• ベストアンサー

添削お願いいたします.

こんばんは. 英文を和訳に訳しました。 よろしくお願いいたします. (1)Greg Stone, a scientist studying ocean life, says the day will come when we will find new animals and make other discoveries we cannot even imagine. →海の生活を研究している科学者グレッグストーンは私たちが新しい動物を見つけたり、私たちが創造することすらできない他のものを知ることができる日がいつか来るといっている。 (2)"We won't know what it holds until we get there," he says. →「私たちはそこに着くまで何があるのかわかりません。」と彼はいう。 よろしくお願いいたします。

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数3

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • go_urn
  • ベストアンサー率57% (938/1643)
回答No.2

こんばんは! (1)Greg Stone, a scientist studying ocean life, says the day will come when we will find new animals and make other discoveries we cannot even imagine. 海の生活を研究している科学者グレッグストーンは私たちが新しい動物を見つけたり、私たちが創造することすらできない他のものを知ることができる日がいつか来るといっている。 ☆Greg Stone=a scientist studying ocean life 「海の生活を研究している科学者グレッグストーンは」「同格」の訳がきちんとできています! ☆ただ、life は、「生活」「生命」「人生」と訳し分けねばならない厄介な言葉で、ここでは「生命」の意味から、「海洋生物」くらいがいいでしょう。 ☆says the day will come when ~の訳もできています! ☆make other discoveries we cannot even imagine のとこですが、discoveries は具体的には、変った生物を発見したりすることです。 ●海洋生物を研究している科学者グレッグストーンは、(海の中に)新種の海洋動物や、想像することさえできないような他の生物を発見する日が来るだろうと言っている。 (2)"We won't know what it holds until we get there," he says. 「私たちはそこに着くまで何があるのかわかりません。」と彼はいう。 ☆ it が何を指すか、これだけではわかりませんが、ある場所を指しているようなので、「そこ」と訳すと、what it holds は、「その場所が何を持っているか」→「その場所に何がいるか」という意味です。 ●「その場所に何がいるかは、そこに行ってみるまで分かりません」と彼は言う。 以上、御参考になれば幸いです。

gladkitty
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございました! とっても丁寧でわかりやすかったです

その他の回答 (1)

• ANASTASIAK
  • ベストアンサー率19% (658/3306)
回答No.1

(1) 海の生命を研究している科学者グレッグストーンは、私たちが 新種の動物を見つけ、また、私たちが創造することすらできない これら以外の発見をする日が来るだろうといっている。 (2) 「そこに着いてはじめてそれが何があるのかがわかるのだ。」と彼はいう。

gladkitty
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございました 簡潔でわかりやすかったです・

関連するQ&A

• 和訳をお願いします。

和訳をお願いします。 Greg Stone, a scientist studying ocean life, says the day will come when we will find new animals and make other discoveries we cannot even imagine. "We won't know what it holds until we get there", he says.

• 英作文の問題です よろしければ添削お願い致します

(簡単なご指摘で大助かりです) - テキストの正解: Some scientist think that dolphins are the most intelligent animals in the world after mankind, and that we way be able to talk with them one day. ※イルカは人間についで最も知能が高く、やがて彼らとの対話も夢では無いと考えてる科学者もいる。 私の文: There are some scientists who think that the dolphins are intelligent second to human beings, and we will able to talk with them in the future. よろしくお願いいたします。

• 英語エッセイ添削お願いします。

Biodiversityの重要性と、その社会への影響を200語程度にまとめよと出題され、以下のように書きました。 Biodiversity is important in two respects.. First, biodiversity prevents sudden food crisis. Diversity of a species means that it is strong enough to survive. Suppose that we grow genetically same crops made by the clone technology. If one crop gets ill, the other crops will also get ill because they are genetically the same. This may lead to extinction of the whole species and we will face a world-wide food crisis. Second, biodiversity will leave us the possibility of curing for some serious diseases. Scientists have only succeeded in studying less than one percent of species of plants, animals and insects living on the earth though there are more than 10 million of them. The diversity is so great. But they are on the verge of extinction. We must preserve them because there are possibilities that we will find new kinds of medicine among these unknown species with which we will be able to treat incurable diseases such as cancer, AIDS and so on. We have to prevent these living matters from dying out before we find them. なんか締まらない感じなんですがどうすればいいでしょう?

