• ベストアンサー

この英文を4分割すると。。。?

「Supposing the swimming tank in the gymnasium were filled full of lemon jelly, could a person trying to swim manage to keep on top or would he sink?」 という文を4列に表示する場合、それぞれどの部分で区切るのが自然でしょうか。 アドバイスいただけるとうれしいです。よろしくお願いいたします。

• saaya
  • お礼率85% (452/527)
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • jayoosan
  • ベストアンサー率28% (929/3259)
回答No.1

単純に4行に分割するだけでいいのでしょうか。 (列だとタテ方向になってしまいます) Supposing the swimming tank in the gymnasium were filled full of lemon jelly, could a person trying to swim manage to keep on top or would he sink? レモンゼリーで満たされたジムの水槽で、泳ごうとする人は浮いていられるか?あるいは、沈むか? なにか主語などを補足して、4つの文章を導き出すということでしょうか。 勘違いしてたらすいません。

saaya
質問者

お礼

jayoosanさん、アドバイスありがとうございます。 4行(列じゃないですね^^;)にする場合に、意味的に自然な区切り部分、ということで、 説明不足ですみません!とても参考になりました。 ご親切に本当にありがとうございました。

関連するQ&A

• 仮定法の問題で、質問します!

次の設問で、(   )に入るのは I hate swimming classes in this school. I wish I (     ). (1)  can swim (2)  could swim (3)  could have been swum (4)  were swimming (2)のcould swim が正解でしょうか? 教えて下さい!

• 英文和訳おねがいします

いつもお世話になってます。 最後の文だけがわかりません。   There were once two people travelling on train, a scientist and poet. They had never met before,so naturally,there wasn't much conversation between the two. The poet was minding his own business,enjoying the passing scenery. The scientist was very tense,trying to think of things he didn't know so he could try to figure them out. 自分の訳  「その科学者はとても緊張していたそしてわからなっかたことを解決できるように考えようとした。」 解答例では「科学者は、真剣になったので、問題を解決することができた。」 so he could =so that he could  だと思いますが so の前にはコンマはついてません。 解説お願いします。

• わからない英文があります

They found it very difficult to dive in the muddy water of the bay. ''In the sea of Alexandria,'' said one diver, ''what you need is ears rather than eyes. You could see only 50 centimeters in front of you.The ruins were covered with sand, and mud kept flowing from the Nile. Just diving and mud swimming raised the mud on the seabed and made things worse." Just diving and mud swimming raised the mud on the seabed and made things worse."という英文はどういう意味かわかりません。どなたかわかる方、解説付きで教えてくださらないでしょうか?

• 英文を訳して下さい。

A policy on rapid movement had been devised in September 1916, in which the Army Wing and Corps Wings not attached to the corps moving forward, would move with army headquarters and the Corps Wings attached to the corps that were advancing, would keep as close to their associated corps headquarters as possible. Squadrons would not need to move every day and could arrange temporary landing-grounds. On 21 March 1917 the use of temporary facilities was ordered with portable hangars to be built near corps headquarters and aircraft flown back to their normal aerodromes at night. IV and V Brigades were involved in the advance, with their squadrons attached to divisions for contact-patrols. Two cavalry divisions were attached to the Fourth and Fifth armies for the advance, with aircraft for reconnaissances of the ground that the cavalry was to traverse and to help the cavalry maintain touch with the rear. Suitable targets found by air observation were engaged by artillery using the "zone call" system.

• 英文の訳をお願いします。

僕に海外の友人が英語について教えてくれているのですが、詳しく知りたいので力を貸して頂けると有り難いです。よろしくお願いします。 * If you say "it does not serve as a bed" that typically means that it is not able to be used as a bed.  In the next sentence you mention that sometimes you like to sleep in it, so a better way to describe what you're saying could be... "A kotatsu will serve as a table, but it's not intended to be used as a bed." This way you're saying that it's not supposed to be a bed, but you could use it that way if you really wanted to. * I wasn't sure if this is what you were trying to say so I guessed.

• 英文を訳して下さい。

Military tactics developed before World War I failed to keep pace with advances in technology and had become obsolete. These advances had allowed the creation of strong defensive systems, which out-of-date military tactics could not break through for most of the war. Barbed wire was a significant hindrance to massed infantry advances, while artillery, vastly more lethal than in the 1870s, coupled with machine guns, made crossing open ground extremely difficult.Commanders on both sides failed to develop tactics for breaching entrenched positions without heavy casualties. In time, however, technology began to produce new offensive weapons, such as gas warfare and the tank.

