愚痴る女性の歌詞 〜最新のファッションで存在感を示したい〜

このQ&Aのポイント
  • 愚痴をこぼす女性の歌詞の一節です。
  • 彼女は男性に相手にされず、自分の存在を示したいと思っています。
  • 特に「The latest in fashion There to be seen」の部分と「make a showing」のくだりが意味不明です。
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

歌の歌詞の翻訳

ある歌の歌詞の一節です。 翻訳をお願いしたいです。 But if I were a winner, winner The latest in fashion There to be seen Would you notice me then? Thought we might have something going I didn't know the danger You were there to make a showing And everything went wrong 歌全体は男性に相手にされなかった女性が愚痴をこぼすよう内容のようです。 特にThe latest in fashion There to be seenの部分と make a showingのくだりがよくわかりません。

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • duosonic
  • ベストアンサー率51% (585/1140)
回答No.1

こんにちは。 ご存知の通り、歌詞というのはそのVerse(楽節)の中に収めないといけないし、韻も踏むようになるので、必ずしも書籍に書かれているように文法的に意味の通るものとはなっていない場合が多いですよね。それが面白いところでもありますが 、、、 パーティに参加した女性が、お目当ての男に相手にされなかったという状況のようですね。意訳しておきます: 1. But if I were a winner, winner The latest in fashion There to be seen Would you notice me then? 「もし私が最新ファッションショーの優勝者であったら、あなたは振り向いてくれるの? 」 ⇒ 女性が皆ものすごくドレスアップしていて、最新ファッションを身にまとっていないと目立たないくらいのヒップなパーティ ⇒ その中で彼女は特に目立つという感じではなかった ⇒ 彼の眼を引けなかった 、、、ということでしょう。 2. Thought we might have something going I didn't know the danger You were there to make a showing And everything went wrong make a show of~ で「~を見せびらかす = show off」というイディオムがあります。 「あなたが目立つ他の女といちゃいちゃしているのを目の当たりにしたわ。私とあなたには何か特別な関係があると思っていたから、そんな危険が潜んでいるとは思いも寄らなかった。そして全てがダメになったわ」 、、、切ないですが、こんなニュアンスだと感じます。ご参考までに。

kibayashi-38
質問者

お礼

ご丁寧にありがとうございます。 a winner, winner The latest in fashion の部分はつなげて解釈すればよいのですね~ 大変参考になりました! ありがとうございました。

関連するQ&A

• 歌詞のヒアリング

http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=JP&hl=ja&v=r82Ej2702bQ&feature=related の31秒~45秒あたりの歌詞がわかりません。 どなたか書き出していただけないでしょうか なおその前後の歌詞はわかっています Four o'clock, the party's over I should have left it early Miss your arm around your shoulder Walking home alone (不明部分) But if I were a winner, winner The latest in fashion There to be seen Would you notice me then?

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

I believe in compulsory cannibalism. If people were forced to eat what they killed, there would be no more wars.

• 翻訳 について

自動翻訳というのが、グーグル ヤフーでありますが、とても読みづらくてしかたがないです。 以下の文章なのですが・・・? もっと適切かつ解りやすく翻訳をして頂けるようなものはないでしょうか? 「PLEASE READ DESCRIPTION THOROUGHLY! RARE ESTATE FIND SINAR 8X10 GROUND GLASS BACK W/BELLOWS BAG AND ACCORDION STYLE BELLOWS! IS THIS IS A METERING BACK OR SOMETHING ELSE? I HONESTLY DON'T KNOW. IF SOMEONE HAS DEFINITIVE AND VERIFIABLE INFO ON THIS PLEASE LET ME KNOW... I'M NOT AN EXPERT ON THIS SO IT IS SOLD AS IS AND I WILL DESCRIBE WHAT I'VE OBSERVED. FRAME, GLASS AND BELLOWS BAG ALL SAY MADE IN SWITZERLAND. ACCORDION BELLOWS HAS NO LABEL OR ANYTHING ELSE ON IT. THE GLASS HAS PERIMETER LINES PRINTED 18X24 AND 8X10". 8X10" BEING THE OUTERMOST PERIMETER LINE. THIS IS A VINTAGE PIECE OF EQUIPMENT THAT APPEARS TO BE IN GOOD SHAPE. AGAIN I'M NO EXPERT. I SEE NO DAMAGE TO THE GLASS. THE FRAME APPEARS TO BE IN GOOD SOLID SHAPE TOO. NO DENTS OR OBVIOUS STRUCTURAL DEFECTS OR DAMAGE. THE BELLOWS BAG (THE ONE THAT IS ATTACHED) APPEARS TO BE IN SOLID SHAPE TOO. I DON'T SEE ANY TEARS OR RIPS. I HAVE NOT TESTED IT FOR LIGHT LEAKS. THERE IS A HEAVY DUTY MOUNT ATTACHED. IT APPEARS TO BE IN GOOD SHAPE TOO. THIS MAY HAVE BEEN AN OPTIONAL MODULAR ACCESSORY AT THE TIME. IF SO I'M SURE IT WASN'T CHEAP! THE ACCORDION BELLOWS HAS SOME GUNK ON ITS FRAME. I DON'T KNOW WHAT IT IS. THESE ACCORDION BELLOWS ARE A BIT MORE ROUGH THAN THE OTHER ITEMS. IT LOOKS LIKE THERE IS SOME TAPE ON SOME OF THE CORNERS OF THE INDIVIDUAL BELLOWS. THEY LOOK FAIRLY SOLID AND MAY BE FUNCTIONAL. BUT I DON'T KNOW. THEY ARE NOT TESTED AND THEY ARE VINTAGE. THERE ARE TWO LEVELS ON THE FRAME. ONE WORKS THE OTHER APPEARS TO BE DRIED UP. THERE ARE TWO ADDITIONAL SPOTS WHERE LEVELS COULD BE OR ONCE WERE ATTACHED. THEY AREN'T THERE. JUST THE MOUNTING BRACKETS. NO DAMAGE I CAN SEE JUST NOT THERE. PERHAPS ADDITIONAL ACCESSORIES? I DON'T KNOW!!! THE MOVING PARTS (ADJUSTMENTS, CLAMPS ETC) ON THE FRAME MOVE. SOME EASIER THAN OTHERS. I'M NOT GOING TO FORCE

