英語についての質問<メール>

このQ&Aのポイント
  • I think you have a good start. I suggest you concentrate on only one area of interest with XX. And a very big thing is that you should use academic journals in your research, not just things you are finding on websites. I see you have a few sources that are good, but we want to do some serious digging. I am happy to meet with you to discuss things if you'd like.
  • あるテーマでペーパーを進めようとしたのですが、このトピックでいいかどうかとメールをしました。その返信できたのが以上の英文です。
  • Thank you for the reply. I understand. 『See you tomorrow.』 と最後に入れて送るだけでいいでしょうか?アドバイスがあれば教えて欲しいです。
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

英語についての質問<メール>

『I think you have a good start. I suggest you concentrate on only one area of interest with XX. And a very big thing is that you should use academic journals in your research, not just things you are finding on websites. I see you have a few sources that are good, but we want to do some serious digging. I am happy to meet with you to discuss things if you'd like.』 あるテーマでペーパーを進めようとしたのですが、このトピックでいいかどうかとメールをしました。 その返信できたのが以上の英文です。 それに対して、 『Thank you for the reply. I understand.』だけでいいでしょうか? 少し文章が短すぎるなーという気がするのですが、だからといってダラダラ書くのも…と思っています。 『See you tomorrow.』 と最後に入れて送るだけでいいでしょうか? アドバイスがあれば教えて欲しいです。

• wxw
  • お礼率89% (1045/1166)
  • 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • cbm51901
  • ベストアンサー率67% (2671/3943)
回答No.1

先方は「もし望むのであれば会ってこの件について話し合ってもいいよ」と言ってくれているのですから、まずはそれに対する意思表示をすべきだと思います。 1. 会う場合: 『Thank you very much for your advice. Yes, I would like to meet with you and discuss how I should go about finding good sources for my paper. I would appreciate it if you would let me know when you will be available for such a meeting. Thank you.』 * go about finding good sources「良い資料探しに取り掛かる」 2. 会わない場合 『Thank you very much for your advice. As you suggested, I will try to look into academic journals as well as other sources for my paper. I would be grateful if you would spare me your time for discussion if I run into difficulties with my endeavor. Thank you.』 * if I run into difficulties with my endeavor 「もし私の試みに関し困難に遭遇した場合には」 ご参考まで。

wxw
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます。 また2通り返信例を書いていただき大変参考になりました。 ご提案いただいた文章で送ってみます。

その他の回答 (1)

• Nakay702
  • ベストアンサー率80% (9728/12101)
回答No.2

>『Thank you for the reply. I understand.』だけでいいでしょうか? >少し文章が短すぎるなーという気がするのですが、だからといってダラダラ書くのも…と思っています。『See you tomorrow.』 と最後に入れて送るだけでいいでしょうか? ⇒(1)先生のアドバイスに感謝します。(2)お会いして話を聞くのが楽しみです。 この2点を含めて、次のようなお返事になさってはいかがでしょう。 Thank you for your reply and advice. It's a big hint for me. I am also looking forward to meeting with you and listening to you. And then, see you tomorrow.

wxw
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます。 他の方にもご指摘いただいていますが、I am happy to meet with you to discuss things if you'd like.に対しての返事をつけたほうがいいのですね。 大変参考になりました。

関連するQ&A

• 英語が分からないので教えてください。

問題文は次の通りです。 Match each statement with an expression that has a similar meaning. 1.Is this a good time to call? 2.Sorry about that. 3.I didn't catch that. 4.Have you got a couple of minutes? 5.I'm beginning to have second thoughts. 6.Your new European team is on top of things. 7.I want to see exactly where we stand. A.Do you have a moment? B.I want to know what our situation is. C.I didn't hear what you said. D.Is it convenient for you to speak now? E.They have everything under control. F.I do apologize. G.I'm starting to have doubts.

• 英語 教えて下さい

I suspect that rather than machine problems, the problem is with the repair man.Do you know anybody who can do the job? Jim is a good man with tools. ( )him lately? (1)Did you see (2)Have you seen(3)Do you see(4)Are you seeing ( )に入るのは(1)から(4)の中でどれでしょうか?理由も教えて下さい。