• 添削してください!

貿易用語です。 以下の文の添削をお願いします。 英語にまったく自信がないので添削というより良い英訳を教えて頂きたいくらいです・・(泣) 「御社の注文において運賃前払いでならなかったにも関わらずB/L上ではコレクトになってしまっています。 B/L他すべての書類を御社に送付済みですが、船会社よりB/Lを訂正しコレクトからプリペイドにするとのことです。 御社に届いている書類の扱いについては後ほど弊社か船会社よりご連絡差し上げますのでお待ちください。 よろしくお願いします。」 ------------------------------------------ Regarding to your order, though ocean freight must been prepaid, it is "collect" on B/L. We have already sended you B/L and other documents, but shipping company says that they will amend the B/L(collect to prepaid). The treating for the documents which we sended, we (or shipping company) will inform to you later. Please wait for more information. -------------------------------------------- 単語・文法・他このような状況で付け加えた方がいい文言などありましたら教えてください。 よろしくお願いします。

• 添削をお願いします!

高校で資料を参考にして、エッセイを書く課題が出ました。 一度書いてみたので添削をお願いします! ※文章構成(first of all, secondly In conclusion と 最初のパラグラフと最後のパラグラフとの内容が被ること)に関しては学校からの指示なので、そのままでお願いします。 ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ People had better be concerned about climatic change. One of the things that are in question most and most influential is global warming. These days, global warming has been serious. If we took preventive measures against global warming thoroughly, we would be in peril of our life. Also the Island whose altitude is low may sink in the sea because the ice in the arctic is malted by rising temperature and sea water. First of all, according to the report from Nasa in 2005, the amount of sea ice that floats in the chilly arctic is much less than what it used to be. This report says that it is probably because of warmer arctic temperature. This thing is so serious. But now global warming has been in progress in spite of the official date like this is going public. Secondly, the report says that the amount of sea ice that floats in the chilly arctic is much less than what it used to be. This report says that it is probably because of warmer arctic temperature. This change may surprise many people even who don’t take interest in global warming. We are not able to keep this the situation any more. In conclusion, we had better think of global warming and need to immediately start working out solutions for this problem. Otherwise, we will really be in peril of our life. ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ ※念のために言いたいことを大まかに日本語で書いておきます※ ^------------------------------------- 人々はもっと気候変動について気にかけるべきである。もっとも影響があり問題となっているのが地球温暖化だ。近年、地球温暖化は深刻化してきている。もし私たちが徹底的に地球温暖化を防がなければ、生命の危機に瀕することになるかもしれない。また、海水や気温の上昇により北極の氷が溶け、水面が上昇して海抜が低い島々は海に沈んでしまうかもしれません。  第一に、NASAの2005年に調査によると、「資料抜粋:the amount of sea ice that floats in the chilly arctic is much less than what it used to be. This report says that it is probably because of warmer arctic temperature.」これのことはとても深刻です。しかし今でもこのような調査が公表されているにも関わらず地球温暖化は進行しています。 次に、この調査は「資料抜粋each year, during the month of September, the amount of sea ice floating in the Arctic Ocean is typically at its lowest amount for the entire year. That year, and all the way back to 2002, the amount of sea ice has been 20% less than the average amount seen normally between 1979 and 2005.」ということを示しています。この変化は、地球温暖化に興味がない多くの人々でさえも驚かせてしまうかもしれません。私たちはこの状況をこれ以上そのままにしておくことはできないのです。 要するに、私たちはもっと地球温暖化のことを考え、この問題について対策を練る必要があります。そうでなければ、本当に命の危険にさらされるかもしれないのです。

• 英作文の添削をお願いします!

