますが、好きな人ができてしまいました。 でも素直にはなれず、喧嘩しました。怒っているのかニュアンスがわかりません。 どなたか訳してもらえますか? 女:i know i was being selfish last night when you are busy 男:No your not being selfish i just think its not good idea 女:what is mean 男:im sorry though i know you want to see me i just dont think it is good idea 女:why? 男:i think you deserve more then i can offer 女:??? 男:i know you want boyfriend and right now i cannot have girlfriend so i think maybe you should find someone else 女:i usually dont need boyfriend..you dont know me well.i like just fun and something like that..you dont know me..im maybe not good person 男:by your text messeges you give off a different vibe 女:you dont know me really... 女:i dont need boyfriend..so i just told you i dont like something is such a hassle i like just fun 男:you just text me way too much making me think you are looking for boyfriend 女:im soorry i have boyfriend 4years..so idont need boyfriend..you asked me before..JK is your boyfriend? its true.do you know me? 男:haha i knew it and you told me no. i should just trust my instincts 女:then you never asked me..sorry 男:yea its ok idont care about that as long as you dont get too attached 女:next month he is going trip..so..still i wanna see you ..its true 男:sounds like trouble to me ..does he know? 女:no! he doesnt care me.he doesnt try to know about me. anyway you dont care about me right? 男:still sounds like too much drama for me 女:why too much drama? you told me you dont care..you dont need girlfriend i dont need boyfriend.. 男:yea i dont but i dont really care to get involved either... its just too much right now . im done 女:i dont know what you want to say..you dont like 'i want you' but i didnt tell you that 男:your situation is too complicated for me i just dont wanna get involved with you 女:i dont know.. i mean to say that you want me to tell you..so. is it okay i will break up him right now? and i dont need boyfrien im free! its okay???!! 男:No thats not the point..yea..then ill be clear about it you should probably find someone else 女:Tell me really want you want to say ! it was better that i didnt tell you true things.. if i tell you whatever..you will be mad.. 男:i dont want to hang out anymore. im not mad..im just done 女:im just done too.

• 英訳:居眠り狂四郎、名セリフ。

こんにちは、知る人ぞしる、稀代の名作家、斉藤錬三郎先生(柴田錬三郎ではない。)の文章を英語修行の為、英訳しています。 なかなか原文にある躍動感や、ニヒルさが英訳文に匂わせることができません。 原文: 凡そこの世でめでたきことに対する予感はいまだ一度も覚えたことはないが、生半可なド素人共を見抜く六感を研ぎ澄ましては居る。先ずそういう奴らには相手から斬り掛からせるにしかず,その構えと一太刀でお見通し。きゃつは畢竟人一倍我欲の旺盛な男だろうて、笑止千万片腹痛しとは言い得て妙。生涯金を蓄える術と名誉欲とは無縁のわたしはそういう男とは反り合わぬな。 拙訳: I have never seen an auspicious sign of worldly pleasure, nor have I ever interested in. Nonetheless, I have trained to find out persons' style by sensing their vibration. Without seeing their move, but with half an eye. After all, what a laugh, what a joke, he is a man of greed and pride. There's no way guy like him could go along with me who has never interested in fame and learning to accumulate wealth. 英語の達人のお手翻訳や、拙の英訳の添削をしていただけますでしょうか。 よろしくお願い致します。