• ベストアンサー

top up?

https://www.aljazeera.com/sport/tennis/2012/11/20121114164514594610.html の次の文章の意味が解りません。和訳をお願いします。特にtop upの意味が解りません。 In 1975, Czechoslovakia were beaten by Sweden 3-2 in the final in Stockholm as the unstoppable Bjorn Borg topped up his impressive series of twelve wins in as many Davis Cup games, both singles and doubles.

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Nakay702
  • ベストアンサー率80% (9728/12102)
回答No.1

>In 1975, Czechoslovakia were beaten by Sweden 3-2 in the final in Stockholm as the unstoppable Bjorn Borg topped up his impressive series of twelve wins in as many Davis Cup games, both singles and doubles. ⇒top upの意味:「(上まで)積み上げる、いっぱいにする」。 (訳文)1975年、チェコスロバキアはストックホルムにおける決勝戦でスウェーデンに対して3-2で勝利した。勢いの止まらないビヨン・ボルグは、デイビス・カップの多くの試合でシングルスとダブルス両方を含めて12連勝という、印象的なシリーズをいっぱい演じた。

gutti009
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。参考になりました。

関連するQ&A

• ちょっと訳がわかりません(_ _;)

Ishikawa teamed up with Shunsuke Sonoda to win in the doubles session before finishing second behind Sakura Yokomine in his singles threesome in the one-day charity event at King Fields Golf Club in Chiba Prefecture. この文なのですがbeforeのあたりから訳し方がわかりません どなたかご教授お願いできませんでしょうか?

• top it off

I have been working as a server in a restaurant for the past couple years. On several occasions, guests have left me their phone numbers on the check, often along with a note expressing interest in me and asking me to text them sometime. I have never taken anyone up on his or her offer, as I am in a happy and committed marriage. (I wear my ring every shift, so I never know if these guys are just not paying attention or choosing to ignore it.) Recently, another server had this happen, and she did not text them, as she has a boyfriend. But then the worst-case scenario happened: The same guest came back a week later, was sat in her section again, was cold and rude to her the entire time (despite being with friends), and topped it off by stiffing her on the tip. topped it offはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 次の文の英訳をお願いしますm(_ _)m

The grace of Cardiff's white-stoned Civic centre may come as a surprise to those brought up on the old image of the city. The collection of government and civic buildings has been rated along with Washington DC and NEW Delhi as one of the world's most elegant examples of civic architecture. The civic centre with the great dome of the City Hall is topped by a Welsh dragon. It is worth venturing in to see the "Heroes of Wales" statues in the Marble Hall.

• 和訳

When we are employed in reading a great and good author,we ought to consider ourselves as searching after treasures,which,if well and regular laid up in the mind,will be of use to us on various occasions in our lives. He was old enough,twelve years and a few months,to have lost the prominent belly of childhood; and not yet old enough for adolescence to have made him awkward. You could see now that he might make a boxer,as far as width and heaviness of shoulder went,but there was a mildness about his mouth and eyes that proclaimed no devil. 2つの英文を和訳していただけたら嬉しいです。

• Top yourself up

(禁酒をすることに決めた、という投稿者に対して)Top yourself up periodically and avail yourself of the helpfully content-obscuring red Solo cup whenever possible. http://www.slate.com/articles/life/dear_prudence/2017/05/dear_prudence_my_friend_is_maybe_being_emotionally_abused_by_his_wife.html?via=rubric_recirc_recent Top yourself upはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• top upの用法についてお尋ねします。

top upの用法についてお尋ねします。 I want to top up $20 on my phone. 20ドル携帯にチャージしたいと言う意味で、上記英文は使えますでしょうか?また、top upの用法も正しいでしょうか? よろしくお願いします。

• ディスクトップクリーンアップができない

WinXPを使っています。ディスクトップで右クリック→「プロパティ」→「ディスクトップ」タブ→(ディスクトップのカスタマイズ)ボタンクリック→「ディスクトップ項目」ダイアログボックスで(ディスクトップをクリーンアップする)ボタンクリック→「ディスクトップクリーンアップウイザード」開始→クリーンアップするショートカットにチェックを入れ、(次へ)のボタンをクリックすると、「ディスククリーンアップの完了」となり、(完了)ボタンを押すと、「ファイルまたは、フォルダの移動エラー」のダイアログボックスが出て、「ファイルを移動できません。送り側のファイル、または、ディスクから読み取れません」というメッセージが書かれています。何が原因で、どうしたら可能になるのでしょうか。

• 夢についてのディスカッション(添削希望)

お願いします HOW OFTEN DO MOST OF YOU REMEMBER DREAMS, TALK ABOUT THEM, OR WRITE THEM DOWN?というディスカッションのタイトルがありまして以下のように書いてみました、恐れ入りますがどなたか文法を添削頂けると非常に助かります。 I have a dream once in a great while. My dreams always carry hidden messages. Therefore, when I sleep, I always put a memo beside me. Curiously enough, when I have a dream I wake up in the middle of the dream every time. So Waking up first time the morning, I dot down the memo as soon as possible and I full back to sleep. I become awake in the morning again; I take down the details about the dream from the memo. One of my impressive dreams is when I lose my direction in life, I had a dream. In the dream, I went somewhere by bicycle but I could not find it. I gave up and went back to my house. My mother was waiting for me. She said “You could not find it could you? You look very tired, but it is simple. Check your map then you will know where it is” I do not know map exact meaning but I think the dream carry hidden meaning.

• 英文の和訳をお願いします。

At the end of the day, as hard as it was, I always had to feed to remind myself that the wrestling business was a "work", and not to feed into all the bullshit about wins and losses. The second a guy takes championship belts and himself to seriously he becomes a mark. Sure its easy to become swept up in your own hyp, but if you can't maintain a distinct separation between yourself and your gimmik. あるプロレスラーが試合の勝敗やwork(シナリオ)について自分の考えを語っているようですが、どうしても意味がわかりません… 長文ですが、よろしくお願いします! ちなみにgimmikとはプロレスの専門用語で“キャラクター”のような意味合いだそうです。

• 英語の添削をお願いします!

英語が得意な方、お力を貸してください。 添削していただけるとたいへん助かります。 どうぞ宜しくお願いします。 1. Photographers are drawn to particular luster of the area’s water, which owes its brilliance to the light that shines through the water and bounces off the white rock of the Dakigaeri Valley’s shallow stream beds. Another must-see attraction of the area is a section of the valley known as Seiganji. It gets its temple-like name thanks to mist, which resembles rising plumes of incense, kicked up by a nearby waterfall. 2. The village of Higi in Senshyu is known as the “Little Kyoto”of Tohoku, thanks mostly to the traditional architecture of the buildings that were once the homes of Akita’s samurai. Kakunodate was founded by the Ashina family in 1620, and much of the appearance of its samurai quarter has been unchanged since then. Many of the houses still belong to the descendants of these samurai families, but others have been turned into shops, cafes, and museums. For history buffs, the two most impressive residences are the Yagi House and the Guro House, both of which feature impressive collections of armor, artwork, and weapons that date back to the days of Japan’s celebrated warriors.