• ベストアンサー

themについて

Why don't we order some tapas? Tapas? Yes. They are small dishes with food on them. That way, we can try a little of everything. 上記の英文にあるfood on themのthemは、dishesのことですか? 何を指してるのでしょうか? 教えて下さいよろしくお願いします。

noname#213339
noname#213339
  • 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.1

そうですね、dishes のことです。 まず一点、「自らの上に」ということで日本語では不要です。 Take an umbrella with you. の with you も「自らとともに」 日本語ではいちいち言いませんが、位置関係を明確にするために英語では使われます。 ここでもただ with food でなく、「自らの上に」で位置関係を明確にします。 あと一点。dishes はここでは「皿に盛られた料理、料理一皿分」という意味ですが、 本来「皿」であるため、with food on them と言えます。

noname#213339
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。

その他の回答 (1)

• marbleshit
  • ベストアンサー率49% (5033/10253)
回答No.2

その通りです。 They are small dishes with food on them. 『食べ物が(その上に)乗った小皿料理のことだよ』

noname#213339
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。

関連するQ&A

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

マリリン・マンソンの名言なのですが、翻訳をお願い致します。 『Anybody who doesn't want to realize this is fooling themselves. People are bored because they've done everything they can do. So now the fear of death is the only thing that gets them excited. That's why some people have made me into some type of sex symbol. I'm death on wheels the way I look.』

• call them out

I strongly dislike—or don’t fully trust—some of my husband’s friends and family. Although the family has accepted me with open arms, his father, the father’s side of the family, some of my husband’s friends, and their wives occasionally use cultural stereotypes. I’m the only person of color and the newest addition to the group; while I don’t want to be pegged as “the sensitive minority,” I also feel that my silence means acceptance of their words. My husband is totally accepting of others, never stereotypes anyone, and recognizes that these “joking” comments are offensive. But the one time I pushed him to respond to an offensive forwarded email, he dragged his feet, which was disappointing. I feel that since they’re his friends and family HE should be the one to say something, but I understand that he doesn’t want to get into an argument with people who raised him/whom he grew up with, and whom he loves. Is there a polite way to call them out on their words, or should I just leave this alone since 1) we don’t often see them and 2) they don’t say this stuff all of the time? call them out on their wordsはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 英語の和訳お願いします。

英語の和訳をお願いしたいです。 All I can be Have what we need What you've got to do is to give it your best shot Forget yesterday Now is everything Ignore cold eyes,yell at the top of your lungs So that the world hears No need to change,we're fine this way Just act on instinct, listen to your heart Don't pay attention to what they say Live your life the way that you want If you are tired then why don't you rest There is no need to keep on running Burn your soul into these notes and verses Then this song will surely reach their ears No need to change,we're fine this way Just act on instinct, listen to your heart Don't pay attention to what they say Live your life the way that you want You've made no mistake Call your own shots on right and wrong Don't pay attention to what they say Live your life the way that you want よろしくお願いします。

• 英文の意味を教えて下さい。

ある雑誌を読んでいましたら下記のようなコメントがありました。なんとなくはわかりましたが、正確な意味が知りたくなってしまいました。 すみませんが意味を教えて下さい。 yes. if they don't listen to us, we will force to pull them down from online because we care about our brand in USA

• 英文の間違いについて(1)

英文間違っていたり、訂正箇所があったら教えてください。 We can learn and know for some people to try new things. (私たちは、何人かの人が新しいことに挑戦することで学んだり知ることができる) For example, we can go to space, now. Many people studied space made us go to space. (多くの人々が宇宙を研究し、私たちを宇宙へいけるようにしてくれた) On the one hand, we can live for some people to do only what they already do well. For example, we can eat food for some people make vegetable and so on. I want to try new things and take risks. I'd like to discuss why I think so by talking about potential and dreams. (夢と可能性でなぜそう思うかを議論します) お願いします。

• 文法的な解釈を教えて下さい。

次の2つの疑問文の用法が良く理解できないでおります。 1.Why is it some people want to finght the moment they get drunk? 2.Why is it I don't want you to answer my questions in future by using these shor forms? この英文の両方に使われている「is it」は文法的にどのような働きをしているのでしょうか? 「Why do some people」「Why don't I」とは言えないのでしょうか? どうぞ宜しくお願い致します。

