• 締切済み

解説お願いします。

解説お願いします。 Dr phil Rasch is equally guarded about the role of geo-engineering: ‘I think all of us agree that if we were to end geo-engineering on a given day, then the planet would return to its pre-engineered condition very rapidly, and probably within ten to twenty years.’ equally guardedとif節の部分がうまく訳せず困ってます。 よろしくお願いします。

• 英語
  • 回答数4
  • ありがとう数2

みんなの回答

• koncha108
  • ベストアンサー率49% (1312/2665)
回答No.4

Dr.Phil Rasch も同様に地球工学の役割に対して慎重である。「地球工学をある日やめたとすると、この惑星はあっという間に工学を適用する前の状態に戻ってしまうだろう。おそらく10年か20年以内に」。 be guarded about は~に慎重である。おそらくここでは、地球工学の役割は温暖化の原因を取り除くものではなく、進行を食い止めるものに過ぎないけどやめるわけにはいけないと言う主旨なのでしょう。

• skydaddy
  • ベストアンサー率51% (388/748)
回答No.3

Dr Phil Raschは地球工学の役割について等しく守られている。:「私は全ての皆さんの同意があると思います。もしある日地球科学が無くなったら、惑星(地球)は、工学が進んだ前の状態にすぐに戻ってしまいます。そしてそれは10から20年以内だろうと思われます。」 私には何と等しいかがこのパラグラフだけでは判りません。地球工学が大切だからそれを研究するPhilも等しく守られる(大事)のかなとも思うのですが前後がないと自信がもてません。

回答No.2

補足。 No.1ではさらりと「あるとき」と書いてしまいましたが,科学英文における given になれていなかったために,この質問となったのかもしれませんね。 直訳すれば,「任意に与えられたある日に」。うしろに「急速に変化していく」と続きますが,その起点が任意に与えられると,という意図です。

回答No.1

地球工学の役割について,(誰かと)同様に用心深い発言をしている あるとき,われわれが地球工学をやめることになったら,(地球はまたたくまに原始状態にもどっちまうだろよ)

関連するQ&A

• (1)The main reason why ge

(1)The main reason why geo-engineering is supported by many in the scientific community is that most researchers have little faith in the ability of politicians to agree ー and then bring in ー the necessary carbon cuts. Even leading conservation organizations see the value of investigating the potential of geo-engineering.~と続く文があるのですが、 Even leading conservation organizations see the value of investigating the potential of geo-engineering.がうまく訳せなかったので翻訳お願いします。 (2)Human-induced climate change has brought humanity to a position where we shouldn't exclude thinking thoroughly about this topic and its possibilities. こちらも翻訳お願いします。

• 翻訳お願いします。

翻訳お願いします。 (1)But all the models suggest some impact on the distribution of precipitation. (2)The main reason why geo-engineering is supported by many in the scientific community is that most researchers have little faith in the ability of politicians to agree ー and then bring in ー the necessary carbon cuts.

• 化学英語 英訳

次の3文ですが、だいたいの意味は分かりますが、具体的に英訳できないので、お願いします。 ・How can only twenty three amino acids form so many different proteins? ・Try to think of the different ways in which twenty three amino acids could be arranged in a chain made up of hundreds of acids. ・If only ten amino acids were included in a chain one hundred units long, the number of possible combination would be 10^100.

• これの和訳を教えてください。

The gyrocenter of a particle comes slowly close to the planet whereas the particle rotates rapidly around the gyrocenter. When the distance between the planet and the gyrocenter is several times as short as the Hill radius, the gyrocenter of the particle gradually turns back to the opposite side of the y-axis, as if it were reflected by a mirror. The feature of the scattering is the same as that for the case e=0. For the final impact parameter, bf, and the eccentricity, ef, we have again the relations bf=-bi and ef=ei. (3・10) お手数ですが、和訳をよろしくお願いいたします。