英語でスピーチをする予定があり、原稿を作ったのですが、文法や自然な表現に自信がないので、長文ですが添削をお願いします!^^ Are you happy? Of course there are many happy, enjoyable things. Sports, movies, shopping, and so forth. However, there are also many unhappy, depressive things. Do you surely think you are really happy? Today, the world is facing many serious problems. Discrimination, poverty, war, and so forth. However, we Japanese don’t have such serious problems. We were born in blessed, rich land, Japan. We can eat, buy what we want, and …..live. Then, what are the problems? Big one of the problems Japan facing is a problem of stress. I also suffer from the stress. “One pair of half pants is called pajamas”. “I’m called a Yankee because my hair is gold.” I’ll move on my topic. There are many stress. Human relationships, anxiety, a sense of inferiority, the number of stress is limitless. Because of these stress, many people cannot imagine bright future, only suffer from stress. If we suffer from stress, we cannot concentrate enjoyable things, and enjoy our lives. Stress has influence on not only our mind, but also our body. You can imagine depression as mental disease, difficult breathing, circulatory system and digestive system. To know these effects, perhaps you know how serious stress is. By the way, have you think of any solutions for stress? As I said before, there are many kind of stress, and those causes are also different. But I declare one cause of stress is broadcasting. This linkage is seemed unrealistic. However, media make us imagine there are full of sad accidents, crimes, disease and so on. We live in dark world. Why do we believe that? This is because we watch a number of news, broadcasting sad and dark things. Our brains believe the world we live is dark, not bright unconsciously. Of course there are not only dark ones, but also bright ones, but media focus on dark ones more easily, than bright ones. As I take one example, news about bullying. This news is broadcasted many times, and gathers much attention. That’s why our brains believe the world is full of sadness, hopeless. And we easily feel depression and suffer from stress. Then, how can we save ourselves? How can we release stress? Which way is the best way to solve the problem? Excluding the cause of stress? Or Changing society itself creating stress? Banning broadcasting dark news? All of them are not seemed effective way to solve it. Do we have to endure stress or deceive ourselves? We don’t suffer from stress. I’m OK. I’m OK. I’m happy No way. I refuse to do that. All we have to do is to deceive our brains. We have two simple choices to do. 1st is to look into just bright future. If we do that, our brains recognize only bright future without thinking and we think in a positive way. However, this way is not a perfect way. Some really suffer from stress and cannot look into bright future. Then, I will introduce 2nd way. 2nd is to appreciate 3 things every day and write down them. For example, I live with my aunt and she takes care of me. Now, I write down three things. 1st, “my aunt cooks a meal for me.” Thank to that, I keep my health and eat delicious food. 2nd, “every morning, my aunt sends me to the station.” That’s why I can save my time in the morning and sleep more. 3rd, “on my birthday, my aunt give me 1000 yen.” 1000 yen is not a little money!! To continue this, your brains will believe there are full of many happy, bright, fine things. We live in a happy world. Some of you think why this is beneficial for you? Yes. I’ll explain it. By getting this thought, positive way to look into your future, you suffer from less and less stress, and are released from stress. This is totally enough. And, the effect is not only reducing stress. Please don’t be surprised. By released from stress, your brains work well as 30%. You will not have trouble to studying. You will be able to get degree more easily. Good! If you got this thought, your future would be bright. I hope you will get bright future.

• エッセイの添削をお願いします!