• 和訳をお願いします

和訳をお願いします 長くなってすみません(>_<) For over 1,800 years, pepople have had animals as pets. Dogs and cats are the ones which are kept the most, but some people keep fish, rabbits, snakes and robopets. Then, you may say, “What are robopets?” Over the years, science has developed and now we have robot pets. Some of them can show “feelings,”such as joy, sadness and anger, by using body movements, sounds and the lights in their eyes. Some can even decide how to things by themselves, as well as remember hundreds of words and talk to us in languages such as English, Japanese and Spanish. Robopets have some better points than animal pets. They don't make loud noises and we don't need to feed them, give them a bath or take them for a walk. Also, they never make the carpet or floor dirty, so we don't have to clean up after them. And they don't get sick or die ! Many people aren't interersted in having robopets, however. They can't feel any warm relationship between a robot and themselves. They feel that when they have an animal as a pets, they can have friendly relationship with it. When animals get sick or die, we learn an important lesson : we wil be gone some day. So we love them more and learn how important ― and sometimes short ―life is. People now have a choice about pets. They can choose a pet that is very convenient, or they can choose a pet that is living. Which kind would you choose?

• youtubeからのメールなんですが・・・。

What's up, I just finished watch some of your videos on YouTube and have to say I was highly impressed. I just don't get why videos as good as yours aren't getting more views. I just don't understand it, I mean your videos are much better than most of the crap on there. They were completely enjoyable to watch (much more so than many videos on the site). Isn't it crazy that people would rather the same garbage over and over instead of new and fresh material? I used to have the same problem with low views until I found, TubeTrafficMembership . Com They send a bunch of views your way and really help make sure that the YouTube community takes notice of your videos. If you try it right now it won't even cost you a cent. They have a free trial going on now! Why not give them a try and see if they can help you the way they helped me. No matter what you decide I hope you keep sending your videos in, they make YouTube all the more enjoyable. Have a great day. 上のメールが来たのですがよく分かりません せっかくメールをくれたのに無視・・ではなんだか嫌だしグーグル翻訳してみたり 自分ではできる限りはしましたが 結果よくわかりませんでした 自分が英語得意だったらスラスラっと意味がわかると思うのですが・・・ もしよければ翻訳してください 完璧でなくてもいいです  内容がだいたい分かれば満足なのでどうか御願いしますorz

• 次の英文あっていますか?

友達のお父さんが亡くなり、その後お母さんが精神的に参ってしまっていると連絡があり、その人へ出すメールなのですが、 ●They say time heals everything; It's truth. But best way is always someone with her and talk. Don't let her alone and stay at home. If your house is near downtown, it's good thing someone try to take her go ourside little by little. Please take care of your mon. 時間が癒してくれるって言います。それは本当だと思いますが、一番言いい方法は、いつも誰かが彼女の傍にいて話かける事です。一人で家にいさせる事はいけません。 もし、貴方の家がにぎやかな町にあるのなら、少しづつ外出させるのもいい事です。お母さんをお大事にしてください。 Don't ~と書くより何か言い書き方ないでしょうか?

• 以下の英会話について教えて頂きたく思います。

以下の英文について教えていただきたく思います。 A:Don't Japanese people hear English on our movies in theaters? BI No we don't. Though we often see American films in cinemas , we seldom hear English versions becouse before they're released in Japan, most of them are doubbed in Japanese.But as far as I know, some of them are watched without Japanese dubbing overhere. アメリカ人との会話なのですが、このように答えてしまったのですが、文意はなしているでしょうか?またwe seldom hear English on those movies because~とも考えたのですが変でしょうか?「英語の映画を英語では聞かない」と伝えたいだけの話なのですが、また英語を聞くという意味ではhearより」listenの方が良いのでしょうか? よろしくお願いいたします。 ちなみにAがアメリカ人なのですが、私の発言を受け、「I see. if I go see English ones in Japan can I watch them with Eng subtitles? 」だったのですが。