• ベストアンサー

教えてください。

おしえてください。(1)I went to the supermarket where is located on A street. 正しいですか?where を in which に変えてもいいでしょうか?(2) The meeting has been extended for one more day due to an unexpected circumstance. この文章はあっていますか?

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Parismadam
  • ベストアンサー率65% (2756/4211)
回答No.2

はじめまして。 既に回答は出ていますが、解説を補足します。 ご質問1: < (1)~正しいですか?> いいえ。理由は以下の通りです。 1.関係詞節内は主語がなく、文が不完全です。 2.関係詞節内の文が不完全な場合は、関係副詞ではなく関係代名詞がきます。 3.節内で不足している要素、ここでは主語となる名詞the supermarketが、先行詞として前置されているのです。 4.従って、物が主語になる主格の関係代名詞、which、thatなどが正解となります。 ご質問2: <where を in which に変えてもいいでしょうか?> だめです。 1.where もin whichも関係副詞の働きになりますから、ここでは使えないのです。 2.以上を踏まえて訂正例は I went to the supermarket which is located on A street. 「A通りにあるスーパーに行った」 となります。 ご質問3: <(2) The meeting~この文章はあっていますか?> いいえ、extendの使い方が不適切です。 1.extendは範囲や幅が広がることをさして「延長する」といいます。 2.extendには時間の延長の意味でも使われ、prolongと同意の用法もあります。 3.ただ、extendもprolongも「現在続いているものがさらに延長される」という、時間の広がりについて言及します。 4.従って、ご質問の英文だと他の回答にもある通り、「現在行われている会議が、さらにこのまま1日以上も続く」といった意味になります。 5.「1日延期される」という意味なら、postponeやput offなどが適切です。 6.以上を踏まえて訂正例は The meeting has been postponed for one more day due to an unexpected circumstance. The meeting has been put off for one more day owing to an unexpected circumstance. となります。 以上ご参考までに。

aquila77
質問者

お礼

とても詳しくわかりやすく説明くださりありがとうございました。 とても参考になりました。

その他の回答 (1)

回答No.1

1)は間違いで、関係代名詞 which か that です。 I went to the supermarket which(/that) is located on A street. 2)は extened の場合、ミーティング時間が延長されたという感じのニュアンス。この場合ミーティングが24時間続くという感じになりかねません。なので postpone を通常使います。 The meeting has been posponed for one more day due to an unexpected circumstance. The meeting has been posponed again until tomorrow due to ... などです。

aquila77
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございました。postponeで延期ですね! 納得です♪

関連するQ&A

• 先行詞について

This is the restraurant which Maria went to. THis is the restraunt where Maria went. という文章が2つあります。 先行詞は同じ「the restraunt」なのに、どうして上記はwhich 下記はwhereなのでしょうか? また上記の文章はwent toとなっている点についても 教えて頂けますでしょうか。 宜しくお願いします。

• 英語に関してです。

this is where i went last yearという例文を見ました。where以下が、省略したthe placeを修飾しているのはわかるのですがこのthe placeってのはi went to の目的語だと思うんですよ。しかしwhereというのはin whichの書き換えですので ~ in the placeとならくはならないはずだと思うのですがそうなっておりません。the place to where i went であれば納得できますが、これはどういうことでしょう。

• 次の問題の答えを教えてほしいです

(1)日本文に合うように(       )内の語を並べかえなさい。 1.私は2時間も彼を待っている。 I (have/him/waiting/been/for) for two hours. 2.どのくらいの間彼は公園で走っていますか。 (running/long/has/how/he/been) in the park? 3.彼は病気だと言ったが、それはうそだった。 He said he was ill, (was/lie/which/a). 4.私はあるレストランに入り、そしてそこでたまたま彼女に会った。 I went into a restaurant, (to/where/happened/I) meet her. (2)日本文に合うように英文を書きなさい。 1.彼女は福岡に行き、そこでお昼を食べた。〈whereを用いて〉 She went to Fukuoka,(                                 ). 2.彼はこの病院で多くの命を救う責任を負っている。 (                                ). 3.規則正しい運動は私たちが健康を保つのに役立つ。 Regular exercise (                             ) us healthy. 4.私は傘をなくしてしまった。(今持っていない。) I (                              ) my umbrella. よろしくお願いします。

