• 締切済み

”そこで”の訳し方

”そこで政府が出した答えは有機栽培による都市農業だった。” これを訳したいのですが、”そこで”以下は the answer given by the government was urban agriculture in organic manner. で何とかなると思うのですが、”そこで”をどうもしっくり訳せません。どなたか、アドバイスお願いします。

• lim
  • お礼率64% (22/34)
  • 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数3

みんなの回答

noname#13524
noname#13524
回答No.2

"そこで"なら"then"が適当だと思いますが…。 引用させていただくなら、 Then, the answer given by the government was urban agriculture in organic manner. という形ですかね。 私は自分の経験から文法に則った英語が嫌いで、ほとんど口語英語で勉強したので解釈が違うかもしれませんが…。

lim
質問者

お礼

then ・・・なんだか、しっくりきますね。

• Kumap888
  • ベストアンサー率43% (39/90)
回答No.1

Thereforeあたりかなあ? Therefore, the answer given by the government was...

lim
質問者

お礼

therefore は僕も考えたのですが、なんとなく、しっくり来ないんですよねえ・・・

関連するQ&A

• この文の訳し方のこつ

こんばんは. よろしくお願い致します。 訳すことが困難な文がありました。 コツを教えてください。 There is great joy in organic farming. There is~ ~があります great すばらしい joy in ~喜ぶ 有機農業をすばらしく喜ぶものがあります。 教えてください。よろしくおねがいいたします

• 英文についての質問

To prevent anyone from getting too much control over any part of the federal government’s power, each branch was given some share in the other branches’ powers. This is called what? という質問があり、それに該当するのではないか、という文章を探し出しました。 The federal government created by this compromise is variously called a government of delegated powers and a government of enumerated powers. It’s called a government of delegated powers because all the sovereign political authority it has was given to it by the states, whose power it was originally. This understanding was clearly expressed by the Supreme Court in a 1947 ruling, where it noted. 答えは It’s called a government of delegated powers でいいでしょうか? branchという言葉が一度も出てきていないのですが、質問されていることと、上の文章は内容が一致していますか? ただ、こちらの文章はcompromise(妥協によって作られた)、と言っているのに対し、質問文はTo prevent anyone from getting too much control over any part of the federal government’s power(連邦政府の権限のいずれかの部分を誰もが制御できないようにするため)となっていて、若干言っていることが違うかな…とも思っているのですが、どうでしょうか? 難しい(ややこしい)質問ですみませんがよろしくお願いします。

• 和訳お願いします

was lost in a storm was taken by the government was completely destroyed by fire was cursed by a diamond

• 英字新聞の翻訳 添削のお願い

英字新聞の翻訳をしました. (4)の~than doどのように考えたら宜しいのでしょうか? また(8)もかなり混乱しています.どなたか添削をお願いします. (1)Organic Tomatoes Have More Vitamin C (1)有機栽培トマトはより多くのビタミンを含む. (2)By Rachael Rettner, My Health News Daily Staff Writer |February 21, 2013閲覧 (2)リヒャエルレッテアー 日刊わたしの健康ニュース記者 2013年2月21日   staff writer:記者?    (3)Organically grown tomatoes are more nutritious in some ways than the conventionally grown variety, a new study from Brazil suggests. (3)有機栽培トマトは 伝統的な方法で育てた収穫物よりいくつかの点で栄養価が高くなる。 (4)The results show that organically grown tomatoes, while smaller, have higher levels of vitamin C as well as more plant phenols, a class of compounds that act as antioxidants, than do onventionally grown tomatoes. (4)結果は、より小さいとはいえ有機栽培トマトは、伝統的な方法で育てられたトマトより多くの「抗酸化の役目を演じる化合物の類(である)植物フェノール類」ばかりでなく高レベルのビタミンCを有することを示す。   (5)The organic variety might also taste slightly different, as they have higher levels of sugar, although this new study did not assess taste. (5)新しい研究では評価していないが、有機栽培の品種はまた、高水準の甘味として、少し違った味があるかもしれない。   (6)The findings contradict those of research published last September in the journal Annals of Internal Medicine, which reviewed more than 200 studies and found no difference between the vitamin contents of organic and conventional foods. (6)この発見は、昨年9月に発表された「米国内科学会紀要」200以上の研究結果のレビュー、すなわち有機栽培と従来型の食物の間に差異は発見されなかった。と矛盾する。 (7)However, another review, published in 2011 in the Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, concluded that organic crops tend to be higher in vitamin C and phenols, and lower in protein, than conventionally grown crops. (7)しかしながら、他のレビュー(農業と食品化学誌:2011年度出版)は有機農産物は伝統的な栽培方法の農作物に比べてビタミンC、フェノールが高く、たんぱく質が低くなりがちであると結論づけた。 (8)Experts say there's still not enough evidence to recommend that people eat organic foods solely for their nutritional content, said Gene Lester, a plant physiologist for the Agricultural Research Service of the U.S. Department of Agriculture in Maryland, who was not involved in the new study. (8)専門家は、栄養成分,有機食品を勧めたいという十分な証拠がまだないと言う。   新しい研究に関与していない米国農務省(メリーランド州)農業研究サービスの植物生理学者ジェーン・レスターは述べた。

