• ベストアンサー

解説お願いいたします。

こんばんは。 よろしくお願いいたします。 Q1.Many of you will also answer sushi, but there will be only a few of you who know its history. 私は あなたたちの沢山はすしともこたえるだろう、しかしすしの歴史を知っているのはあなたたちの少しだけだろう。」と訳してしまいました。 Many ofがどこにかかっているのかわかりません。 解説と添削お願いいたします。 よろしくお願いいたします。

• 英語
  • 回答数4
  • ありがとう数5

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Parismadam
  • ベストアンサー率65% (2756/4211)
回答No.3

こんにちは。先ほどのご質問では早速のお返事を有難うございました。 ご質問文にある和訳は、ほぼ合っています。 1.Many of youのmanyは「沢山の人」という名詞になります。Many of you「あなたたちの多く」は名詞句として、ここでは主語Sになっているのです。 2.will also answer sushi:このalsoは「多くは、また~と答える」と動詞にかかる副詞で、sushiという名詞にはかかりません。 3.there will be only a few:このa fewは前半のmanyと対照的に使われているので、このonlyも否定的に「~しかない」「~にすぎない」と訳すといいでしょう。 4.a few of you who know its history.このwhoは関係代名詞の主格で、先行詞はa few of youになります。が、強調構文的に「~なのは、・・・しかいない」と訳し上げるといいでしょう。 5.この文は、先のSome~othersと違い、慣用句的な訳はありませんが、many、fewと対義語が使われているので、うまく対比できるような訳にするといいでしょう。 6.以上を踏まえて訳は、 (直訳)「あなた方の多くは、また、すしと答えるだろう。しかし、すしの歴史を知っているのは少ししかいないだろう」 → (意訳)「また、あなた方の中には、すしと答える人も多くいるだろう。しかし、その歴史を知っている者はわずかしかいないだろう」 となります。 以上ご参考までに。

gladkitty
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございました! 参考になりました☆

その他の回答 (3)

回答No.4

日本の代表の食べ物は何か というような設問での話でしょう。 many of youは先生が生徒に向かって「あなたたちの多くは」という意味です。 さてここに、日本の教科書にのっていないトリックがあります。 manyは単に「多い」という意味ではありません。 悪い意味での「多い」です。 良い意味の「多い」は a lot of だから遊園地が混んでるときは There are many people. パーティで沢山人が来てくれた時は There are a lot of peopleです。 設問に戻って、many of を使ったのはその後の a few of を強く反映させるためです。 「大部分の人は寿司と答えるけど、ほとんどの人がその歴史を知らない。」 つまり寿司の歴史を知らないのに寿司と答える人が沢山という 非難的な意味が込められているのです。 もしここでa lot of youを使うと、歴史を知らなくても、寿司を知っている人は沢山いる という肯定的なニュアンスになります。

gladkitty
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございました! 参考になりました☆

• go_urn
  • ベストアンサー率57% (938/1643)
回答No.2

こんばんは! 「多くの花」は、many flowers ですね?では、「(これらの)花の中の多く」はどういうかというと、many of the flowers というのです。 (1)many of ~ ~の多く (2)most of ~ ~のほとんど (3)all of ~ ~のすべて (4)none of ~ ~のどれも...でない というふうに使われるイディオム的なものです。 Many of you は、「あなたたちの多く」 only a few of you は、「あなたたちのごく少数」 と訳せばいいですね!

gladkitty
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございました! 参考になりました☆

回答No.1

Many of you で「あなたたちの(うちの)多く」でいいと思います。  ただ,also は「すしも」ではなく,前に続いて,「~ということもする」,すなわち, 「あなたたちの多くは,また~するだろう」となっています。 (前に何があるかによるでしょうが) 「あなたたちの多くは,またすしと答えるだろうが,すしの歴史を知っている人はわずかしかいないだろう」  only は否定の意味がでるように訳した方がいいでしょう。

gladkitty
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございました! 参考になりました☆

関連するQ&A

• 和訳教えてください

意味の違いがよくわかるように和訳教えてください 1 Didn't he ask you what you wanted? Didn't you find what you wanted? 2 Whoever many come,don't let him in. Whoever comes to my office will be served a cup of tea. 3 There were only a few guests who escaped from the fire. There were only a few guests, who escaped from the fire. 4 You can take home as much food as you like. You will have as good a change as you'll ever have. よろしくお願いします

• 訳してください!!!!

