• ベストアンサー

英作文の添削お願いします

詩というものは、直接には何の役にも立たないように思える。しかし、人間の精神の歴史を考えてみると、いちばん役に立たないものが、実はたいへん役に立っている。 It seems that poetry doesn't directly contribute to us at all. Looking back to the history of the human spirit, however, the least beneficial thing is in fact the most beneficial. 不自然なところや間違いがあればお願いします。

• 英語
  • 回答数4
  • ありがとう数5

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • taichi_82
  • ベストアンサー率63% (76/120)
回答No.4

こんばんは まずは原文(日本語)を見直されたらいかがでしょうか? そして、それを忠実に英文に訳されたら良いと思います。 「いちばん役に立たないものが、実はたいへん役に立っている」の部分に日本語として違和感を感じます。 また、一つ目の文は何か言葉足らずな感じがします。 従って、hoolandiさんオリジナルを活かしつつ、以下のように修正してみました。 詩というものは、直接的に私たちの役に立つものではないように思える。 しかし、人間の精神の歴史を振り返ってみると、いちばん役に立ちそうもないものが、実はたいへん役に立っているということが往々にしてある。 It seems that poetry doesn't directly contribute to us. But when looking back to the history of the human spirit, things which seem least beneficial tend to be in fact the most beneficial.

hoolandi
質問者

お礼

非常にわかりやすい解説ありがとうございます。

その他の回答 (3)

• mabomk
  • ベストアンサー率40% (1414/3521)
回答No.3

私にも挑戦させて下さい。 Poetry itself is seemingly quite useless for our everyday life. But, on looking back on the history of human spirituality, what was thought as most useless is later found by us most useful in fact.

hoolandi
質問者

お礼

挑戦ありがとうございます。 参考になります。

noname#181603
noname#181603
回答No.2

挑戦します。 It seems that poetry doesn't really contribute to our life. Looking back to the history of the human spirit, however, what seems to be the least beneficial thing, in fact, has been most beneficial. at all が余計かもしれません。us より our society/life など具体的なほうがいいかもしれません。 Looking back で戻っているのですから、帰結は現在完了がいいかもしれません。 最後の most beneficial は the most beneficial (thing/one) でもいいかもしれません。

hoolandi
質問者

お礼

役に立つ助言ありがとうございます。 勉強になりました。

回答No.1

僕ならこう書く It seems that poetry is immediately of no use for nothing. Considering the hitory of human spirit,hoever,the most useless thing might be the most useful one in fact. 不自然な点は、全文のseem文では、役に立たない=contributeを使っているのに、次の文ではbeneficialを使っている点です。 対比させる意味の文なので、正確な対義語を使用するのが文的には正しいと思います。

hoolandi
質問者

お礼

なるほど、対比ですか。そこまで考えが及んでいませんでした。 ありがとうございます。

関連するQ&A

• 90語自由英作文添削をお願いいたします。

添削をお願いいたします。 志望は早稲田政経です。 [Q]Write a paragraph explaining your opinion. Give at least one appropriate reason to support your answer. "It is time for society to accept euthanasia(安楽死)." [My answer]      I agree with this opinion. For one thing, you should have the right to choose how to die, and society should give you the choice. It doesn’t follow that you should accept euthanasia when you are dying, I just want to say you should have the possibility to choose euthanasia. Someone may want to be alive as long as possible, but someone may want to finish his or her life without pain. So, there should be the option of euthanasia. That is why society should accept euthanasia. shouldとwant to を使い過ぎてしまいました。 しかし他の方法が思いつきませんでした。 文法的観点、論理的観点 ともにアドバイスをお待ちしております。

• 英語の和訳をお願いします。

Not only had the Normans disciplined the English people and welded them into a nation, they had also, directly or in-directly, given form and cohesion to their arts: a classical symmetry to their architecture, formal conventions to their painting and sculpture, measure to their music, and now metre and rhyme to their poetry. It was a beneficial discipline, but once it had been thoroughly learned, the time had come for variations on the conventions, for experiment, a greater natu-ralism, a freer, though still ordered, romanticism.

