• 締切済み

私の英訳を直して下さい

問題文 昨年夏に表面化した米国の低所得者向け(サブプライム)住宅ローン問題は、解決の決め手が見つからないまま、年を越してしまった。 しかし、最終的には実現に至らなかったものの、米3大銀行が設立準備を進めた「サブプライム支援基金」の交渉過程で、日本の通貨「円」に対する新たな一面が見られた事は大きな収穫だった。 訳 Subprime lending -hosing loan- problem emerged last summer has still no key(clue?) of solution even now when it just be new year. However,although it didn't become real,we are much sutisfied to find out their new movement of Japanese currency -yen- in the process of attempt to estabish "subprime lending support funds"by Us big three companies. 以上です。よろしくお願いします^^

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数3

みんなの回答

回答No.1

こんにちわ。 第1文: 貴英文は ... emerged last year has ... となっていますが、続けるなら ... emerged last year and has ... のようにandが入ります。 when it just be new year は make sense しないでしょう。で、貴英文を生かすと以下のようになるのではないでしょうか。 The subprime housing loan problem emerged last year in the U.S. and still has no key to solution even today when we have greeted the new year. 試訳: The subprime mortgage loan problem, which emerged last year in the U.S. has seen the new year in without any cure for solution. 第2文: 貴英文で気づいた点を少し。日本文につられて(?)although it didn't become realとされたのでしょうが、この英文をこの場所に入れても、何がdidn7t become realかわからにでしょう。また、「実現しなかった」とは「基金の創設」という意味でしょうから、そのように英文を書いたほうがいいでしょう(create/establish a fund)。their new movementとなっていますが、their とは何をさすのですか? また、new movement of Japanese currency とはどういう意味合いですか? in the process of の後はattemt でなく attempting。 「銀行」はcompany(nies)とは言いません。bank(s) とか (money) lending insitution(s)など。 貴英文を生かし、日本文を参考にすると、以下のようなかんじになるのではないでしょうか? However, we were satisfied to have withnessed a new aspect of yen, the Japanese currency, in the process of negotiation in connection with three major U.S. banks' failed attempt to establish a subprime housing loan rescue fund. が、この英文では、negotiationという語があり、どことどこのネゴなのか? 「円の新たな一面」とは何か?等の疑問がでてくるので、文法的には問題ななさそうな英文でしょうが、言葉の本来の目的である「メッセージを伝える」という視点からは×でしょう。 問題は、この日本文が何を伝えたいのか正確にわからない点にあるのではないでしょうか?「円の新たな一面」と「サブプライム問題」がどう関係しているのか?です。だから、この日本文の意味するところ(何を伝えたいのか)がわからない、のです。 もし、「円の新たな一面」というのが、資金参加を要請された日本の銀行が、米3大銀行の要請を拒否したことで円をベースとする日本の銀行の新しい局面(今までは米国にsubservientだったが)を見た(いい意味で)、ということであれば、 試訳(2例): The housing loan turmoil, however, has provided a good opportunity for us to observe what decision Japanese mega banks have made in response to a call from three major U.S. banks for their failed attempt to create a subprime bailout fund. It was, however, very interesting to learn how Japanese mega banks responded to a request from three major U.S. banks for attempting to establish a rescue fund to prevent the lending turmoil from expanding. ご参考までに。

質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。大変参考になります。 気長に返事を待つつもりでおりましたので、返答が遅くなり申し訳ありませんでした。 私にとって非常にありがたいご指摘が多かったです。 またmortageと言う単語はサブプライムの記事で見たことがあり、貴英文はかなり実際的なものであろうと感じました。

関連するQ&A

• 英訳をお願いします…

英訳をお願いします… 「円高による円転実施」 Due to the rise in yen, smooth flow of currency になりますか?

