• ベストアンサー

和訳をよろしくお願いします

She does not believe in acknowledging other peoples' special events (birthdays, holidays), and brushes off not doing so by saying, "We don't celebrate birthdays, etc., anymore." 和訳をよろしくお願いします

• corta
  • お礼率76% (4131/5367)
  • 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数3

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.3

彼女は他の人の(誕生日、休日)のような特別なイベントを認めないで、「うちでは、もう誕生日なとは祝いません」と言って、(それらを認めないことが)当然のように相手にしない。 brush off は、下記の「払いのける」に近く、「そうしない(=誕生日を祝わない)ことを(=という非難を)払いのける」という意味でしょう。 https://eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=brush+off

corta
質問者

お礼

ご返信が遅れました。ご回答ありがとうございます

その他の回答 (2)

• Nakay702
  • ベストアンサー率80% (9728/12102)
回答No.2

>She does not believe in acknowledging other peoples' special events (birthdays, holidays), and brushes off not doing so by saying, "We don't celebrate birthdays, etc., anymore." ⇒「彼女は、他の人々の特別イベント(誕生日、休日の通知に)(いちいち)応えることがよいことだとは信じていないので、「もう誕生日等々のお祝ごとはしません」と言って、そういうこと(受け取りの通知)をせずに無視しています。」 *believe in~:「~をよいと思う」。 *acknowledging:「(招待状の受け取りなどを)知らせる」。 *brushes off not doing so:「そういうこと(受け取りの通知)をせずに無視する」。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご返信が遅れました。ご回答ありがとうございます

• skydaddy
  • ベストアンサー率51% (388/748)
回答No.1

彼女は他の人々の特別イベント(誕生日、休日)を事実であるとは信じておらず、「もう誕生日などはもう祝いません」と言っています。 ちょっと意訳ですが、認識していること(acknowledging)の部分がうまく日本語にしにくいです。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご返信が遅れました。ご回答ありがとうございます

関連するQ&A

• この英文が正しいか教えてください!

I am not saying don’t eat junk food anymore. I can't do that neither. 質問はこの2番目の文についてです。 私が言いたいこととしては、 「私はこれから一切ジャンクフードを食べるなといっているのではありません。 そんなことわたしにもできません。」 つまりジャンクフードを「食べない」ということができないと言いたいのですが、この英文で合っているのでしょうか? ややこしくてすみませんが、おねがいします。

• 和訳お願いします。

和訳について質問です。 I wish we were not quite so quick to regard all other forms of learning as somehow interior to the universities, a little less willing to see the universities as our elite institutions. By so doing, we have tended to over-value the theoretical and the abstract in a way that, while it does help individuals lead more fulfilling lives, probably does not help our society's competitiveness. 以下の解釈はあっているでしょうか? 質問1.were not quite so quick~は『そう早くやめれない』ということですか? 質問2.a little less willing to~はどういう訳になるのですか? 『職業訓練施設として大学をみなすことは、あまり快くない。』 質問3.whileのあとのitは「the theoretical and the abstract」をさしていると思うのですが、2つであるのにitはおかしいですよね? どちらか片方なのでしょうか?

• 和訳お願いします。

I feel as if I were walking a tightrope one hundred feet over a circus audience and suddenly the rope is showing signs of breaking, and I get up from my seat and begin to shout once more the first words I can think of to communicate my terrible fear, and once more the usher comes hurrying down the aisle flashing his searchlight, and the old lady pleads with me, and the shocked audience has turned to stare at me, and I keep shouting: "What are they doing? Don't they know what they are doing? Why doesn't my mother go after my father and beg him not to be angry? If she does not do that, what will she do? Doesn't my father know what he is doing?" But the usher has seized my arm, and is dragging me away, and as he does so, he says: "What are you doing? Don't you know you can't do things like this, you can't do whatever you want to do,even if other people aren't about?You will be sorry if you don't do what you should do.You can't carry on like this,it isn't right,you will find that out soon enough,everything you do matters too much,''and as he said that,dragging me through the lobby of the theater into the cold light,I woke up into the bleak winter morning of my twenty-first birthday,the window-sill with its lip of snow,and the morning already begun.

