How Can I Stop Craving His Validation?

このQ&Aのポイント
  • After unsuccessful attempts at dating other men, he keeps coming back but quickly loses interest when he realizes I have flaws. I've tried putting up walls and blocking communication, but his voice still lingers in my head. How can I stop craving his validation?
  • Even after trying to date other men without success, he continues to return with a strong love for me. However, this love fades when he realizes I have flaws. I've tried blocking communication and building emotional walls, but his voice still haunts me. How can I overcome my craving for his validation?
  • Despite my failed attempts at dating other men, he keeps returning to me with an intense love that fades when he realizes I'm not perfect. I've tried putting up barriers and cutting off communication, but his influence remains in my thoughts. How can I break free from my need for his validation?
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

validationの訳し方

It’s been over a year, and I’ve unsuccessfully dated other men. He’s come back a few times since then, with an aching love for me that quickly cools when he’s reminded I have flaws. I’ve put up walls and tried to block communication, but that doesn’t help get rid of his voice in my head. I don’t know how to stop craving his validation. validationがどの辞書を調べても訳し方がわからないのですが、ここではどう訳したら良いでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• corta
  • お礼率76% (4123/5358)
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • bakansky
  • ベストアンサー率48% (3502/7245)
回答No.1

> I don’t know how to stop craving his validation.  validation は validate という動詞の名詞形。validate はたとえば   to prove that something is correct という意味 (この定義は下記 [参考URL] の辞書からの引用です)。  そうすると、上記の英文は、たとえば 「彼に認められたいという欲求から、どうしたら解放されるのか、その方法が分からない」 といった感じかもしれません。

参考URL:
http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/validate
corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

関連するQ&A

• どのような意味でしょうか

My partner and I (mid-30s) have been together for just under a year and he’s wonderful. I feel secure in our relationship with one exception. He has two children from a previous relationship, ages 6 and 10. They live with their mother (his relationship with her is still tense, though they’ve been apart for three years), and he sees them regularly and is very proud of them. This is the first time I’ve dated a parent and I want to handle it well, so I told him a couple of months ago that I feel ready to meet them and left it there. left it thereはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• よろしくお願いします

I've been married for four years. My husband is a good man. He's really good to me, but lately it feels like our marriage is in a rut. We don't have any children, so I feel that some our attention should be focused on "us," but he stays on his computer all day, and when he's not on his computer, he's got his nose in his phone. I'm all about letting him have his "you time," so I let him do his own thing, and I go and do my own things, but I would still like some "us" time every now and again. he's got his nose inはhe's caught up inと同意でしょぅか?あと、I'm all about はどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 目的語と主語が集約された文

I've never seen【him】skip his work. He skip his work.の主語が、初めの文章の目的語となっていて、himに集約されてるようですが、どのような条件でこのような使い方が出来るのでしょうか?動詞の種類でしょうか? I've never seen that he skip his work. では、意味が違ってくるのでしょうか? よろしくお願いいたします。

• personal reckoning

I am in the midst of a major personal reckoning. Having dated relatively unsuccessfully (and increasingly desperately) for the last 15 years, I recently woke up to the disorienting realization that my life is passing me by. personal reckoningとはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• not a moment sooner

I’ve been in a long-distance relationship for a few years now. We met when I lived in his country for work. We see each other about six times a year for a few weeks at a time. While I love him dearly, I’m starting to crumble without having an endgame in sight. I’ve talked to him about this and he’s adamant that he’ll propose when he’s ready and not a moment sooner, that he wants it to be a surprise, et cetera. not a moment soonerはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 英文日記の添削をしていただけませんか(^^)

またまた英文日記を書いてみました。文法的な間違いや、表現のおかしい部分などがあれば、直していただけると助かります(^^)ネイティブならこんな表現をするなど、指摘してくださると,なおうれしいです(^^) I’ve worried about my son’s meals lately. He usually reluctant to eat fish, meat, and vegetables. He likes fruits and staple food such as bread, noodle, rice…. I’m worried that this way would harm my son’s health and growth, so I force food into his mouth every time. I thought that I needed to idea that he could eat nourishment, so I made special soup. I put fish, meat ,mushroom , and vegetables to this soup. He rather eats this soup so I often make this special soup. I ‘m worried ,however, that he will perhaps become no sense of taste if he continues eating this soup.

• turn it around on me

In the 20 years I've been with my partner, I've had suspicions that he's cheated. Whenever I confront him, he becomes angry and tries to turn it around on me. turn it around on meはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 使役動詞

For instance, we were with his friend, and the friend said he hasn't done laundry since the day he got married. My boyfriend then announced that he never did laundry until he got divorced. I said, "Well, aren't you doing your own laundry now?" His reply was, "I've got my daughter doing it." I've got my daughter doing it.はI've gotの代わりにI haveと言うとdoingではなくdoですよね?なぜなのでしょうか?I get my daughter to do it.はより口語的、という理解で良いでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 動名詞を使うとどうなりますか?

動名詞を使うとどうなりますか? I reminded him that he had promised it. よろしくお願いします

• enable

My husband, "Paul," wants nothing to do with my 36-year-old son, "Alan." I admit that Alan lived with us too long and has done some terrible things, but he's my son and I love him. I've enabled him because of his health problems. He has diabetes, epilepsy and vision problems and, in the past year, has lost 80 pounds. ここでのenabledはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします