• 締切済み

英語のエッセイを読んでいて訳せない文があります

英語のエッセイを読んでいて訳せない文があります。 英文は以下のとおりです。 I was then,too,somuch an enemy to all constractions,that my masters could never prevail on me,by any persuasions or encouragements,to learn without book the common reles of grammar,in which they dispensed with me alone ,because they found I made a shift to do the usual exercises out of my own reading and observation. という文章です。 全体の訳もわからないのですが、特に分からない部分を箇条書きにします。 (1)I was then,too,somuch an enemy to all constractions,の後半 to all constractionのtoはas(~という)に置き換えてみて訳したほうがいいのでしょうか? (2)by any persuasions or encouragements,to learn without book the common reles of grammar, 先頭のbyの訳し方は「~によって」?ですかね・・・。教えてください (3)in which they dispensed with me alone , in which の in は入らないような気がします。(その語の文のどの部分に入るのか分からないので) そこの文法的な役割も教えていただきたいです。 以外にも前置詞が英文では、重要ということに気づきました。 どなたかお力添えをよろしくお願いします。

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数0

みんなの回答

• bakansky
  • ベストアンサー率48% (3502/7245)
回答No.1

取り敢えず、意味を取るために、全体を直訳してみました。 なお、文中の somuch は so much に、constractions は constructions に、reles は rules に、それぞれ置き換えて読みました。  「私はまた、あらゆる構文を損ねる者だったが、私の主人たちは、私を説得したり激励したりして、文法の共通規則を書物以外から学ぶようにと、私を説き伏せることが出来なかったので、私を放っておいた。というのも、私が自分の読書と観察からどうにか通常の学習をやっているということに気づいたからである。」 1) to all constraction の to は、直前の an enemy to ~ という表現に伴う to であって、as と置き換えることは不可。 2) by any persuasions or encouragements の冒頭の by は、手段・方法を表す by だと思います。 3) in がなければ、「何について」私を放っておいてくれたのか、ということが不明な文になるのでは? 文法は良く分らないですが、辞書を見ると、この which は、「非制限的用法」というのに相当するのではないかと思います。

関連するQ&A

• 英語でエッセイを書いてみたんですが・・・

1000文字程度(全然足りていないのですが)のエッセイ の課題課題が出て一応は取り組んでみて提出したのですが。 翌日に先生から返却される際、後で話があるといわれました・・ そして授業後に話してみると、ひどい英文、文法がダメなど ボロボロに言われてしまいいました。 そこで手直しをしてみようとしたのですが、どこの文法が ダメなのか分らないし、文章の構成もすべて注意されてしまった ので英語がとことん苦手な私にはどうすればよいか分りません。 そのため、下手でどうしようもない英文の明らかに誤っている 文法。また、こうしたほうがもっと良くなるなどのアドバイス を頂けないでしょうか。本当によろしくお願いします。 (文字制限によりIntroductionとconcludionは削っています。)       People Need Reading  The first reason to support is you can learn many words by reading. You sometimes find incomprehensible word when you are reading. At such time, if you look up words in a dictionary and examine the words of meaning, you can know and learn many words. Moreover, the increase of vocabulary leads to the increase in the thought because thinking is an act of doing by using words. When thinking alone, act of thinking used by generally using words so the idea cannot help coarsening naturally if the vocabulary power is scarce. In brief, the richness of vocabulary supports your thought. In addition, the kind of colloquial expression was limited. Only if you spend a daily life, you do not need to use a difficult word. However, if it thinks only using by the spoken language in the daily life, your thought becomes simple by all means. If the expressed word is simple, the content of ideas becomes simple too. In contrast, feelings and thinking are become complex if you knowing many words. In the written language, there is a variation without in the spoken language. In a word, reading is the best possible method to know many words.  A second reason to support is the great deal of knowledge can be acquired by reading. A lot of things that I have not known up to now are written in books and I am impressed every time obtained the new knowledge. For instance, people learn a new matter by reading newspaper and journal. For one thing, you can know about the place where you have not gone if you read about the place such as preparation of the school excursion when you were such a student. Furthermore, the ability for communication improves when knowledge increases, because you show provided got the new knowledge for friends and it can share with each other. In addition, generally speaking people want to know it more deeply by getting new knowledge. Reading books broadens your knowledge and allows you to encounter things of great beauty more frequently, thereby making you a different person from who you were before starting to read books. In other words it is the best means to read the book to get a new knowledge.  The final reason to support people can know what the happiness at private time. Quiet time of one is develops the person. Of course, you can develop your personality throughout pleasant communication with people, but it is also necessary for personality development to have a quiet alone time to reflect on yourself. Happy in vague time while listening to music alone but then reading accompanies a constant mental tension. At the same time this moderate tension gives birth to the sense of fulfillment. Moreover, reading is not by oneself it looks like oneself though because it is time of two people with the author. Next, there is no pressure because the author is not before your eyes but book tell you deeply and quietly. Besides time to taste on one’s own that superior person chose the word. So the person grows up more by spending this time. In fact the person of the bookworm knows the richness of this time to read alone.  