• 息子へのメッセージ・・・ 英作文の添削お願いします。

下記の文章(英文の方です)は、フォトスタジオで撮影した写真に添える、まだ赤んぼの息子へのメッセージです。 ネットの翻訳サイトや辞書の例文を参考にするなど自分なりに一生懸命頑張りましたが、イマイチ自信がありません。 (ネットの翻訳だと直訳すぎて変な表現になる、、、と聞きましたし・・・) 長文ですみませんが、どなた様か英作文の方を添削していただけないでしょうか。どうぞ宜しくお願いします。 A new hero came over in our home one year ago. It is 《名前》, you. 一年前、我が家に新しいヒーローがやってきた。それがあなた、《名前》です。 You have a gentle nature and gentle eyes. Additionally, your dance is really lovely. Just looking at them makes us happy and serene. あなたは穏やかな気質とやさしいまなざしを持っているの。それに、あなたのダンスは超愛らしい。それらを見ているだけで、私達は幸せで穏やかな気分になれるよ。 Though you are just a baby now,you will continue to grow mature through your acquired various experiences. 今はまだ赤ちゃんだけど、これからも様々な経験を積んで成長していくんだね。 (※1) In this world,while there are recognizable matters,there are invisibleness . 世の中には目に見える事柄がある一方で、目にみえない事柄もある。 (※2) Also,while you will meet a lot of different people, there are many people that you will never meet all your life. また、様々なたくさんの人々に出会う一方で、生涯あなたと出会わずに終わる人々もたくさんいる。 (※3) But,you are being influenced by any and all of events and people that exist throughout the world. だけどあなたは世界中に存在するありとあらゆる出来事と人々に影響されているんだよ。 Because,one thing leads to another ,and all those are linked together like beads. 一つのことが別のきっかけとなり、それらはすべてお互い数珠つなぎにリンクし合っているんだから・・・。 In days of adversity, let's widen the scope to see your situation in a new light ! 逆境のときには視野を広げて新しい面を見てみよう! when you're happy, let's thank even someone who is on the other side of the world! うれしいときには地球の裏側で暮らす人にまで感謝しちゃおう! Well,but first of all, can you tell us. でもまあその前に・・・、まず私達に話してよ。 We've always been there for you. 私達はいつだってあなたのそばにいるから! Above all things , there is nothing more wonderful than being able to interact directly. なんといっても直接交流できることほど素敵なものはないよ。 So fortunately for us, you came into the world as our son. そして幸運なことに、あなたが私達の息子として生まれてきてくれた。 We'll cherish our miraculous encounter. 出会えた奇跡を大切にするよ。 Nobody could ever take your place.   From your father and mother, with love. あなたはかけがえのない存在です…  パパとママより (※1)~(※3)については、下記の文とどちらがしっくりくるのか更に悩んでいます。良いアドバイスあったらよろしくお願いします。 (※1) In this world,there are recognizable matters and invisibleness.      世の中には、目に見える事柄と見えない事柄とがあるよ。 (※2) Also,there are many people that you will meet,and many that you will never meet all your life.      また、あなたが出会う人々と生涯出会わずに終わる人々がいる。 (※3) But,you are being influenced by any and all of them.      だけどあなたはそれら全てに影響されているんだよ。

• 添削お願いします(大学過去問)

大学の過去問の英作文を解いているのですが、今、学校が閉まっていて先生に添削していただけなくて、困っています。 どれか1つでもいいので、どなたか添削お願いします。 (1)ヨーロッパ諸国では自国語のほかに外国語を1つか2つ身につけているのが普通であり、 決して驚くことではない。  In Europe countries, it is usual that they master one or two languages but their mother tongue, so it is never surprising. (2)田舎へ移ってから3年以上になりますが、老父母もすっかり健康を取り戻したように見える。  It is over three years since we have moved to the country, but my old parents appears to have completely recovered their health. (3)ここからあの山のふもとまでは少なくとも40分かかるよ。近いようだが実際はかなり遠いんだ。(ふもと→a foot)  It takes forty minutes at least from here to a foot of that mountain.  It seems to be near, but in fact it is very far.

• 英文和訳で困っております

今、課題の英文和訳をしているのですが、一箇所和訳出来ず困っております。 以下がその一文です。 He not only raced to the car,heleaped into the hood and put his nose on the windshield,looking directly into my eyes. これはどのように役でばよろしいでしょうか?

