• 締切済み

英訳したいのですが、大丈夫ですか?

彼はプライドが高い。 He is self-respecting. それは人による。 It depends on a person. あと分からないのは「自分の意見を突き通す」 という、「突き通す」の訳がよく分からないので、 教えてください(^_^;)お願いします。

みんなの回答

noname#106252
noname#106252
回答No.1

彼はプライドが高い は He has too much pride in himself. He thinks highly of himself. He's proud of himself He has high self-esteem. 等があるかもしれません…難しいですね^^; いばってる、や 生意気、という意味では He's arrogant.や He's cocky.というのもありますが、最後のものはスラングだと思います。 それは人による、は It depends on each person. It depends on the person.はどうでしょうか。 自分の意見を突き通すは、主張し続ける、という意味で、 He's very insistent.や He always insists his opinions. などがありますよ。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

関連するQ&A

• 英訳お願いいたします。

Aがあるかないかによって、Bの有無が異なってくる これはどのように英訳すればよいですか。 installing of A depends on whether it is with or without B これだとどうもしっくりこないきがします。 ご教授お願いします。

• それは人の好みです。

それは人の好みです。 赤い服と、赤いズボン、赤い服と青いズボン、 どちらの組み合わせの方が良いですか? と聞かれて、 それは人の好みです。 と答えたい場合、 It depends on the preference of a person. で良い良いのでしょうか? personの前の冠詞はaで良いですか?

• わかる方、翻訳を教えてください。

It depends on the situation and the motivation of the person, and the level of enthusiasm he or she has for learning.

• 英訳

It helps ensure that the race for success is a fair one and that a person does not win just because he or she was born into a wealthy family. 成功のための競争は 公平な人や単に勝利しない人を確実にすることを手助ける。なぜならば彼もしくは彼女が裕福な家族に生まれたからだ…?。 よく分かりません。that節ははどこまででしょうか。お願いします。

• 同意文完成で

They say that he will be a great person.の二通りの同意文完成をするという問題で、次のように書き出しが指定されました。 1:It is ( ). 2:He is ( ). 1の場合、It is said that he will be a great person.でいいのはわかるのですが、 2の場合、He is said to be a great person.でいいのでしょうか。 これだと、もとの文章がThey say that he is a great person.の場合との混同が起こると思うのですが。 かといって、He is said to be going to be a great person.だと、くどすぎる気もします。(というか、英英辞典にも、be said to be going to Vという例文を見つけることは出来ませんでした。) sayを無理に使わず、たとえばsayをexpectで代用するなどして、He is expected to be a great person.などとするのでしょうか。 expectにはこれから先の行為を期待する、という意味が込められるので、この文章で未来をあらわすことが出来るというのはわかるのですが。 お答えいただければ幸いです。

• 英訳

If every person has an equal chance to succeed in the United States, then it is every person's duty to try. もし、アメリカにおいてすべての人が成功するために均等な機会があるとすれば、それはすべての人が試みる義務がある。 訳はこれでよいのでしょうか。

• 英訳してみました

英訳してみました。間違いや不自然なところ、をご指摘下さい。特に、「その人の成長には必要である」、「甘えて劣等感の強い」と、「自分を拒否する人のところに行ってしまう」の気の利いた言い方が知りたいです。私ならこうするという方も、ご披露下さい。 ****************************************************************甘えている人とか、劣等感の強い人というのは、本当は自己実現している人と付き合うことが大切なのである。自己実現している人によって、ありのままの自分を受け入れてもらうことが、その人の成長には必要である。 For the improvement of a person who is independent or in a strong inferiority complex actually it is necessary to get connected to one who has achieved ones self actualization. 自己実現している人は、岩が固いということを受け入れ、気が緑であるということを受け入れるように、付き合う人の幼稚さを受け入れる。にもかかわらず、甘えて劣等感の強い人は、自分を拒否する人のところに行ってしまう。 People who have achieved self actualization accept the childishness of people just like they accept the fact rocks are hard and trees are green. However, those who are independent and have a sense of inferiority tend to be close to those who deny them.

• [英語] ()に当てはまるものを教えて下さい><

1: (a) He always does his homework before going to bed. (b) He never () to do his homework before going to bed. 2: (a) It is impossible to tell what she will do next. (b) There is () () what she will do next. 3: (a) It goes without saying that the rice crop in this area depends on the weather in August. (b) () to say, the rice crop in this area depends on the weather in August.

• 英訳を教えてください。

英訳に自信がないところがあったので間違いなどがあれば是非、教えてください。 <関係代名詞を用いて英訳しなさい> 問1.彼の住んでいる家はベッドルームが10ある。 私の英訳> There is bedroom 10 in house in which he lives. 問2.私は彼の言う事が理解できなかった 私の英訳> He is saying what I was not understanding. 問3.彼女は困っている人は誰でも助けた。 私の英訳> She halped a troubled person whoever.

• 英訳お願いします。

(12)“Ahem ! ahem ! ” he said, and everybody listened except the the poor Catherine Wheel, who was still shaking her head, and murmuring, “Romance is dead.” (13)“Order ! order !” cried out a Cracker. He was something of a politician, and had always taken a prominent part in the local elections, so he knew the proper Parliamentary expressions to use. (14)“Quite dead.” whispered the Catherine Wheel, and she went off to sleep. (15)As soon as there was perfect silence, the Rocket coughed a third time and began. He spoke with a very slow, distinct voice, as if he were dictating his memoirs, and always looked over the shoulder of the person to whom he was talking . In fact, he had a most distinguished manner. (16)“How fortunate it is for the King's son,” he remarked, “that he is to be married on the very day on which I am to be let off. Really, if it had been arranged beforehand, it could not have turned out better for him; but Princes are always lucky.” (17)“Dear me !” said the little Squib, “I thought it was quite the other way, and that we were to be let off in the Prince's honour.” (18)“It may be so with you,” he answered; “inded, I have no doubt that it is, but with me it is different. I am a very remarkable Rocket, and come of remarkable parents. My mother was the most celebrated Catherine Wheel of her day, and was renowned for her graceful dancing. When she made her great public appearance she spun round nineteen times before she went out, and each time that she did so she threw into the air seven pink stars.

このQ&Aのポイント
  • ScanSnap iX1600のパソコンリカバリー時に設定のバックアップ方法を教えてください。
  • リカバリーするとスキャン側のメニューが増えてしまうのではないかと心配しています。
  • ScanSnap iX1600の設定バックアップについてご教示ください。
回答を見る