• 翻訳お願いします

You have to remember if your drives both will be putting out 2000mA each then each one will be drawing 3000mA or around there so I would use no smaller than a 26650 cell or cells and I think 32650 would be nice if a good host can be found that is to your liking. The SK can take a 32650 if I put it in the lathe and take out about 0.25mm of aluminum from the inside. The two XB-2 drives I sent you are the very latest model they are capable of 4000mA each so with the proper heat sinking they may work for you. Do not try and run them above 2000mA with out heat sinking them, I do believe they have a built-in temp controller so if they get too hot they will shut down till they cool off, I'll check on that to be sure. The full back side needs to be in contact with a heat sink if your going to take one all the way to it's max current of 4000mA ! Hope this helps Let me know if you need any other info

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

There's been a lot of times though in the band situation where there's been some deep wounds. Like that press conference they put together in 1996, after canceling three shows. The same stuff was going on with certain members of the band, that I was doing at that time. That was that time, I'm not making an excuse for it, it was a horrible time in my life. As well there were a lot of great things going on in my life, but that part of it was miserable. But I don't think at all that there needed to be a press conference to out me publicly, that was my own business.

• 翻訳をお願いします

インタビューの内容です。 質問者 Were you involved in the designing? 回答者 Yeah. I said, “I want a shoe I would actually wear.” But you can’t go too crazy because you want them to be successful. You have to ask, “What’s going to be the most successful shoe?” Because you want to make money for True Colors. I like that denim sneaker, that’s my favourite. よろしくお願いいたします。

• 翻訳お願いします

You were very careless to make such a mistake. The water is so warm that you can swim in ti today The soup was so salty that I couldn't eat it It seems that he knew the woman It was strange that the spoon began to bend by itself

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

Robert was also full of praise for his new bandmate, telling Pop-Break.com, "Chester is an amazing human being. "Coming in, we knew we wanted to do this right and sing our songs the way they were supposed to be sung and move forward as a band. "LINKIN PARK will always be his first priority and we respect that. "The guys in LINKIN PARK have been amazing with all this. "Everyone likes to be surrounded by amazing people. We have a great management team, everyone's excited and working hard. We've got a lot of work to do. "There's people out there that really don't like the fact Scott isn't in the band. We have to go out there and prove ourselves. Our goal is to play the best set of songs we can play and really make that count."

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

When I formed the band and created the Wildabouts with my friends, we decided we wanted to make a band-sounding album, a rock-sounding album. I made two solo albums before that were more experimental albums, and I think that they didn't really resonate with my fan base because they were too out-there, too artsy. ※『The Wildabouts』はバンド名です。

• 翻訳お願いします(2)

翻訳お願いします。 いつもお世話になります。 ぜひ翻訳をお願いしたい文章がありますので、翻訳をお願い出来ないでしょうか? この文章は僕の憧れのバーナード・ラガト選手の言ったことです。 曖昧には理解できますが、ぜひ彼が何と言っているのかしっかり知り、参考にし、学びたいんです! 宜しくお願いします! Will you be doing anything differently in training to prepare for this record attempt outdoors? BL: Yes. I’m heading to Flagstaff on April 1st. I normally do that every year. But when I’m there this year, I’m going to be focusing on endurance, working on long, nice runs—nothing less than 10 miles. We will be doing long tempo runs. We will be doing a lot of long hill work. We will be doing soft-surface repetitions as well, like on a golf course. We will be doing things this time around that will really get me ready for the 5,000m. I’ve realized when you run the 5,000m, when they show seven laps to go, that is when the tempo sometimes picks up and I start to feel it a bit. We are going to be working on that feeling in the race. By training harder, we are going to get me physically capable to keep up that kind of pace. Let’s say the guys try to slip in a 59- or 60-second lap in there when we have five or six laps to go—that is the territory I have never been in. And it would hurt if I were not ready. So we are going to make sure my training will be ready to handle any kind of surge or sudden difference of pace. This isn’t a world championship year, so it is very important that we aim at something like the 5,000m and the 3,000m.