• ベストアンサー

ワン・レイニー・ナイト・イン・トウキョウ

昔、ワン・レイニー・ナイト・イン・トウキョウという鈴木道明さんの作った歌がありました。  これに英語の歌詞をつけて、アメリカの歌手(グループ)が歌っていましたが、どんな歌詞だったか分かる人はいらっしゃいますか。  One rainy night in Tokyo One lonely girl no place to go .... Two people meet, they make a pair... この程度しか記憶にないのです。助けてください。

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
noname#104909
noname#104909
回答No.1

著作権保護法により 歌詞は表示できません。 ブレンダリーが歌っていたのでブレンダリーで検索されたら どうでしょうか。 それにしても10年以上著作権・盗作で争われ、今では封印されている 「ワン・レイニー・ナイト・イン・トウキョウ」を取り上げられたのは 何か意味があるのでしょうか。

mackbogey
質問者

お礼

さっそくのご回答、ありがとうございます。  いまこの歌を取り上げた意味は何か、と言う疑問、ごもっともと思います。理由はとくにありません。 突然、この英語の歌詞で歌いだしてしまったからです。  そうです、思い出しました、Brend Leeの熱唱が耳に残っていたのですね。  そこであちこちを検索しましたが、彼女が日本語で歌っている動画しか見つかっていないのです。「ブレンダ・リー全集」というCDにこの歌も収録されていますので、英語版か日本語版か確かめて見たいと思います。  私は個人的にはこれは「盗作ではない」、一貫した鈴木メロディの線に沿っている曲だ、と信じています。

その他の回答 (1)

noname#104909
noname#104909
回答No.2

再度 余計な書き込みをしてしまったようです、申し訳ありません。 ブレンダリーのアルバムに収録されているのは 日本語版・英語版、両方収録されているのがほとんどです。 EP版もA面日本語 B面英語としてリリースされました。

mackbogey
質問者

お礼

重ねて回答を寄せていただき、感謝しています。 この曲に関する興味が、どんどん深まっていくようです。  一部の人が「オリジナルの歌詞はいいのに、英語版はひどい歌詞になっている」と嘆いていますが、確かに元の歌詞の意味をそのまま丁寧に訳さず手を抜いているので、そうした不満が生まれるのは当然です。  岩谷時子さんのような有名な訳詩家でも、エンリコ・マシアスが「恋は何物にも替え難い、金を出しても買えない」と「恋心」で歌っているのに「恋なんて、何になるの」と、ずさんなひどい訳にしてしまっている例もあり、それよりはマシだろうと思っています。

関連するQ&A

• to meetingとは?

People are laughing over this girl’s different reactions to meeting Obama and Trump. このto meetではなくto meetingなのでしょうか? よろしくお願いします。

• 友人からの英文メール・言葉の意味について

お世話になります。 オーストラリアにいる友人から送られてきたメール中の言葉の意味がわかりません。 意味を教えていただけないでしょうか。 話の流れはオーストラリアの話をしてて、 「私はまだ行ったことないからまたいい場所教えてね~」といった文章の返信です。 『Well if you come to Australia it is such a beautiful place with night people』 との返信なのですが、night people ってなんでしょうか。 夜の人…? ご存じの方、どうぞよろしくお願いします((+_+))

• 和訳してくれませんか?お願いします★

これを和訳して下さい! What do you do When you meet somebody?Do you shake hands or bow? Doyoukiss or just say hi? greetings are different from culture to culture. Many people shake hands in various situations. In English-speaking countrys,people shake hands When they meet for the first time. They also shake hands When they say goodbye. よろしくお願いします★

• A Mother's Lullaby

夏休みの課題です。 英語が全くダメなので← 得意な方、訳お願いします;; A big,old tree stands by a road near the city of Hiroshima. Through the years,it has seen many things. One summer night the tree heard a lullaby. A mother was singing to her little girl under the tree. They looked happy,and the song sounded sweet. But the tree remembered something sad. "Yes,it was some sixty years ago. I heard a lullaby that night, too." (以下は、この木の回想です。) On the morning of that day,a big bomb fell on the city of Hiroshima. Many people lost their lives,and over their bodies. I was very sad when I saw those people. It was a very hot day. Some of the people fell down near me. I said to them, "Come and rest in my shade. You'll be all right soom." Night came. Some people were already dead. I heard a weak voice. It was a lullaby. A young girl was singing to a little boy. "Mommy! Mommy!" the boy cried. "Don't cry." the girl said. "Mommy is here." Then she began to sing again. 続きます(泣)