• 和訳をお願いします

Advertisers ask psychologists for advice. These experts tell adver-tisers about the concepts of fear and self-image. They also inform them of new studies on colors and words. Psychologists have found that certain colors on the packages of a product will cause people to choose that product. Also, certain words attract our attention. For example, the words "new," "improved," "natural," and "bigger size" are very popular and seem to draw our eyes toward the package. Many people believe that advertising does not affect them. They feel that they have freedom of choice, and they like to think they make wise choices. Unfortunately, they probably don't realize the powerful effect of advertising. Do you believe that ads don't influence your choice of products? Just look at the brands in your house. お願いします

• "step on each other" の意味を教えてください。

"step on each other" の意味を教えてください。 オバマ大統領がメキシコ湾のオイル流出のことで「みんなで協力し合わなくてはならない」というようなことを語っている部分の一部で, "What you don't want is a situation where everybody is stepping on each other and not doing the best possible job." と言っています。なんとなく文脈から「責任をなすりつけ合っている」のような感じかなと思うのですが、 step on each other は熟語ですか。 それともstep on で何か意味があるのですか。 教えてください。よろしくお願いします。

• 英文を和訳お願いできますか?歌詞です。

You're not forgotten You're not alone You think you're worthless, but you're worth it And He calls you His own Made in His image You were made for more You think there is no plan, that it's all by chance But don't believe that anymore Every time that you wake up breathing Every night when you close your eyes Every day that your heart keeps beating There's purpose for your life So don't give up Don't lay down Just hold on Don't quit now Every breath that you take has meaning You are here for a reason If you spent your days just getting by When you feel useless, He can use you And show you what it means to be alive Every day is a gift from above Don't throw it away When it feels like to much He'll be there 大好きな歌手なのですが、意味が難しいくて、ちょっと解読できませんでした。英語が堪能な方、お力をお貸しください。

• 英文和訳

和訳の間違いと空欄の部分を教えてください。 If you're a singer, sing. (歌手なら歌ってください。) If you're an accountant, manage money. (会計士なら、お金を管理してください。) Be proud of your talents and skills. (才能をスキルを誇ってください。) Learn to say "no." (Noということを学んでください。) Set limits on your time. (時間制限を決めてください。) Saying "no" is not being selfish. (“いいえ”ということは利己的ではありません) It can keep you from feeling angry for saying "yes" to things you don't want to do. () Take steps to move to ward what you want. () Make a phone call. (電話をかけてください。) Rewrite your resume. (レジメを書き直してください。) Arrange your closet. (物置を配置してください。) Take the first small step. (最初の小さいステップをとってください。) Don't wait until you feel like doing it. (それをしたいという気持ちを抑えないでください。) Just do it. (少しだけそれをしてください。) Create balance in your life. (人生においてバランスを造ってください。) Do you need to work fewer hours? (より少ない時間働く必要がありますか。) In-crease family time? () Maybe you need more social life. (たぶん、より社会的な人生が必要です。) Look at small ways to make changes. (変化を起こす小さい方法を見てください。) Give yourself a few minutes alone each day. () Take time to find your true spirit. (真実の心を見つけるのに時間をかけてください。)

• 英語のできるかた訂正をお願いしたいです

英語のできるかた訂正をお願いしたいです 急いでます>< I believe in gratitude. The spirit of language means mystic power of words affecting the real world that was mainly believed in ancient Japan. This I believe. Do you always say, “I’m sorry” to people around you when you are some wrong to them? Do you always say, “good bye or take care” to your friends? Do you always say, “thank you” to everyone when you have somebody doing for you? Which are you sides, always saying or not saying? Although these words are significant for people, I believe that gratitude is the most important word for me.

• 訳をお願いします

He or she might take off the glasses and put them away to indicate that a meeting is finished. Sometimes people look over their glasses and raise their eyebrows to indicate that they do not believe what someone is saying. In these and other ways, glasses can affect cmmmunication. よろしくお願いします。

• 訳を手伝ってくれませんか??(3)

First, I can see how one would think that atheists have a mental block. However, I think that if you don't agree with something, you're not going to believe it's the right way of thinking, and therefore may believe the person that does believe it is not capable of seeing the flaws in the religion, or lack thereof. I've had to try very hard to see why people can believe somethings, such as Catholics, or even the people that join cults! How can they believe it?! But then I stop and try to realize that they are just looking for something in their life, and for them, maybe it best suits their personality or needs at the time. こんにちは。これはアメリカ人からのメールで無神論者と信仰者についての話しなんですけれどいまいち何がいいたいのかわかりません。ちなみに彼女は無神論者で私は仏教徒です。 (1)I can see how one would think that atheists have a mental block. のmental blockは思考の停止と訳してよいのでしょうか??無神論者は精神的に成長する段階で壁があるということでしょうか? (2) However, I think that if you don't agree with something, you're not going to believe it's the right way of thinking, and therefore may believe the person that does believe it is not capable of seeing the flaws in the religion, or lack thereof. 貴方が何かに賛成しなければ、貴方はそれが正しい考え方と信じないでしょう。それゆえに貴方は宗教は欠点がないとを信じる人を信じるでしょう。 といった意味でしょうか?とても長い文章ですがどなたかお願いします<(_ _)>