• 英訳お願いいたします。

This session comes as an update to the new campaign launched in 2011 by the four companies running the B bridge by extending it to C bridge. この文章のextending itのitが指しているものは new campaign であってますでしょうか? 全体の訳を教えていただきたくよろしくお願いいたします。

• 英訳お願いします。

長いのですが、英訳お願いします。 困っています…涙。 However secularized our modern civilization may become,this sacred tradition remains like a river in the desert,and a genuine religious education can still use it to irrigate the thirsty lands and to change the face of the world with the promise of new life. The great obstacle is the failure of Christians themselves to understand the depth of that tradition and the inexhaustible possibilities of new life that it contains.

• 円高の意味について…

「円高による円転実施」ってどういう意味なのですか?そもそも「円高」になったらどうなるか分かりません (>人<;) 英語だとこんな感じですか? 「Due to the rise in yen, smooth flow of currency」

• taken it upon herself

Grandma is very, very religious and has taken it upon herself to attempt to convert our new 2-month-old son. taken it upon herself to attempt to convert our new 2-month-old sonは「新しい2歳の息子を改宗しようと試みることを買ってでた」で良いでしょうか?has tried to attempt to~と言っても同じような気がするのですが、どうなのでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 英訳おねがいします。

2つ質問させてください。よろしくお願いします。 (1) HIROSHIMA (Kyodo) The Cabinet Secretariat has filed a document with the Hiroshima District Court showing it paid 220 million yen in discretionary funds to then Chief Cabinet Secretary Hidenao Nakagawa in 2000, sources close to the case said Saturday. 上のHIROSHIMAのところと、withがどこまでにかかっているのかがわかりません。 (2) As the reports were mainly based on evidence provided by a woman who claims to have been involved in an affair with Nakagawa, the publisher has called on the court to examine the secretariat's expenditures to determine whether her testimony is trustworthy. involvedのところをどう訳したらいいのでしょうか?

• 英訳を教えてください

いつもお世話になっております。 以下の英訳で「If it gets thought of at all,」の意味がしっくりきません。 There do not appear to be any new principles or cool algorithms involved. If it gets thought of at all, it's treated like incontinence underwear - people want to pretend it doesn't exist. アドバイスをどうぞ宜しくお願いいたします。

• ちょっと難しい英訳

英訳なのですが、難しい文章でイマイチわかりません。。。 どなたか訂正していただけると嬉しいです! よろしくお願いします! 二つ目のメリットは、「救急設備が充実する」です。 救急車の利用者に料金を負担させることによって、救急設備にお金を回すことができるようになります。一年間の全搬送者が約430万人なので、一回の利用を一万円としても430億円の増収となり、救急設備は確実に充実します。 the second merit is "improvement of emergency equipment".In other words, we get possible to invest money in first aid facilities by letting a user of an ambulance bear a rate. Because a person used an ambrella per a year is about 4,300,000, it is increased income of 43,000,000,000 yen for 10,000 yen by one use. emergency equipmentare filled up surely.

• カジュアルな英訳お願いします(その15)

英訳宜しくお願い致します。 1 道に500円落ちてたら絶対に拾うな、誰も周りにいなかったら今のオレなら拾うな。  でも、さすが10万円なら警察にとどけるな。  If 500yen is on the road, I take it to my pocket abusolutely.And nobody is there ,I'll take even 10,000yen in my situation. But even those situation, I'll never 100,000yen take it to my pocket,I'll go the police office. Maybe・・・・・・ 2 嫁さんのリンパ浮腫の調子が悪くてまいったなぁ。  My wife had a uterine cancer's surgery about 6 years before,then she became an edema of lymph. She is in bad shape. I feel sorry for her,but what can I do for her? I have no idea. 3 これが自由診療っていうんだから辛いよな、お金なんかないよ。  This kind of medical treatment is all individual payment.It's tough to us like have no much money. 4 考えてみれば、ここ何年間あんまりオレ達夫婦笑ったことないなぁ。  Think of our situation,we have not laugh for several years. 5 オレの辞書には明るい言葉は無い。  If I make a dictinary,it has no happy words. 宜しくお願いします。

• 英訳をお願いします

以下の英文を訳してください。 But, as a matter of fact, it didn't, and when it still didn't after more than a year, those remarks that were meant to be kind and reassuring - "ALL young children learn a new language quickly and easily." - began to have the opposite effect.