• ベストアンサー

文法問題です

We believe there( to be )an accident at the corner two days ago. ここで質問なのですが、この括弧のところはto have beenではないのですか?thereを調べてみると、動詞+there to be Aで「AがあることをVする」とあります。 two days agoとあることからも、to have beenが正しいと 思うのですが。。 分かる方いらっしゃいましたら、宜しくお願いします。

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.1

two days ago とありますので, おっしゃる通り文法的には 完了形の不定詞を用いた to have been の方が正しいです。

suika19850
質問者

お礼

そうですよね。考えが間違っていなくて良かったです。 ありがとうございました。またお世話になるかもしれませんが、 その際は宜しくお願いします。

関連するQ&A

• 文法4択問題

We believe there to be an accident two days ago. これでto beとなるのはおかしくないでしょうか? two days agoと来ているのでto have beenとしないと 間違いじゃないんですか?

• 語法問題で躓いています。

センターを目の前にしています。 英文法が弱いので教えてください。 問1.We believe there ( ) an accident at the corner two days ago. (1)being (2)have been (3)to be (4)to have been 正解はto have beenなのですがなぜ have beenではダメなんでしょうか?   問2.Our success depends on the degree( ) he will help us. (1)which (2)on what (3)to which (4)on which 正解はto whichなのですが なぜwhichではダメなのでしょうか? 問3.( ) to produce a brown-eyed child. (1)Two blue-eyed parents are genetically impossible (2)It's genetically unable for two blue-eyed parents (3)It's not genetically possible for two blue-eyed parents (4)For tow blue-eyed parents, there is no 正解は3なのですがそれぞれどこに文法の傷があるのでしょうか? 問4.The price of books is getting ( ) these days. (1)cheaper (2)higher (3)more affordable (4)more expensive なぜcheaperではダメなのでしょうか? 問5.This is ( ) for me to carry. (1)too heavy a bag (2)so heavy a bag (3)such a heavy bag (4)too a heavy bag なぜsuch a heavy bagではダメなのでしょうか? 以上5問について解説をお願いします。 量が多くてすみません。 15日までに回答をお願いします!

• どうして間違いなのか教えてください

There seems ____ a big earthquake here several hundred years ago. to be/to have been/to happen/to have occurred という問題なのですが、正解は to have occurred でした。to have been はどうして間違いなのかわかりません。 問題集(富田の入試英文法)の解説には、地震は「出来事」であるから、状態動詞の be で表わすことはできない。とありました。 しかし、There was a big earthquake last year. ということができるのですから、出来事も be 動詞で表わせるのではないかと思います。

• 文法上の問題です。

The boy appeared to have been hurt in the accident. (その男の子は事故でけがをしたようだった) 上の文のhurtは、形容詞「怪我をした」として働いているのですか?それとも、動詞hurt の過去分詞として働いているのですか?

• 文法

解答解説をしていただけないでしょうか。お願い致します。 1 “Did you enjoy the party?” “It was okay, but I'd rather () to a movie.” アgo イbe going ウhave gone エbeen gone 2 You can use a large plastic bottle, () cut off, as a pot to grow young plants in. アthe top is イthe top of which ウwhose top エwith its top 3 I asked her several questions, but she () not answer any of them. アmight イmust ウshould エwould 4 He would still be alive () he refused to go to the battlefield then. アif イhad ウprovided エunless 5 She did not look so () afraid as deeply suspicious. アwell イmuch ウbetter エmore 6 The weather was () that we had to stay indoors all day. アso much イsuch ウgreat エso 7 Human beings differ from other animals () they can use language. アat which イin that ウfor that エwith which 8 It is true that love is important. Still, money is () important. アmuch イlittle ウno more エno less 9 There is not one of us () wishes to help you. アwhom イwhose ウbut エas 10 This suitcase is very small. There () room in it. アisn't much イaren't any ウaren't much エisn't many 1 It appears () that he was a very famous musician in his youth. He appears () () () a very famous musician in his youth. 2 I hope you will not scold him because he did not come on time. I hope you will not scold him for () () come on time. 3 The rope wasn't very strong. It couldn't support him. The rope wasn't () () () support him. 4 I reminded her that health was important. I reminded her () the () of health. 5 We believe there was an accident at the corner two days ago. We believe () to () () an accident at the corner two days ago. 6 He worked hard;otherwise he would have failed. He worked hard;if () () () hard, he would have failed. 7 I said to him, “Don't speak until you are spoken to.” I told him () () () until () () spoken to.

• 文法問題で教えてください

1. The professor is believed to ( ) on his current research for over 20 years. (A) have been working (B) work (C) have worked (D) be working 正解(A) その教授は、現在行っている研究を20年間ずっとし続けていると信じられている。 「to have + 過去分詞」は He seems to have been rich. 「彼は以前お金持ちであったように思われる」 のように過去のことを表すものだと思うのですが、 1.の文では現在完了のように過去から現在までの継続を表しているようです。 これはどう解釈すればいいのでしょうか?

• ■英文法■ これは、現在完了形なのでしょうか?

There have been several insurance frauds committed to collect the policy's money. 訳は、(保険金を目当てに、保険金詐欺をするやつがいるんです。)となっています。 ここでのThere have beenを使った文法がわかりません。 これはどういう文法になりますか? 現在完了だとしたら、beenのあとに動詞の過去分詞がくるのではないかと思って混乱しています。

• 文法問題

( )に入る番号を教えて下さい! (1)( )his term paper in haste,Mike made a lot of mistakes. (1)Do (2)Done (3)Having done (4)Does (2)My mother ( )shck, I cooked dinner. (1)be (2)being (3)been (4)to be (3)My sister worked hard,( )into the university at last. (1)get (2)gets (3)getting (4)gotten (4)( )at the sight,I could not move. (1)Shock (2)Shocked (3)shocking (4)To shock (5)( ) (1)To talk of sports,I like tennis best. (2)Talked of sports,I like tennis best. (3)Talking of sports ,I like tennis best. (6)( ) (1)Strictly speaking,he is not a novelist. (2)To be strict speaking,he is not a novelist. (3)Speak strict,he is not a novelist. (7)( ) (1)There was no bus,I had to walk there. (2)There being no bus,I had to walk there. (3)Being no bus, I had to walk there. (8)If you had helped me,I ( )my work. (1)cannot finish (2)could not have finished (3)could not be finished (4)can have finished (9)If I ( )Keiko's address,I would write to her. (1)know (2)am knowing (3)would know (4)knew

• TOEFLの文法問題

TOEFLの文法問題です。 At the end of a kaleidoscope ____, one made of clear glass and the other of ground glass. A.two plates are B.two plates are there C.are two plates there D.are two plates 副詞句による前置の問題で答えはDであるのがわかります。 ですが、もし____に”are there two plates”と入れたら通じますか。 there are two platesの倒置として どなた分かる方がいらっしゃいましたら、ご教授お願いします。

• 英語 文法問題 質問

家の事情で宅浪なんです。質問出来る人がいなくて…お願いします。 (1)・・・ on condition that you give them [back] to me tomorrow. この[back]は動詞?形容詞?なんですか!? ※give O Oってありますけど関係ありますか? (2)Ifihad passed the exam,I [would be] a college student now. [ ]の中would have beenじゃダメなんですか!?(4択でこれを選びました) (3)All the machines are available [to] whoever wants to use them. この[to]はなんですか? (4)I may have caugh cold [,for] I have a fever. [ ]の中はどう訳すのでしょうか? (5)Japanese cars are known for their efficient [use] of gas. このuseは動詞?それとも違う?? forの後は名詞的なものが続くんですか?