• この英文を訳して下さい。(2)

翻訳サイト・ソフトでは文章がめちゃくちゃになってしまいさっぱり意味が分かりませんでした。 ご自身で 正確に訳せる方、お願い致します。 UPDATE, looking like a solution (and hint for where the bug may hide...) While writing my previous post, to be as precise as possible, I mention the fact that I switched (more for the fun than anything else) to a French interface. So I Just try after resetting the interface to English and.... IT SEEMS TO WORK! At least now I'm consuming CPU and the Generate DVD window is no more "not responding"... :-)

• 添削お願いします。

I took many kinds of courses such as geology, art, marketing, and history in college. If it is not unrelated directly to my job, a capacity to think that I got in college will surely help. In other words, it is a lifetime skill and it will be valuable even if I work a job that is not related I learned in college at all. There are no jobs that not need the ability to think. 「私は大学で地質学、アート、マーケティングや歴史など色々なコースを取りました。それが私の仕事に直接関係なかったとしても、大学で身につけた考える力は必ず役に立つだろう。つまり、たとえ大学で学んだことと全く関係のない職業(仕事)についたとしても、これ(考える力)は一生のスキルであり、有益なものになる。考える力が必要のない仕事なんてない。」 *「考える力」というのを、重複させないようにabilityやcapacityなど別の単語を使用しています。 少し長くなってしまいすみません。 こちらの英文を添削して欲しいです。よろしくお願いします。

• 自由英作の添削をお願いできますか?

死刑制度と貴方の意見について述べなさい。 という課題です よろしくお願いします。 Capital punishment debate I disagree with capital punishment and we had better repeal it.  Firstly, what is Capital punishment? it has a long history and now capital punishment debate is one of the human rights issues. Some people agree with death penalty and others disagree with it. And some countries adopt death penalty, such as, Japan, China, Iran, and so on. In Europe, Belarus is only country that adopt death penalty and this country does not belong to EU because she embraces death penalty. Thus this problem is so difficult for human being to solve. Death penalty dose not prevents felonious crimes very much. We often hear the idea that death penalty stop offender killing other people. However, it is not exactly. According to the statistics of murder case in the United States, the number of the murder case in the State which adopts the penalty is larger than that doesn’t adopt it. Also according to a research, in a country where there is the penalty, after they abolished the penalty, the number of murder did not change dramatically. Moreover, a country where there is not the penalty, after they started the penalty, the number did not change hard, either. Thus we can say that death penalty may not have a power to prevent crimes. In spite of these, why there is capital punishment? Is there any meaning that we kill the people who kill other? Maybe not. Offenders should pay for the victims and rehabilitate no matter how long it takes, so it is not good that not only victims but offenders are killed. As the Bible says, we should ‘condemn the offense, but pity the offender.’ It may cause the case where people who kill nobody are killed as a dearth penalty on a false charge. Indeed, there are many cases like this in the world. In Japan, it is not about death penalty, there are, too. In other word, it is an unmistakable murder. However, no one is bad― it is the death penalty that is not good. In conclusion, death penalty has a little benefit and may lead terrible mistakes. And the Law makes offenders not kill but rehabilitate. Therefore I disagree with death penalty and we had better abolish it.

• 英作文の添削お願いいたします。

2013年4月から2014年3月までにお支払いした商品代金と送料の受領証明書の作成をお願いできますでしょうか。 Would you please make a receipt certificate of the payment for the goods and the shipping cost that were paid from Apr. 2013 to Mar. 2014? 受領証明書は取引ごとの明細、金額、支払い方法(現金、銀行振込、クレジットカード)の明記をお願いいたします。 The receipt certificate adds for the details of each dealings, the amount of money, and the payment method (cash, bank transfer, a credit card). 受領証明書は全取引を一覧リストにしたものでかまいません。 A receipt certificate would be fine if you can make a list for all dealings. お手数おかけしますが何卒ご協力お願いいたします。 Thank you for your help.

• 私の英作文を添削してください

急いで提出しなければならない書類なのですが、自分なりにやってみたのですがなにぶん英語力がないものでこんな感じに、、、。通じればいいというのではなくなるべくきれいな表現がいいといわれたので余計プレッシャーがかかってしまい困っていたところ、ここを思い出して添削をお願いすることにしました。 なにとぞよろしくお願いします。 「将来は日本語教師になりさまざまな国で日本語を教えたいです。 このプログラムは、日本語教師になりたい私にとって国際語である英語の能力をあげることができるうえ、子供たちに日本の文化や伝統を教えるという貴重な経験ができます。 子供たちにも私が勉強した日本の歴史や文化を教えることで、普段経験できない体験や知識を学んでもらうことができると思います。」 I would like to be a Japanese Language teacher and want to teach Japanese in various countries. This program can perform precious experience in which culture and tradition of Japan are taught to children and is possible to increase the ability of the English which is international language. I think that children can also have study experience and the knowledge which cannot be experienced usually because I teach a Japanese tradition and culture. いかがでしょうか、文法などでおかしなところ指摘していただきたいです。よろしくおねがいします。