訳せない文の疑問と要約

このQ&Aのポイント
  • 自分で訳してみても、途中までは訳せても途中で日本語がおかしくなる文章の疑問とは?
  • 「But they only found a big hole.」とはどのように訳すべきか、またonlyの使い方についても疑問がある。
  • 「Someone called into it, 'Hello? Can anyone hear me?'」の訳し方についてわからない。1単語ずつ訳してもうまくいかない。
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

文章の訳と疑問

こんばんは、以下の文がどうしても訳せません。 自分で訳してみても、途中までは訳せても途中で日本語がおかしくなるのです。 1【But they only found a big hole.】 しかし、~(「彼ら」と訳すのか、「それら」と訳すのか、、)は大きい穴を見つけました。 それとも全く違う訳になるのか。。 2【Someone called into it,"Hello? Can anyone hear me?"】 これについてはまったくわかりません。  1単語1単語しっかり訳すとやはり日本語がおかしくなります。 疑問についてですが、1の文章で、なぜonlyが使われているのでしょうか。 よろしくお願いします。

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数4

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
noname#97414
noname#97414
回答No.1

1は、しかしかれらは大きい穴だけ見つけた。 2は、誰かがそこへ立ち寄ってきて”こんにちわ。だれかいますか?” 間違ってたらすいません。 なぜonlyが使われているかですが、それは文脈を見なければわかりません。

nobu_drums
質問者

お礼

なるほど、ありがとうございました。 onlyが使われている件については、自分で考えてみます。

その他の回答 (1)

noname#97414
noname#97414
回答No.2

NO1です。訂正で 1 しかしかれらは大きい穴だけ見つけた。     ↓   ↓   ↓   しかし彼らは大きい穴を見つけただけだった。

関連するQ&A

• 英語の訳をお願いします!!

Rice and bread are the major examples of grain foods.They can be divided into two groups.One is white rice, or refined rice, and white bread which is made from refined wheat.Therefore,they're sometimes called refined grain foods.In the refining process, much of the dietary fiber and essential nutrients are removed from grain.The other group is brown rice and whole-wheat bread, which are called whole-grain foods.Free from the refining process, they keep their nutrients and fiber undamaged. Thus,overall, whole-grain foods offer you better nutrition and health benefits.

• 英語の日本語訳について教えてください。

「Dogs can hear better than men can. At a certain university, they developed a hearing test. Dogs can hear the ticking of a watch held forty feet away. Men can hear it only four feet away. This means that dogs can hear ten times as far as men. 犬は人間よりも耳がよく聞こえる。 ある大学は、彼らにヒアリングテストをさせた。 犬は40フィート遠くで時計のチクタク音を聞くことができた。人間はたったの4フィート遠くて聞くことができた。これは犬は人間の10倍耳が良いということを意味している。」 という感じに、 1行目の developed と、2行目の held を飛ばして訳しました。 この2つはどんな風に訳せばよいでしょうか?

• 訳を考えて下さい

Taking into account the objectives of the "Low Voltage "Directive, such basic components, the safety of which can only, to a very large extent, be assessed taking into account how they are incorporated and for which a risk assessment cannot be undertaken, then they are not covered as such by the Directive. 皆様の力を貸して下さい。

• 大至急お願いします!!英文の訳を教えてください

1,Country life seems so boring because the same people do the same do the same things day after day. 2,Do they really have to mean at buy such a huge mansion? 3,Kaitenzushi is a sushi restraurant where a conveyor belt carries plates of sushi past customers who can pick whichever plates they want 4,Someone who is traveling in a vehicle,airplane,boat,etc・・・・・but is not controlling it or working on it is called a pilot 5,Nowadays , a jumbo jet can lift nearly five hundred people and their luggage into the air with its magnificent engine power

• 日本語訳をお願いします。

日本語訳をお願いします。 Is it possible for everyone to work? Then what does it mean to say that unemployment is voluntary? Can anyone get some sort of job? マクロ経済の内容なのですが、最後の Can anyone get some sort of job? のニュアンスがいまいちよく分かりません。 誰もが何かしらの仕事をゲットできるよという意味なのか、 誰もがどんな仕事でもゲットできるよという意味なのか。。 よろしくお願いします。

• 英語訳をお願いします。

(1)"I have always had an interest in hobbies. Ever since I was a young boy I found myself passionately pursuing any interests I had, be they dinosaurs, video games, drawing, each one was as important as the next. To this day, I remain enthusiastic about certain hobbies I had when I was younger, more specifically, about drawing." (2)"You can clamp empty palm into a fist" 少し長いのですが上記の文を日本語に訳して頂けますか?よろしくお願いします。

• litterの訳を教えてください

動物の文献を読んでいると,「litter」という単語が出てきます.辞書では「同腹の子」とあり,意味は理解できるのですが,うまく日本語に訳せません. 例えば, Dog female can have one or two litters in summer. という英文の場合,どう訳せば日本語としてすんなりいきますか? どなたか教えてください.お願いします.

• 日本語訳にしてください!

日本語訳にしてください! Many governments now have or are considering laws to stop factories and towns from putting polluted water into streams. Factories are being required to treat their water before returning it to a public source. That is, if they put chemicals and other unwanted materials into water, they should be made to take them out again, so that the water can be by others. です、宜しくお願いします(;_;)

• 日本語訳と文構造を教えてください

Janine Benyus suggests that the answer to this question may be found by looking to nature for inspiration. We cannot keep taking advantage of nature forever, nor can we keep dumping our waste into our environment. 上の文を日本語訳お願いします それと下のほうの文のnor canの構文がわかりません どなたか教えてください

• 日本語訳お願いいたします

Because young children can not appreciate points of view other than their own, they cannot revise their schemas to take into account changes in the environment. 以上の文章ですがわかりません 自分なりに、この文章を日本語訳にすると なぜなら若い子どもたちは彼ら自身以外の視点を感知することができない、彼らは彼らのスキーマを変える環境における変化をアカウント。 この場合のアカウントってどう使えばよいのでしょうか?