• It was also found to have uses in a

It was also found to have uses in agriculture and forestry それはまた農業や林業で利用できることもわかった。 have uses のhaveはどういった役割なのでしょうか? お願いします。

• 英文和訳

It now contains statues given to the government by various states-hence its name. →それは、今様々な州によって政府に従って与えられた彫像を含んでいます、その名前。 この文の正確な訳をおしえてください。

• 英文を訳して下さい。

In putting down the strike, von Tessmar was ruthlessly efficient, but he was not required to resort to the executions that he had threatened. Within nine days, the strike was defeated and the leaders arrested. The two ringleaders were then sentenced by German court-martial in Trier to ten years imprisonment, to the disgust of the government. The continued refusal of the German authorities to respect the Luxembourgish government, and the humiliating manner in which the strike was put down by German military muscle rather than the Luxembourgish gendarmerie, were too much for Thorn. On 19 June 1917, the government resigned.

• 辞典を引いても、どうしてこの訳なのかわかりません。

The farmer began growing corn in order to get government subsidies. という例文に出くわしました。訳は「政府の助成金を得るために、農業経営者たちはトウモロコシの生産を始めた。」 とあります。 なぜ、「たち」と複数形の訳になるのでしょうか? 辞典を引いても、よくわかりません。 どなたか、教えていただけないでしょうか? よろしくお願いいたします。

• 受動態でのbyとfrom の使い分けがわかりません

下記のように受動態でgivenに対しfromが使われています。 (1)~(3)はto~from いり(1.590.000.000hit)(4)~(5)はtoなし(847.000hit)を例文でググってみました。 ちなみに was given byなら40.300.000hitです。 (1)best award was given to the EuroVideoMapping from Germany. (2) Careful consideration was given to input from staff and families as well as student learning styles. (3)When the captives were brought to Madinah, I was given to a family from Ansar. (4)Oyaki (bun) which was given from our friend convenient as not only between-meals but also side dish. nsknet.or.jp ... research works, the Young Researcher Award was given from Japanese Neural Network Society (JNNS) in [...] 2001, (5)The label showing that this specimen was given from Professor S. Hatta and constructed by a taxidermist A. よくある問題例文で、My uncle gave me this computer.を受動態の形にしなさい。というもので、 (4)I was given this computer by my uncle. (5)I was given this computer from my uncle. もbyでもfrom でもいいと思うのですが、どの参考書もbyのみで答えがのっているのは、なぜでしょうか?なぜfrom だといけないでしょうか?教えてください。 ちなみに自分の考えは以下です。 参考書寄りidea: Iに対してgivenの動作を作用させたbyがmy uncle。 fromを使うなら、その注視はthis computerの出どころをイメージさせるからIの主語と合わない。This computer was given to me from my uncle.にして主語とto~from~を関連させるならfromを使う意味がある。 私の直感: 基本どっちだって使える、Iにfocusしたいか、物にfocusを当てたいかで使い分けたらいい。その人のfeelingでOK. 教えてください。宜しくお願いします。

• 整序の問題です お願いします(>_<)

次の日本語を英訳してください! (1)In this country, ( agriculture / 30% / for / account / as / still / as much ) この国では、今でも農業が国内総生産の30%を占めてる。 (2)The government announced that ( every / in / one / own / people / ten / will ) an electric car by the end of the year. 年末までに10人に1人が電気自動車を所有するだろうと政府は表明した。 (3)He is ( when / to / comes / second / none / it ) to the art of conversation. 話術となると彼は誰にも負けません。 (4)We ( a / as / caught / drove / large / of / sight / steamboat / we ) by the harbor. 車で港のそばを通り過ぎたときに大型の汽船が目に入った。 (5)The heat ( is / be / to / high / this / supposed ) when making an omelet, isn't it? オムレツを作るときに、火はこのぐらいの強さでいいんですよね。 お手数ですが宜しくお願いします(>_<)