高校で資料を参考にして、エッセイを書く課題が出ました。 一度書いてみたので添削をお願いします! ※文章構成(firstly, secondly In conclusion と 最初のパラグラフと最後のパラグラフとの内容が被ること)に関しては学校からの指示なので、そのままでお願いします。 以下 People had better be concerned about climatic change for ecosystem. It is global warming that one of the things that are in question most and most influential. These days, the affect the impact of global warming has been serious in Arctic. If we took preventive measures against it thoroughly, the animals on the ice in Arctic, such as, polar bear and earless seal, would be threatened with extinction. Firstly, according to the report from Nasa in 2005, the amount of sea ice that floats in the chilly arctic is much less than what it used to be. In other words, this report says that the environment which they can live on is not what it used to be. Secondly, the report says that each year, during the month of September, the amount of sea ice floating in the Arctic Ocean is typically at its lowest amount for the entire year. That year, and all the way back to 2002, the amount of sea ice has been 20% less than the average amount seen normally between 1979 and 2005. That is to say, it shows that the place which it is possible for them to live on has gradually decreasing. In the future, it and they may perfectly disappear. In conclusion, we had better think of what global warming affect them and need to immediately start working out solutions for this problem. Otherwise, they will really have died out by mankind. 以上 ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ ※念のために言いたいことを大まかに日本語で書いておきます※ ^------------------------------------- 人々はもっと生態系のためにも気候変動について気にかけるべきである。もっとも影響があり問題となっているのが地球温暖化だ。近年、北極での地球温暖化は深刻化してきている。もし私たちが徹底的に地球温暖化を防がなければ、ホッキョクグマやアザラシなどの北極で生活する動物たちが絶滅の危機に瀕することになるかもしれない。  第一に、NASAの2005年に調査によると、「資料抜粋:the amount of sea ice that floats in the chilly arctic is much less than what it used to be. This report says that it is probably because of warmer arctic temperature.」言いかえれば、このレポートは彼ら(北極に住む動物)の住む環境が昔と変わってきていることを示している。 次に、この調査は「資料抜粋each year, during the month of September, the amount of sea ice floating in the Arctic Ocean is typically at its lowest amount for the entire year. That year, and all the way back to 2002, the amount of sea ice has been 20% less than the average amount seen normally between 1979 and 2005.」ということを示しています。つまり、彼らが住むことができる場所が徐々に減ってきているということを示します。将来、その場所と彼らは完全に姿を消すかもしれません。 要するに、私たちはもっと地球温暖化とそれが与える動物への影響を考え、この問題について対策を練る必要があります。そうでなければ、彼らは人類によって本当に絶滅してしまうかもしれないのです。 ※※※ 学校からの指示としては、自分の意見を Scentists using satellites date have confirmed that the amount of sea ice that flats in the chilly arctic is much less than it used to be , and that's probably because of warmer Arctic temperatures. Earch year, during the month of September, the amount of sea ice floating in the Arctic Ocean is typically at its lowest amount for the entire year. That year, and all the way back to 2002, the amount of sea ice has been 20% less than the average amount seen normally between 1979 and 2005. という資料から二つ根拠をあげて述べろ という指示です。 長いですが添削をお願いします

• 和訳してください(>_<)

Have you ever seen the movie "Jurassic Park"? In this movie, biotechnology was used to revive extinct animals. Like the scientists in this movie, some people in real life are now trying to bring extinct animals back to life. Is this dream going to come true? At least a few scientists think so. They consider it possible to revive the long-extinct mammoth. If their plan succeeds, we will be able to see real living mammoths, just like the animals that appeared in "Jurassic Park." The mammoth used to live in the Arctic. It probably first appeared in Siberia, and then came to live in a wide area from Ireland to eastern North America. But about 10,000 years ago all the mammoths died. We do not know why. Some say they were hunted for food until they became extinct. Others say they were wiped out by a big change in climate, or by some disease.

