• ベストアンサー

添削してください

感謝祭について英作しました。ネイティブの方からみてもおかしくない 文章をかけるようになりたいと思っています。 どなたか添削していただけるとありがたいです。 直訳ではないですが、言いたいことは下の日本語のようなことです。 よろしくお願いします!!! We don't celebrate Thanksgiving in Japan, but there are some restaurants where you can have Thanksgiving dinner in the cities like Tokyo. I think this is because many American people are living/staying here. This year, I dined out with some of my friends. Believe it or not, it was my first time in my life to eat turkey. It was good!! 日本では感謝祭を祝うことはありませんが、東京のような都市では(感謝祭の) 食事ができるレストランはあります。ここに住んでいるアメリカ人も多くいるから だと思います。今年私は友達と食事に行きました。信じられないかもしれませんが 私は生まれて初めて七面鳥を食べました。おいしかったです。

• 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数4

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
noname#2733
noname#2733
回答No.1

既に十分通じる英語であると思われます。 文章の組み立て方には個性がありますので、下記の私の言い回しは一つの例としてお考え頂ければ幸いです。 先ず、私なら、Althoughを使います。 「Although Thanksgiving itself is not celebrated in Japan, it is possible to find some restaurants in cities like Tokyo where authentic Thanksgiving dinner is actually served. 」 又、ここでは感謝祭特有の料理の事なので、敢えてThanksgivingそのものは~とする為にitselfを追加し、強調したい料理にauthenticを追加。 「This is probably due to the demand from the many Americans living in these areas.」 ここは拡大解釈。米人が多いだけの理由ではなく、需要が多いからと。又、堅い文章とするなら、「I think~」の文章構造は不適切かも。 「This year my friends and I got to try it out.」 ここも拡大解釈。友達と一緒にThanksgiving dinnerに挑戦してみた、の事であろうと。 「It's difficult to believe, but this was the first time ever for me to eat Turkey! But I loved it!」 個人的にはbelieve it or notはあまり好きくないのであまり使いません。It may be difficult to believeとかの方がこの場合、より適切かなと。何となくbelieve it or notは「信じて貰えないかも知れませんが」の意味合いが強いので。 初めて食べるので、tasteを意識するような単語でも良いかも知れません。It tasted great! I loved the taste! 最後に順番がおかしくなってしまいましたが、first time in my lifeは正しいものの、敢えて「人生」の事を強調する必要がないなら、簡単にeverとかnever beforeで十分かと。 私は因みにターキーは大好きです。(^^) Happy Holidays!

saty110
質問者

お礼

ターキー、おいしいですよね~;) ありがとうございました!!とても勉強になりました。

その他の回答 (2)

回答No.3

We don't have the Thanksgiving holiday in Japan, of course, but there are some restaurants where we can enjoy the Thanksgiving dinner in the big cities like Tokyo. I guess this is because many American people are living there. The other day, I ate out with some of my friends and had a Thanksgiving dinner. It was my first time to eat the turkey, and I enjoyed it! It was so delicious. なるべくそのまま残して、少し気になった点だけを変えてみました。素晴らしい英語力をお持ちなので。   御存知でしょうが感謝祭はアメリカの歴史から来ている祝日ですので、他の国で祝うことは当然ながらありえない訳なので、そういったニュアンスを加えました。 くだけた文でよいのでしたら、これでも通じると思います。

saty110
質問者

お礼

どうもありがとうございました!!!あまり堅すぎない程度に自然な文章を目指しているので、すごく勉強になりました。

• hiromuy
  • ベストアンサー率27% (103/370)
回答No.2

結構な英作文だと思いますよ。ネイティブにも十分通じると思います。 ただ、ネイティブにも違和感のない文章となると、少し日本人とは感覚や言い回しが違ってきます。また、最近は減ってきていますが、辞書で調べても古い表現が多いです。 例えば、 ・何を主語にするか(人以外もよく主語になります) ・動詞に何を使うか(haveやgetなどが多用されます) これがうまく使えたら、ネイティブの違和感もかなり減ると思います。 最初の1文だと、意識的に祝わない感じもしますので、 ・日本人は~の習慣を持たない ・~は、日本では祝われない の方が、より自然でサラリとした感じになると思います。 このような感覚は、ネイティブが著者の英語・英会話本などを読めば分かりやすいと思います。

saty110
質問者

お礼

そうですね・・・辞書で出ている表現を使っても「何それ?」とかネイティブに 言われてしまったりするので、自然に聞こえる表現をもっと勉強しないといけないと感じています。アドバイスどうもありがとうございました!