• 英訳、添削お願いします

お世話になっております。これで通じるでしょうか? 3で仮定法みたいなのを使ってしまったのが微妙な気がします。 1.ほとんどの生徒は肉体的ないじめではなく、言葉によるいじめの犠牲者なのです。 Most student are victim is bullying that isn't phisycal but verval. 2.テクノロジーが進化するにつれていじめのやり方も進化してきました。 The more tecnology has been developing, the more bulling's method has been developing. 3.あなたやあなたの友人がいじめの標的になったことがあれば、その様な状況でどうするべきかを知ることが難しいということがわかるでしょう。 If you or your friend were bullid, they would understand that it is difficult to know what to do in the circumstance.

• 和訳お願いします。

Frequent product recalls have had a bad effect on the company's reputation. This hybrid car plant has an annual output of 1,5 million units. Due to the high popilarity of hybrid cars, production can't keep up with the demand. We've been more careful about quality control than production costs. Our warehouse has been badly damaged by the fire. Due to the rail strike, we are unable to meet the deadline. We need to make an inventory adjustment due to decreased sales. お願いします(´・ω・`)

• 構文分析よろしくお願い致しますm(_ _)m

The more carefully nature has been studied, the more widely has order been found to prevail, while what seemed disorder has proved to be nothing but complexity; until, at present, no one is so foolish as to believe that there are any real accidents, in the sense of events which have no cause. -THOMAS HENRY HUXLEY, Introduction 構文分析よろしくお願い致します🙏 できるだけ丁寧に解説して頂けると嬉しいです🙇‍♀️

• what/which/whereの使い分け

その文章にすでに、目的語があるときはwhichで、なければwhatだと学習しました。 しかし last winter i went to hong kong,()as warms as i had ecpected. のようなときは、went to の目的hong kongがはいっているのに、 入るのはwhichではなくwhere it wasn'tになるのは、なぜなのでしょうか?宜しくお願いします

• 関係代名詞のwhich

問題集をやっていてどうしてもわからなかったのですが、 I have been to the place which she spoke of. といった文でなぜwhichはwhereではいけないのでしょうか。 いろいろ調べてみたのですがいまいちよくわかりません よろしくお願いします

• 和訳お願いします。

“The reason why Wii has been given so much appreciation is not because of technological superiority; rather, it must be due to the fact that we have been able to provide customers with unexpected and unprecedented entertainment value,” he said, referring to Wii's lower price and more extensive basic specifications than its main rival, the Sony PlayStation 3. Wii's biggest selling point has been its motion-sensing remote, which has usurped the joystick and led to players using the system for sports training. it is now possible to buy a plug-in balance board as part of a “Wii Fit” software package. Mr Iwata says that video games, far from being the mindless toy of today's youth, will soon be regarded as a crucial part of a child's development. Nintendo's hand-held DS product, along with the software program Dr kawashima's More Brain Training, has been used as part of a trial in Scotland to improve children's concentration. よろしくお願いします。

• 英文訳をお願い致します

以下の英文訳をお願い致します。 Officials said more than 80% of the town had been engulfed by the mudslide. Residents recounted how they had been alerted to the approaching mudslide by the ringing of the church bells. Most were able to flee their homes in time. The government said it would send a group of experts to Utica to assess whether it was safe for residents to return to the town or if there could be sinkholes or other geological faults. As meteorologists forecast more rain for the area, firefighters did not rule out the possibility of another mudslide. Government officials in Cundinamarca, where Utica is located, said they would decide over the next few days whether to rebuild the whole town on safer, higher ground. The heavy rains are not restricted to Cundinamarca. In central Tolima province officials have put the town of Honda on high alert as the level of the river Magdalena continues to rise. Nationwide, 12 major highways have been closed due to the continuing rains and flooding. Colombia has been suffering from a particularly wet winter, which officials say has affected almost three million people across the country. これで全部です。 長くて申し訳ありませんがよろしくお願い致します。