What Does 'Max Out My 401(k)' Mean?

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Learn the meaning of 'max out my 401(k)' and how it can help you save for retirement.
  • Understand the importance of maximizing your contributions to your 401(k) plan.
  • Discover the benefits of contributing the maximum amount to your 401(k) and how it can impact your future financial security.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

max out my 401(k)

I just graduated from college and my mom invited me to live with her rent-free so I could save up some money. I'm very lucky and have tried not to be a burden. We really disagree on what I should be saving for. I want to max out my 401(k), correct some dental issues, and travel. max out my 401(k)とはどういうことでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• corta
  • お礼率76% (4123/5358)
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

max out my 401(k)とはどういうことでしょうか? 401(k) とは、下記のように規定されたアメリカの国税庁条例の番号で、それに基づく、個人年金制度のことです。 https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/401k  ですから「その制度の許容する上限まで払い込んで(=退職後の経済事情をまず安定させて)」ということだと思います。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

関連するQ&A

• wait out my feelings

My father died two years ago from complications due to alcoholism. It was a long time coming, and I lived on the other side of the country and did not want to deal with the daily aspects of his care. My mom took care of him as he died but only in the most cursory ways—feeding and housing him. In all other ways she seemed to hate him: freezing him out and ignoring him when he spoke. I firmly believe that my mom should have left him, and it makes me angry at her for staying with him and enabling his alcoholism. I am having a lot of trouble talking to my mom now. I feel angry every time we speak. I currently can’t afford counseling, so my only strategy is to avoid her and wait out my feelings, which since my dad’s death have wavered between clinginess, distance, annoyance, and anger. wait out my feelingsはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 意味を教えてください

I recently got engaged. I want all of my family members to be there and to be happy. Ideally, I would love for my (once) fun aunt to just be kinder to my mother and brother (she is generally nice to me). Should I NOT invite her, and risk some other guests (who might be aligned with her at that moment) also not coming? Do I call her out on her bullying and risk making things even harder for my mom while caring for her mother -- as she will be blamed for raising a bad kid?https://www.arcamax.com/healthandspirit/lifeadvice/askamy/s-2034116?fs aligned with her とcall her out on her bullyingの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• turn outについて

以前ここで添削をしてもらいましたが、 問題 「あなたがこれまで誰かからもらったもので、心に残っているものにどんなものがありますか。ひとつ挙げて、その理由とともに70語程度の英語で述べなさい。」 回答 「A close friend once made a casual remark to me that turned out to be a memorable present.I was broken-hearted because I`d been rejected by a girl.I`d been depressed for days when he said to me,``Nobody will ever like you if you always look depressed.Forget her and find something that is really important to you!`` Those word opened my eyes and I began to apply myself to my studies.」 というのを予備校講師にだしたのですが、 「turned out to be」を「became」に直されました。 理由が「turne out」は「処分,大掃除,装い」が一般的と書いてありました。

• hold out on

I have recently started to have some serious anger issues toward my older sister. She has had a major drug problem for years so I started to slowly cut her out of my and my husband and child’s lives. We tried it all, interventions, etc., but nothing worked. When my father passed away in 2012, it was his wish that we split everything 50/50. She started selling equipment and pocketed the money. Once I found out about it, we had a huge blowup. I started the process to open his estate and wanted to finish it as quickly as possible. She held out on things she wanted: his house, my grandparents’ home, an empty lot. hold out onはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• call them out

I strongly dislike—or don’t fully trust—some of my husband’s friends and family. Although the family has accepted me with open arms, his father, the father’s side of the family, some of my husband’s friends, and their wives occasionally use cultural stereotypes. I’m the only person of color and the newest addition to the group; while I don’t want to be pegged as “the sensitive minority,” I also feel that my silence means acceptance of their words. My husband is totally accepting of others, never stereotypes anyone, and recognizes that these “joking” comments are offensive. But the one time I pushed him to respond to an offensive forwarded email, he dragged his feet, which was disappointing. I feel that since they’re his friends and family HE should be the one to say something, but I understand that he doesn’t want to get into an argument with people who raised him/whom he grew up with, and whom he loves. Is there a polite way to call them out on their words, or should I just leave this alone since 1) we don’t often see them and 2) they don’t say this stuff all of the time? call them out on their wordsはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 和訳をよろしくお願いします

I'm a newish stay-at-home mom finding it hard to connect with my spouse, my friends and my "old" life. I have no family support system and none of my friends have offered or shown any interest in helping with my little one. My whole life has turned upside down (not unexpected) but I guess it's my other relationships that have me surprised. I'm no longer invited to anything friend-wise and the few things I have been invited to were mere hours beforehand with no time to secure a sitter. 最後の文の和訳をよろしくお願いします

• tryとtry out

"I graduated from college last year and was relieved to find a job. The down side is that it makes me miserable. I’m not learning anything, and I feel I spent so much money on college for nothing. I can’t decide whether to look for something else because on paper it’s a great job and I’m grateful I have it. I come from an impoverished rural area and I earn more than my parents. One of my best friends is moving to New York City this summer, and wants me to go with her. Moving to New York has been my lifelong dream, but I don’t know if I can risk it. I have no financial safety net and hardly any savings. I feel guilty for wanting to chuck something secure, but I also think life is short and that now is the time to try different things out. What should I do?" "He tried out a number of different part-time jobs. : 彼は数々のアルバイトを経験しました。" 上の2ケースのどちらもtry outの代わりにtryを使えるでしょうか?2つの違いは何でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• run outは「走っていく」?

I'm visiting one of my clients, and is taking much longer than I expected. Then later this afternoon, I have to run out to the Wenderson branch office. run outは「走っていく」という意味でしょうか?単にrunと言うのではどう違うでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• goes all-out

My extended family spends money as though it grows on trees, while I’m getting my hair cut twice a year and wearing underwear that would guarantee me very poor emergency medical care. I took a huge pay cut in order to care for my children, and I’m happy to be thrifty because of what it means for my babies. The thing is, the family goes all-out at Christmas, and I’m forced to buy more expensive stuff for people who need or want for nothing. goes all-outはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• act out

I work long hours in order to contribute to our rent and utilities. My sister and I are essentially raising our younger brother, who has been struggling in school and acting out. https://www.arcamax.com/healthandspirit/lifeadvice/anniesmailbox/s-2054072 ここでのacting outはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします