• ベストアンサー

suffer について

以下の問題で添削ついでに質問があるのですが、 suffer は能動態で使うのでしょうか? 受動態で使うのでしょうか? 問題 「もしボランティア活動をするとしたら、あなたはどのようなことをしたいか。理由とともに70語程度の日本語で述べよ。」 回答 [I`d like to go to an area which has sufferd from a severe natural disaster,like a flood or an earthqueke,and help its victims. This is because I sufferd through the great Hanshin earthquake and I am very grateful to the volunteers working in Kobe,who helped me a lot. I was deeply moved by their self-sacrificing attitude. I`d like to repay their kindness by participating in volunteer work to help suffering people.] 訳 「私は洪水や地震などの深刻な自然災害の受けた地域に行き、被害者を助けたい。わけは私は阪神大震災を受け、私を手助けしてくれた神戸でのボランティアにとても感謝しているからだ。私は彼等の献身的な態度に深く感動した。被害者を助けるボランティアに参加することで彼等の親切に恩返しをしたい。」

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
noname#42396
noname#42396
回答No.2

おはようございます。 ここまでの実力のある人には 余計なアドバイスはいらないと思いますが、一応。 最初の質問についてなんですが、 [suffer]は自動詞としても他動詞としても使えます。 ので、[suffering people]という表現はOKです。 唯[suffer O]より、[suffer from O]のほうが普通ですね。 これも [an area which has suffered from a severe natural disaster] と押さえていますね。 さすがです。 [This is because I suffered through the great Hanshin earthquake ] この部分は[groan]か、 [distress]の受動態のほうがいい気もしましたが、 それほど問題にならないでしょう。 知らない単語を無理にこね回すよりも、 既知の単語をフルに活用しようという姿勢に むしろ好感を覚えました。 あとは、#1さんの言うとおり、 もう少し具体性をもたせることですね。 スペルミスはそんなに気にしすぎる必要はないですよ。

sinku828
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。 次回もがんばってみます

その他の回答 (1)

• mabomk
  • ベストアンサー率40% (1414/3521)
回答No.1

I’d like to go to an area which has suffered from a severe natural disaster, like a flood or an earthquake, and help its victims. This is because I suffered through the great Hanshin earthquake and I am very grateful to the volunteers working in Kobe, who helped me a lot. I was deeply moved by their self-sacrificing attitude. I’d like to repay their kindness by participating in volunteer work to help suffering people. お世辞抜きで大変良い出来だと思います。一つだけ、「suffer」が三回も出てくるので一寸しつこいのか他と思う向きもあるかも。 「sufferd→suffered」 と訂正しました。 設問は「どのようなことをしたいのか?」と聞いているのにうまく答えていません、最初の「like to go to area which」辺りで微かに匂うだけで、このあたりを補足して、書き直してみると。 After my own experience after the great Hanshin earthquake, I found I would work as a volunteer staff at places suffered severely from natural disasters. I know people there really need helpful hands in their every daily life. I was so deeply moved by self-sacrificing works given by volunteer group who assisted us to recover our daily life. I know I can repay their great works when I can help other people in need.

sinku828
質問者

補足

すみません。スペルミスに気づきませんでした… 参考にしてみます。

関連するQ&A

• 和訳をお願いします

I would like to order few items on your website. Nevertheless I am not a user of ebay. And do not want to start to create an account on ebay. Is their any other possibilities for me to order these items ?

• 英語の添削してください

I was interested in your dance team. Then, I saw it and moved by their dancing. I'd like to acquire how to dance like them. (私はあなたのダンスチームに興味がありました。そして、見ると、彼らのダンスに感動しました。わたしも彼らのように踊れる技術を身につけたいです) 間違っている箇所などあれば、指摘してほしいです。 よろしくお願いします。

• よろしくお願いします

After getting into the idol fandom through AKB and its sister groups, I almost completely switched over to following Nogizaka and Keyakizaka. Part of it had to do with pretty much all my favourite AKB members being graduated by the time I started paying attention to the group, and not getting hooked on the more current members. Now I keep a few tabs on the members that I still like, and listen to a few of the songs, but not too much more than that. I fell in love with Nogizaka first through their personalities. Nogizakatte, Doko? and Nogizaka Under Construction are fantastic variety shows in their own right, and it's carried by the members' personalities and facilitated by superb MCs. keep a few tabs onとfantastic variety shows in their own rightの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• 和訳をよろしくお願いします

The other day I happened to see an elderly female neighbor fall. She lives behind us, and I saw her tumble. I raced out, helped notify her husband, and helped him help her up; she was OK. The next day he came by with a thank-you card and $50 in gift cards. My issue is the real guilt I feel for accepting them because I feel like I didn’t do anything worthy of a reward, and I don’t feel that returning the gift cards will help anything. I feel like any person seeing another in peril would help as best he or she could. I feel like any person seeing another in peril would help as best he or she could.の和訳をよろしくお願いします

• 英文の和訳

和訳をしていただけるかた のみで、お願いできますでしょうか? 定型文となりますので 抽象的だと思いますが どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。 In the old days the declination and longitude of every planet and star had to be calculated by hand. A terrible task, an awesome task, taking many hours to complete and the chart itself was drawn up by hand using mathematical instruments. When I began to study astrology I learned and used the old tables of houses and planets, the pen and compass and the old authentic methods. I wanted to know astrology thoroughly. To me it was like and old and neglected building, I wanted to restore it to its former glory. The chart was like deciphering an ancient book of signs and symbols and translating them for you into language you can understand. From these symbols I can draw up a distinct picture of the future love of your life.

• window sleeve

I work with the public and would like to remind readers not to carry their Social Security cards in their wallets, because if a card is lost or stolen, a person could become the victim of identity theft. On numerous occasions, I have had transactions with an elderly gentleman, and each time he opens his wallet, I see his Social Security card prominently displayed under a window sleeve. displayed under a window sleeveの意味をよろしくお願いします

• よろしくお願いします

My wife's niece, a high school senior, is a beautiful girl with an excellent, well-proportioned figure. Like many girls her age, she's narcissistic and obsessed with her looks, and constantly posting pictures of herself on social media. She's off to college in a few months, and in order to ensure she's attractive to boys, wants to get a boob job. She works in a clothing store and has saved toward the cost. Her mother and aunt are supportive and willing to help her pay for it. Their logic is, they both had boob jobs. However, they had theirs done well into their 40s, after their children were born and as clear-thinking adults. I feel being supportive of an 18-year-old making such a major decision for what I think is the wrong reason is irresponsible parenting. I feel being supportive of an 18-year-old making such a major decision for what I think is the wrong reason is irresponsible parenting.のwhat I think is the wrong reason is irresponsible parenting.はisは2回出てきて文法的によくわからないので解説と和訳をよろしくお願いします

• Big Girls Don't Cryの歌詞

こんにちは。 Fergieの曲「Big Girls Don't Cry」で We've got some straightenin' out to do And I'm gonna miss you like a child misses their blanket But I've got to get a move on with my life という部分があります。 I'm gonna miss you like a child misses their blanket は"a child"なのに何故"their" blanketなのですか? I'm gonna miss you like children miss their blanket なら納得がいきます。 歌詞だと三人称の"s"をつけなかったり、"it doesn't"を"it don't"としたりするのでその類いでしょうか。 よろしくお願いします。

• この英語の文章は正しいのでしょうか?

英語で自己紹介をしたいのですが、 この文章は正しいのでしょうか・・・。 「私は動物が大好きで、少しでもたくさんの命を救うお手伝いがしたいと 思い、この仕事を選びました。 ぜひよろしくお願いします。」 下記の文章はyahoo翻訳で翻訳したのですが、このままでも、 大丈夫でしょうか・・・。 よろしくお願いいたします。 I loved an animal and wanted to do a help to save slightly a lot of life and chose this work. By all means thanking you in advance よろしくお願いします。

• 和訳をよろしくお願いします

I work in an administrative capacity for an elected official who has quite a bit of discretion in how they choose to disburse their budget. Recently everyone in the office—except the administrative staff—was given a huge raise. I found out by accident: Someone stupidly asked me a question about the money. I figured out what had happened and someone else in the office confirmed the massive pay increases. This official runs on a platform of reducing income inequality, and their hypocrisy makes me resentful and angry. I work in an administrative capacity for an elected official who has quite a bit of discretion in how they choose to disburse their budget.とThis official runs on a platform of reducing income inequality,の和訳をよろしくお願いします