• 英語が解らないのに外人の友人とメールをしています。

英語が解らないのに外人の友人とメールをしています。 10歳も年下に馬鹿にされたと思ったのですが私の解釈違いの様な気がします。 英語堪能な方、お願いいたします。 以下流れ 彼女;I'm having the politics class.I just fall asleep in class. 私;What?fall asleep?doze off?splest on?sleep like a top? You have a sence of humor! 彼女;I hope you will padon me!haha!do you have supper? 私;I have not get supper yet.I go easy with the food. 彼女;what a poor man! I'm going to have the english class. My stomach is not feel very well.So that my appetite is not so good. please take good care of youself.I think the God wiil bless you all the time. What are you busying on? 私;Are you angry?I'm not good english. 彼女;No,I meant that you should have dinner on time or you will have a bad stomach like me. 私;Good night. Sweet dreams. 彼女;We are friend ,so i will never be angry with you.clear? My friend Ken?I think your are tired today. good night.good dream. Kenは私の名前です。彼女は英語圏の人ではありません。 返信するのに20分位掛かります。 poor man で馬鹿にされて、「私は貴方より英語が解るのよ。 なんでそんなに時間が掛かるの。忙しいの」と思ったのですが 違う気がします。 彼女のプライバシーの内容を掲示板に書き込む事はどうかと、お叱りを受ける事が有ると思いますが 正しい和訳を教えて下さい。お願いいたします。

• 英語の和訳お願いします。

You and I will tell tell everybody that we are going to put on a fight and that every animal will have to bring a freshly killed boar in order to get in and see the fight. 宜しくお願いします!

• 英語の訳をお願いします

Good morning. How are you? I'm not doing very well. I have the flu Fin, thank you. How are you? I have to go I'm sorry to hear that It was nice to see you I hope you will recover soon Goodbye. see you later Bad. I've got a cold Hi. How's it going? Oh, what a shame! Pretty good. How about you? Take it easy, and you'll get better soon I've got to be going Nice seeing yo Bye .Catch you later  

• このthingsって何のこと?

訳の質問ですが、 I been good, things are going ok, i need to get my car fixed but things are good so whats been going on with you? how are things out there? 訳を教えてください 元気にしてたよ 事もうまくいってる。車が必要なんだ、、わかりません教えてください。彼のいうthingsもよくわかりません 彼と何かについて語ったこともないですし、、

• 至急。英語について。

oh ok. do you have dates? Go out with a guy? I called my grandma, she's dying so I wanted to say my good bye to her. ↑に 『予定、あるっちゃあるけどたいした用事はないよ。そうだったんですか。それはツラいですね。 でも大丈夫。元気になってもっと長生きしてくれるように 私も願ってます。』 ↑と言いたいですか、 I have some errands to run but it's nothing. That was it. It must be tough for you. I hope she will be all right. I am with you and wishing her to get well and live longer.←合っていますか?

• 英語の質問です。和訳お願いします。

Nice to hear from you! Thank you for your tips for the hostels. I have a (strange) question for you. Is it possible to sleep with you for one or two nights? Tomorrow we are leaving Kyoto by bike and I don't know which hostel to choose. Maybe you're open to keep us one or two nights in our house so we can have some time to search for a good hostel? If you don't feel comfortable with you, just say that and we can find a hostel today.

• 英語のメール

ペンパルからのメールです。 自分のペット(犬とねずみ)の話なのですが、詳しく教えてください。 英語圏の人ではないので、よくスペルミスをする人なのですが、たぶん間違いだろうと思うところは直しました。 I have a dog and a rat. I know You may not like rats, but this one is different - he's very clean animal- just like cat. I did not planned to have a rat, but after my dog was operated ("Ruda" - ルダ - redhead, because she's redhead like a fox) she changed a lot. My dog became very pessimistic, started to think about life and death. All i want to say is that i felt like i lost my dog- she was staring at the window day after day. So to help her with her depression i gave her little rat to raise. That moment changed everything. Now they are good friends, rat fall asleep laying on her back:). They are both great and they make my parents laugh what is important.  Well i planned to put a cat between them, but my dog did not agree it:).

• 英語の翻訳をお願いします

長文ですが、次の英語の翻訳をお願いします。 ある俳優にファンが出演した映画について聞いています Q:I was going to ask you Randy about Lorton Lake. A:You know Danny finished that and like re-edited it and did something with it. The director, sorry, the director has had like full control of overall about whatever we make and then he is going to cut down. And I think he did some weird re-edit of it and it played at some places under a different name, but I don't actually have that in control over that anymore. I was like… Q:Don't know if we are going to get to see that then? A:I don't know, I should talk to him while I am here, I need to… Probably not. Q:There is so many things that you guys do that we don't get to see. A:I know, I know, but it's like not good enough for you guys yet, if you see it now. 宜しくお願いします。