• 以下の英文について質問です。

Mark Twain (died 1910) enters the city of Damascus - from The Innocents Abroad It was fairly dark a few minutes after we got within the wall, and we rode long distances through wonderfully crooked streets, eight to ten feet wide and shut in on either side by the high mud-walls of the gardens. At last we got to where lanterns could be seen flitting about here and there and knew we were in the midst of the curious old city. In a little narrow street, crowded with our pack mules and with a swarm of uncouth Arabs, we alighted and through a kind of a hole in the wall entered the hotel. We stood in a great flagged court with flowers and citron trees about us and a huge tank in the centre that was receiving the waters of many pipes. We crossed the court and entered the rooms prepared to receive four of us. In a large marble-paved recess between the two rooms was another tank of clear, cool water, which was kept running over all the time by the streams that were pouring into it from half a dozen pipes. Nothing, in this scorching, desolate land could look so refreshing as this pure water flashing in the lamp light, nothing could look so beautiful, nothing could sound so delicious as this mimic rain to ears long unaccustomed to sounds of such a nature. 最後のNothing,~such a natureまでが、so~asの繰り返しになっているのですが、上手く意味が取れません。ここはこの英文の前に出てくるanother tank について述べているのでしょうか? 長文で申し訳ないですが、よろしくお願いします。

• 英文翻訳をお願いします。

After the Battle of the Ancre (13–18 November 1916), British attacks on the Somme front were stopped during inclement weather. For the rest of the year and early January 1917, military operations by both sides were mostly restricted to surviving the rain, snow, fog, mud fields, waterlogged trenches and shell-holes. As preparations for the offensive at Arras continued, the British attempted to keep German attention on the Somme front. The Fifth Army was instructed by Field Marshal Sir Douglas Haig to prepare systematic attacks to capture portions of the German defences. Short advances could progressively uncover the remaining German positions in the Ancre valley, threaten the German hold on the village of Serre to the north and expose German positions beyond to ground observation.

• 英文を訳して下さい。

Mihiel Salient. The new fortified areas were intended to be precautionary measures (Sicherheitskoeffizient) built to be used as rallying-positions (Eventual-Stellungen, similar to ones built on the Russian front) and to shorten the Western Front to economise on troops and create more reserves. The Siegfriedstellung had the potential to release the greatest number of troops and was begun first; Hindenburg and Ludendorff decided its course on 19 September and construction began on 27 September. Withdrawal to the Siegfriedstellung was debated by Ludendorff and other senior German commanders over the winter of 1916–1917. An offensive in the new year with 21 divisions was discussed on 19 December but it was considered that such a force could not achieve a decisive result. An Oberste Heeresleitung (OHL) memorandum of 5 January, noted that offensive preparations by the French and British were being made all along the Western Front so as to keep the site of a spring offensive secret.

• この英文をチェックしていただけますか?

先日下記の質問をさせていただきました。 http://okwave.jp/qa3030598.html その際にアドバイスくださった皆様、ありがとうございました。 アドバイスいただいた文章をもとにメールを作成していたのですが、少し書き足したい部分が出てきましたので、もう一度助けていただけないかと思って質問させていただきます。 付け足したい文章は I was trying to figure out why you behaved like that and what kind of person you are... I tried to keep professional relationship which we were before. But unfortunately, it's didn't work for me. Everything was getting clear to me. More in sorrow than anger. It is hard to come back to your place. As you noticed that since then, I feel some tension or nervousness and not able to be relax during consultation. And you didn't take any responsibility with that.I came to your place in order to get PROFESSIONAL treatment, but I couldn't get it. There is no point to go. I am a client and I like treatment. So it was really disappointment. 私の言いたいことは: あなたがどうしてああいう行動をとったのか、あなたはどういう人なのかを考えた。そしてできることなら今までどおりの立場でいられたらと思った。 でも残念なことに、それは私にはできそうもない。今となってはすべてがクリアになった。怒りというより、本当にこうなったのが残念で仕方がない。 あなたのところに治療に通うのは私には難しい。あなたもわかっていたように、あれ以来、私は今までのようにリラックスして治療を受けることができなくなった。そしてそれに関してあなたがプロフェッショナルとして何も責任を感じてないように思える。私はあなたのところに「プロとしての」治療を受けるために通うのに、それを受けられないというのは通う意味がない。私は患者であり、治療方法が気にいっていた。それはとっても残念なことです。 以上です。 長文ですみません。 お力を貸していただけたら助かります。