• 英語のエッセイで困っています。

このようなエッセイを大学の課題で作成しました。内容はともかく、文法の間違い、意味が通じない等ございましたら、訂正、指摘お願いいたします。 The fragrance of the trees evokes hometown. I come back hometown once a year. There are some differences between hometown I used to live in and the city I live in now, for example, population, air, scene, and so on. There is something the most different between the two. It is the fragrance. Fragrance is closely connected with memory. This fact was discovered in the past. It is called "Involuntary memory". It is a conception of human memory in which cues encountered in life evoke recollections of the past without conscious effort. Involuntary memory is a concept made famous by the writer Marcel Proust in his novel "In Serch of Lost Time", although the idea was also developed in his earlier writings. In this connection, It is called " Proust effect", too. For example, when you feel the fragrance of a detergent, you probably remember that you had a good time with your mother. Even if I live separated from my hometown, when I feel the fragrance of the trees from my desk or my pencil around me, the fragrance calls up the memory of hometown. I enjoy my reminiscences of childhood. There are many memories. The impression I got from that occasion remains vivid. Tears come to my eyes when I think of those days. I neglected my studies and spends my time having fun. The scent of the trees wafted itself around the playground every day. By the way, in the city, is there no scent which recalls past life? Of course, I can feel much fragrance there. However, the fragrance in the city, for instance, exhaust gas or concrete, don't make a vivid impression on me. The fragrance in the country seems to be more deeply impressed on me rather than that in the city. Furthermore, in my opinion, The fragrance in hometown is the scent which I sniffed in childhood. In short,that is the first experience. So this scense seemes to be deeply engraved on my mind for a long time. Thus, the fragrance of the trees evokes my life in childhood. It is very happy to remember the memories in hometown. Recently,however, the trees are leveled to make way for the land development in hometown. So when I came back to hometown before, the scent of the trees is almost disappeared. And playground changed into a residential area five years ago. Mountains which I would often climb in summer vacation are likely to be destroyed to build a golf course. "What fragrance evoke your hometown ?" Maybe you don't know how to reply when asked something like that out of the blue. I think it is natural. But someone who is alive 100 years later may answer like this. "The fragrance of the concrete and plastic"

• 英語のエッセイを見ていただけませんか?

I would like to discuss the differences between day schools and bording schools. This essay will demonstrate how much bording schools take some of the advantes. First, boring schools can develop their independence. In day schools students leanr as they are said from parents or their teachers. However, in boading schools asigh each of them what they have to do in their dairy life, and they have to cooperate with each other and live their life. Separating from parents, they can gain a agreat deal of things . Second, Certainly, the time spending their dairy life with parents may reduce more than day schools, but to obtain and learn their responsibilitise is one of the greatest thing.. If they don't have their responsibility, they won't obtain the independence. Third, if you live in thier house with parents and talk to them, they can learn how they get money and what the life is. However, there is no oppotunity and possibility of thinking those things on their own. Spending their time except for parents, they can realize that they need social skills before they work in the world. For these reasons, this essay must have demonstrated that boading schools are wiser choice than day schools . (考えたことです)敬省略します。 序論 全寮制学校について論じたい。そして、いかに全寮制学校が良いのかについてお話したい。 本論 まずはじめに、全寮制学校では、自立を育てることができる。全日制学校では先生や親から言われた通りのことをする。でも、全寮制では一人一人役割分担が決められ、みんなで協力して生活をする。親から離れることで得るものはとても大きいはず。 第2に、確かに、全日制より全寮制は家族と過ごす時間がとても減ってしまう。しかし、責任感を学べるのも全寮制のよいところ。責任感がなければ、自立の心も生まれないはず。 第3に、親と話していれば、人生とは、お金を稼ぐとはどういうものなのかを学ぶことができる。しかし、自分だけで考える機会はなかなか持てない。家族以外と話しをすることで社交性を必要と、自分で気づけるようになる。 以上のことから、全寮制の方が良いといえる、と証明されたはずだ。 1、文法、単語、表現力など足りないのが痛感しています。何が、どんなことが足りないのでしょうか? 2どのような学習、取り組み、参考書をしていけばよいのでしょうか? エッセイの磨き方などをご存知でしょうか? 3英検1級のエッセイでは何分で書くように求められるのですか?8分でしょうか? 本当に厳しくお願いします。それしか願いません。

• 急いでます!!!英語です(;;)

以下のどの英文でもいいので、英語で文法的に説明してください!お願いします(;;) 本当に困ってます。。 They seemed pleased with the news and told me they'd be ready. I heard her mother ask in the background, "Why does he want to bring all those friends, anyway?" What am I supposed to say to all of them? ”Six people will be coming by with me next Monday to visit with you, can you be here?" They seemed pleased with the news and told me they'd be ready.