Even in a single country people use many languages. Take the case of India. As you know, India is famous for its curry, but the taste of curry changes every 25 kilometers. this is also true of languages in India. If you travel 50 kilometers, you will hear a different language. ↑訳お願いします。。。

• as many of you know の訳仕方と文法を教えてください。

Today we’re interviewing local athlete Karen Curtis, who as many of you know is a member of this year’s Olympic diving team. as many of you know の訳仕方と文法を教えてください。

• 英作文の添削お願いします。

英作文の添削お願いします。 「人にものを教えるためには、教える内容の3倍以上は知っていなければならないと言われる。 というのも、どんな質問をされるかわからないからだ。 学校の先生が教科書に書いてあることしか知らなければ、 生徒の質問に答えることはできないだろう。」 It is said that you must know more than three times as many things as what you teach, in order to teach things to people. This is because you don't know what kind of questions students ask you. If teachers know only things written in text books, they can't answer the question of students. 「3倍以上は~」のあたりが特に自信がないのですが・・・。 よろしくお願いします!

• 和訳と 文法的解説

In your life, you will move from triumph to heartbreak to boredom and back again, sometimes in the space of a single day. What are you to make of so many emotions, so many events? この文のWhat are you to make of so many emotions, so many events?の和訳と、 文法的解説をお願いします。よろしくお願いします。

• 文法解説・和訳お願いします。

Of those who watch the FOX news Channel, individuals who also get news from the Internet will be more conservative than other FOX news Channel viewers. Of those who watch the FOX news Channelの部分は、 individuals who also get news from the Internet Of those who watch the FOX news Channel とOf以下が前に出た表現と理解してもよいのでしょうか?また、いかに訳せば良いでしょうか? 『訳』 FOXニュース・チャンネルを見る人々のうち、インターネットからさらにニュースを入手する個人は他のFOXニュース・チャンネル見る人より保守的になる。

• 英歌詞の和訳が知りたいです

Alessandro SafinaのLunaという曲の和訳が知りたいです 翻訳サイトだと少し不自然な部分があったため、 英語に自信のある方の自然な和訳が見てみたいです 訳してあげてもいいよという方がいらっしゃいましたら どなたか Chorus: Only you can hear my soul, only you can hear my soul You, moon, How many are the songs that resound Desires, which through the centuries Have furrowed the sky to reunite with you Portal for poets who write no more And who still lose their sanity You recieve the sighs of those who writhe And fullfill a dream in every soul Moon who looks at me listen to me now Chorus: Only you can hear my soul, only you can hear my soul You, moon, Who know the time of eternity And the straight path of truth Make more light inside this heart of mine, This heart of man who doesn't know, doesn't know That love can hide pain Like a fire can burn your soul Chorus: Only you can hear my soul, only you can hear my soul You, moon, You illuminate the sky and its immensity And show us only the half you want Somehow like we always do Angels of clay that don't fly Souls of cardboard that catch fire Hearts like leaves that later fall Dreams made of air that vanish Son of the Earth and son of yours, for, you know That love can hide pain Like a fire can burn your soul But it is with the love that our heart breathes And the force that moves everything and lights it up!... Chorus: Only you can hear my soul, only you can hear my soul White light, my goddess, goddess is silent!.... もとはイタリア語、英語、ラテン語が混ざっているようなので こちらから英訳をお借りします

• 英文の間違いを直してください

Do you ever late for school? Are you the kind of person who difficult to get up? Your problem will disapper with the Dash boots. Dash boot help you not late for school. All you have to do is put on one's shoes,and then you run fast. Dash boot are only \5000. Dash boot also have accelerat to 50 killometers. on top of that,they are lightweight and come in many different size. Dash boot is perfect for people who need to run fast You will feel so confind when you use Dash boot

• 英文の解説をお願いします。

あのサラ・ペイリンがguardian紙に「クライメート・ゲート」について次のような文章で始まる論文を寄せています。 With the publication of damaging emails from a climate research center in Britain, the radical environmental movement appears to face a tipping point. さて、これに対しては、ある読者からの次のような投書があります。 Wow. Wrong before you'd finished your first sentence. The legends are true. Its not the "radical environmental movement" that says man-made climate change is happening and needs to be averted. Its not a few scientists who acted inappropriately either. Its the entire science of climatology. There you go. Done in four paragraphs. One of which was yours, and two of which were me just mucking about. I can see why Obama had such an easy time last autumn. 何を「mucking about」しているのかが理解できません。この投書には566件もの賛同が集まっているので、どうしても知りたいのです。どなたか教えて頂けませんか。

• 英文の解説をお願いします。

下記の英文のbecause 以下をどう訳せばよ良いかわかりません。解説お願いします。 You know, be aspirational in every regard when it comes to racial equality because only when we are a house united will we as a nation be strong,'” she said. --補足-- 前の文 Civil rights activist Barbara Arnwine says King's speech gave hope to so many. “He was saying to the nation, 'Reach high. You know, be aspirational in every regard when it comes to racial equality because only when we are a house united will we as a nation be strong,'” she said. VOA:http://www.voanews.com/english/news/usa/Civil-Rights-Leader-Martin-Luther-King-Honored-with-Memorial-128376533.html