• 翻訳お願いします

(1)The Secret Language of Dolphins. A mother dolphin talks to her baby ... by telephone! The special call was made in an aquarium in hawaii,where the mother and her two-year-old baby swam in sepatetanks. "It seemed clear that they knew who they were talking to,"says Don White. But what did they say? scientists are studying dolphins all over the world to understand their secret language. They don't understand everything yet, but they're listening .... and learning. Scientists think dolphins talk about everything, even such things as their age and how they are feeling. Scientists think that dolphins say things like "there are some good fish over here," or "watch out for that shark because he's hunting." "Sometimes one dolphin will speak and then another will seem to answer,"says Sara Waller, who studies bottlenose dolphins off the California coast. Sometimes they all talk at the same time-like people at a party. It is difficult to study dolphin speak in the sea because dolphins swim very quickly. Also, it seems that one sound can mean many different things. For example, when they are fighting, dolphins clap their mouths to say "go away!" But they make the same sound when they are playing. It's like humans. When you raise a hand, it might mean hello, good-bye, or stop. Scientists still don't understand everything dolphins say but one day, who knows, maybe you'll get a phone call from a dolphin. (2)Future Energy where will we get our energy? It's a bright sunny day. I put the last solar panel on my roof, I switch t on , and I have electicity. I'm free! Now, I won't have to worry about electric bills or oil prices, and I won't feel guilty about pollution. But what's this? A cloud passes in front of the aun and my lights go out! I'm going to have to start my generator and burn some more gasoline. This isn't going to be easy after all. We are going to have a big energy problem in the future. Today, the world uses 320 billion kilowatt-hours of energy a day. That's equal to about 22 light bulbs burning nonstop for every person on the planet. By 2100 we will use three times as much energy. How will we get the energy? At the moment, we get most of our energy from fossil fuels: coal, oil, and natural gas. But fossil fuels are dirty and they will not last forever. It the long term, we will have to find alternativas. We will need renewable energy. SOLAR POWER On a cloudy day near the city of Leipzig in the former East Germany, I walked across a field with 33,500 solar panels. It produces enough energy for 1800 homes. One problem with solar power is that it is expensive, but the cost of solar will fall as technology improves. "Thirty years ago it was cost- effective on satellites," says Daniel Shugar, president of Powerloght Corporation. "Today it can be cost-effectinve for powering houses and businesses." He tells us that in the future most houses will have solar panels. There are other problems with solar power. It needs a lot of space and, of course, it doesn't work at night. WIND POWER One afternoon I stood in a field in Denmark under a dark, cloudy sky. AndMy solar panels Produce very little energy in this weather. But above me a wind turbine was producing clean, renewable electricity. At the moment, wind power is the best of all the alternative energy sources. But again, there are problems. First, they are ugly; people don't like to see wind turbines in fields. And of course the wind doesn't blow all the time. so, will our grandchildren get their energy from the sun, wind, or some other source? "We're going to need everything we can get from solar, everything we can get from wind," says Michael Pacheco, director or the National Bioenergy Center, part of the National Renewabule Energy Laboratory in Golden, Colorado. "And still the question is-can we get enough?" どんなこと書いてあるか読みたいので 翻訳をお願いします。

• 和訳について添削をお願いします

なんとか自力で訳してみたのですが、英語は苦手なので添削をおねがいします。 The goal is to know when and where the next tropical cyclone will form. ゴールは、次の熱帯低気圧がいつどこでできるかについてわかっていることである。 “And we can’t really do that yet, ” says David Nolan, a weather researcher from the University of Miami. 「そして、私たちはまだ現実にそうすることができない」と、マイアミ大学からの天気研究者デービッド・ノーランは言う。 The direction and strength of tropical cyclones are also difficult to predict, even with computer assistance. 方向と熱帯低気圧の強さは、コンピュータ支援でさえ、予測するのが難しくもある。 Three – day forecasts are still off by an average of 280 kilometers. 3日予想は、まだ平均280キロメートル離れている。 Forecasters do know that storms are often energized where ocean water is deep and warm, that high waves tend to reduce their force, and that when tropical cyclones move over land, they begin to die. 海水が深くて暖かい所で、嵐がしばしばエネルギーを与えられ、高い波が嵐の力を減らす傾向があり、熱帯低気圧が土地の上を進むとき、それらが死にはじめるということを、気象予報士は知っている。 Long - term forecasts are poor;small differences in the combination of weather factors lead to very different storms. 長期間、予想は劣っている;天気要因の組合せの小さな違いは全く異なる嵐につながるからである。 More accurate forecasting could help people decide to evacuate when a storm is on way. 嵐が方法であるとき、より正確な予測は人々が避難することに決めるのに役立つことができた。 “People often return after an evacuation to find nothing really happened,” says storm researcher Sharan Majumdar. 「人々は、本当に何も起こらなかったと知るために、避難の後しばしば帰る」と、嵐の研究者Sharan Majumdarは言う。 “The solution is to improve forecasting through better science.That’s the only way to get people to trust the warnings. ” 「解決は、より良い科学を通して予報を改善することになっている。それは、人々に警告を信じさせる唯一の方法だ。」