• この和訳を教えてください。

The gyrocenter of a particle comes slowly close to the planet whereas the particle rotates rapidly around the gyrocenter. When the distance between the planet and the gyrocenter is several times as short as the Hill radius, the gyrocenter of the particle gradually turns back to the opposite side of the y-axis, as if it were reflected by a mirror. The feature of the scattering is the same as that for the case e=0. For the final impact parameter, bf, and the eccentricity, ef, we have again the relations bf=-bi and ef=ei. (3・10) 長い文章ですが、和訳をよろしくお願いいたします。

• 和訳 難

どういう意味ですか どんな理論使うか聞いてるのか理論を自分で考えろってことか分かりません If you found yourself transported to an unfamiliar planet, what methods could you suggest a) To verify that the planet is spherical? b) to find the value of its radius? 出来れば全訳して欲しいです

• 和訳と解説お願いします!

Then I was a young professional , doing extremely well , helping people , getting the respect of my colleagues and supervisors , yet still pushing myself , still believing that I wasn't quite where I could be and that if I only worked harder and accomplished more , I could get to where I thought I belonged. I was twenty-eight years old then-and,yes. 仮定法過去の用法やらが使われているのは理解できますが、 関係詞のthatやカンマで くくられている部分がありすぎて 使われている文法も見抜けず、うまく訳せません。。。 どなたか解説お願いいたします!!

• 英文の解説をよく理解できない・・・

ビジュアル英文解釈2で分からない所があり、困っています 長文になってしまいますが・・・、よければ解説お願いします (≪ ≫で囲っている部分が分からない所です) Persistent mistakes of this kind usually mean something. On the whole, I’m inclined to think that (1)≪it is because people subconsciously believe that≫ the word ought to have something to do with the census — the counting of heads, the calling of a roll. (2)≪With these overtones attached to it≫, ‘concensus,’ with a ‘c,’ if it meant anything at all, would probably be a fairly strong word conveying the idea of a ‘clearly established majority.’ (1)について これ以降を上手に訳すことが出来ません 自分は(うろ覚えだったのですが)『it is why』や『it is because』と同類の結果・原因のものだと考えましたが、 解説には「itは前(こういう誤りが繰り返し行われるのは)を受けているので、強調構文ではない」とありました itは『Persistent mistakes of this kind』を受けているのですか? 強調構文のパターンとそうでないパターンはどう違っているのでしょうか?(『it is because』が強調構文の場合もあるなんて知りませんでした・・・) (2)について 仮定法で『without~』と一緒に『with~』の構文も習いました 解説で「these overtones are attached to itのSVが圧縮してwithの中に入っている」とあったので、 その仮定法のことかな?と思ったのですが、合っていますか? もうひとつ It is (3)≪this and similar differences≫ which make it possible to say~. (3)について 「differencesは複数系なのでthisは掛かれないが、similarによって『これと同種の相違』が追加されているのでから複数系でよい」 と解説されていましたが、全く意味が分かりません・・・ thisとsimilar differencesがandで結ばれているだけ.と考えるのでしょうか? 複数系には絶対に冠詞が必要ということでは無かったと思うので・・・

• 英文の邦訳

If nonfinancial executives were increasingly less willing to serve on bank boards, then we would expect the relative prestige of those who did agree to serve to decline over time. 上記英文の邦訳をお願い致します。

• 日本語訳をお願いします

Um, prepare supper for eighteen hundred, and then eighteen hundred to twenty-two is wash up after supper.And twenty-two to zero-two you can just sit and drink tea, ok? With regard to watches, um, if you can be on time, be vigilant ,keep the log, which is the log book we have to write,and stay awake. Josh, if you want to take care and do the anchor and get a couple of people to help you. 上の文章は、船長らしき人が船員に向かって言っているのですが、数字のeighteen hundred、eighteen hundred to twenty-two、twenty-two to zero-twoは何を示しているのでしょうか? また、最後の文章の、if you wanto to take care and do the anchorですが、何をtake careするのでしょうか?このanchorは碇でしょうか?get couple of people to help youは、人手が必要だったら何人か連れていっていい、と言う認識で大丈夫でしょうか?help youの後は、periodが入ってて、次はまったく別の話が始まります。 英語が得意な方、また船上で使われる言葉に詳しい方、教えてください!よろしくお願いします。