関連するQ&A

• 添削と英訳おねがいします

「前職は○でした。わたしは以前から▲に興味がありましたので、今回応募させてもらいました。未経験ですが、よろしくおねがいします。」 The former employment was ○.I was interested in the ▲ since before.Therefore,I was going to apply this time.Though it is inexperienced,I'll do my best.Thank you. こんな感じでしょうか。よろしくお願いします。

• 私の書いた英文の添削をお願いします。(1)

今、海外のペンパルと文通していのですが、自身がないのでこの英文が合っているかどうか教えてください。間違いがあったら正しい英文を教えてください。それと翻訳機では、通じなかったので今回は、翻訳機を使用せず、辞書で調べて書きました。 How are you? I have a sore the left foot. So I am doing my home treatment in June 1. ( I had worked in A office, but I retired May 31.If my food cure, I'd like to find work.) Thanks for your present. I was very surprised that got an insect into a little tree’s box. I celebrate my birthday( As you know, I became ○ years old in last December.) with Christmas. I cerebrated Christmas in few years. How do you celebrate a Christmas in your country? In Japan, we celebrate house, Restaurant, etc… Mostly Christmas celebrate children, children’s parents and a lot of young people. In Japan, we don’t celebrate Ester. How do you celebrate in your country? 元気ですか?私は、現在、左足が凄く痛いです。だから私は、6月1日から自宅で療養してます。(私は、5月31日でA社を退職しました。足が治ったら、仕事を探したいです。)。 プレゼントをありがとう。小さな木の箱に入っていた虫のおもちゃには、大変驚きました。 去年の私の誕生日(ご存知のように私は、去年の12月に○才になりました。)は、クリスマスと一緒に祝いました。クリスマスを祝ったのは、数年ぶりです。 あなたの国では、どのようにクリスマスを祝うのですか?日本では、家やレストランなどで祝ったりします。主にクリスマスを祝うのは、子供や子供の親や若者です。 ええと、イースターは、日本では、祝わないです。チェコでは、どのように祝うのですか?

• 添削してください。(日本語から英語に)お願いします。

【なんとなく英語で書きたい気分.部屋が汚かったので計画したとおり掃除をした.冷や汗をかいた.母が部屋に入ってきたとき,幾つかの財布の整理をしてた.中学校の時私は友達にコンドームを1つもらったことがあり財布の中に入れてたままにして部屋になおしてあった.それをすっかり忘れていて[何か入ってるわぁ]と思い,その財布の中身を出したらコンドームがでてきて焦った.母に見られてないかな~すごい恥ずかしかった.片付け中にカナダの思い出がでてきて懐かしく感じた.友達からの手紙に笑った.「今度家に遊びにいかしてね!え?いいの?やった~!!」と書いてあった.私の片付けは終わらなかったがやっと途中まで終わった.今日は暇.昨日何人かにメールを送ったのに返事がこない.みんな忙しいのか?そうか私は嫌われているのか?彼氏にメール送ったのに彼氏からも返事来ない.わ~ん!あっ!カナダに留学中の友達に手紙を書いた.ちゃんと届いたらいいな!】【i have a kind of feeling that writting inEnglish.my room was messy, so i cleaned up my room as my yesterday plan.today i was in a cold weat.when my mother came in to my room,i was tidy upsome wallets.when i was junior high school, i had gotten a condom from friend and i put it in my wallet and leave in this in my room.now i didn't remember this things.at the moment i thought "there is something in the wallet"and took out something,it was a condom.(?)then,i was still cleaning up my room, i found the memories of canada(?).i was laughed by a friend's letter.it was written like this"can i go to your house next day? oh really? is it ok? (?)"あと書きたいんですが字数が・・・

• 【英語】作文の添削お願いします 

テーマ:印象に残っている贈り物 Most impressing present in my life is a watch that my father gave me when I passed the exam to enter the high school. My father used the watch before I was born, and he wouldn't put away it even though he was given a new watch by my mother and sister. I think the watch will have been very important for my father. So, I was very surprised when he gave it to me. At first, I hesitated to receive it, but I received it in the end because my father said with smiling that "I use this new watch". The watch was what my mother and sister gave him. My watch and my father's watch is very different because mine is very old and father's is new. However both of them are filled with love of my family. 文法や構成について指摘してください。

• 英訳、添削お願いします(2)

前にこのカテゴリで英訳を添削していただいたんですが、その際、自分の英語力の低さを実感しました。そこで、また、自分の怪しい英訳を添削してもらいたいと思います。別にいい訳があればそれも教えていただけますとありがたいです。お願いいたします。 1.そこに滞在している間、私は楽しかった。 While staying there, I was happy. 2.トラはアメリカにはいない。 There are not tiger in America. 3.この図書館の本はどれでも借り出せます We can borrow all book in this library. 4.コップにはほとんど水がない。 The glass has little water.

• 英語添削お願いします

昨日学校でサークル登録会がありました。 There was the registration session of circle at my scool yesterday. 特にラグビー部の勧誘が疲れました。 Particularly,I was very tired due to invitation of rugby club. 学校の授業が始まりだしたが、こんなに面倒くさいとは思わなかった。 Some classes gradually began,it was a pain than I thought. 話しは変わるが、学校がしている海外留学プログラムに参加したいです。 Aside from this,I want to join Study Abroad Program offered by my school. もうすぐ、締切で小論文を提出しないといけない。 I must pass my shot essay. 小論文の書き方が分からない。 I don`t know how to write it. まぁ、頑張ろう。 Do try my best......

• 英訳 添削

英訳したので添削してください。 クラスのある人がいじめられていた。 私は見て見ぬふりをしていた。 だか、私の友達はいじめられていた人を助けようとしていた。 もし、助けて次にいじめの標的にされるかもしれないというのに。 結局、いじめはなくなり、その友達もいじめられることはなかった。 私はその友達はとても勇気があるなと思った。 私もこのように勇気のある人になりたいと思いました。 It was hard on people with a class. I turned a blind eye. However, my friend tried to help the person on whom it was hard. It is said that it may help and then may be made the target of bullying. After all, bullying was lost and it was not hard on the friend. I regarded the friend as not courageous at all. I thought that I would also like to become those who are courageous in this way.

• 添削お願いいたします.

こんばんは. 和訳の添削よろしくお願い致します. 1,In my teens I became deeply interested in the scenery and wildlife of Hokkaido and other northern places. →私の10代のころに私は風景と北海道の野生の生物と他の北の場所に深く興味を持つようになった。 2,I cannot explain why this happened, but it was like falling in love, I suppose. →私はなぜこのことが起こったのか説明できないがそれは恋に落ちるようなことだったと思う。 3,Somewhere in my young heart I longed for that northern world. →私の若い心はどこかでその北の世界を切望した。 4,One day I was at a bookstore in Tokyo, and a book of photographs caught my eye. →ある日私は東京の本屋に居てある写真の本は私の目をとらえた。 よろしくお願い致します。

• 添削をお願いします

簡単なparagraphを書いてみたので文法などの添削をお願いします。また、内容的にも変なところがありましたら指摘をおねがいします。 Through this class, I have learned a lot of things to write a good paragraph or essay. One of the most interested thing is differences of sentences that translated by using translator and sentences that native spearkers use. In the beginning of class, I often used tranlator, because I was trying to use sentences structure from my first language- Japanese. But those sentences that I translated from my 1st language by using translator almost doen’t make sense for native spearker or include wrong words that native speakers don’t use. So, in the beginnung of the class, I was often commented by professor “I can’t undestand what this sentence says.” or “ This word is not used in this situation.” Since then, I tried to write a paragraph or essay without using translator, but it was very difficult at first. Also it took so much time to write a paragraph or essay, it were woes for me. In short, there are differences between english and translation of translator. There are differences between english and not only japanese but also another language. The most important thing is to understand the differences in addition to learning english.

• 英語の添削をお願いします。

タイに2ヶ月研究留学に行っていました。滞在中のお礼をこめて、手紙を入れた小包(日本のお菓子などを入れた物)を送ろうと思っています。 その手紙の添削をお願いしたいです。 Thank you for everything. I really enjoyed Thai Life which spends the time in soil mechanics laboratory. Each memories of Thailand are very big in my life. I don’t forget this memories forever. Some people said to me “you are strong.”, but of course I’m not strong. Everyone support me every time, so I really want to say Thank you. In the future, I may go to Thailand again as engineer. I will contact you when I go to Thailand. While I staying there, I couldn't do anything for you, so this time, I want to send goods for you all!! Please eat it  This is Japanese snacks! And finally, this program is good experience for me, and good opportunity to learn English, Thai culture and Civil Engineering. I hope to meet you again. I miss you all. And Thank you very much.