• 英語の間違いについて

少し長いのですが・・・ First, I am going to talk about friends. Many people have views. (たくさんの人がそれぞれの考え方を持っている) And it is not similar. (それは似ていない) If I had live in a big city, I could meet people who have some views. I have friends when I was high school student. Some friends of mine goes to college. But others don't go to college. This is because they have a dream. A friend of mine wants to be dancer. She don't go to college, but go to dance school. Thus, I can meet many people because I live in a big city. So I can make many friends. They and I have different views. Therefore, I like talk people. I suppose that we can meet many people in a big city than a small town. もし、間違いやアドバイスなどあれば教えてください。

• 高校入試レベルの英語

お願いします。 1 次の各組の文がほぼ同じ内容を表すように()に適切な語を書きなさい (1) The girl with long hair is my sister. The girl ( ) ( ) long hair is my sister (2) This question is not as difficult as that one. this question is ( )( ) that one. (3) Tom came to japan last year and is still in Tokyo. Tom ( )( ) in Tokyo since last year. (4) A mouse said to a cat, Please don't eat me. A mouse said to a cat, I don't ( ) you to eat me. 2 次の()に適切な語を書きなさい。 (1) 彼女は私と同じくらいの年齢で、同じくらいの背の高さでした。  She was about my age and was ( )( )( ) I. (2)  彼女が何を言ったのかを理解することは、今度はそんなに難しくありませんでした。   Now ( ) was not so difficult ( ) understand what she said. 以上です。 お願いします。

• 歌詞の中の"like up there"の意味

いつもお世話になっています。 The EaglesのThe Last Resortという曲の歌詞の一節に Can't wait to tell you all, what it's like up there という部分がありますが、特にwhat以下がどうもピンときません。 いちおう最初からそのパラグラフまでの歌詞を載せておきました。 もし、上記二行の解釈などおわかりになる方などいらっしゃいましたら、是非ご教示いただければと思います。 She came from Providence the one in Rhode Island Where the old world shadows hang heavy in the air She packed her hopes and dreams like a refugee Just as her father came across the sea She heard about a place people were smilin' They spoke about the red man's way, and how they loved the land And they came from everywhere to the Great Divide Seeking a place to stand or a place to hide Down in the crowded bars, out for a good time, 『Can't wait to tell you all, what it's like up there』 And they called it paradise I don't know why Somebody laid the mountains low while the town got high

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

During Bono's teenage years the Seven Towers housing project was in place, which relocated families to the Ballymun flats. "They were very unhappy, they were angry, they were annoyed, these were the people we would meet as young teenagers," he said. "A lot of my early memories of teenage years were of violence, and the sheer fear of leaving the house, going to catch the bus," he added. "That [song] has all the dignity of that neighbourhood. Some dark characters indeed, but the general decency of people, the goodness, is in [the] guitar solo. I couldn't have achieved that," he told music podcast Song Exploder.

• 訳お願いしますm(._.)m

訳お願いします! (1)People living in farmhouses have been recommended to use biomass stoves because heating by solar energy may not be enough for winter. (2)For biomass stoves they burn straw, elephant grass, and potato tops grown on the island, or sometimes ox manure from the farms. (3)If other types of stoves such as gas or electric were already being used, people were asked to change to biomass stoves in order to meet the island's energy policy. (4)But people were not forced to change their living habits. (5)Samso's environmental policy for this project was to conduct it in a democratic way. (6)So, people studied about energy until they understood why they were doing this.

• 和訳をお願いします。

和訳をお願いします。 1.He told me not to go out alone at night. 2.He didn't tell me to stop playing the video game at once. 3. I could hardly understand the foreigner's rapid English. 4.Few people believed that he was innocent of the crime. 5.He is seldom absent from school. 6.Ihope it won't be rainy to tomorrow. お願いします。