• この英語はあっていますか・・・?

自分で書いた文章なのですが、合っているかわからないので 間違っていたらご指摘お願いいたします><! However, English is not the one in one country alone. In fact, this English is used all over the world. But, the opportunity to meet British English is of rare occurrence to me when I'm in Japan. In addition, I suffer inconvenience from I can’t understand British English. --------------------------------------------------------------- It is to understand British’s culture. But, the opportunity to meet British English is of rare occurrence to me when I'm in Japan. Even if I am the international class, the chance to meet British culture is of rare to me. It can be recognized that there is a different culture. But, if this goes on I may end to live without learning other culture in the culture of Japan.

• 英文和訳お願い致します!長文ですが分かる方いましたらよろしくお願い致し

英文和訳お願い致します!長文ですが分かる方いましたらよろしくお願い致します><; Thus far, we have argued that the language faculty incorporates , a set of universal principles which guide the child in acquiring a grammar. However, it clearly cannot be the case that all aspects of the grammar of language are universal; if this were so, all natural language grammars would be the same and there would be no grammatical learning involved in language acquisition (i.e. no need for children to learn anything about the grammar of sentences in the language they are acquiring ), only lexical learning(viz. learning the lexical items/words in the language and their idiosyncratic linguistic properties, e.g. whether a given item has an irregular plural or past-tense form). But although there are universal principles which determine the broad outlines of the grammar of natural languages, there also seem to be language-particular aspects of grammar which children have to learn as part of the task of acquiring their native language. Thus, language acquisition involves not only lexical learning but also some grammatical learning. Lets take a closer look at the grammatical learning involved, and what it tells us about the language acquisition process. Clearly, grammatical is not going to involve learning those aspects of grammar which are determined by universal (hence innate) grammatical operations and principles. Rather , grammatical learning will be limited to those parameters ( i.e. dimensions or aspects ) of grammar which are subject to language particular variation (and hence vary from one language to another). In other words, grammatical learning will be limited to parametrised aspects of grammar (i.e. those aspects of grammar which are subject to parametric variation from one language to another).

• 和訳お願い致します!長文になりますが分かる範囲で結構です。どなたかよろ

和訳お願い致します!長文になりますが分かる範囲で結構です。どなたかよろしくお願い致しますm(__)m Paramaeters Thus far, we have argued that the language faculty incorporates , a set of universal principles which guide the child in acquiring a grammar. However, it clearly cannot be the case that all aspects of the grammar of language are universal; if this were so, all natural language grammars would be the same and there would be no grammatical learning involved in language acquisition (i.e. no need for children to learn anything about the grammar of sentences in the language they are acquiring ), only lexical learning(viz. learning the lexical items/words in the language and their idiosyncratic linguistic properties, e.g. whether a given item has an irregular plural or past-tense form). But although there are universal principles which determine the broad outlines of the grammar of natural languages, there also seem to be language-particular aspects of grammar which children have to learn as part of the task of acquiring their native language. Thus, language acquisition involves not only lexical learning but also some grammatical learning. Lets take a closer look at the grammatical learning involved, and what it tells us about the language acquisition process. Clearly, grammatical is not going to involve learning those aspects of grammar which are determined by universal (hence innate) grammatical operations and principles. Rather , grammatical learning will be limited to those parameters ( i.e. dimensions or aspects ) of grammar which are subject to language particular variation (and hence vary from one language to another). In other words, grammatical learning will be limited to parametrised aspects of grammar (i.e. those aspects of grammar which are subject to parametric variation from one language to another).

• 英語の一文なのですが、

By the time of the third shogun, Iemitsu, all daimyo virtually without exception and throughout thei r reigns had to spend alternate years living at Edo, supposedly in attendance on the shogun. という英文を 3代将軍家光の頃までには、全ての大名が藩主である間は、実質上例外なく、建前上将軍への参勤の為に隔年江戸に住まねばならなくなった。 と訳した場合、正解になりますか?

• 英語の質問です。これはどういう意味ですか?

they both became suddenly interested in me when they found out I never did things before..and he is a black guy which all of the black guys would like to date me and also other things I won't go into detail..so, does that explain why?

• [英語] ()に当てはまるものを教えて下さい><

1. I thought it was a bad idea for Sally to go hiking all alone, so I tried to talk her () it. (1) against (2) away from (3) out of (4) up against 2. The boy begged his parents () the toy for him. (1) bought (2) buy (3) should buy (4) to buy 3. The theater was filled to (). (1) capacity (2) completion (3) fullness (4) size 4. If you () to water the flowers every day, they may die. (1) neglect (2) object (3) reflect (4) reject 5. William got () nothing for designing the new library computer system. (1) beside for (2) even in (3) next to (4) of for